Trello is so easy!!!

November 25, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Task Management (192)

Team Collaboration (188)

Mobile Access (170)

Resource Management (158)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Trello, and make your voice heard!

Business Class

Forever Free

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

What is Trello?

Trello from Atlassian is a project management tool based on a Kanban framework. Trello is ideal for task-management in a to-do list format. It supports sharing boards and cards across users or teams. The product offers a free version, and paid versions add greater automation, collaboration, and administrative control.

Trello Video

Trello - A Quick Overview

Trello Competitors

Trello Technical Details

What is Trello's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Trello?

The most common users of Trello are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

I utilize Trello daily in my professional and personal life to organize everything in a Kanban fashion. I like to be able to host a large project and break it into small, digestible pieces for clients, adding resources and tasks I can assign to members of the project board, along with checklists with due dates and reminders is exceptionally helpful. This product facilitates transparency and communication in a concise, well-organized, and colorful way.
  • Collaboration
  • Communication
  • Organization
  • Integrate with Atlassian products
  • Project sharing requires account set-up
  • Limited free features
Trello is well suited for tracking both large and small scale projects, the user interface is friendly and intuitive. The functionality is robust and it can integrate well with other Atlassian products.
Andrew Ayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Trello for a variety of different things in my office. I manage various marketing projects and mediums, keep tabs on client files and use them to mind-map future projects for my law firm as well. It's a great way to supplement my kanban board with an online repository for ideas.
  • Visual organization.
  • Ease of setup for new cards.
  • Accessible anywhere.
  • More flexibility when creating columns.
  • Different fonts for cards.
Trello is well suited for helping you visually organize your tasks and projects and to easily assign projects to others in your organization. It really excels in being able to track things on each card and see where you are in the progress and where others are on their project. It may not be appropriate for roles where there is no creativity involved.
April 05, 2022

Love Trello!

I like Trello! It's quite convenient, nice that I can choose the design. I understand how to use boards, and it's easy to manage and filter tasks. I can see what my team is doing. I also like that there are a lot of integrations that make work easier.
  • Design
  • Integrations
  • Filters
  • I'd like to have a filter for all boards at once, to see all the tasks.
I believe that if you need to follow team tasks, Trello will be great, I use to-do lists for routine tasks as it's not convenient to add everything to Trello.
Trello is currently being used by all departments within our company to keep track of projects as well as project status (initial drafting, revisions, final draft, etc.). It really helps us keep everything in line and organized, ensuring that we know when each project is ready for review or ready to be sent to the client.
  • Project management.
  • Team communication.
  • Organization.
  • A brief tutorial for how to use the program would be great
  • Information on mobile usage
  • Tips for using the program
Trello is great for project management, as well as communicating with team members regarding specific projects. It allows for comments and tagging on each project post, which greatly helps our company to keep track of who's doing what on which project and where it needs to go next. It's proved to be a very useful tool for our team.
Support is fine. We've had no problems thus far.
Abraham García | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work in a web-based information systems development department, and for us Trello is a very important tool that allows us to track the progress of each of our projects. It is very simple to use and does not need to do any additional training to form new users. Each of our projects is added to a board and according to the type of task assigned to certain users. It's a wonder because in that way we have a very organized work.

• It allows to organize almost anything, from projects to daily tasks, all in one place without complications and the best, it can be accessed from any device
  • It is excellent to collaborate as a team, it allows to work in an environment in which each member of a team will know what is being done and is still to be done.
  • It is specially designed to bring everything more organized, especially in those people who work on multiple projects at the same time and need to meet the deadlines.
  • The free version lacks advanced features and you will need to pay for a license if you have a large company with many users.
  • It lacks global labels, it is necessary to specify labels on each board.
  • Everything is organized on boards, at the beginning it can be confusing, for example, to assign a task you have to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and just assign the task.
Trello is highly recommended for professionals who perform many tasks and have deadlines to meet. For a freelance programmer or designer it could be a very useful, simple and powerful tool to keep track of projects. I would not recommend it for those people who simply use it as a notebook.
December 31, 2021

