Trello is a free collaboration / task management tool that allows users to organize things into cards and boards. It provides a flexible and visual way of organizing projects. The vendor also offers a paid version for businesses with extra features. Pricing is $3.75 per user per month, billed annually.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/mG/LY/3U4TA8KT099D.PNGExcellent platform for project and user progress managementTrello is used by us to manage personal details, leads and in-progress stories. The group liveS in many different countries across the world, and work with a number of various sources for stories related to mental health within academia. Trello allows us to establish a central online area where we can all contribute to, provide information about ourselves for stories to be assigned based on skills and background etc, and also to manage the workload and delegate tasks in real time.,Several distinct areas or sections can be implemented to segregate different zones or work areas. Real time updating of information and user-restricted access to each zone. Easy to collaborate on different stories and sections, and easy user management.,It isn't a particularly aesthetically pleasing design. It is boring but practical, but you can personalise more with a premium account. It can be difficult to manage several areas within Trello at any one time, and there is no possibility of hiding areas that you aren't working on at any one time, so everything is visible all of the time. It can be clumpy. Notifications of new additions to areas or new content would be useful rather than relying on people visiting to see changes.,8,Ease of user management. Ease of project management and content within areas of the projects. Being able to monitor progress for stories and projects without needing to disturb users. Excellent service and platform for our needs and within budget!,,9,2,User management Project management Real time tracking of content progress,8,Adding and editing of content Project management,The scale of the number of areas you can have in any one screen - no possibility of reducing visible areas to make it look sleeker,Yes, but I don't use it,7Easy and fun to use task managerWe use Trello within our design team through a shared account by our department manager. We have 2 primary uses for Trello: First is to share ideas across our design team in order to track conversation topics that we want to cover in weekly team meetings. Second is for a high-level task roadmap in the typical kanban style of "To Do", "In Progress", "Ready for Review", and "Complete".,Trello has an intuitive interface for organizing boards and tasks. The kanban-style layout of the boards is simple and logical - categories are arranged left to right, tasks are arranged from top to bottom. It only takes seconds to understand the goals of the interface with minimal experience needed. The interactions within Trello feel natural and are consistent with what you would expect - double clicking to edit, drag and drop to move, etc. The interactions aid, rather than inhibit, my usage of Trello. Theming - Trello allows users to theme their accounts/boards. When using multiple boards, it is awesome to not only customize the board to look and feel they way you want it to, but it also allows me to know exactly which board I am viewing at a glance.,Some of the deeply nested actions are a little hard to get at, and not organized in the most logical way. A specific example of this is deleting a task - it is first set to "Archived", which forces the user to click again to "Delete". This process seems a bit verbose for such a simple task. Icons are a bit overused in the interface, making some of the actions they represent a little obscure. The most glaring example of this is the large "+" at the top right of the interface. What am I adding? a Board? a Card? a Task? I like interfaces that allow for discovery, but something as simple as 'adding' anything should be immediately clear. As well as Trello handles the kanban-view, I would love to see other styles of views for my cards and tasks. I am not exactly sure how other views would be accomplished, but I would love to see list views, calendar views, and even 'joined' views, where cards can have linked dependencies.,10,More streamlined team communication. Rather than spending time and effort getting lost in emails or instant messages, we have a shared knowledge bank of ideas and tasks within Trello that free us up to focus on other parts of our job. Better team collaboration. With the sharing structure of Trello, there is an easy pathway for the transmission of ideas without having to even think about it. A more open dialog between