Trello is a free collaboration / task management tool that allows users to organize things into cards and boards. It provides a flexible and visual way of organizing projects. The vendor also offers a paid version for businesses with extra features. Pricing is $3.75 per user per month, billed annually.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/mG/LY/3U4TA8KT099D.PNGExcellent platform for project and user progress managementTrello is used by us to manage personal details, leads and in-progress stories. The group liveS in many different countries across the world, and work with a number of various sources for stories related to mental health within academia. Trello allows us to establish a central online area where we can all contribute to, provide information about ourselves for stories to be assigned based on skills and background etc, and also to manage the workload and delegate tasks in real time.,Several distinct areas or sections can be implemented to segregate different zones or work areas. Real time updating of information and user-restricted access to each zone. Easy to collaborate on different stories and sections, and easy user management.,It isn't a particularly aesthetically pleasing design. It is boring but practical, but you can personalise more with a premium account. It can be difficult to manage several areas within Trello at any one time, and there is no possibility of hiding areas that you aren't working on at any one time, so everything is visible all of the time. It can be clumpy. Notifications of new additions to areas or new content would be useful rather than relying on people visiting to see changes.,8,Ease of user management. Ease of project management and content within areas of the projects. Being able to monitor progress for stories and projects without needing to disturb users. Excellent service and platform for our needs and within budget!,,9,2,User management Project management Real time tracking of content progress,8,Adding and editing of content Project management,The scale of the number of areas you can have in any one screen - no possibility of reducing visible areas to make it look sleeker,Yes, but I don't use it,7Team project management has never been this dynamic.At the Security Engineering department we, the developers, use Trello for organizing projects and estimating time of completion. Using the notifications system, we can see all of the pending projects and the content that has to be completed in order to advance to further work, depending on the project deadline.,Pointing to the next task you have to complete. You can download all your pending tasks and organize them as you see fit. You can delay tasks if you need to. You can see your completed tasks so you can keep track of your progress.,It's not too intuitive to use, it can be difficult when you're new to this app. Not much filtering. You can't add subcategories.,8,[Trello has made us] much more organized in our team environment.,Slack,SlackGreat system for the incorporation and planning of projects.We continue to use Trello for version control in project management; having differentiation and a history in a project provides an excellent advantage when planning, looking for problems and failures, also thanks to this you can save your files. You need to use it for development to show your team the capabilities and the advances.,The search and the handling of the tasks in the project are incredible since it can always be shown at a glance with the details and the labels that it has. Sectioning the files and dividing them by card is an excellent advantage in terms of the order of each of the tasks since you can search and assign something in specific. It is also very useful to assign permits that have trello, thanks to this you can have more than one project manager to facilitate their management in the environment of a group.,When removing a card is difficult because you must delete each of the tasks to then remove the card, it also makes it difficult to eliminate each task since it is not at first glance the option to delete. The calendar also does not work correctly since once the date is assigned it will be automatically deleted and this causes the previous control of the assigned tasks to be lost, they should be eliminated if once the assigned task was fulfilled after its confirmation.,10,Your time in development of each project with Trello is very visible and remarkable, it gives you excellent management and you will be able to easily identify the problems and the missing work in each management of the projects. Although there are some power up payments, they are also useful for the development of each project because it provides excellent support with tools such as opening tags allocation and communication.,GitHub, PrestaShop, MailChimp, TeamViewerStill figuring out if it works best for me or not!I was asked to use Trello to see if I like the way it is set up for project management. We are trying to evaluate what software best fits our needs for project management. Trello is being used in our operations department where we have multiple projects running. We wanted to use it as a place for managers and partners to be able to see where I am on the projects without having to physically check in. This removes a few communication problems by letting them see exactly what I am working on and where I am in that stage.,It is really great if you enjoy customizing your workspace. You can change the background. You are able to move the tiles around. You can have multiple lists. Everything can be organized on top of itself. Each tile is what I use to define a project. Then, within the tile, I create topics, which are considered "cards". The card houses my checklists and timelines. It is a pretty nice drop down way of understanding. You can add a description to the card. There can be additional comments made by other people. You may add a due date. You can extend the accessibility of your list to other people. I am able to add or remove someone from viewing. You share a link with them to see your board.,This is a personal preference. The way you organize each tile is from left to right. I prefer when I can go up and down. You can't ever really delete something. You are able to archive or move. You may be able to delete something but I am pretty tech savvy and it shouldn't be this hard to sort out. You can't collapse it either. I don't think this is the best project management tool in regards to functionality. If I put a due date on something, I would like there to be an alert or reminder associated with it. I could be underutilizing the tool, but again, as a tech savvy person, it should be a little more obvious on how to use their features. They could go down the route of Salesforce and Nintex and put together tools that would help someone in their setup.,6,I used Trello for a while but ended up going back to good ole paper and pencil when it came to day to day tasks. In that sense, I don't think it is well suited as a project management tool for an individual. There is definitely potential for team activities. There has been no negative impact. If anything, I would say slightly positive as my team can view projects on a large scale. I think with a few upgrades to the tool belt it could be a nice software to use.,OneNoteOrder your work and increase your productivityI work in a web-based information systems development department, and for us Trello is a very important tool that allows us to track the progress of each of our projects. It is very simple to use and does not need to do any additional training to form new users. Each of our projects is added to a board and according to the type of task assigned to certain users. It's a wonder because in that way we have a very organized work.,It allows to organize almost anything, from projects to daily tasks, all in one place without complications and the best, it can be accessed from any device It is excellent to collaborate as a team, it allows to work in an environment in which each member of a team will know what is being done and is still to be done. It is specially designed to bring everything more organized, especially in those people who work on multiple projects at the same time and need to meet the deadlines.,The free version lacks advanced features and you will need to pay for a license if you have a large company with many users. It lacks global labels, it is necessary to specify labels on each board. Everything is organized on boards, at the beginning it can be confusing, for example, to assign a task you have to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and just assign the task.,9,It is free so the initial investment is almost zero, the benefits are many when organizing your work and increase your productivity. If you want to use Trello in a small or large company, I recommend using the paid version to have all the functionalities available. The investment would be minimal since it is very economical. Highly recommended, in my company has brought us great benefits by increasing the productivity of the development team.,Asana,Asana, Google Drive
Trello

