Trello Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Michelle Baria | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

Would highly recommend this easy to use option

Trello is used company wide where I work. We have team boards and individual boards. We also have project boards. I find it very useful to organize all of the work within my division. It's easy to move cards around so you can keep up with all of the work and easily see and move everything in real time. We use the Scrum method and it fits in very seamlessly with this agile structure.
  • Easy to use and learn interface
  • A lot of capability to customize each card
  • Very easy to collaborate with a team, both internally and externally
  • Search feature
  • Notification system
It's well suited for agile project management systems. It's well suited for collaborative teams. If you subscribe to the whole Gantt chart method, Trello does offer that as an add-on to the cards, but I don't think it really lends itself to that style of project management. I think it's also great if you need to hit the ground running because the learning curve is basically non-existent.
Read Michelle Baria's full review
Mariela Duarte | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Manage your tasks and be more organized in your work

In my company, we use Trello to be able to develop our work in an organized way, it helps me distribute the activities more effectively, and I also keep all my work on the web.
  • Excellent activity management
  • Intuitive interface
  • Excellent activity search engine
  • Task and activity tracking
  • Superior process of monitoring tasks and activities
  • Costly third-party add-ons
  • Little customization of your interface
  • It doesn't offer many ways to organize my board
  • Does not allow to delete cards directly
  • Trello is a useful software for teamwork; you can take a large project development not so large.
  • For business projects, Trello is a bit short in terms of functionality.
Read Mariela Duarte's full review
Gabriel Krahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 08, 2019

Without a doubt the best to-do manager we have ever seen

We are using Trello mainly as a task list for things that we are not able (or not permitted) to open an tracker or incident on JIRA. Tasks like "Internal system xyz needs to be updated to the latest version of PHP". The fact that we can fully integrate it with JIRA SD and Confluence is one of the most wonderful things in Trello: you don't need to copy-paste everything. Place it in one platform and voila: you can simply import/export it to/from Trello.
  • Task management: you can assign tasks to teams or to someone in particular
  • You can, with some workaround, create a full Kanban system
  • It is a bit difficult to use in the first tries. A lot of colors, a lot of boards, a lot of projects... But you can and will get used to it easily.
In my experience, Trello is awesome if you are part of a team with more than one customer or project and you also develop internal tools (like shift schedulers, vacation control, etc) where you can't use the customer's ticket tool to document your internal progress. You simply create a board/project with your internal product and manage it from there. Let's use the first example: a shift scheduler. With Trello you can create a board/project with this name and create all internal tasks, like "Application needs to be updated to the last version of nodes", "Resolve bug xyz reported by coworker", "Implement feature abc suggested by our manager" and work from there with subtasks and to-do lists.
Read Gabriel Krahn's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2020

Nothing is Forgotten!

Trello is used heavy in our business for multiple departments. It is used in our development, finance, and graphic design departments. Trello is a amazing tool to keep all of the many things that need to be done in an organized way. You are able to list your tasks into multiple columns and you can even assigned the the tasks to specific individuals to work on that task. Our company is much more successful because things are getting done when they need to get done.
  • Collaboration with team members
  • Organization
  • Get Projects done faster
  • Success with Accomplishing Goals
  • Unable to Connect with other software to communicate everything.
  • Learning Curve to Use the Tool
Trello is perfect for those that have a huge project that has a ton of steps and want to make sure that everything stays organized and that no steps are forgotten. Trello has saved my developing department a ton of time because on Trello you are able to add all of the tasks that are needed to be completed to get the project done, then you can assign or organized them to the specific team members who are going to take responsibility for that task. The team mates are then able to move the task to the completed column once they are done with it. Personally, Trello is a well worth investment for almost anyone that wants to improve their organization and get projects done on time or ahead of schedule.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

I wish I knew about this 5 years ago!

