Overall Satisfaction with osTicket
OsTicket used to be the main customer service platform before we implemented a new CS system. However, due to its well-implemented functionality as well as user-friendliness, OSTicket stayed as one of the main customer support (and apparently not only) platforms in our company. Now it's used solely for a distributor and other inquiries excluding end-user tickets. Coming from the nature of the support department's dense cooperation with other departments, OsTicket is literally used across the whole company in the support, sales, technical, and logistics departments. Thus, the accounts on OSTicket are distributed throughout the corresponding departments. Its user-friendly and easy to manipulate interface gives the possibility to adapt it to most of the company process requirements. Using it, the departments' cooperation between each other is much easier than communicating with emails. Distributing tickets and assigning them to the responsible persons is one of the handiest and most used functions which helps us deal with every day clients' inquiries.
- The main advantage of the OSTicket system is its functionality. For the average CS system, OSTicket supports everything that is needed for small to medium sized companies to provide the complete customer service solutions to their users. Unlimited agents, unlimited departments, unlimited number of tickets, hosted system's free license as well as custom tickets functionalities such as canned responses and assigning tickets to different agents/departments - all this makes it one of the best freeware customer support platforms out there.
- Another advantage and the strength of OSTicket is its user-friendliness and easy to use interface for admins as well as agents. It basically takes me only a few hours to train the new employee on how to use the system fully. Even from their side, it takes not more than a day to fully understand the whole functionality and the principles of working with it.
- What's more, OSTicket is totally FREE. I guess they have some cloud-hosted paid service, but as far as the downloadable free license does basically everything that is needed for CS. I can say huge thanks to the developers who released such a well-built and equipped system for free.
- Tha lack of social media integration. One of the main reasons for migrating to another CS system was that the OsTicket lacks the functionality to be merged with social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter. It would be an additional great benefit to this system.
- Another flaw of the system and the most important one is the lack of the statistical tools to measure the overall performance of the system as well as agents. It basically just has one page of some really hard to understand chart/graphics that gives only very basic information about the overall performance. In short, it can be hardly used for any kind of reporting purposes.
- It might not be important stuff, but what could also be improved is the design of the overall system UI. I understand that it's good that it is solid and without any excessive colours and stuff, but sometimes as it's said - 'visual means a lot.'
- Increased the customer service department effectiveness.
- Is a reliable system for the specifically targeted clients.
Comparing OsTicket with the above paid CS platforms would not be fair as OsTicket is free and it might have more limited functionality compared to the other two. However, when it comes ease of use and functionality, OsTicket might also be considered as one of the best customer service platforms which can be used for free.
This is the perfect customer service platform for startup companies that do not want or do not have enough funds to invest in paid CS platforms. All you have to buy is simple web hosting and install the free license on it. It will surely be able to maintain all the CS department's needs. This is also a good platform to be used as a secondary one, say, for internal or special clients.