Trello Reviews

Trello
Top Rated Award
Filter 985 vetted Trello reviews and ratings

Daniel Morse profile photo
September 17, 2018

Trello Review: "Excellent platform for project and user progress management"

• Several distinct areas or sections can be implemented to segregate different zones or work areas.
  • Real time updating of information and user-restricted access to each zone.
  • Easy to collaborate on different stories and sections, and easy user management.
  • It isn't a particularly aesthetically pleasing design. It is boring but practical, but you can personalise more with a premium account.
  • It can be difficult to manage several areas within Trello at any one time, and there is no possibility of hiding areas that you aren't working on at any one time, so everything is visible all of the time. It can be clumpy.
  • Notifications of new additions to areas or new content would be useful rather than relying on people visiting to see changes.
It is excellent for multiple groups or users with multiple activities at any one time, or for a single user wanting to have several project sections going on at any one time. It enables the user to keep things separate but all contained within a single portal, but it can become quite cumbersome relatively quickly.
The bigger the organisation, the more consideration needs to be given to how exactly Trello is used to give the users the best experience, or even if multiple instances of the platform is necessary.
Read Daniel Morse's full review
Ricardo Ernesto Ramos Cuevas profile photo
January 08, 2019

Trello Review: "Team project management has never been this dynamic."

• Pointing to the next task you have to complete.
  • You can download all your pending tasks and organize them as you see fit.
  • You can delay tasks if you need to.
  • You can see your completed tasks so you can keep track of your progress.
  • It's not too intuitive to use, it can be difficult when you're new to this app.
  • Not much filtering. You can't add subcategories.
When several people are working on the same project, you can edit your work notes for everyone to see the progress of the project.

If you have organizational issues, with Trello you can set up an organized schedule for any of the tasks you and/or your co-workers are set to accomplish.
Read Ricardo Ernesto Ramos Cuevas's full review
Nathalie Maria Romero Sosa profile photo
January 02, 2019

Trello Review: "Great system for the incorporation and planning of projects."