team members. Trello provides a forum where our team members can share ideas that they may not have felt comfortable doing otherwise.,JIRA Software, Evernote and Todoist,Slack, Adobe PhotoshopTrello, your ally for teamworkWe used Trello for organizing small projects of some departments, like the communication one. With this tool, the team assigned and checked the jobs of the workers, like to events, program social media, investigations. It's very fast, friendly and the learning curve it's short. I can assign one job to many workers.,To organize an event. You can describe, step by step, all the work to have an event under control, with the responsibility of each worker. It shows the progress or stagnation of each person and can attend any difficulty in time. To assign research guidelines to journalists. The subject is assigned, the readings that must be consulted, the interviews are planned and a deadline for delivery is given. With Trello, the journalist indicates the progress of each step. Organize the tasks of the audiovisual production team. Once the work topic is defined, the activities that must be fulfilled for each phase of the audiovisual production are described, with dates of deployment, production, and final delivery.,Trello works by boards, which sometimes makes it difficult to work when we needed, for example, global labels. On each board, you must define and/or repeat your labels specifically. We use it for small projects because its boards are limited when it comes to the management of many people or very large projects.,7,Trello has a positive impact on our work because help us to organize and check all the jobs of our team. All the workers learning to use fast, streamlining all processes We reduce a lot of time in our process, which we lost before trying to know where our efficiency problems are,Asana,Google Drive, Hootsuite Free, WordPress, Salesforce App CloudTrello ReviewWe work in small teams and Trello is a convenient way to track and assign tasks to team members. The program allows you to perform tasks related to the creation of visual effects faster and more efficiently. It is used in all departments of our studio, from managers to artists.,The simplicity of the interface. Really simple and easy understanding. It is just a board with sticking cards and lists on a first look. Free usage. Small just opened companies could save money on managing and tracking stuff but with less functionality. It works on all common platforms. There are apps for iphone and android, web, even Slack. It is easy to choose on what basis to organize lists and cards on the boards. In fact, the program is universal and suitable for both personal purposes and for business.,On small screens Trello becomes not so convenient. It is a bit difficult to add automation, repetition and rapid tasks to implement. I suppose Trello could be not enough for really large companies.,10,Trello is really good, so it's an opportunity to quickly assess progress on all major processes at once, in real time and on one screen. Helps our team to carry out the assigned tasks on time, even in time to find work problems. The level of communication in the team has improved. It became easier and more clear to describe the work process. Less reporting to the supervisor, since all work is visible in real time.,Asana,Asana, Slack, OrangescrumThe best tool to organize teamwork tasksIt is used throughout the company, helps to solve and improves the order of tasks decreases working time because it organizes everything correctly and quickly is also very economical for its useful characteristics, allows us to design different boards and apart from the professional. It can also be used for personal activities.,It allows you to determine how to make many reports about your projects. It also makes a quick and easy and visual configuration, easy to share, shows a specific project or process, project management, team collaboration, to-do list. It's a great way for a team to collaborate. I love being able to manage my own tasks in the same place that I manage team's simply by creating another board.,I wish I had some subcategories through which I could filter. I also want a spreadsheet-type view without exporting. There's not much I do not like, probably just that the user interface is too simple. Hopefully add a part where we can add documents and files for clients or for a specific project.,10,Help to assign tasks to my team. Set time goals and with the control I can motivate them to finish the task quickly and reward them with nice labels. It has references - with that I can unlock many more customizable options that make the experience much more fun.,Asana,Eclipse, Asana, NetBeans,56,20
Trello

