Trello Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Gabriel Krahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Trello mainly as a task list for things that we are not able (or not permitted) to open an tracker or incident on JIRA. Tasks like "Internal system xyz needs to be updated to the latest version of PHP". The fact that we can fully integrate it with JIRA SD and Confluence is one of the most wonderful things in Trello: you don't need to copy-paste everything. Place it in one platform and voila: you can simply import/export it to/from Trello.
  • Task management: you can assign tasks to teams or to someone in particular
  • You can, with some workaround, create a full Kanban system
  • It is a bit difficult to use in the first tries. A lot of colors, a lot of boards, a lot of projects... But you can and will get used to it easily.
In my experience, Trello is awesome if you are part of a team with more than one customer or project and you also develop internal tools (like shift schedulers, vacation control, etc) where you can't use the customer's ticket tool to document your internal progress. You simply create a board/project with your internal product and manage it from there. Let's use the first example: a shift scheduler. With Trello you can create a board/project with this name and create all internal tasks, like "Application needs to be updated to the last version of nodes", "Resolve bug xyz reported by coworker", "Implement feature abc suggested by our manager" and work from there with subtasks and to-do lists.
Read Gabriel Krahn's full review
Jill Nimmer-Beres | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Trello to manage ongoing projects--specifically those that have many balls in the air at the same time and set time schedules that occur throughout the year. Using Trello has allowed us to 'let go' of the worry of missing a key part of the project or a key completion date. These projects have the high likelihood of being handed off for management by others, so it is key to have everything down in black and white to be sure everything continues to run smoothly, even with a change in the staff/management of the project.
  • Keeps our To-Do list organized and visible
  • Shares project status with all interested parties
  • Allows others to contribute to the tracking of the project
  • Some features are only available in the subscription version. Trello is great enough to use at home/with family projects, as well, but paying for some of the fun stuff is a hard sell.
Trello is great for tracking the progress of projects that have specific completion dates or tasks that must be finished in specific orders. We've used it for fundraising projects and event planning, not to mention planning of specific work projects. Trello's flexibility makes it so easy to set up and share new boards with interested parties.
Read Jill Nimmer-Beres's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Nothing is Forgotten!

Trello is used heavy in our business for multiple departments. It is used in our development, finance, and graphic design departments. Trello is a amazing tool to keep all of the many things that need to be done in an organized way. You are able to list your tasks into multiple columns and you can even assigned the the tasks to specific individuals to work on that task. Our company is much more successful because things are getting done when they need to get done.
  • Collaboration with team members
  • Organization
  • Get Projects done faster
  • Success with Accomplishing Goals
  • Unable to Connect with other software to communicate everything.
  • Learning Curve to Use the Tool
Trello is perfect for those that have a huge project that has a ton of steps and want to make sure that everything stays organized and that no steps are forgotten. Trello has saved my developing department a ton of time because on Trello you are able to add all of the tasks that are needed to be completed to get the project done, then you can assign or organized them to the specific team members who are going to take responsibility for that task. The team mates are then able to move the task to the completed column once they are done with it. Personally, Trello is a well worth investment for almost anyone that wants to improve their organization and get projects done on time or ahead of schedule.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Wilbert Kramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Some people in our organization use Trello, and most users are happy to use it as their primary method to plan projects and smaller tasks. For my small Digital Media department (2 persons) we use it to store all tasks and ongoing projects. This way we keep track of anything, and can let our manager know what's ongoing.
  • Easy color categorization of the "Cards" (which can represent anything from projects to tasks)
  • Ease of use overall - you can divide work into columns and move it from column to column depending on status
  • You can create multiple boards, which are spaces to store tasks (for different work contexts, or even private boards)
  • You can easily share boards with another person
  • You can easily assign tasks (Cards) to persons
  • You can store information in cards, like files and short format text
  • Allow tables as content for comment or description in Cards
  • Assign priority to certain cards (easy for sorting)
  • Create an open invite link for others to join/view the Trello board, without edit rights (so people don't need to install/use Trello if they want a quick glance on what's going on)
It's great for easy collaboration between colleagues, but only for smaller teams. If we were to launch this in a bigger team, the board will be a mess as too many people will make edits and it's hard to keep track of everything. We use it during weekly standups and it's particularly useful for these instances, where some tasks that are not "on paper" yet can be written down in our weekly to do list.