• The search and the handling of the tasks in the project are incredible since it can always be shown at a glance with the details and the labels that it has.
  • Sectioning the files and dividing them by card is an excellent advantage in terms of the order of each of the tasks since you can search and assign something in specific.
  • It is also very useful to assign permits that have trello, thanks to this you can have more than one project manager to facilitate their management in the environment of a group.
  • When removing a card is difficult because you must delete each of the tasks to then remove the card, it also makes it difficult to eliminate each task since it is not at first glance the option to delete.
  • The calendar also does not work correctly since once the date is assigned it will be automatically deleted and this causes the previous control of the assigned tasks to be lost, they should be eliminated if once the assigned task was fulfilled after its confirmation.
Perfect to control the errors and deliveries of each task, the idea is to assign a specific time and have an order for its revision, also this speeds up the delivery of projects.
Read Nathalie Maria Romero Sosa's full review
Kathryn Weber profile photo
December 07, 2018

Trello Review: "Still figuring out if it works best for me or not!"

• It is really great if you enjoy customizing your workspace. You can change the background. You are able to move the tiles around. You can have multiple lists. Everything can be organized on top of itself.
  • Each tile is what I use to define a project. Then, within the tile, I create topics, which are considered "cards". The card houses my checklists and timelines. It is a pretty nice drop down way of understanding. You can add a description to the card. There can be additional comments made by other people. You may add a due date.
  • You can extend the accessibility of your list to other people. I am able to add or remove someone from viewing. You share a link with them to see your board.
  • This is a personal preference. The way you organize each tile is from left to right. I prefer when I can go up and down.
  • You can't ever really delete something. You are able to archive or move. You may be able to delete something but I am pretty tech savvy and it shouldn't be this hard to sort out. You can't collapse it either.
  • I don't think this is the best project management tool in regards to functionality. If I put a due date on something, I would like there to be an alert or reminder associated with it. I could be underutilizing the tool, but again, as a tech savvy person, it should be a little more obvious on how to use their features. They could go down the route of Salesforce and Nintex and put together tools that would help someone in their setup.
I think Trello is a set above my notebook for OneNote. It is nice that I am able to share this with team members. It still doesn't feel like more than a digit to-do list. Most of this I can do by hand. If it isn't sending me reminder or notifications, then, it doesn't really add more value than paper and pencil. I like how clear it is in the layout. In being simple, maybe that is a weakness too.
Read Kathryn Weber's full review
Abraham García profile photo
November 21, 2018

Trello Review: "Order your work and increase your productivity"

• It allows to organize almost anything, from projects to daily tasks, all in one place without complications and the best, it can be accessed from any device
  • It is excellent to collaborate as a team, it allows to work in an environment in which each member of a team will know what is being done and is still to be done.
  • It is specially designed to bring everything more organized, especially in those people who work on multiple projects at the same time and need to meet the deadlines.
  • The free version lacks advanced features and you will need to pay for a license if you have a large company with many users.
  • It lacks global labels, it is necessary to specify labels on each board.
  • Everything is organized on boards, at the beginning it can be confusing, for example, to assign a task you have to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and just assign the task.
Trello is highly recommended for professionals who perform many tasks and have deadlines to meet. For a freelance programmer or designer it could be a very useful, simple and powerful tool to keep track of projects. I would not recommend it for those people who simply use it as a notebook.
Read Abraham García's full review
Miroslav Bobryshev profile photo
September 07, 2018

"Trello Review"

We work in small teams and Trello is a convenient way to track and assign tasks to team members. The program allows you to perform tasks related to the creation of visual effects faster and more efficiently. It is used in all departments of our studio, from managers to artists.
  • The simplicity of the interface. Really simple and easy understanding. It is just a board with sticking cards and lists on a first look.
  • Free usage. Small just opened companies could save money on managing and tracking stuff but with less functionality.
  • It works on all common platforms. There are apps for iphone and android, web, even Slack.
  • It is easy to choose on what basis to organize lists and cards on the boards. In fact, the program is universal and suitable for both personal purposes and for business.
  • On small screens Trello becomes not so convenient.
  • It is a bit difficult to add automation, repetition and rapid tasks to implement.
  • I suppose Trello could be not enough for really large companies.
The Trello usage scenario can be as follows: Two boards are created in Trello. The team has first one with tasks assigned to the them for a week. There they carry out the cards with the tasks to be performed from the column on the left (Pending) in the column (In work), and after completion of the task transfer the card to the rightmost column (Done). During the work, progress and stages of the task are marked in the the card. The second board is for the supervisor, who creates cards with tasks. All working tasks are formed in this board. The supervisor can also create necessary columns, distributing the cards according to the priority of execution.
Read Miroslav Bobryshev's full review
Adriana Sanchez Bulheird profile photo
December 07, 2018

Trello Review: "Create, drag and organize your tasks in your project."

