Traps will trap malware
Updated February 25, 2020
Traps will trap malware
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Palo Alto Networks Traps
Traps are used by all of the endpoints (notebook & VDI) in our organization. This is done to mitigate the risk from malware attack, zero day attack and APT. Previously we utilized a typical anti-virus agent for protection from known malware. However since Q1 last year and based on the threat trends, we discovered it's not enough just to rely on the known malware/traditional anti-virus solution.
- Able to block malicious child-process run on the endpoint
- Able to block executed files which hashes are malicious
- Able to block process that employs malicious behaviour
- Proven to be able to block zero-day exploits
- We encountered some glitch in a certain version of the agent. When we deployed newer version, the policy set on the previous version was white-listed/overwritten.
- Moving to encrypted based connection (communication between agent to server) is troublesome, coz we need to uninstall the agent first.
- Need to have a more flexible reports/dashboard where we can customize it
- We feed Traps log to our SIEM, however the information sent to the SIEM was not complete, but we need to investigate more probably some faults are on us
- No ransomware has sucessfully impact our endpoints, this has saved us hundreds if not millions of dollars lost
- Users are now more aware of what files/processes that are malicious are being run, this give a good education on to the users
- the cost of implementation is relatively average, compares to competitor
At that time, we could not find other solutions that could compete with Traps. Most of the solutions presented to us are traditional anti-virus. While traps do not rely on the signature of malware but more on the suspicious behaviour or method used. This gave Traps a lot of advantage that we fine could address our needs. Even now, we are reviewing to replace completely the traditional anti virus.
The team that supports us are tremendous, they have helped us in upgrading the versions. The upgrade didn’t go on smoothly however their support to fix the issues are great. And lots of help from them to advice us on better use the Traps. Exceptional supports have been given to us by the team.
Do you think Palo Alto Networks Traps delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Palo Alto Networks Traps's feature set?
Did Palo Alto Networks Traps live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Palo Alto Networks Traps go as expected?
Would you buy Palo Alto Networks Traps again?
If protection from known and unknown malware or suspicious process / files are the target, than Traps will address that. It has been proven by us numerous times that Traps are able to block malicious behaviours being run in the files, as well it can prevent zero-day exploits from hitting our organization.