Read Wilbert Kramer's full review
Jared DeLong | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is currently being used for project management for customers going through our onboarding and training process. We track details about each customers' background, our interactions with them throughout the process, and use Trello's different channels to move cards Kanban-style through our onboarding flow. It's also free for our team, which has been very helpful.
  • Powerful free version
  • Multiple users and can save lots of data (appears to be unlimited storage)
  • Very user-friendly UI
  • Reporting capabilities within Trello are lacking
  • Trello doesn't offer a ton of customization or have various widgets quite as intuitive as monday.com
  • There have been times where users have issues with Trello loading for them
If an organization needs something free for project management, then I always recommend Trello. If they're wanting a tool strictly used internally by their team that their customers will not have access to, then this is also a great fit for them. If they need something with more reporting or customization, then I would suggest Monday.com.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
My entire organization utilizes Trello at a number of levels. First, we use it to manage business development by creating a board with business leads, bid information, and proposals. Then, when a project goes into production we create a separate board or list with information about how the project will be managed through completion. Each employee also uses Trello to manage their individual day-by-day schedule by creating boards with Monday-Friday lists that help prioritize, schedule, and execute individual tasks.
  • Trello is a useful tool for breaking down project tasks in a user interface that is visually easy to understand and drag and drop friendly, while also allowing a level of detail within individual cards that allow you to keep up with specific tasks and notes based on how things are organized.
  • Checklists are one of my favorite features on Trello cards. They allow for you to add details and to-do lists for yourself or your team, and it's easy to divide and conquer or convert to cards if you need to expand.
  • I love how you can drag and drop a particular card to another list. If you need to move tasks, cards, notes, (or whatever you are using a card for) to another list, it's incredibly simple.
  • I love how open and editable Trello is. You can totally adapt it based on the project or task size - it's useful for small or large teams.
  • In some ways, the thing that is great about Trello is also what is so difficult - it's an open slate. Unless you have a clear path about how to systemize your processes, it can be a bit difficult to get started.
  • Communication - The commenting is a bit limited and on larger projects or boards, it's easy to lose track of conversations. It would be nice if there were a way to unify chatting into one place or better organize it.
  • Templates - There aren't enough useful templates. Part of this I imagine is because everyone uses Trello differently, but I haven't yet found one that fits my need perfectly. I'd like to create my own templates for my team to use - and there are some ways to do that, but I'd prefer to have more options than currently exist.
Trello is well suited for small teams working on small to medium-sized projects. For larger teams, it may be difficult to collaborate without muddying the water too much. Too many cards, boards, and lists make it hard to keep up with individual comments and details. You end up having to create multiple boards for a given project which divides the team and that is often more harmful than it is helpful, however, it can be done. Project management requires time, thought, and reevaluation in order to keep things working well in an ever-changing environment. Trello does work well in those environments if you have an open mind and willingness to experiment.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Trello to organize my tasks and set my day up. I have also been using Trello to organize our media content and content schedule. We don't currently use Trello on an organizational level, but I have presented the solution to the principal and will be getting everyone on board soon so we can manage multiple projects across the organization.
  • Incredible overview of tasks or projects.
  • Ability to sort projects with a label and subtasks.
  • I honestly don't have a negative that I can think of. If the software itself doesn't do something well, there is a power-up to add that removes the limited functionality.
  • The only drawback I can think of is the limited use of power-ups unless you pay for the enterprise level.