I use Trello to have a better control and management for my business of the day. I can remember and effectively organize the problems and tasks of the company without needing to have a piece of paper in front of me all day long.
  • I adore its didactic form by which you can create and organize the tasks you need to remember. Its easy handling is what stands out because it is very intuitive.
  • It does not require many procedures or capacities in the computer because you can work it from the web without having to download extra files.
  • It is very editable and customizable in addition to being very useful for your daily tasks.
  • I do not like the function of the calendar with assignment of the task. It takes an expiration date, and if it passes to that date the task is automatically removed even if it hasn't been fulfilled.
  • When connecting the project as a group, it often limits the members due to the connection.
I strongly recommend using this incredible platform where you can solve the organization, processes, and assignment of tasks. With Trello you will not need to have your sheets or other materials on, just open it from any device with an internet connection and it will work.
Read Adriana Sanchez Bulheird's full review
Charlotte Eddy profile photo
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Trello - Your New Best Friend"

Our Department using Trello to track tasks, documents and status of our project.
  • Helps keep you organized on all projects
  • Easily visibility with team members to find out who is working on project and get updated information
  • Can set up several different boards to track a variety of tasks
  • Spell check would be nice feature to add
Extremely well suited for project management, documentation storage, checklist etc. I use it for all acquisitions, new leases, amendments and ongoing projects as I have around 40 plus continuously going on at all times.
Read Charlotte Eddy's full review
Carla Borges profile photo
August 03, 2018

Trello Review: "The best tool to organize teamwork tasks"

It is used throughout the company, helps to solve and improves the order of tasks decreases working time because it organizes everything correctly and quickly is also very economical for its useful characteristics, allows us to design different boards and apart from the professional. It can also be used for personal activities.
  • It allows you to determine how to make many reports about your projects. It also makes a quick and easy and visual configuration, easy to share, shows a specific project or process, project management, team collaboration, to-do list. It's a great way for a team to collaborate. I love being able to manage my own tasks in the same place that I manage team's simply by creating another board.
  • I wish I had some subcategories through which I could filter.
  • I also want a spreadsheet-type view without exporting.
  • There's not much I do not like, probably just that the user interface is too simple. Hopefully add a part where we can add documents and files for clients or for a specific project.
Trello is amazing, it helps to plan and work on every task and activity that we assign. It is easy to use, very easy to use. In particular I use Trello to work and personal projects. Visual design is good to have a quick idea of ​​things. The mobile application is also good. The interface can become visibly overwhelming for uninitiated team members. So you have the ability to filter entire lists using add-ons, which helps a lot. Triggering the following actions once before it is completed can not be done at this time.
Read Carla Borges's full review
Rebeca Carolina Rivaz profile photo
November 14, 2018

Trello Review: "Excellent tool for the exchange of ideas and to keep you organized"

Trello is used in all departments to organize all activities in a simple way, all team members are always up to date with any change of activities and projects. Only issue is that Trello does not allow the team to see the changes made as a snapshot.
  • Easily organize activities and projects collaboratively.
  • You can track any task, it contains a history of the recent activities of each member.
  • It is a totally online platform that does not require many features of your computer, also has a native application for mobile devices.
  • You can share all kinds of documents and files with your team.
  • They should improve the search engine for tasks since you find almost nothing.
  • Its interface is very basic, it could be a bit better
  • Available colors are limited, you should have more to choose from.
  • It would be great to hide certain boards to be displayed on the main screen.
It is excellent for teams that are far away, so we can bring them together in this platform and keep them updated with the activities that will be carried out, but it is not appropriate for teams with a large number of people, since their characteristics are limited. It would be easy to manage so many people at once.
Read Rebeca Carolina Rivaz's full review
Richard Vizcaya profile photo
September 05, 2018

Review: "Trello has helped me to implement successful software projects with Agile focus !"

