Overall Satisfaction with Paychex Flex
It's used across the entire organization. It addresses the problems that we would have if we couldn't pay people for their time. Folks are able to input their hours and it's easy to view time off buckets.
- User friendly
- Nice layout and easy to go in and out of screens
- The dedicated specialists are always there when you need them
- It's super simple to input hours and I can't imagine inputting any other way
- Some supervisors have had trouble seeing their staff's time off buckets which leads to a lot of back and forth throughout the year between the supervisor and myself.
- Maintenance doesn't often happen, but there have been kinks where folks are unable to log in at times.
- There's no more submit button for staff so they are confused if they've entered in their time.
- Improved time management where I can email folks every other week and people enter in their time.
- It's been difficult when Jewish holidays get in the way as we are closed for those holidays. As long as I tell my rep in time, I won't get charged if having to submit payroll late, but I should be able to just submit when the holidays are at one point during the year and not have to email a week or so before each time it happens (it doesn't happen often, but it would be nice).
- It's a consistent system we use across the board so it's equitable.
I liked the layout and look of ADP better, but Paychex feels simpler! ADP also had multiple steps, although Paychex flex would be great if I could enter in someone's pay manually and then see how much taxes will be taken out. Folks should be patient and wait, but when someone asks how much net pay they'll make before I run payroll, I have to say "I don't know". (not a bad thing, staff should be patient)
I always get a response. If I have to leave a message, I can also go and speak with another rep in case my rep is out, which is super appreciated. I don't feel left out/alone in a situation and feel like there's immense support from Paychex folks, so that is a relief.
Do you think Paychex Flex delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Paychex Flex's feature set?
Did Paychex Flex live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Paychex Flex go as expected?
Would you buy Paychex Flex again?
Now with the updated system, it's fewer steps to approve time and approve payroll, it's amazing! I love how simple it is and feel like it will save me a lot of time. It was fast before, but now with fewer steps, I can conclude payroll quicker. It's also super easy to manage when I have to edit anything in someone's paycheck or profile.
It's quick, efficient, easy to direct staff on what to do and I can go in and make a few edits/changes easily within minutes. It's a great system and I definitely enjoy the minimal time it takes. It's also duplicable, so if you enter in one set of hours, it can be added in many days in a row as long as you note that. Very helpful for someone who works an average 9-5 work week.