My experience with Trello

Guy Stephane Waffo | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a a software developer, I use Trello my main Task management tool. I am very familiar with agile approaches and I found in Trello the perfect tool to organize tasks of my development projects. The system of list embedded in this tool provides a suitable view of the the main parts or step of a project
  • Trello provides a realtime sharing project management experience. So, various members of a given project can edit its tasks at the same time.
  • With Trello, it is easy to assign member to a given task
  • It is really easy to move a task from one list to another with just a drag and drop
  • Trello should improve the management of project timeline. For example, it might be suitable to have an integrated gant feature
  • it shoud be interesting to have a direct integration with classical code versionnning tools like github
  • Trello should improve the interfaces of mobile version. The current one is not suitable and should be lighter to comply with mobile UI standards
As a team leader in a project of development of a mobile app, I used trello to organize the project task among the 3 developers of my team. I worked with 3 list( TODO, CURRENT, DONE). In fact, with trello, It was really easy to assign each members to his tasks while having everytime a global view of the project. Nevertheless, as Trello doesn't provide a native github integration, I always had to manager the code progress separately
Namandeep Bhatia | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Trello mainly for managing my 3 teams: 1. Development Team: My whole Agile methodology is running on Trello including backlogging and weekly sprints. 2. Testing Team: Managing all test cases and versions on which test cases tested..everything on Trello Board. 3. Marketing: Managing daily tasks of marketing teams on Trello. Apart from this, using it as a common brainstorming idea board for all team members.
  • It organizes the tasks very well, you can create lists, and with simple drag and drop, you can manage different states of tasks.
  • Availability of Plugins makes it super feature-rich, you can achieve almost any feature with the help of plugins.
  • Automation bots make it super powerful to do repeated/pre-defined tasks automatically.
  • Understanding automation bots is very difficult, it even require doing some coding.
  • Some third party plugins gives trouble while working with Trello
  • Trello does not provide a method for tracking task dependencies.
It is very much suitable to manage any team size but requires someone specifically to manage boards and create rules. Trello may help any project by introducing a more methodical approach to project management and allowing the team to carry out process planning activities as needed Not suitable if you want to substitute Jira because not inefficient integration with Git repos.
From the Agile project team, We use Trello to plan and assign tasks to track them effectively
  • Simple dashboard to use
  • Easy to maintain tasks, just a drag and drop will do.
  • can be accessed on multiple platform
  • No much visibility as Microsoft team, need better marketing.
  • Source for learning Trello could be increased
  • most features available only in premium versions , can give trial on all features.
It helps to maintain even my daily pending items other than project user stories
Rebekah Longenecker | TrustRadius Reviewer
Great software for collaboration with teams. We use this for our entire team so we can all stay on top of projects at the same time. It updates in real-time and you can share cards and board with others as needed and allows our team to easily track and follow the process of tasks.
  • Tracking
  • Customizable
  • Tracking of projects
  • Ability to use labels
  • Ability to attach images and URL's
  • Only thing is the price seems a little high[.]
Easy to set up and use with no issues. Love using labels to differentiate between urgent matters. Finally able to get rid of all the sticky notes!
November 25, 2021

Excellent product!