Trello has helped us to implement successful software projects with Agile focus. It has also worked perfect inside my organization even if employees work from different countries. This is a great advantage of web platforms like Trello. Our Research & Development department is the main user of this useful software.
  • Help to implement Agile projects, for example software projects.
  • Integrated with cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
  • High visibility for all members of a project. Team members uss an intuitive system of boards, lists and cards.
  • Can enable security access, using users' profiles.
  • Can be used for applying polls.
  • No visible numeric progress of activities.
  • Task status must be changed manually.
I consider Trello to be the best tool to implement successful software projects with Agile focus.
Read Richard Vizcaya's full review
Evan Jaffe profile photo
July 13, 2018

Trello Review: "Easy and fun to use task manager"

We use Trello within our design team through a shared account by our department manager. We have 2 primary uses for Trello: First is to share ideas across our design team in order to track conversation topics that we want to cover in weekly team meetings. Second is for a high-level task roadmap in the typical kanban style of "To Do", "In Progress", "Ready for Review", and "Complete".
  • Trello has an intuitive interface for organizing boards and tasks. The kanban-style layout of the boards is simple and logical - categories are arranged left to right, tasks are arranged from top to bottom. It only takes seconds to understand the goals of the interface with minimal experience needed.
  • The interactions within Trello feel natural and are consistent with what you would expect - double clicking to edit, drag and drop to move, etc. The interactions aid, rather than inhibit, my usage of Trello.
  • Theming - Trello allows users to theme their accounts/boards. When using multiple boards, it is awesome to not only customize the board to look and feel they way you want it to, but it also allows me to know exactly which board I am viewing at a glance.
  • Some of the deeply nested actions are a little hard to get at, and not organized in the most logical way. A specific example of this is deleting a task - it is first set to "Archived", which forces the user to click again to "Delete". This process seems a bit verbose for such a simple task.
  • Icons are a bit overused in the interface, making some of the actions they represent a little obscure. The most glaring example of this is the large "+" at the top right of the interface. What am I adding? a Board? a Card? a Task? I like interfaces that allow for discovery, but something as simple as 'adding' anything should be immediately clear.
  • As well as Trello handles the kanban-view, I would love to see other styles of views for my cards and tasks. I am not exactly sure how other views would be accomplished, but I would love to see list views, calendar views, and even 'joined' views, where cards can have linked dependencies.
Trello is well suited for quickly keeping track of and organizing ideas. Due to the functionality that is more robust than a simple note-taking application, I find myself gravitating towards Trello rather than an alternative for a quick note and task tracking. Trello is NOT well suited as a note-taking application. Where it is great for capturing ideas and tasks, it is not meant for writing paragraphs of text.
Read Evan Jaffe's full review
Osly Hernandez profile photo
July 10, 2018

User Review: "Trello, your ally for teamwork"

We used Trello for organizing small projects of some departments, like the communication one. With this tool, the team assigned and checked the jobs of the workers, like to events, program social media, investigations. It's very fast, friendly and the learning curve it's short. I can assign one job to many workers.
  • To organize an event. You can describe, step by step, all the work to have an event under control, with the responsibility of each worker. It shows the progress or stagnation of each person and can attend any difficulty in time.
  • To assign research guidelines to journalists. The subject is assigned, the readings that must be consulted, the interviews are planned and a deadline for delivery is given. With Trello, the journalist indicates the progress of each step.
  • Organize the tasks of the audiovisual production team. Once the work topic is defined, the activities that must be fulfilled for each phase of the audiovisual production are described, with dates of deployment, production, and final delivery.
  • Trello works by boards, which sometimes makes it difficult to work when we needed, for example, global labels. On each board, you must define and/or repeat your labels specifically.
  • We use it for small projects because its boards are limited when it comes to the management of many people or very large projects.
Trello is ideal for small projects, with few people and as an internal tool of some departments of your company. It is less appropriate for bigger jobs, since it organizes them by independent boards, disconnected from each other. While you can assign a task to several people, when the team and projects grow, the boards play against us. For example, to assign a task it is necessary to first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and reassign the task.
Read Osly Hernandez's full review
Parikshit Potnuri profile photo
July 06, 2018

Review: "Trello! This is the best thing you can get to keep everything on track."