Anybody could use this tool. I have been using it to manage my work schedule of tasks and daily plan. I also use Trello to manage my yearly goals and track progress. I have a specific board set up for content management for blogs/social media ideas. The number of options of what can be done is just endless.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
Sarah Meerschaert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is used on a person by person bases at my organization. I use Trello as a bit of a to-do list/Kanban board. I know some teams use Trello across their group but it's more common for this to be used for personal organization at Billtrust. For group tasks, we are more likely to rely on JIRA or Clarizen.
  • UI - Trello is intuitive and easy to set up.
  • Customization - You can change your background color, create as many lists as you want, as many boards as you want, color code, add details, etc.
  • Collaboration - It is super easy to invite others to share a board or assign them tasks. In my volunteer work, we share a board and assign one another tasks. In my last company, I created a list per team member for them to move work into when they picked up the assignment.
  • Ease of Access - I prefer the web app but the phone is easy to use too
  • Swim Lanes - they are nonexistent. There is a third-party tool to add them but it's buggy as all get out
  • View - I am not sure how to do it but I really wish I didn't have to pick between viewing all cards with no detail or one with all detail. Maybe the ability to collapse and expand?
  • Integrations - It would be amazing if I could easily pop action items from Gmail over to Trello, but right now I can only copy text or upload screenshot attachments.
Trello is great for personal and professional Kanban boards. It's great for small to mid-sized projects. It's hard to use for large long term projects or large teams. It also doesn't feature reporting, so for projects tied to specific deliverables and metrics, it's better to use other tools. Overall it's a great idea when you have more data than works well for physical post-it based Kanban boards but a JIRA project or Clarizen project seems like overkill.
Read Sarah Meerschaert's full review
Elissa Bernstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Trello within specific teams, rather than across the entire organization. My team (product content strategy) used Trello for task management up until a few months ago, when we switched to JIRA Software along with the rest of the product, UX design, and development teams. There are still a few teams who use Trello (like the localization team), so I use their Trello board whenever I need to request translations for dashboard copy.
  • Trello is extremely easy to use. You can create a board and get up and running in minutes. It's very easy to add new users, share permissions, create and edit cards, etc.
  • Trello has a fun brand personality and UI. It sounds silly, but I loved being able to set different photographs as backgrounds -- always made me smile. Their documentation and emails are cute and easy to read.
  • Trello is a great value price-wise and offers a very good free membership.
  • Trello doesn't have all of the functionality of some other competitors. For example, you can't create "swim lanes" that highlight specific issues at the top of each column, or create multiple statuses within a single column.
  • Trello is fantastic for simple views but can appear overwhelming once you add many cards with many fields. I could get around this by filtering to only see cards assigned to myself, but it was hard to otherwise pick out my cards at a glance.
  • Trello only offers one kanban view. You can filter this view, but it would be great if there were multiple views that let you reorganize and view your cards in different ways.
Trello is fantastic and a wonderful solution for smaller teams. Ultimately, my team needed more nuanced capabilities, and we switched to JIRA so that the content strategy, product, UX design, and development projects were all located in one place. But I continue to use the Trello boards that belong to smaller teams, and I also use Trello personally.

Trello is great for individual projects, allowing you to compartmentalize all of your tasks and literally watch your cards cross the finish line into the last column. Issues only start to arise when you're using Trello along with multiple other teams as a collaboration tool.
Read Elissa Bernstein's full review
Adesope Kareem | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is being used basically by the project management team to organize tasks and schedule them for proper and effective execution. We have started using it for a while already whereby it has demonstrated a high level of competency and capability to handle our projects. No matter the kind of project it is, both small and large projects have been successfully managed with the use of Trello. As a project manager, I am included as a user of this software.
  • Trello's boards include a personal board, and also a team based board.
  • File attachment is possible with Trello.
  • With Trello, you can be able to collaborate better as a team when working on any project.
  • There is limit to the size of files that can be attached. This should be increased.
  • The capabilities of project it can handle is also limitted. Very large projects with multiple team may not be handled properly with Trello.