Trello Reviews

Trello
Top Rated Award
Filter 866 vetted Trello reviews and ratings
September 17, 2018

Trello Review: "Excellent platform for project and user progress management"

• Several distinct areas or sections can be implemented to segregate different zones or work areas.
  • Real time updating of information and user-restricted access to each zone.
  • Easy to collaborate on different stories and sections, and easy user management.
  • It isn't a particularly aesthetically pleasing design. It is boring but practical, but you can personalise more with a premium account.
  • It can be difficult to manage several areas within Trello at any one time, and there is no possibility of hiding areas that you aren't working on at any one time, so everything is visible all of the time. It can be clumpy.
  • Notifications of new additions to areas or new content would be useful rather than relying on people visiting to see changes.
It is excellent for multiple groups or users with multiple activities at any one time, or for a single user wanting to have several project sections going on at any one time. It enables the user to keep things separate but all contained within a single portal, but it can become quite cumbersome relatively quickly.
The bigger the organisation, the more consideration needs to be given to how exactly Trello is used to give the users the best experience, or even if multiple instances of the platform is necessary.
Read Daniel Morse's full review
July 13, 2018

Trello Review: "Easy and fun to use task manager"

• Trello has an intuitive interface for organizing boards and tasks. The kanban-style layout of the boards is simple and logical - categories are arranged left to right, tasks are arranged from top to bottom. It only takes seconds to understand the goals of the interface with minimal experience needed.
  • The interactions within Trello feel natural and are consistent with what you would expect - double clicking to edit, drag and drop to move, etc. The interactions aid, rather than inhibit, my usage of Trello.
  • Theming - Trello allows users to theme their accounts/boards. When using multiple boards, it is awesome to not only customize the board to look and feel they way you want it to, but it also allows me to know exactly which board I am viewing at a glance.
  • Some of the deeply nested actions are a little hard to get at, and not organized in the most logical way. A specific example of this is deleting a task - it is first set to "Archived", which forces the user to click again to "Delete". This process seems a bit verbose for such a simple task.
  • Icons are a bit overused in the interface, making some of the actions they represent a little obscure. The most glaring example of this is the large "+" at the top right of the interface. What am I adding? a Board? a Card? a Task? I like interfaces that allow for discovery, but something as simple as 'adding' anything should be immediately clear.
  • As well as Trello handles the kanban-view, I would love to see other styles of views for my cards and tasks. I am not exactly sure how other views would be accomplished, but I would love to see list views, calendar views, and even 'joined' views, where cards can have linked dependencies.
Trello is well suited for quickly keeping track of and organizing ideas. Due to the functionality that is more robust than a simple note-taking application, I find myself gravitating towards Trello rather than an alternative for a quick note and task tracking. Trello is NOT well suited as a note-taking application. Where it is great for capturing ideas and tasks, it is not meant for writing paragraphs of text.
Read Evan Jaffe's full review
July 10, 2018

User Review: "Trello, your ally for teamwork"

• To organize an event. You can describe, step by step, all the work to have an event under control, with the responsibility of each worker. It shows the progress or stagnation of each person and can attend any difficulty in time.
  • To assign research guidelines to journalists. The subject is assigned, the readings that must be consulted, the interviews are planned and a deadline for delivery is given. With Trello, the journalist indicates the progress of each step.
  • Organize the tasks of the audiovisual production team. Once the work topic is defined, the activities that must be fulfilled for each phase of the audiovisual production are described, with dates of deployment, production, and final delivery.
  • Trello works by boards, which sometimes makes it difficult to work when we needed, for example, global labels. On each board, you must define and/or repeat your labels specifically.
  • We use it for small projects because its boards are limited when it comes to the management of many people or very large projects.
Trello is ideal for small projects, with few people and as an internal tool of some departments of your company. It is less appropriate for bigger jobs, since it organizes them by independent boards, disconnected from each other. While you can assign a task to several people, when the team and projects grow, the boards play against us. For example, to assign a task it is necessary to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and reassign the task.
Read Osly Hernandez's full review
September 07, 2018

"Trello Review"

• The simplicity of the interface. Really simple and easy understanding. It is just a board with sticking cards and lists on a first look.
  • Free usage. Small just opened companies could save money on managing and tracking stuff but with less functionality.
  • It works on all common platforms. There are apps for iphone and android, web, even Slack.
  • It is easy to choose on what basis to organize lists and cards on the boards. In fact, the program is universal and suitable for both personal purposes and for business.
  • On small screens Trello becomes not so convenient.
  • It is a bit difficult to add automation, repetition and rapid tasks to implement.
  • I suppose Trello could be not enough for really large companies.
The Trello usage scenario can be as follows: Two boards are created in Trello. The team has first one with tasks assigned to the them for a week. There they carry out the cards with the tasks to be performed from the column on the left (Pending) in the column (In work), and after completion of the task transfer the card to the rightmost column (Done). During the work, progress and stages of the task are marked in the the card. The second board is for the supervisor, who creates cards with tasks. All working tasks are formed in this board. The supervisor can also create necessary columns, distributing the cards according to the priority of execution.
Read Miroslav Bobryshev's full review
August 03, 2018

Trello Review: "The best tool to organize teamwork tasks"

• It allows you to determine how to make many reports about your projects. It also makes a quick and easy and visual configuration, easy to share, shows a specific project or process, project management, team collaboration, to-do list. It's a great way for a team to collaborate. I love being able to manage my own tasks in the same place that I manage team's simply by creating another board.
  • I wish I had some subcategories through which I could filter.
  • I also want a spreadsheet-type view without exporting.
  • There's not much I do not like, probably just that the user interface is too simple. Hopefully add a part where we can add documents and files for clients or for a specific project.
Trello is amazing, it helps to plan and work on every task and activity that we assign. It is easy to use, very easy to use. In particular I use Trello to work and personal projects. Visual design is good to have a quick idea of ​​things. The mobile application is also good. The interface can become visibly overwhelming for uninitiated team members. So you have the ability to filter entire lists using add-ons, which helps a lot. Triggering the following actions once before it is completed can not be done at this time.
Read Carla Borges's full review
July 06, 2018

Review: "Trello! This is the best thing you can get to keep everything on track."

