Trello from Atlassian is a project management tool based on a Kanban framework. Trello is ideal for task-management in a to-do list format. It supports sharing boards and cards across users or teams. The product offers a free version, and…
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Task Management (204)9.292%
- Team Collaboration (200)8.787%
- Resource Management (169)8.181%
- Mobile Access (178)7.878%
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Learn How to Use Trello - Beginner's Tutorial
Trello Widget Demo
Trello Project Management Demo
HOW to use TRELLO | ULTIMATE TRELLO TUTORIAL 2021 [Project Management Software for BEGINNERS]
Project management software provides capabilities to streamline management of complex projects through task management, team collaboration and workflow automation
- 9.2Task Management(204) Ratings
This includes the ability to plan, track, collaborate and report on tasks.
- 8.1Resource Management(169) Ratings
Resource management is workload planning to maximize resources.
- 7.3Gantt Charts(67) Ratings
Gantt charts are charts that show tasks or events along the y-axis displayed against time along the x-axis.
- 8Scheduling(155) Ratings
Scheduling capabilities allow users to set schedules on tasks, and create timelines and milestones.
- 8Workflow Automation(130) Ratings
Workflow automation is the ability to route work requests along an approval process automatically.
- 8.7Team Collaboration(200) Ratings
Team collaboration capabilities let team members work directly with each other and provide team updates.
- 8.2Support for Agile Methodology(138) Ratings
Agile is a time boxed, iterative approach to development that builds software incrementally instead of trying to deliver it all at once near the end.
- 8Support for Waterfall Methodology(109) Ratings
Waterfall methodology is a tradition development method that is linear and sequential.
- 7.1Document Management(147) Ratings
Document management provides for centralized management of all project documents.
- 7.2Email integration(135) Ratings
Email integration allows work requests to be made directly from email.
- 7.8Mobile Access(178) Ratings
Mobile access is the ability to access the software from a smartphone or tablet.
- 7.4Timesheet Tracking(82) Ratings
Timesheet tracking is the ability to track all billable and non-billable hours for each project.
- 7.8Change request and Case Management(95) Ratings
Change request and change management enables tracking of all customer requests including priority and timeframe.
- 6.7Budget and Expense Management(69) Ratings
Budget and expense management provides the capability to track all expenses by employee or department and link them back to department. It also enables hourly rates to be set.
Features that support professional services organizations
- 6.8Quotes/estimates(47) Ratings
Ability to create, manage and send project fee proposals to customers
- 7.3Invoicing(40) Ratings
Ability to create, manage and send invoices to clients during or after completion of a project
- 6.5Project & financial reporting(53) Ratings
Ability to analyze project and financial data based on custom criteria to gather insights and improve business performance
- 7.6Integration with accounting software(41) Ratings
Real-time, two-way sync with accounting or financial software to facilitate project and financial reporting
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Good workflow organisation
- Good integration with other apps and software
- good for long distance/remote collaboration
- Better alerts for when 'offline'
- more succinct email notifications
- Ai integration
- Easy to organize tiny tasks
- Easy to assign tasks
- Tasks are limited to one project
- Tags are not editable
Maybe more personalization could be a massive improvement to this good product.
- Easy to manage tasks.
- Drag-and-drop system is intuitive.
- Multi-board workspaces add flexibility.
- Facilitates project visualization, organization, and rationalization.
- Limited levels of task hierarchy.
- Limitations on reporting and privacy settings.
- Free version limits attachment size and integrations.
- Task management
- Project Management
- Easier way to add/find attachments
- Saving a card without having to click enter, once typed, it remains there
Perhaps it is not well suited for onboarding by itself. Teams would beed discussion which are easier in-person/online. Thereafter one can onboard and follow tasks on Trello quite easily.
- Keeping track of the to-do list and keeping the updates on each item organized
- Assigning certain tasks with due dates
- Organizing the questions for certain problems and feedback requests
- Notification feature can be more organized, we are sometimes missing the updates.
- Definitely add delete feature
- Organise priorities within a project
- Oversee capacity for a team or roadmap
- Foster collaboration within a project with tools such as voting
- Assign and total up associated costs for individual pieces of work
- Automatically determine when a swimlane is over capacity
- Create templates for different uses with pre-determined calculations such as team velocity, cost, timeframes
- Review whether some plug-ins should be automatically included, like the epic point calculator
- Integrate with Google Calendar
- Calendar view in mobile
- I like that I can keep track of a lot of tasks.
- One of the things that Trello knows best is to promote collaboration and assign access privileges to them
- The creation of boards is very easy to manage, and it is very good for following projects to daily tasks without complications.
- No global tags.
- Need to improve project timeline management.