From the time we started using Trello, it has been a great experience. We generally use Trello for works which have multi-team dependencies, Trello helps us keep all the work on track and it creates a kind of accountability for all the team members involved. It also helps administrators to get a sense of how the team is doing and set priorities.
  • UI & UX are great in Trello, it is easily readable and you get a sense of everything by spending very little time on Trello dashboard.
  • Email integration is great with Trello, you don't have to go back and forth to fill things.
  • Creating checklists within tasks is a great feature which helps in creating shorter checkpoints.
  • I don't find many problems with Trello because it does the work well for its scope and I would not complain about the product because it is free.
Trello is great for organizations which have multiple team dependencies, it is a great tool for marketing teams to get work done faster and to create accountability in everyone.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
Tanner Walters profile photo
July 05, 2018

Trello Review: "Excellent Collaborative Tool, Great for Content Writers"

We used Trello to revamp a formal editorial process for all content assets produced by our content team. We use the program to coordinate projects across PR account teams, design teams and corporate employees.
  • Very little learning curve. We had a brief tutorial, but I learned how to use it pretty quickly by playing around on my own. It's very straightforward and user-friendly.
  • The software makes it very easy to stay organized across multiple teams. Previously we had a much more scattered process and Trello allows us to manage projects more easily.
  • The integration with Google Docs is very helpful.
  • Occasionally, it's a bit sluggish to load.
  • Creating new cards in Trello can sometimes be a pain, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
  • It's a free software, but there are "powerups" you have to pay for that I haven't tried out.
Trello is great in an agency setting, where you're typically juggling multiple projects across several teams. As a content writing team, it's been a dream using Trello. It would also be good as a personal planner/to-do list because it's simple enough to use to keep yourself organized.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Martin Miller profile photo
February 13, 2018

User Review: "Trello - Freeform Masterpiece"

We use Trello across our organization and with client- and supported-organizations. The ability to share Trello boards enables collaboration and management without the confines of more limited solutions, which in turn encourages more effective sharing of content and concepts. Trello enables us to collaborate on virtual boards that organize ideas, collect comments and store assets and links that are essential to website design, social media management, campaign planning and project tracking.
  • Trello is very effective at allowing a user to organize ideas in a personal fashion. Yes, the software has constraints in which you must work, but the card-based concept is easily accepted by an user who has every written ideas on scraps of paper.
  • Trello is available as a mobile app, a Mac app and as a website so the software adapts to and leverages the advantages of the platform on which you are currently work.
  • Trello also allows easy updates via email so ideas don't have to be filed for later action. Receive an emailed request and forward it directly to the appropriate Trello board.
  • Trello is very good when collaborating with users who are outside your organization, don't have a company email address or are on the other side of the world.
  • Trello is not as robust a product for the Windows environment, although the web interface is as functional as most users will need.
  • Trello does not make it easy to completely delete content. The archive function is useful but sometimes you just want to get rid of something completely.
  • Trello does note currently offer an offline editing function which would be very useful.
I recommend Trello to clients and collaborative organizations who need to manage any size project. For some, the freeform aspect can be intimidating at first but soon becomes an expectation of other software solutions. Trello is especially good for visual learns, visual-centric businesses and projects related to communications and social media. With the mobile app, Trello enables the nice interface features to work without the quirks of advanced web design on tablets and phones.
Read Martin Miller's full review
Brent Lionel Mausisa profile photo
June 05, 2018

Review: "Trello should be best for graphics and design related projects."

I use Trello in organizing my tasks and others tasks for three of my clients. I used it when I was still working for the consultancy marketplace Expert360 and I used it to manage my tasks as marketing and accounts assistant. I also used it with my Slovenia client who has a Kindle publishing business. I primarily used to project manage the Kindle VA, ghost writers, book cover designer and proofreaders. My third client is into book marketing and I used Trello to project manage the book marketing projects that we have. Trello's card feature is like sticky notes that can be transferred from one list to another. It's nice way to organize stuff, especially in a visual way. I love moving the cards to from one board to another. Trello helped us to be updated on what should be done and what have been done already.
  • Trello helps a user to visually see what's not yet done, what should be done, what's the level of priority of the tasks and what have been done already.
  • Trello makes you create a checklist under each card and you can copy the checklist in other cards.
  • Trello allows you to put labels on each card which tells to which certain the task is related to.
  • Trello should offer a list of way of doing things like Asana. List way means like just adding task as a line under a section in Asana.
  • Trello should have more app integrations too. It would be helpful if Harvest Time tracker, Toggl or Hubstaff can be integrated to Trello.
  • Trello should have a sound notification option so people will easily know if some tasks needs their immediate attention.
Trello is great for visual people like graphic artist, web designers, video editors and photographer. Also, it's suitable for projects that doesn't have a long list of tasks to do because some cards could not be viewed easily on the default view if there are lots of cards since you have lots of tasks for that list.
Read Brent Lionel Mausisa's full review
Ryan Helft profile photo
May 21, 2018

"Trello Review"

We use Trello to engage with our customers. We use it to document our goals, open items, product enhancement requests, and what we have completed. We have a list for each of these and then cards for each specific item. We move the cards to indicate priority, and then move them to the Done list when complete.