From the time we started using Trello, it has been a great experience. We generally use Trello for works which have multi-team dependencies, Trello helps us keep all the work on track and it creates a kind of accountability for all the team members involved. It also helps administrators to get a sense of how the team is doing and set priorities.
  • UI & UX are great in Trello, it is easily readable and you get a sense of everything by spending very little time on Trello dashboard.
  • Email integration is great with Trello, you don't have to go back and forth to fill things.
  • Creating checklists within tasks is a great feature which helps in creating shorter checkpoints.
  • I don't find many problems with Trello because it does the work well for its scope and I would not complain about the product because it is free.
Trello is great for organizations which have multiple team dependencies, it is a great tool for marketing teams to get work done faster and to create accountability in everyone.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
July 05, 2018

Trello Review: "Excellent Collaborative Tool, Great for Content Writers"

We used Trello to revamp a formal editorial process for all content assets produced by our content team. We use the program to coordinate projects across PR account teams, design teams and corporate employees.
  • Very little learning curve. We had a brief tutorial, but I learned how to use it pretty quickly by playing around on my own. It's very straightforward and user-friendly.
  • The software makes it very easy to stay organized across multiple teams. Previously we had a much more scattered process and Trello allows us to manage projects more easily.
  • The integration with Google Docs is very helpful.
  • Occasionally, it's a bit sluggish to load.
  • Creating new cards in Trello can sometimes be a pain, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
  • It's a free software, but there are "powerups" you have to pay for that I haven't tried out.
Trello is great in an agency setting, where you're typically juggling multiple projects across several teams. As a content writing team, it's been a dream using Trello. It would also be good as a personal planner/to-do list because it's simple enough to use to keep yourself organized.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
June 05, 2018

Review: "Trello should be best for graphics and design related projects."

I use Trello in organizing my tasks and others tasks for three of my clients. I used it when I was still working for the consultancy marketplace Expert360 and I used it to manage my tasks as marketing and accounts assistant. I also used it with my Slovenia client who has a Kindle publishing business. I primarily used to project manage the Kindle VA, ghost writers, book cover designer and proofreaders. My third client is into book marketing and I used Trello to project manage the book marketing projects that we have. Trello's card feature is like sticky notes that can be transferred from one list to another. It's nice way to organize stuff, especially in a visual way. I love moving the cards to from one board to another. Trello helped us to be updated on what should be done and what have been done already.
  • Trello helps a user to visually see what's not yet done, what should be done, what's the level of priority of the tasks and what have been done already.
  • Trello makes you create a checklist under each card and you can copy the checklist in other cards.
  • Trello allows you to put labels on each card which tells to which certain the task is related to.
  • Trello should offer a list of way of doing things like Asana. List way means like just adding task as a line under a section in Asana.
  • Trello should have more app integrations too. It would be helpful if Harvest Time tracker, Toggl or Hubstaff can be integrated to Trello.
  • Trello should have a sound notification option so people will easily know if some tasks needs their immediate attention.
Trello is great for visual people like graphic artist, web designers, video editors and photographer. Also, it's suitable for projects that doesn't have a long list of tasks to do because some cards could not be viewed easily on the default view if there are lots of cards since you have lots of tasks for that list.
Read Brent Lionel Mausisa's full review
May 21, 2018

"Trello Review"

We use Trello to engage with our customers. We use it to document our goals, open items, product enhancement requests, and what we have completed. We have a list for each of these and then cards for each specific item. We move the cards to indicate priority, and then move them to the Done list when complete.

We add other elements to indicate status and we use comments to provide detail on where we are for each item. The time stamp helps with this too.