I have been using Trello to organize my tasks and set my day up. I have also been using Trello to organize our media content and content schedule. We don't currently use Trello on an organizational level, but I have presented the solution to the principal and will be getting everyone on board soon so we can manage multiple projects across the organization.
  • Incredible overview of tasks or projects.
  • Ability to sort projects with a label and subtasks.
  • I honestly don't have a negative that I can think of. If the software itself doesn't do something well, there is a power-up to add that removes the limited functionality.
  • The only drawback I can think of is the limited use of power-ups unless you pay for the enterprise level.
Anybody could use this tool. I have been using it to manage my work schedule of tasks and daily plan. I also use Trello to manage my yearly goals and track progress. I have a specific board set up for content management for blogs/social media ideas. The number of options of what can be done is just endless.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
Angelica Narváez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 25, 2020

The best way to organize your work

Trello is online software that has facilitated teamwork. We use it in almost all the departments of our company so we can communicate and carry out projects in a more productive, faster way.
  • Excellent monitoring of activities. I can manage all my projects at the same time.
  • It has a very easy to use and fast loading interface.
  • Native applications for android and IOS.
  • It allows me to distribute tasks and activities quickly.
  • The cost of their power-ups is expensive.
  • By default, it does not have many statistical tools.
  • The free version is very limited and its interface cannot be customized as much as you would like.
  • It has very few wallpapers for the boards.
Trello is undoubtedly an ideal software to organize a work team. You can keep each team member updated, and you can also manage and distribute your tasks to complete the delivery of projects on time. However, Trello may not be suitable for large projects where they require very detailed statistical reports.
Read Angelica Narváez's full review
Karen Larocque | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2019

A very practical tool to manage and organize small projects

We use Trello across the whole company to manage our social media marketing campaigns that we do for our clients. Trello is a user-friendly platform that allows our marketing team to work collaboratively. This tool works well for people who work remotely, as most of our work is outside the office, and therefore the process of tracking and checking the progress of our projects is now easier with Trello.
  • Easy project management.
  • Great boards feature that facilitates our tasks.
  • The ability to track progress and assign roles.
  • Generating and sharing reports.
  • Email integration issues.
  • It's not suitable for large teams.
Trello is well suited for managing any small project that requires attention and close monitoring while keeping track of each task. Also, Trello board is so flexible that it allows for creating cards for projects, and within each card we can create a reminder, to-do-list, or add notes with images that help to keep us focused and meeting our deadlines.
Read Karen Larocque's full review
Aracely Talbot | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

An excellent tool, easy and without problems.

I like the boards (panels). 2. Easy to track, assign and manage tasks. 3. A free option available to test all the basic functions needed for small businesses and other business organizations. 4. The fast loading speed of the website page and all panels, its functions to publish and load things load faster than other tools I have used. I have no doubt of giving Trello 11/10 in page speed and page load time. Automation and notification options. Butler automatically recommends buttons for the actions you take most frequently. Perform automation to move cards up and down according to their priority or due dates. 6. Easy to integrate and connect with small to large teams. 7. Non-technical person and also administer it with ease.
  • It is a great budget tool.
  • Visibility and task management.
  • Create panels very easily.
  • Excellent boards.
  • It can manage your independent jobs.
  • Trello is good for small or medium projects.
  • It would be great if some premium features were available to all users.
I recommend using Trello to all those people or companies that need a good project organizer, this was a great decision to apply this tool to our entire management team. We tested Jira and other huge tools to manage our projects, but we decided to continue using Trello Due at its ease and use, it is a very reliable tool to communicate, which allows our team to work collaboratively supervising what each user does.
Read Aracely Talbot's full review
Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 21, 2019