Steve Bodger | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Trello every day in the last 3-4 jobs I've had. It helps me organize my list of tasks for the day as well as automate tile creation based on different tasks I don't perform as often. Excellent product all around!
  • Task management.
  • Ability to automate tile creation.
  • Ability to include rich details in a tile.
  • Ability to change the width of the tile columns.
  • Have a separate 'done' folder instead of another column.
Trello is well suited for anyone who wants to better organize their tasks and help themselves track progress, and not forget about items you're waiting on contributions from others on.
Dylan Schoenbaum | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Trello within our Video Production team and our Social Media team. The primary use of Trello is to keep track of dates, timelines, and updates with other team members. Our company is currently working on a Hybrid office model, so Trello has been able to remotely provide visual clarification of when tasks are due and who is in charge or who is currently working on the given task. For production, Trello is used for the status of scripts, shoots, and edits, and for social, we use Trello to keep track of dates. We ideally want Trello to bridge the gap of communication between the Production and Social teams.
  • Ease of use.
  • Good visual overview of tasks.
  • Many integrations with other platforms.
  • Streamline the integration of different views.
  • An easier way to view long lists.
  • UI can definitely get clunky and messy.
I would recommend Trello to people that are starting out using Kanban tools and other productivity tools. While it can be great for teams, I wouldn't suggest Trello be used for large teams, especially on the free plan. For small teams that require a quick overview or summary of the tasks at hand, Trello is perfect and has been in my eyes the Gold standard for productivity applications. I also really enjoy using Kanban for personalized use, but I find it difficult to utilize Trello within different departments of our company and streamline that communication.
Rachael Woolley - Mindset and Health Coach | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used to plan, organise, and improve productivity. Allows for content creation, workflows, and planning of course content. Also able to onboard clients and customers. This improves efficiency and time management. Organising daily, weekly, and monthly business tasks so you don't have to overthink what needs to be done.
  • Easy to navigate, use and understand the layout.
  • Order tasks and cards for priority.
  • Able to move cards from one board to another when completed.
  • Follow a workflow until completion.
  • Being able to change the privacy of the workspace and each board universally instead of individually, which is time-consuming.
  • Limiting of boards to workspaces dependent on plan.
  • The search feature is not always accurate in finding correct boards.
It helps with brain dumping ideas down. Then being able to organise these ideas into an easy-to-understand system. Create workflows based on ideas for content creation and follow the system until completed. Good for productivity and management of tasks. Less appropriate if have a large amount of information that needs to be stored as it is difficult to find from the search feature.
Trello is absolutely used across the board at Slickplan. We recently had a major update to the app and this was great for keeping the entire staff on track. It’s very easy to use, owned by Atlassian but easier to use than Jura, although it does have a Jura plugin.
  • Kanban
  • Managing tasks
  • Real time view of work
  • The iOS app is a bit confusing.
  • I wish there were a few other features Jura had built into Trello
  • Price?? I guess??
This app is suitable for ANYONE on a team of even by yourself. Honestly it’s so simple you could use it to plan a vacation. Anyone with a login can learn and you don’t have to hit the Help Desk for simple tasks. I recommend this to all levels of user.
September 13, 2021