In this way, we have a secure, easy way to communicate about our progress on key items that we need in order to make sure customers successful with our product and services.
  • I like how easily you can move cards up, down, and across lists. This makes it super easy to show the priority and progress of specific items.
  • I also like how easy it is to customize. Adding color coding and moving things around is very easy to do and it makes it easy for people to understand what's going on at a glance and to dig into it.
  • I like how easy it is to add users. We often start with a small team but have to add other stakeholders that are interested in it. This makes it easy to ensure EVERYONE is on the same page. This turns previous decisions into artifacts so no one has to ask where we are on something or what we decided.
  • I honestly don't have a lot of recommendations for making things better.
It's very well suited for collaboration for teams, across teams, and even across companies. I think it's also particularly well suited for teams who work in an agile methodology, which inherently improves flexibility and speed when it comes to delivery final products.

While most of what I use it for is for collaborating with others, I also use it for my personal to do list. Again, it's very easy to track and prioritize items.
Read Ryan Helft's full review
September 05, 2018

Review: "Trello has helped me to implement successful software projects with Agile focus !"

Trello has helped us to implement successful software projects with Agile focus. It has also worked perfect inside my organization even if employees work from different countries. This is a great advantage of web platforms like Trello. Our Research & Development department is the main user of this useful software.
  • Help to implement Agile projects, for example software projects.
  • Integrated with cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
  • High visibility for all members of a project. Team members uss an intuitive system of boards, lists and cards.
  • Can enable security access, using users' profiles.
  • Can be used for applying polls.
  • No visible numeric progress of activities.
  • Task status must be changed manually.
I consider Trello to be the best tool to implement successful software projects with Agile focus.
Read Richard Vizcaya's full review
May 09, 2018

Trello Review: "Manage your projects and work teams in the easiest and fastest way"

Trello is a fantastic project management tool, which allows us to organize the tasks within our projects and work teams in a very fast and comfortable way. With a very simple interface, it is able to give all the necessary tools for the administrative management of our tasks. Besides being used in projects and business structures, it also serves to organize your things in everyday life, with a system of Kanban methodology you can organize everything you want. This is the greatest versatility of these types of software in the market.
  • Very complete free version.
  • You can create an infinite number of boards and organize everything as you want because it is very flexible.
  • You can create delivery deadlines, finish a task or schedule alerts to be aware of your goals to achieve. You can do it very dynamically to get the most out of it.
  • You can invite anyone to join your work dashboards with just one email account. You do not have to register or go through a complicated process to start using Trello.
  • There is no bar graph that tells you the scope of the project or statistics that tell you how the team's work is going.
  • It does not have a properly established calendar, you can place dates but it's nothing special.
  • Difficult to work with multiple cards or tasks in the UI, like for moving, copy/paste and such.
Trello can always be used, be it managing a project or work team, to organize tasks of daily life with only the creativity you have to work with. For example, I have organized a week of daily activities at home as a personal use of Trello. I think business use is the most appropriate because it can be integrated with other technologies to make it a little more versatile. I have integrated it with Bitbucket and Git repositories and only noticed changes in the software code for the ID of the Trello task. I think that its use should not be limited. Trello simply fits what you want to do, everything depends on your creativity.

Read Ronald Melendez's full review
May 03, 2018

Review: "If you want to be efficient with the investment of your time, Trello is your best option."

I use Trello independently to organize the tasks and activities of my daily life. and in the company, we use Trello to assign the responsibilities of the tasks that each one must develop and maintain a better control over the responsibilities.
  • To organize the activities and responsibilities of my life
  • To manage my personal and entrepreneurial projects. (Blog, channel, Etc)
  • To assign tasks and responsibilities.
  • I find it a bit problematic to manage the work teams. I think they can improve this aspect more.
  • The storage on the boards is a bit limited ...
  • I would like a client to work without an internet connection. That would be great.
Each time I start a new project, I create a board in three to manage each of the aspects related to the project and the work team that will be developing in it. It allows me to have total control of the project remotely.
Read Richard Molina's full review
April 17, 2018

User Review: "Trello is free-forever. They mean it."

Trello is being used to manage the series of events we put on. We have boards that manage our marketing, operations, team culture, sponsors, and general business. The program is being used by our management team, but it's audited at the board level.