Trello is a fantastic option to manage projects and tasks

In the organization we use Trello to manage the projects we have in process. It is excellent to know what each team member has to do, in the area of web development, graphic design and marketing. We are not confused about what each of us has to do, what he is doing and what he has already done. It is great even to clarify the doubts that arise during the development of the project. When I have a question about solving a problem in the code, I can post it on a Trello dashboard to discuss it with my colleagues. I like it very much so that we all discuss solutions.
  • Organize projects very well.
  • The tag system is great for prioritizing one task over another.
  • Notifications are perfect to be aware of what is happening during the work day.
  • Trello is a very secure application and keeps data confidential.
  • If a project becomes very large, the board system becomes very difficult to keep orderly.
  • Integration with other tools, such as GitHub is a bit complicated and I prefer not to use that.
  • Personalization I see a little limited.
For a digital work team, it is a magnificent tool. Any teamwork is made much easier with Trello. Managing is easy and even more knowing the indications that are on the dashboards. As many types of files can be uploaded, I think there is no digital work that does not take advantage of Trello's features. I tried to use Trello as a personal tool and it was very confusing. For a person who wants to have this application as a personal To-Do-List, I do not recommend it.
Read Roberto Antonio Costinho Sosa's full review
Eric W. Su | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Simple and clean way to organize projects

I use it to organize my ideas and projects. It keeps things online so I can access it anywhere.
  • Simple layout
  • Accessible over multiple devices
When working on a project with teams, we can share the board and everyone can be on the same page quickly.
Read Eric W. Su's full review
Catherine Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Trello is TERRIFIC!

Trello is being used to make sure that tasks imperative to financial close are done on time. It also allows everyone with access to our shared Trello to see what has been done and what has yet to be done. A number of departments within Redwood use Trello for their own projects. Trello has allowed us to have visibility on the progress of financial close without constantly asking for updates and has helped us not forget any important tasks.
  • Check lists within a task so that if there are multiple parts to a task, you can confirm you've done every part.
  • Visibility so everyone on your team can see what has been done and what needs to get taken care of.
  • Labels so that we can organize by entity and importance of task clearly and color coded.
  • I feel like the organization of lists is a little clunky and could be a bit more visibly pleasing and easier to read.
  • I think when you start a new list, you should be able to uncheck all tasks with one button so it's not as tedious to do it one by one.
  • There was more room to give directions on tasks so that if someone takes it over, they can get an explanation easier.
Trello is very helpful for big tasks that teams tackle. It helps everyone make sure that everything is done in a timely manner and that all tasks are completed. It's mostly a visible tool so for someone like me who is a visible learner, it has become a huge part of my work day.
Read Catherine Miller's full review
Zandro Zulueta | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

Trello is a great tool for collaborative project management

My colleagues and I love Trello because it allows us to easier track project progress and updates. Each project is made into a board which is then split into post its or sticky notes. These sticky notes represent the stage of the project or categorizations. This visual design allows the project managers to see movements in the whole project and who is working on these areas.
  • Easy to use.
  • Affordable for startups.
  • Good user-interface.
  • The sticky notes on the Trello board display limited information. Things such as due dates, comments, project descriptions, and the like are shown after clicking the notes. This makes tracking progress over large scale projects complex.
  • No time-tracking feature - In a world of hard deadlines, lack of a time-stamp feature/deadline feature is a downside for a project management tool.
  • For the free version, the file attachment limit is too low
Trello has a freemium version which is a good starting point for many startups. Most of the functions of Trello can be performed with a freemium account. Of course, once the company grows, you will have to upgrade, but the pricing on a user level is still affordable and comes with expanded attachment capacity and customer support.
Read Zandro Zulueta's full review
rohit sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 02, 2020

Trello is best for project and task management

We have been using Trello for organizing tasks in our organization. We can create different boards for designing. We have different boards and [input] tasks for all our team members in the different boards. We can also comment under different tasks and they get a notification when we leave comments. Also this tool is great for onboarding new team members as we have listed down all standard tasks for a new employee.
  • Segregation of Tasks
  • The notification feature can be improved
  • Not for complex tasks
This tool is best when we use it for small teams and assign work to them and keep track of their progress. When the team becomes big then it becomes hard to manage the tasks.
Read rohit sharma's full review
Paul de Wet | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Trello changed my world of sales and automation