  • Offline access is still not available. Maybe they should do something about that too.
Trello is suitable for any kind of project, especially small and medium-sized projects involving a reasonable amount of team members. It is always very effective for projects like this and the collaborative experience team members will enjoy is really remarkable. Nevertheless, it may not be your best option when the project is exceedingly large and involves a range of multiple teams.
Read Adesope Kareem's full review
Karen Larocque | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Trello across the whole company to manage our social media marketing campaigns that we do for our clients. Trello is a user-friendly platform that allows our marketing team to work collaboratively. This tool works well for people who work remotely, as most of our work is outside the office, and therefore the process of tracking and checking the progress of our projects is now easier with Trello.
  • Easy project management.
  • Great boards feature that facilitates our tasks.
  • The ability to track progress and assign roles.
  • Generating and sharing reports.
  • Email integration issues.
  • It's not suitable for large teams.
Trello is well suited for managing any small project that requires attention and close monitoring while keeping track of each task. Also, Trello board is so flexible that it allows for creating cards for projects, and within each card we can create a reminder, to-do-list, or add notes with images that help to keep us focused and meeting our deadlines.
Read Karen Larocque's full review
Aracely Talbot | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like the boards (panels). 2. Easy to track, assign and manage tasks. 3. A free option available to test all the basic functions needed for small businesses and other business organizations. 4. The fast loading speed of the website page and all panels, its functions to publish and load things load faster than other tools I have used. I have no doubt of giving Trello 11/10 in page speed and page load time. Automation and notification options. Butler automatically recommends buttons for the actions you take most frequently. Perform automation to move cards up and down according to their priority or due dates. 6. Easy to integrate and connect with small to large teams. 7. Non-technical person and also administer it with ease.
  • It is a great budget tool.
  • Visibility and task management.
  • Create panels very easily.
  • Excellent boards.
  • It can manage your independent jobs.
  • Trello is good for small or medium projects.
  • It would be great if some premium features were available to all users.
I recommend using Trello to all those people or companies that need a good project organizer, this was a great decision to apply this tool to our entire management team. We tested Jira and other huge tools to manage our projects, but we decided to continue using Trello Due at its ease and use, it is a very reliable tool to communicate, which allows our team to work collaboratively supervising what each user does.
Read Aracely Talbot's full review
Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the organization we use Trello to manage the projects we have in process. It is excellent to know what each team member has to do, in the area of web development, graphic design and marketing. We are not confused about what each of us has to do, what he is doing and what he has already done. It is great even to clarify the doubts that arise during the development of the project. When I have a question about solving a problem in the code, I can post it on a Trello dashboard to discuss it with my colleagues. I like it very much so that we all discuss solutions.
  • Organize projects very well.
  • The tag system is great for prioritizing one task over another.
  • Notifications are perfect to be aware of what is happening during the work day.
  • Trello is a very secure application and keeps data confidential.
  • If a project becomes very large, the board system becomes very difficult to keep orderly.
  • Integration with other tools, such as GitHub is a bit complicated and I prefer not to use that.
  • Personalization I see a little limited.
For a digital work team, it is a magnificent tool. Any teamwork is made much easier with Trello. Managing is easy and even more knowing the indications that are on the dashboards. As many types of files can be uploaded, I think there is no digital work that does not take advantage of Trello's features. I tried to use Trello as a personal tool and it was very confusing. For a person who wants to have this application as a personal To-Do-List, I do not recommend it.
Read Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa's full review
Catherine Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Trello is TERRIFIC!

Trello is being used to make sure that tasks imperative to financial close are done on time. It also allows everyone with access to our shared Trello to see what has been done and what has yet to be done. A number of departments within Redwood use Trello for their own projects. Trello has allowed us to have visibility on the progress of financial close without constantly asking for updates and has helped us not forget any important tasks.
  • Check lists within a task so that if there are multiple parts to a task, you can confirm you've done every part.
  • Visibility so everyone on your team can see what has been done and what needs to get taken care of.