Slack helps us stay on track with our projects and make sure that things don't fall through the cracks. The problem that we used to have was it was very difficult to hold people accountable for tasks. Now, the boards are available to everyone and there's accountability for all to keep it up to date.
  • Organizes different departments of our business
  • It streamlines accountability for tasks that have to be completed
  • It makes it possible to see where different people in your organization may be stuck and allows you to communicate right on the boards
  • Trello can add a few more tools in its tool belt to make it more robust
  • If people don't take responsibility for managing the boards, they can become disorganized very quickly
Trello is useful for teams that have targets that they have to reach and can conceptualize those targets into smaller and actionable goals. It is also a great tool to bring into debrief meetings since the team can update the board together and address any areas why people are getting stuck.
Read Sahr Saffa's full review
July 16, 2018

Review: "Trello - A Great Software for Completely Free"

We are using Trello as our main project management tool for all departments.
The marketing department uses it to follow up on marketing projects and add comments and discussions internally.
The art team uses it as an art request tool, using it's deadlines and watch references that are uploaded to it. When the job is done, they tag the relevant requester and upload the final art to there.

It's very easy use, very easy to adjust to and worth the price for extra addons!
  • Easy to upload, control and adjust to each department project management tasks.
  • Great to upload art and tag for different purposes. Highly adjustable
  • Can be used for completely free! No actual work stoppers restrictions
  • Trello has a limited number of tag colors which can be a bit confusing if you have a lot of things to tag
  • Sometimes images are uploaded in lower quality for some reason, doesn't always happen
  • Have limited view options, could be great to have more view options
Trello is used amazingly for art requests which includes set time limit and reference images.
Artists love using it since it's very easy to learn and get into and very hard to stop working with.

Trello is less appropriate for economy followup and tasks, doen't sums up economic data and could cause an "easy to lose" situation with it.
Read Tsahi Tal's full review
April 15, 2018

Review: "Are you tired of taking your projects to old programs? Improve with Trello."

The security that Trello has given us for the department has been excellent, it has allowed us all to have access to the knowledge of the projects. Today we can move forward thanks to Trello, which in turn provides us with an interface where intuition is fully present. I like to use Trello; it has changed the perspective of things.
  • Guaranteed productivity
  • Cohesion of the work team.
  • Monitoring and control of activities.
  • Tool that drives success.
  • File upload a little slow.
  • Tailor-made innovation
  • Many available options confuse the activities that will be carried out
It adapts very well to project management and order in the field of activity management. In addition, Trello wants our team to be always aware of the latest changes. On the other hand, I think it's good that they improve the process of uploading files, since at this moment it is far from being a quality service.
Read Daniel Pacheco's full review
May 21, 2018

Trello Review: "Great Basic Task Management"

We use Trello for project management. It has helped us organize within departments and across departments on specific projects. With Trello, we can track roles and specific tracks to ensure they are done in a timely manner and we can let others know once those dependent tasks have been completed.
  • Task Management
  • Assigning Roles
  • Assigning Deadlines
  • Sub tasks can't have specific deadlines
  • Sub tasks can't have specific people assigned to them
  • Plug ins like gannt etc are paid
Trello is good for basic task management. With it you can assign specific tasks to specific people and set deadlines for those specific tasks. It is easy to get multiple team members on a project so you can all see the progress. It is not a more robust project management system.
May 25, 2018

Review: "Trello makes project management simple and easy"

We used Trello within our practice for project management purposes. Additionally, we also advise Fortune 500 clients on how to integrate tools like Trello. Trello helps keep teams on task, while also keeping the process fairly simple.
  • Easy-to-use interface
  • Simplifies project management
  • Mobile app makes it very easy to keep boards updated
  • May be too simple for some cases
For teams who are lean and agile, Trello will work great. All users must participate and keep boards up-to-date. Otherwise, the Trello system will not work to its fullest potential.
February 13, 2018

User Review: "Trello - Freeform Masterpiece"