I currently use it to integrate Google Calendar via Zapier to manage and add new deals to a deal flow board. From there it gets mapped and all documents etc., are added until sale is complete.
  • Collaboration
Project management
Read Paul de Wet's full review
Alfred Simmons | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Effective platform for project management and a great visual planner

Trello platform is used to writing with our marketing department to manage small projects that requires assigning tasks within the team. Trello is a nice platform that helps us to organize our projects and track our performance in each assigned project. It helps us to stay focused and meet all our due dates on time.
  • Attractive platform.
  • User friendly.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to share projects with team members.
  • Great browser extension.
  • Easy project tracking.
  • Advanced calendar for sharing projects and deadlines.
  • More project templates are needed
  • Mobile app on IOS need more work to be used more effectively
Trello can be used in many ways and in many other fields. I can tell that it is very useful in managing any type of project. It helps us to add our objectives and deadline and then assign tasks and to do list for each team member. Trello keeps our team focused on what needed to be done and saves time and effort.
Read Alfred Simmons's full review
Celil ÇİYNEKLİ | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 01, 2019

The Best Kanban Management Tool

Trello has been used by one of the big ERP software projects at my company. It is using by nearly 250 people who are key users. PMO (Project Management Office) is the admin of our Trello instance. I'm the PMO office manager and program manager of the ERP project.
Trello is used for assigning tasks, following task status, following sub-tasks, following developments in tasks, and tracking deadlines. We are using Trello for multiple projects across departments.
  • It's the best tool for following project tasks in a Kanban format. In the Kanban method, you can follow tasks in status columns. You just drag-drop your task cards.
  • Because of using the Kanban method, you can use Trello in Scrum projects or any project methodology that uses the Kanban method.
  • Creating, updating, and following the whole project is easy & simple. Trello is very user-friendly, and it is online.
  • Trello is a constantly evolving app. It's hard to say anything bad about it. But I can't find any timesheet module in upgrade options, which is in typical if you've used other PPM tools before.
  • I want to manage the workload of teams in the project.
  • I want to see tasks in WBS (work breakdown structure) view.
Trello is well suited for when you managing projects with agile methods & managing your job with the kanban method.
Trello is not as good as a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool. Trello does not have a work breakdown structure. You can not manage a project using the PMI method. Also, you can't see the workload of resources (project team) because they are missing some team management features.
Read Celil ÇİYNEKLİ's full review
March 20, 2020

Solid Project Management Solution

This is being used in our company to track client implementations and also to track our product roadmap. While we have several boards for each department, we allow any user to be able to have access to it. This has led us to be more collaborative and increased transparency across the company.
  • Task organization
  • Timeline tracking
  • Lots of manual set up
  • Clunky integrations
I have really enjoyed the Trello platform and its ability to help us track timelines and priorities. Our current use cases are to track client implementations, department-wide projects, and product roadmaps. It works great for product roadmaps and one-off projects, but it often is a lot of work for repeated processes like implementations.
March 18, 2020

Task Management On The Go

Trello makes it easy to manage workflows on the go. Its mobile app design is very intuitive and allows for online sharing as well as offline use so that you can log tasks whenever you think of them. It is easy to manage multiple projects and you get the ability to customize your workflow however you see fit. You are then able to get into the grittier details to log information about each task that needs to be done and easily move them from one stage to the next.
  • Mobile App
  • Intuitive Design
  • Easy of Use
  • Offline and Online Use
  • It was a little difficult to figure out how to remove a project.
  • Could have the ability to work with other task management systems.
  • Probably would be useful for businesses if Trello provided more insight into the work.
Trello is well suited for staying connected to your work wherever you go. You are also able to use it at no cost so it is great for starting off. Trello may lack more advanced features that bigger, more established workflow managers have such as JIRA, so it would be less appropriate if you need those extra features.
March 07, 2020