Group Tasks made easy

Dzulani Ndou | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is used across the whole organization, used to manage the progress of work within the company, communicate between team members, and monitor day-to-day tasks. [It also] allows for managers to review work as soon as it's marked ready for review [and] we [are] able to send files to each other though Trello and all our projects are always on time.
  • Can be integrated with other software
  • Track progress using cards
  • Allow for attachments on cards
  • After due date on cards, prompt to archive
  • Allow for easy access on cards under one board, avoid pile up
  • Frequent notification on card progress
Trello is great for all business types, regardless of industry.
I use Trello to organize the business events, in my case project management trainings. The tool is very useful as you can share with other colleagues the boards and contribute all together. The kanban style cards are very easy to use, navigation across cards and boards is also excellent. Finally, the tool's design is very pleasant, which contributes to the user experience.
  • Task management via kanban style cards
  • Easy navigation
  • Easy to keep traction of the tasks, give updates, paste links, create polls, etc.
  • Gantt chart or project plan
Very useful for task management, creative processes, less structured work.
Not so useful for overall project management.
To execute projects through using agile Trello is used across organisation. It provides better collaboration among the team members and helps to understand visibility during standup
  • Setting up project is effortless
  • The UI is very intutive
  • Support from trello is quick for enterprise account
  • Could n't find a way to setup sprints
  • Integration with calendar and zoom could be something very helpful
  • Template for reporting overall status is missing
1) When you want set up a project quickly and start on tracking, Trello is boon
2) It's a great collaboration tool and access in many firms with minimal approval
3)The UI gives a feel and interest and fun in tracking project
It is used across the organization for managing our workflow pipeline, and staying on track with our projects, and allowing stakeholders TO see status updates of projects across the company. Apart from overall project-level management, Trello is used for each employee's to-do list and makes it easier to plan our day better.
  • The Kanban boards work like a charm.
  • The butler automation make it easier to save time.
  • The design is clean and the projects don't look messy.
  • A filter for each user on the cards that they've been tagged could've been helpful.
  • Customization of boards.
It is the best option for free users, solopreneurs, freelancers, digital creators, and small teams. Best suitable for anyone who has a tight budget for a project management app but wants to get things done—TRELLO is your go-to app.
The department I work for uses Trello. Specifically, we use it to track the work we do during our monthly maintenance windows where we follow a series of tasks that must be done in a specific order. We rely on it to track the changes we make as well as any issues or notes for future maintenance windows. It is a great way to have everything organized in one place and it's nice to be able to look back at previous boards to view any information that could help with any issues encountered in the current month.
  • Ability to add links, notes, and attachments to each card
  • Easy to use and get complicated tasks organized
  • Each task is easily separated into cards and each card can drill down into a checklist of subtasks to complete the main task.
  • No way to account for task dependencies
  • Some basic features are only available through power ups
  • Cannot be exported to other tools like MS Project
For small projects in a team setting, it is an excellent tool to use and I would highly recommend starting with the free version and testing it out. It is a great way to get tasks organized easily and view the full picture. In my team of five, we rely heavily on it when we have recurring projects because it is easy to grab a board and update it based on a previous one. It is also very convenient to go back to a previous board for additional information. For a larger project, it may get more complicated because you cannot see task dependencies or track times.
We use Trello within the team and I like it very much because of the options available and ease of use.
  • Ease of use
  • Searching option
  • Moving cards
  • Adding information at any point of time
  • Implementing integrations to other apps would be useful to the users.
I [have been] personally using this for [the] past 2 years for managing daily tasks. I like it very much [when compared to other] apps which are notes related available in the market. [The] cards moving option is awesome [because] we can move the cards to any of the categories which we created.
Trello is a project management tool that many of us use. Our organization has been using Trello for the past 2 years, and we find it to be a useful tool because it is flexible and easy to use, and allows us to collaborate, keep track of to-do lists, and track the status of projects.
  • Keep track of to-do lists.
  • Share files with your team members.
  • Ability to collaborate.
  • Flexible.
  • Simple UI.
  • Less complex pricing structure.
  • Understand instantly when a deadline nears.
  • Mobile friendly.
  • Trello follows the Kanban system.
  • Difficult to handle big projects.
  • Lower storage limit.
  • You cannot review iterations.
  • No Gantt.
  • Only simple description can be given.
Trello is best for:
  1. Simplicity in natural human UI for the team to instantly see the overall status with its Kanban list structure.
  2. Assigning multiple members on a story/task.
  3. Creating public boards that anyone can view.
  4. Inviting outside members to a board within the organization.
Trello is not that good because of limitations like:
  1. Limited email integration.
  2. No freeform tags.
  3. A limited number of labels.
Customer service of Trello is not that bad. I have not yet faced a critical issue with Trello because it's very user-friendly and I can manage almost all the issues that I'm facing. So far I am happy with what Trello support provides. Expecting more and more support from Trello.