  • Labels so that we can organize by entity and importance of task clearly and color coded.
  • I feel like the organization of lists is a little clunky and could be a bit more visibly pleasing and easier to read.
  • I think when you start a new list, you should be able to uncheck all tasks with one button so it's not as tedious to do it one by one.
  • There was more room to give directions on tasks so that if someone takes it over, they can get an explanation easier.
Trello is very helpful for big tasks that teams tackle. It helps everyone make sure that everything is done in a timely manner and that all tasks are completed. It's mostly a visible tool so for someone like me who is a visible learner, it has become a huge part of my work day.
Read Catherine Miller's full review
Zandro Zulueta | TrustRadius Reviewer
My colleagues and I love Trello because it allows us to easier track project progress and updates. Each project is made into a board which is then split into post its or sticky notes. These sticky notes represent the stage of the project or categorizations. This visual design allows the project managers to see movements in the whole project and who is working on these areas.
  • Easy to use.
  • Affordable for startups.
  • Good user-interface.
  • The sticky notes on the Trello board display limited information. Things such as due dates, comments, project descriptions, and the like are shown after clicking the notes. This makes tracking progress over large scale projects complex.
  • No time-tracking feature - In a world of hard deadlines, lack of a time-stamp feature/deadline feature is a downside for a project management tool.
  • For the free version, the file attachment limit is too low
Trello has a freemium version which is a good starting point for many startups. Most of the functions of Trello can be performed with a freemium account. Of course, once the company grows, you will have to upgrade, but the pricing on a user level is still affordable and comes with expanded attachment capacity and customer support.
Read Zandro Zulueta's full review
Darren Megginson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is used internally in our IT department a quick and easy tool that manages our group projects. We usually depend on Trello for progress tracking and to meet our deadlines without any hassle. This platform saves us time and effort, it keeps us more focused on what we a retrying to finish and it makes our work progress easily shared with our supervisors.
  • Nice user-interface.
  • Great mobile app.
  • Nice reporting.
  • Progress tracking.
  • Easy to use for managing projects.
  • Mobile app is not very efficient.
Trello is well suited for small group projects so all the team members can track and see the progress of the project. It is a very reliable tool for communication as well since it allows team members to communicate and see each others work. I consider as a great tool that keeps me on track to monitor my projects' progress.
Read Darren Megginson's full review
Miguel Useche | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used among developers to handle the current status of projects. Through their different columns, each worker in a project knows the status of each task and who is working on it. Before that, we didn't have a quick way to see the scope of any project, to see if a task was planned, executed, finished, etc.
  • Quick view of any tasks, the status, and who is doing it.
  • It's very customizable. You can change colors, positions, background, add new columns, etc.
  • It's very lightweight and offers a good mobile version, so you can work from your phone.
  • New users might get lost or not know what to do with the application. It needs to have a quick guide to start working with it.
  • No integration to other tools. We would like to be integrated into some control version software and issue trackers to sync development tasks with organization tasks.
  • I haven't found a way to make reports to see how much it took a task to move to another status, see reports by user to know how they spend time on tasks and if they are using the application, etc.
It is well suited if you have many processes handled by one or many workers at the same time. These processes should pass through small steps/phases with single flows so they can be moved between columns. If you have complex flows avoid this software.

I used for my freelance work and in house stuff. The software lets you create different dashboards with different members so you don't have to mix them.

Read Miguel Useche's full review
Berlynn Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is used solely by our ESP, and so was used by our Email Marketing team as a means to track new projects and have a visual without needing a fully stacked project management tool.
  • It's easy to create a board (or multiple boards) with unique fields to be able to track where a request is at any given moment.
  • The initial set up of a task is very simple with a description, a list of to-dos, a due date, an attachment options.
  • It's visually appealing, with color coding and notifications when a task is due or past due.
  • We moved away from Trello because we couldn't create subtasks with due dates.
  • There is no way to create dependency.