We add other elements to indicate status and we use comments to provide detail on where we are for each item. The time stamp helps with this too.

In this way, we have a secure, easy way to communicate about our progress on key items that we need in order to make sure customers successful with our product and services.
  • I like how easily you can move cards up, down, and across lists. This makes it super easy to show the priority and progress of specific items.
  • I also like how easy it is to customize. Adding color coding and moving things around is very easy to do and it makes it easy for people to understand what's going on at a glance and to dig into it.
  • I like how easy it is to add users. We often start with a small team but have to add other stakeholders that are interested in it. This makes it easy to ensure EVERYONE is on the same page. This turns previous decisions into artifacts so no one has to ask where we are on something or what we decided.
  • I honestly don't have a lot of recommendations for making things better.
It's very well suited for collaboration for teams, across teams, and even across companies. I think it's also particularly well suited for teams who work in an agile methodology, which inherently improves flexibility and speed when it comes to delivery final products.

While most of what I use it for is for collaborating with others, I also use it for my personal to do list. Again, it's very easy to track and prioritize items.
Read Ryan Helft's full review
Ronald Melendez profile photo
May 09, 2018

Trello Review: "Manage your projects and work teams in the easiest and fastest way"

Trello is a fantastic project management tool, which allows us to organize the tasks within our projects and work teams in a very fast and comfortable way. With a very simple interface, it is able to give all the necessary tools for the administrative management of our tasks. Besides being used in projects and business structures, it also serves to organize your things in everyday life, with a system of Kanban methodology you can organize everything you want. This is the greatest versatility of these types of software in the market.
  • Very complete free version.
  • You can create an infinite number of boards and organize everything as you want because it is very flexible.
  • You can create delivery deadlines, finish a task or schedule alerts to be aware of your goals to achieve. You can do it very dynamically to get the most out of it.
  • You can invite anyone to join your work dashboards with just one email account. You do not have to register or go through a complicated process to start using Trello.
  • There is no bar graph that tells you the scope of the project or statistics that tell you how the team's work is going.
  • It does not have a properly established calendar, you can place dates but it's nothing special.
  • Difficult to work with multiple cards or tasks in the UI, like for moving, copy/paste and such.
Trello can always be used, be it managing a project or work team, to organize tasks of daily life with only the creativity you have to work with. For example, I have organized a week of daily activities at home as a personal use of Trello. I think business use is the most appropriate because it can be integrated with other technologies to make it a little more versatile. I have integrated it with Bitbucket and Git repositories and only noticed changes in the software code for the ID of the Trello task. I think that its use should not be limited. Trello simply fits what you want to do, everything depends on your creativity.

Read Ronald Melendez's full review
Richard Molina profile photo
May 03, 2018

Review: "If you want to be efficient with the investment of your time, Trello is your best option."

I use Trello independently to organize the tasks and activities of my daily life. and in the company, we use Trello to assign the responsibilities of the tasks that each one must develop and maintain a better control over the responsibilities.
  • To organize the activities and responsibilities of my life
  • To manage my personal and entrepreneurial projects. (Blog, channel, Etc)
  • To assign tasks and responsibilities.
  • I find it a bit problematic to manage the work teams. I think they can improve this aspect more.
  • The storage on the boards is a bit limited ...
  • I would like a client to work without an internet connection. That would be great.
Each time I start a new project, I create a board in three to manage each of the aspects related to the project and the work team that will be developing in it. It allows me to have total control of the project remotely.
Read Richard Molina's full review
Sahr Saffa profile photo
April 17, 2018

User Review: "Trello is free-forever. They mean it."

Trello is being used to manage the series of events we put on. We have boards that manage our marketing, operations, team culture, sponsors, and general business. The program is being used by our management team, but it's audited at the board level.