Trello at work

We use Trello as part of our training tools to help the training team keep on track with who we are training and where we are in the process. We also use it for operations. We have all our lists in Trello that we use everyday. Using Trello means that anyone who needs to use the list will have access to it on their phone or a company device. It also means that leadership can constantly follow up with the team and ensure that lists are being completed.
  • Operational Lists
  • To Do lists
  • Brainstorming team boards
  • Repeat function
  • Able to see completion of cards in the APP
  • Ability to assign cards to individuals
Trello would be best for a team that is sharing lists or information together. It is also amazing for brainstorming and building idea boards with multiple people involved. It would be difficult to use to share documents between people and to chat in real time about progress about the specific documents. You also cannot assign individual items to people, you can only assign a board. So it can be difficult to have a project with various pieces assigned to individual people.
February 25, 2020

Trello makes easy even easier

Trello has been a godsend for organizing multiple projects with many moving parts yet needing a platform that is clean, clear, and quickly display the various statuses of the project. People new to Trello can read and understand what's going on just as if they were using Trello for years. I can't stress just how simple it is from a user perspective.
  • Simplicity - This isn't complicated. You log-in and it immediately know how to use it.
  • Cleanliness - Trello doesn't clutter itself with extra features or unneeded visuals. They keep it straight forward.
  • User Experience - They built the platform where user experience comes first. If you need a feature, it's there and it's intuitive to where you need to go to access it. They don't hide it deep within the system or in strange spots that don't make sense.
  • Setup - I wish the customization when you first set-up your Admin account could be a little easier. It's a breeze past set-up.
  • Customer Support - It may have just been my experience but it took a while to get assistance when I reached out to their customer service team via their support email.
Trello is well suited for teams that have multiple people that need to provide updates and track their own personal statuses while understanding where everyone else is within the process. Your team can share a board and within the board they can post their project and any updates, notes, and documents. Or they can make it as easy as posting a sticker with a thumbs up or thumbs down to mark their status.
October 04, 2019

Trello - Limit WIP for Success!

Presently, we use Trello as a kanban card management system across distributed teams. This helps us to understand the current state of work being done, limit work in progress, manage blockages, and delineate completed work. It's built in sharing makes it ideal for sharing across international teams, as all members have visibility and access into the work cards at all times.
  • Flexibility of Cards - can add links, pictures, attachments, etc.
  • Built in sharing enables multiple users to collaborate on a board at a time.
  • Customizable - it's very easy for me to customize the look and format of my cards to make it easy to identify work that needs to get done.
  • Aging - Trello offers an aging functionality that lets you identify old cards, but it's not granular enough to be useful. In short order, old cards all look old.
  • Color coding - Trello offers color coding, but not enough unique colors to make many labels of distinct colors.
  • Export - Trello does offer export, but not in a user-friendly format. I'd like a CSV export so I can easily manipulate my card data from time to time.
Trello is excellent for kanban style management of tasks. It allows for multiple users to be assigned to a task, enabling a team to "swarm" on a card. While it does not enforce any work in progress (WIP) rules, if you're using sensible rules, you can easily see how much work is in progress at any given time. Trello wouldn't be a suitable tool for a full scrum implementation - the board would simply get too busy with an extensive backlog list, current and future sprints, and no concepts of hierarchy amongst the cards.
January 22, 2020