  • There aren't many other views available, such as the Calendar, or by Member.
Trello is a simple tool that can be used for small teams, but is difficult when managing major projects. The changes that need to be made within a project are all manual and more time can be spent on moving details around than work of the actual tasks. Trello is great for communication across members on a board, and has a good visual representation of all tasks. Trello is not a good option to replace a JIRA or Asana as the capabilities are not nearly as robust. We moved to ClickUp as an in between option.
Read Berlynn Pierce's full review
João Almeida | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello is a very useful project management tool, which allows our team to organize the tasks within our projects and work teams in a very quick and seamless way. With a very simple interface, it is able to give all the necessary tools for the administrative management of our tasks. Besides being used in projects and business structures, it also serves to organize your things in everyday life, with a system of Kanban methodology you can organize everything you want.
  • One can easily assign tasks to team members.
  • Very complete free version of a project management tool.
  • You can store information in cards, like files and short format text.
  • Assign priority to certain cards (easy for sorting).
  • Difficult to work with multiple cards or tasks in the user interface, like for moving, copy/paste, etc.
  • Allow tables as content for comment or description in cards.
Trello can always be utilized, either personally or in a project or work team, to organize tasks of daily life with only the creativity you have to work with. I think business use is the most appropriate because it can be integrated with other technologies to make it a little more versatile. Trello simply fits what you want to do, everything depends on your creativity.
Read João Almeida's full review
Nicolas Costa Ossa | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using it in the Operations department to manage software development projects in a collaborative and agile manner. Soon after starting as a pilot, the whole Operations department was deeply involved with it, so we decided to formalize Trello as the project management tool. Processes were created around it and we started integrating it with other platforms we use as google docs, slack, and Github, among others.

A few months in and other departments of the company started using Trello as well. It proved to be a very useful tool for any type of workflow or task/project-based work style. Today it is used in pretty much all departments of the company and it is the standard of the company as well.
  • Project Management tool.
  • Collaborative work style. If there's a project with multiple people involved, this is the type of tool that will help you organize work for everyone.
  • Raise visibility among team members of where tasks are and what should be prioritized.
  • Super easy to use. No training needed.
  • For specialized software development process you won't be able to do things like "sprint points management".
  • Trello is perfect for team-based projects where multiple people need to work on different tasks and usually, people depend on others involvement to move forward or finalize their own tasks.
  • It works for both recurrent work or new one-off projects.
  • For projects where visibility is important, Trello performs really well because everyone can see what's going on with the different tasks.
  • Since Trello is really easy to set up, it can be used for project where you need to move quickly and don't have time to do elaborated planning.
  • Trello also works great for personal projects or house/family projects. You can keep everyone involved.
Read Nicolas Costa Ossa's full review
Matthew May | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Trello internally to plan and manage Product Development/Research and Development initiatives. We also use Trello to manage client engagements if the client company already has Trello in place. Teams, boards, and tasks are easy to create, and Trello makes project collaboration straightforward and relatively painless, particularly when compared to more traditional project management tools.
  • Team creation and management.
  • Day-to-day task management.
  • Collaboration.
  • Reporting is almost non-existent.
  • No dashboards unless you integrate with a third-party tool.
  • Confusing for some users familiar with traditional project management tools.
Trello is excellent for small to mid-size teams that need simple project collaboration and day-to-day task management. If you're looking for a robust project management platform with resource management, Gantt charts, and robust reporting/dashboards, you will, however, be disappointed.
Read Matthew May's full review
Katy Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
Trello was used to organize the projects on the basis of the deadline submission. Teams were coordinated accordingly so each teammate should be kept noted about the progress. The team works coordinated better than usual and it helped them in completing their tasks efficiently and early than expected which was incredible.
  • It is very flexible which does not burdens you at all.
  • Its sign up is free which allows you to have a free trial.
  • It keeps you aware of which tasks are done and which are under process.
  • Helps your team to develop and work in an organized pattern.