We use Trello across our organization and with client- and supported-organizations. The ability to share Trello boards enables collaboration and management without the confines of more limited solutions, which in turn encourages more effective sharing of content and concepts. Trello enables us to collaborate on virtual boards that organize ideas, collect comments and store assets and links that are essential to website design, social media management, campaign planning and project tracking.
  • Trello is very effective at allowing a user to organize ideas in a personal fashion. Yes, the software has constraints in which you must work, but the card-based concept is easily accepted by an user who has every written ideas on scraps of paper.
  • Trello is available as a mobile app, a Mac app and as a website so the software adapts to and leverages the advantages of the platform on which you are currently work.
  • Trello also allows easy updates via email so ideas don't have to be filed for later action. Receive an emailed request and forward it directly to the appropriate Trello board.
  • Trello is very good when collaborating with users who are outside your organization, don't have a company email address or are on the other side of the world.
  • Trello is not as robust a product for the Windows environment, although the web interface is as functional as most users will need.
  • Trello does not make it easy to completely delete content. The archive function is useful but sometimes you just want to get rid of something completely.
  • Trello does note currently offer an offline editing function which would be very useful.
I recommend Trello to clients and collaborative organizations who need to manage any size project. For some, the freeform aspect can be intimidating at first but soon becomes an expectation of other software solutions. Trello is especially good for visual learns, visual-centric businesses and projects related to communications and social media. With the mobile app, Trello enables the nice interface features to work without the quirks of advanced web design on tablets and phones.
Read Martin Miller's full review
January 19, 2018

Review: "If you want to have a more organized team and task management system, try Trello!"

Trello is used by all our team members in our company. It's a great tool that helps us organize not just the tasks that need to be completed, but also product roadmap, ideas, and others. It's visual appearance and boards help us see the big picture and understand where we are in terms of product development, bug fixing, marketing, administrative tasks, etc.
  • Trello is great at visualizing the tasks that need to be completed. Their boards are a great way to do that.
  • It's great that you can add additional information to tasks, such as description, comments, links, screenshots, add members to it, set a due date, add labels and much more. It's really helpful.
  • Trello supports integrations with numerous platforms that we already use (e.g. Slack, Google Drive) and it's very convenient to use those integrations.
  • I also use Trello's mobile app on iPhone and it's great.
  • The early versions of their Mac app had several small bugs, but I guess it's already solved now.
  • Nothing else to mention. I like how Trello works and it's really helpful for our team.
It doesn't matter if you are a freelancer, a small agency, a startup or a big company, as Trello is useful for all above-mentioned types of businesses. It's great for tracking daily tasks, as well as using as a tool to write down ideas. For example, I know people using Trello for their grocery shopping list and also know freelancers who use it to organize their tasks.
Read Tigran Hakobyan's full review
March 09, 2018

User Review: "Trello: Simple and Useful"

Trello is currently used to track the tasks in a visual way that make obvious in which state they currently are.
  • Easy to use and understand, no training necessary at all
  • Mobile app to check the tasks from your mobile phone
  • Ability to add comments and attachments to the tasks
  • Subtasks per tasks
  • Probably a minimalistic approach would make Trello even better, I'd like to see some option to switch between minimalistic and complete view.
It can be used to track almost any kind of tasks within teams. I'd probably choose JIRA if I'm using the Attlasian suite though.
Read Rene Enriquez's full review
November 02, 2017

Review: "Trello - Sales Pipeline and CRM - A Hidden Gem"

It is being used across the whole organization. We use it for everything from product management, focus groups, content marketing, onboarding and sales pipelines.

The best part about Trello is that it allows you to grow into their paid version. Their freemium is so powerful yet as the organization grows there are things you need to upgrade to but it's not until your organization is at that stage meaning its ROI is positive.
  • Project management across any size team
  • Sales CRM's can be built for free. Using power add-ons such as custom fields and integrations with gmail it is the best kept Sales CRM secret.
  • Collaboration for content management, content marketing and client on-boarding processes.
  • The ability to add playable videos right in the comments section
  • Dynamic links - once you set a link it uploads meta data as well (like putting a link on Facebook)
  • Better referral system - I refer hundreds of people but no longer get rewarded.
Perfect for teams wanting a low cost systems to collaborate. Perfect for project management, sales, and marketing. With add-ons it becomes even more powerful. Integrations allow it to become a scrum collaboration tool and more. I can't personally think of much I wouldn't use Trello for. I use it not only for SME's and Fortune 500's but for home management as well.
Read Anthony C's full review
January 22, 2018

User Review: "Trello To-Dos"