Trello for all your project management needs

Trello is used at my organization to lay out and track team goals and initiatives on a quarterly basis. We use it to split our goals up by teams, and then individual topics. It helps keep things organized and easily displayed and tracked. It is not being used across the whole organization, but rather on a team-by-team basis, wherever it's best suited.
  • Collaboration - Trello makes it very easy to track what everyone is doing, has gotten done, and still has to get done. Everything for everyone is displayed clearly in the same place.
  • Customization - Trello offers plenty of flexibility when it comes to customizing the dashboard to fit the team's needs. All sorts of colors, shapes, icons, tags, labels, and different list types are available
  • Filters - When it comes to searching, there's plenty of available filters that use the labels and tags that you can use to help speed up your searches within your dashboard.
  • Kanban boards - Not that there's anything wrong with Kanban boards, but Trello is limited to them, whereas other alternatives offer different views you can use.
  • No calendar support - Trello doesn't natively offer support for calendar integration, while other options do.
  • Limited to simple descriptions - If you're hoping to write detailed documents on your board for your different tasks, Trello may not be the best option as you're limited to shorter descriptions.
Trello is well suited for teams with common tasks that aren't looking for calendar integration. If Kanban boards work for you, use Trello. If you need more than that, or require calendar integration, you may be better off looking for alternatives. If you prefer short and simple project and task descriptions, Trello is for you. If you need long, detailed descriptions, you should look elsewhere.
December 12, 2019

Visually engaging, intuitive and easy-to-use project dashboard

Trello is currently used sporadically by a few departments in our organization. It is primarily used as collaboration tools to track activities in a project which involve members from a single department and/or member across different departments. It helps a lot in tracking activities and allocating resources to certain activities in a project and also as a tool for team coordination.
  • Web based delivery provides seamless access anywhere and anytime.
  • Intuitive and easy to use.
  • Semi-online features would be a game changer when there is no internet connection.
  • Upload size limitation makes it very hard to collaborate with large data.
Trello works well on organizing and coordinating small to medium projects involving team members working from virtual offices connected by public internet access. However, when there is limited or even no internet access then it becomes unusable. Moreover, when working with large scale projects Trello's dashboard becomes too cluttered which makes it very hard to manage.
December 06, 2019

The best and simplest product management tool.

We build the roadmap of our product and we manage timing and priorities through Trello. With this software it's really easy to understand what have you done, what you are working on and what you should build in the future.
  • Roadmap
  • Time Management
  • Product management
  • Slack automations
  • Google Suite integration
I love Trello for its simplicity to use and its quickness. Really user friendly and straight. It helps to have a better understanding of the product status. You know perfectly what the team has done and what it should do. I think this is the best product management tool.
November 20, 2019

Fantastic dynamic project management tool

We use Trello mainly to manage our projects with the project management team as well as field engineers. We also use it for projects within the office, including events to plan, a grocery list for our lunch/snack room, and office. And general supplies to be ordered for the office and the warehouse.
  • It is an excellent bard/visibility to create tasks/projects and move them once completed.
  • The design is simple and very user-friendly.
  • The use of colors is wonderful and friendly and dynamic.
  • I don't use it every day but just for projects and it suits us fine as it is.
  • Maybe be able to attach design as we map a lot in the exercise of our job.
  • Attach videos.
It is effortless to install and to us. Everyone is asked to install it at work and to use it. We created many projects per team and per department, and it is working very well for us. It is straightforward and easy to use, and the colors tool is excellent. Managing projects is great using Trello. So much better than Microsoft 365, which is more expensive and too complicated for us.

Task Management (171)
Resource Management (142)
Gantt Charts (55)
Scheduling (129)
Workflow Automation (105)
Team Collaboration (169)
Support for Agile Methodology (119)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (92)
Document Management (124)
Email integration (114)
Mobile Access (151)
Timesheet Tracking (67)
Change request and Case Management (83)
Budget and Expense Management (58)
Quotes/estimates (42)
Invoicing (35)
Project & financial reporting (45)
Integration with accounting software (36)

About Trello

Trello from Atlassian is a project management tool based on a Kanban framework. Trello is ideal for task-management in a to-do list format. It supports sharing boards and cards across users or teams. The product offers a free version, and paid versions add greater automation, collaboration, and administrative control.

Trello Competitors