  • It should have more attractive features like time tracker.
  • It should have more trial free time for better usage.
  • It should work accurately for more gadgets.
It is excellent as it keeps your work in synchronization and best-organized pattern as well. It helps your team to achieve the best collaboration and communication with their teammates. Helps you in setting your tasks and projects according to priority wise so that focus and concentrate more. It should have a time tracker feature which is highly needed so that it keeps you updated that how much time is left in completion of a task.
Read Katy Beck's full review
Reges Mendes | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2019

What about Trello?

We're using Trello on a project of a new feature in one of our products. We have an overview of the tasks with its status and owners on a single board and many possible changes are at a drag-and-drop action. This makes things simpler and clear, meaning more team manageability and, of course, productivity.
  • Good board overview with plenty of options for customization.
  • Easy edit with context menus and drag-and-drop actions.
  • Don't know one yet. :)
Trello is a very good tool to manage small/mid teams and their tasks. Therefore, it can also be used for personal task management. Aligned with the agile concept, this tool is kanban-like with many options that include integration with third-party apps. I guess it could be a little confusing for bigger projects with many people and complex tasks.
Read Reges Mendes's full review
Dmitry Kornyukhov | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've been using Trello to manage pretty much all aspects of our organizations from project management to web-development and writing copy. Trello took a rather simple idea and managed to turn it into something trully beautiful. With Trello all our team members can be on the same page and keep track of their tasks and the progress of other team members. Visual boards make it extremely satisfying to mark tasks as done.
  • User interface is extremely intuitive and easy to use
  • Team collaboration and assigning of tasks is extremely easy and well done
  • It's fairly easy to use Trello to pretty much anything from developing apps and tracking bugs to keeping up with your marketing goals and leads
  • Keyboard shortcuts and keyboard productivity usage remains rather limited.
  • Last time we checked cards are tied to a single and can't be moved between boards.
  • Apart from that that's one of the best tools on the market that remains our favorite.
Like we already mentioned, Trello can be easily adapted to pretty much anything. Here a few quick examples what we've used Trello for:
- Keeping track of bugs and assigning them to respective team members;
- Working collaboratively on site's copy;
- Researching ideas for blog posts and articles;
- Collecting user feedback and using boards too shows upcoming and planned features;
Read Dmitry Kornyukhov's full review
Dale Bradford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Trello to organize our teams and to keep track of our open assessments and at the time we utilized it for issue resolution. It worked really well. The only reason we replaced it was due to company growth. It is a very good product and I really enjoyed the features.
  • Board Collaboration was amazing! The ability to quickly create a new board and invite co-workers/teammates too was so easy.
  • Integrations - Trello, maybe the ability to add information to boards.
  • Flow of the site was very easy to understand and grasp.
  • Had some limitation on what you can and cannot do with the boards, nothing we really ran into but a few times.
  • The Layout is nice, but they could add some more options on how to view your boards, instead of always scrolling left and right
Trello is great for a company or church looking to collaborate across areas of the company where an ongoing discussion needs to happen. I can see this working great in a company were design/marketing is a focus. This tool allows for uploading of art/pictures to the boards to help aid in the discussions.
Read Dale Bradford's full review

Task Management (167)
Resource Management (138)
Gantt Charts (51)
Scheduling (125)
Workflow Automation (100)
Team Collaboration (165)
Support for Agile Methodology (116)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (88)
Document Management (121)
Email integration (111)
Mobile Access (147)
Timesheet Tracking (64)
Change request and Case Management (81)
Budget and Expense Management (55)
Quotes/estimates (40)
Invoicing (33)
Project & financial reporting (44)
Integration with accounting software (34)

About Trello

Trello from Atlassian is a project management tool based on a Kanban framework. Trello is ideal for task-management in a to-do list format. It supports sharing boards and cards across users or teams. The product offers a free version, and paid versions add greater automation, collaboration, and administrative control.

Trello Competitors