Trello is being used across a number of departments in our organization to keep track of deadlines and to-do lists for project work. It is also a means of requesting new features in our database with our tech guy. It allows us the fluidity of project management needed in a start up while also allowing others to see which projects we are up to for our project management.
  • To-Do List features make organizing tasks very easy.
  • The ability to add tags to cards when using boards across multiple departments is key functionality.
  • The filter feature works extremely well. It is easy to manage cards.
  • Trello could use a great intro that shows you all of the great functionality available. It is an easy system but some of the functions are not obvious and members could benefit from a comprehensive tutorial.
Trello is key for any employee who has project management work. If you need to keep track of projects and due dates or to-do lists it can function much like a calendar. It is a great way to see what is on your plate to manage expectations at both the management level and associate level so one does not take on too much work.
Read Whitney Kelley's full review
January 18, 2018

Review: "Trello - The Top Dog in Productivity Apps"

I use Trello in a number of ways in the business. From helping manage my personal tasks to managing the sales pipeline and project management. I use it via the app as a brain dump to get ideas out of my head into a list which I then organise via the cards into their priorities. Saves me having to juggle stuff in my head knowing its in there.

I use it to manage my sales pipeline so see visually the stages. Likewise for when I manage different types of projects. The visual card system helps me keep on track.
  • App is really handy
  • I like the card-based visuals and the simple navigation
  • I use the Zapier link to maximise the effectiveness
  • Could have different types of view like lists/Gantt
  • Addition of more custom fields would be handy
  • Struggle to find more cons as its pretty good
Well suited to manage personal tasks and actions. Especially if you use a GTD (Getting Things Done) based productivity regimen. Great for small teams collaborating and managing projects.
It's not a fully fledged CRM or project management system but it can help businesses make their first steps into using collaborative working systems.
Read Vince McConville's full review
January 17, 2018

Trello Review: ""You can't beat simplicity and reliability.""

In our company, we primarily used Trello for two different departments: our Brand Development/PR department and our technology department. For Brand Development, we were able to set up boards to help track metrics that essentially our project management tools weren't quite correctly equipped for. Certain opportunities would arise from several different ongoing activities, and it was a seamless visual way to our team to keep track. They were able to, at a glance, instantly see which are the more fruitful activities and allowed them to shift focus to that area.

For our tech department, we used it to collaborate with several different members of our team both in and out of house. The collective feature of the board allowed us to work on projects in sprints. Individuals were able to easily drag and drop items that did not get completed into the next list.

Overall, for a company of creatives this is an amazing visual tool.
  • Visuals
  • Accessibility
  • Collaboration
  • Simplicity
  • Free option very robust
  • Learning curve for less straightforward functions
  • No Delete Option for Cards
  • Formatting Descriptions is difficult
Trello at face value is simplicity. You can create an account, get up and running, and have your board populated with cards and lists in under 5 minutes. I use it as a virtual checklist, with the added features of being able to label, set due dates, collaborate, and comment.
Read Michael Burke's full review
December 22, 2017

Trello: "Great way to stay organized and collaborate"

A more organized process for projects I already manage, and a place to capture tasks as they happen on new projects I'm working on. The biggest benefit is because it is so fluid I can use it to track anything I need to track.I love Trello. I use it every day for managing big projects that last over several months, to team efforts supporting conferences, to my everyday tasks.
  • I use it every day for managing big projects that last over several months, to team efforts supporting conferences, to my everyday tasks
  • I've used it for tracking workouts, vacations, presentations, all sorts of things.
  • I like the free-form of the tool. The ability to move cards and lists around with a click-and-drag of the mouse is fantastic. I like that I can schedule tasks to other members of my team and them to me.
  • I love it, but I think that because it is so free-flowing, meaning you can arrange boards and cards in as many ways as you can imagine, that some users find this "lack of structure" more complicated.
I like that I can schedule tasks to other members of my team and them to me.
Read Girish Nair's full review

Task Management (69)
Resource Management (53)
Gantt Charts (14)
Scheduling (55)
Workflow Automation (40)
Team Collaboration (68)
Support for Agile Methodology (51)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (36)
Document Management (49)
Email integration (43)
Mobile Access (62)
Timesheet Tracking (22)
Change request and Case Management (35)
Budget and Expense Management (20)
Quotes/estimates (7)
6.7
Invoicing (8)
Project & financial reporting (12)
Integration with accounting software (9)

About Trello