- Task management
- Project Management
- User Interface
- login Issue
- Increase Number of Boards
- Ability to create different boards
- Ability to fully customize cards in each of the boards
- Ability to communicate in each of the task
- UI can be improved to make it less laggy
- Ability to change background without being a gold user
- Helps track employees "to do before hire", "to do after hired," and "to do when employee leaves"
- Provides important information on each employee like personal information along with data collected during the time of hire and during employment time
- Allows more than one person to be assigned to a task per employee and will remain open until everyone involved has completed their task
- Needs to be locked down a little tighter once a card is created instead of allowing just anyone to go in and make changes
- I have only worked with Trello this past year, but I feel its a great task writing tool for each person to do their part so no problems here
- More visibility with cards already done or completed on the main dashboard
- Keeping projects organized
- Sending notifications for updates on boards
- The ability to tag certain people in comments is great & helpful
- Login is confusing
- When creating new boards, sometimes information is posted twice within the board
- Organizing various tasks in one place.
- Track the task pipeline and execution.
- Overall it makes the operations very smooth and trackable.
- It helps make various workspaces. Each workspace can be used for a different set of task management and can be shared with the people involved.
- Creating task lists. We can create various task lists, the list title could be the status of the task, for example, In progress, approval, completed, etc. You can slide your task cards from one list title to another.
- Trello cards have a huge set of features like adding the heading and description of the task, you can also attach certain associated links and documents to the cards as well.
- Interface could be a bit more better.
- I find it very hard to integrate Trello workspace to Google Sheets and Excel. The process is complicated.
- When I slide cards from one list to another they do not sit at the end of the list automatically. I have to drag it all over to the bottom of the list, otherwise, it will stick anywhere in between the list.
If you are a manager and have a lot of operational work, Trello can come in handy. You can quickly record your operational tasks in your Trello workspace, and you can push them forward as you complete them. This will give you absolute clarity on how many tasks are done and how many are pending.
It is hard to use it as a work log because in the work log it requires to have a tabular format of the information, where you show the task names across the date when it was assigned and the date you completed it. That type of format is hard to create in Trello.
- User-friendliness - setting up boards is simple and you can have as many as you like. You can copy them, so you can use one as a template or use one of the public example boards as a starting point.
- Share - Boards can be shared among teams, allowing them to organize projects.
- Easy - easiest tools to use. It can be picked in minutes and there isn’t much of a learning curve.
- Doesn't allow you to manipulate relationships on the timeline and see how they fit together.
- Doesn't support tasks that are time-sensitive.
- Focused on teams and not companies.
- Integrate with Atlassian products
- Project sharing requires account set-up
- Limited free features
- Visual organization.
- Ease of setup for new cards.
- Accessible anywhere.
- More flexibility when creating columns.
- Different fonts for cards.
- I'd like to have a filter for all boards at once, to see all the tasks.
- Project management.
- Team communication.
- A brief tutorial for how to use the program would be great
- Information on mobile usage
- Tips for using the program
- It allows to organize almost anything, from projects to daily tasks, all in one place without complications and the best, it can be accessed from any device
- It is excellent to collaborate as a team, it allows to work in an environment in which each member of a team will know what is being done and is still to be done.
- It is specially designed to bring everything more organized, especially in those people who work on multiple projects at the same time and need to meet the deadlines.
- The free version lacks advanced features and you will need to pay for a license if you have a large company with many users.
- It lacks global labels, it is necessary to specify labels on each board.
- Everything is organized on boards, at the beginning it can be confusing, for example, to assign a task you have to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and just assign the task.
- Trello provides a realtime sharing project management experience. So, various members of a given project can edit its tasks at the same time.
- With Trello, it is easy to assign member to a given task
- It is really easy to move a task from one list to another with just a drag and drop
- Trello should improve the management of project timeline. For example, it might be suitable to have an integrated gant feature
- it shoud be interesting to have a direct integration with classical code versionnning tools like github
- Trello should improve the interfaces of mobile version. The current one is not suitable and should be lighter to comply with mobile UI standards
- It organizes the tasks very well, you can create lists, and with simple drag and drop, you can manage different states of tasks.
- Availability of Plugins makes it super feature-rich, you can achieve almost any feature with the help of plugins.
- Automation bots make it super powerful to do repeated/pre-defined tasks automatically.
- Understanding automation bots is very difficult, it even require doing some coding.
- Some third party plugins gives trouble while working with Trello
- Trello does not provide a method for tracking task dependencies.
- Simple dashboard to use
- Easy to maintain tasks, just a drag and drop will do.
- can be accessed on multiple platform
- No much visibility as Microsoft team, need better marketing.
- Source for learning Trello could be increased
- most features available only in premium versions , can give trial on all features.
- Tracking of projects
- Ability to use labels
- Ability to attach images and URL's
- Only thing is the price seems a little high[.]
- Task management.
- Ability to automate tile creation.
- Ability to include rich details in a tile.
- Ability to change the width of the tile columns.
- Have a separate 'done' folder instead of another column.
- Ease of use.
- Good visual overview of tasks.
- Many integrations with other platforms.
- Streamline the integration of different views.
- An easier way to view long lists.
- UI can definitely get clunky and messy.