Slack helps us stay on track with our projects and make sure that things don't fall through the cracks. The problem that we used to have was it was very difficult to hold people accountable for tasks. Now, the boards are available to everyone and there's accountability for all to keep it up to date.
  • Organizes different departments of our business
  • It streamlines accountability for tasks that have to be completed
  • It makes it possible to see where different people in your organization may be stuck and allows you to communicate right on the boards
  • Trello can add a few more tools in its tool belt to make it more robust
  • If people don't take responsibility for managing the boards, they can become disorganized very quickly
Trello is useful for teams that have targets that they have to reach and can conceptualize those targets into smaller and actionable goals. It is also a great tool to bring into debrief meetings since the team can update the board together and address any areas why people are getting stuck.
Read Sahr Saffa's full review
Tsahi Tal profile photo
July 16, 2018

Review: "Trello - A Great Software for Completely Free"

We are using Trello as our main project management tool for all departments.
The marketing department uses it to follow up on marketing projects and add comments and discussions internally.
The art team uses it as an art request tool, using it's deadlines and watch references that are uploaded to it. When the job is done, they tag the relevant requester and upload the final art to there.

It's very easy use, very easy to adjust to and worth the price for extra addons!
  • Easy to upload, control and adjust to each department project management tasks.
  • Great to upload art and tag for different purposes. Highly adjustable
  • Can be used for completely free! No actual work stoppers restrictions
  • Trello has a limited number of tag colors which can be a bit confusing if you have a lot of things to tag
  • Sometimes images are uploaded in lower quality for some reason, doesn't always happen
  • Have limited view options, could be great to have more view options
Trello is used amazingly for art requests which includes set time limit and reference images.
Artists love using it since it's very easy to learn and get into and very hard to stop working with.

Trello is less appropriate for economy followup and tasks, doen't sums up economic data and could cause an "easy to lose" situation with it.
Read Tsahi Tal's full review
Rene Enriquez profile photo
March 09, 2018

User Review: "Trello: Simple and Useful"

Trello is currently used to track the tasks in a visual way that make obvious in which state they currently are.
  • Easy to use and understand, no training necessary at all
  • Mobile app to check the tasks from your mobile phone
  • Ability to add comments and attachments to the tasks
  • Subtasks per tasks
  • Probably a minimalistic approach would make Trello even better, I'd like to see some option to switch between minimalistic and complete view.
It can be used to track almost any kind of tasks within teams. I'd probably choose JIRA if I'm using the Attlasian suite though.
Read Rene Enriquez's full review
Whitney Kelley profile photo
January 22, 2018

User Review: "Trello To-Dos"

Trello is being used across a number of departments in our organization to keep track of deadlines and to-do lists for project work. It is also a means of requesting new features in our database with our tech guy. It allows us the fluidity of project management needed in a start up while also allowing others to see which projects we are up to for our project management.
  • To-Do List features make organizing tasks very easy.
  • The ability to add tags to cards when using boards across multiple departments is key functionality.
  • The filter feature works extremely well. It is easy to manage cards.
  • Trello could use a great intro that shows you all of the great functionality available. It is an easy system but some of the functions are not obvious and members could benefit from a comprehensive tutorial.
Trello is key for any employee who has project management work. If you need to keep track of projects and due dates or to-do lists it can function much like a calendar. It is a great way to see what is on your plate to manage expectations at both the management level and associate level so one does not take on too much work.
Read Whitney Kelley's full review
Daniel Pacheco profile photo
April 15, 2018

Review: "Are you tired of taking your projects to old programs? Improve with Trello."

The security that Trello has given us for the department has been excellent, it has allowed us all to have access to the knowledge of the projects. Today we can move forward thanks to Trello, which in turn provides us with an interface where intuition is fully present. I like to use Trello; it has changed the perspective of things.
  • Guaranteed productivity
  • Cohesion of the work team.
  • Monitoring and control of activities.
  • Tool that drives success.
  • File upload a little slow.
  • Tailor-made innovation
  • Many available options confuse the activities that will be carried out
It adapts very well to project management and order in the field of activity management. In addition, Trello wants our team to be always aware of the latest changes. On the other hand, I think it's good that they improve the process of uploading files, since at this moment it is far from being a quality service.
Read Daniel Pacheco's full review

Task Management (76)
Resource Management (60)
Gantt Charts (19)
Scheduling (60)
Workflow Automation (45)
Team Collaboration (75)
Support for Agile Methodology (57)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (42)
Document Management (55)
Email integration (48)
Mobile Access (66)
Timesheet Tracking (27)
Change request and Case Management (40)
Budget and Expense Management (25)
Quotes/estimates (11)
Invoicing (11)
Project & financial reporting (14)
Integration with accounting software (14)

About Trello