Trello was established at our organization to maintain our new hire checklist and collaborate on projects within the hospital.
  • Trello was easily laid out in visual boards, similar to Pinterest.
  • It was easy to create checklist within a project.
  • It was easy to tag another team member to a project board.
  • Too many boards made it difficult to locate tasks quickly.
  • I found myself spending too much time looking for information when trying to reference something within a project.
  • The look and feel of the product appeared less professional than other project management software that I have used.
Trello was very easy to set up and train team members on how to use the product for collaborating on projects. It was easy to add tasks or items to reference later. For example, we would establish aboard for our onboarding of new hires. We duplicated the board and used it for each new hire to remember all of the steps necessary, which was great.
I use it in my sales operations role to help myself stay on top of projects, notes, meeting agendas, and reminders. I've provided access my personal Trello board to individuals with whom I collaborate with on projects so that they have insight into my day-to-day and can better understand where their project is in the pipeline.
  • Easy to use and navigate; drag and drop features are very helpful
  • Allows for easy collaboration
  • Makes keeping track of projects completed easy (very helpful for mid-year and year end reviews)
  • While it's easy to move things around, the general structure is rigid - projects are contained in columns which can make more complex projects more difficult to visualize
Trello is well suited for organizing tasks, reminders, simple projects, and meeting agendas. It can also be effectively used for project management depending on the type of visualization you need to get insight into the project's status. It does allow for checklists to be created, which makes simple projects easy to manage with Trello.
We use it primarily to manage our engineer to order design and customer approval workflow. It is used by people across the organization. It has helped to provide easy and quick visibility to the status of the workflow. Prior to Trello, we had several unsuccessful tools trying to perform this function.
  • Visually represent project workflow status.
  • Track tasks that need to be completed along with the people assigned to complete those tasks.
  • So easy to use and accessible that compliance is high.
  • Yet another cloud service with a subscription, and login to manage for users
  • Does provide easy executive reporting
Great for simple project collaboration tasks with somewhat tech savvy users. Really easy to set up and manage work flows and projects. Less useful where a structured project plan with regular reporting is required. Free version has tons of features so if you are less concerned with locking everything down, it is an easy and quick solution. Paid version adds many admin features, but comes with the overhead of maintaining it.
Never really needed support outside of their support website or google results. Overall it is very easy to use.
Using Trello, we have been able to reinvent our work methodology and move forward quickly and efficiently to fulfill our activities; I can keep my colleagues and superiors updated on the constant progress through the application and our clients through direct links to the project related to them. Organized work is the main benefit provided by Trello.
  • Trello was the best for that; it is easy to use, its user interface is attractive.
  • Simple to keep track of items in an organized way, and its customization becomes fast for everyone's taste, making everything practical.
  • We work in an orderly manner, we have been able to move forward both collectively and individually to meet the activities that our projects demand.
  • I can't think of anything I dislike about Trello. However, I would like it to be a little more flexible to design customizations.
I have always been looking for ways to improve and optimize my work routines and also to not forget the tasks we have pending to do.
Heather Physioc | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Trello to manage projects and initiatives across 40 experts in 3 disciplines in 7 offices across North America. As a shared services team, we work on more than 60 enterprise clients at a time and there are numerous, fast-moving projects in play. Trello is how we create transparency, accountability, and collaboration across our group for seamless execution at the highest caliber. Personally, I have used Trello for everything from managing my homeownership responsibilities to getting through grad school. Professionally, I use it to lead this epic group and serve our clients with excellence. Big fan!
  • Aggregating disparate pieces in one place for a central source of truth.
  • Making transparency and accountability effortless.
  • Encouraging collaboration by making it seamless.
  • More control over notifications and email digests for managers to customize reports and keep a pulse on large teams with lots of moving pieces. Constant notifications and the digest emails aren't great options so I turn them all off and have to look manually.
  • Would love more beneficial integrations to speed up getting things into Trello to begin with. The Outlook add-on is great but very glitchy, and requires a few extra steps to assign it to an individual so tickets sometimes get lost.
  • The recurring ticket features are kinda sucky. They just don't quite work as expected, they're hard to adjust the originals or cancel entirely and keep popping up so it has discouraged my team from wanting to use it.
Well-suited:
  • Collaborative projects with multiple people, pieces, and phases.
  • Transparency and accountability across a dispersed team with dozens of clients.
  • General infrastructure for a shared services team.
  • Simplifying complexity to increase productivity.
Not well-suited:
  • Long-term storage of information.
  • Syncing across boards/queues without a bunch of add-ons and extra expenses (like Unito).
  • Sadly, not well-suited to integrating seamlessly with Outlook, Confluence, and other related tools yet.