Overall Satisfaction with Planful (formerly Host Analytics)
We use Planful [(formerly Host Analytics)] to report our financial results to our managers, Advisory Board, creditors, and employees. We are able to forecast to better understand how the year is evolving and plan/adjust for the future. Provide a reporting package quickly with Spotlight. Am working on updating our revenue forecasting with Spotlight/modeling which will help us understand our revenue components easier and help our managers forecast easier. The software helps us adapt quickly to many changes in our product offering, department reorganizations and expense allocation methodology. We are able to proforma changes before we implement them to better understand their impact.
- Dynamic organization - able to have multiple reporting hierarchies - can go back in time to display how it was and see how it is today.
- Forecasting - able to create templates to mirror your revenue recognition processes/splits
- Able to schedule jobs in the evening to sync data with your general ledger system and process expense or other allocations
- Professional reports are easily updated to publish current results timely
- With Intacct not being set up with a separate net income account needed to get creative with consolidation module to enable retained earnings to roll
- Would like to be able to drill down on actuals in forecast reports too not just actual reports only
- Sometimes headers take up too much real estate on certain reports - wish there was a way to update the font size
- Saved time in creating financial reports
- Improved financial decision making - data controls/know who has done what when or not done as the case may be
- Assisted in creating proformas to review changes prior to implementation
Able to allocate certain expenses nightly based on revenues through their cloud scheduler, able to nightly load data from our General Ledger system to Planful [(formerly Host Analytics)], and able to quickly refresh reports with updated financial information.
It is relatively easy to self review/update Planful [(formerly Host Analytics)]
Only used Planful [(formerly Host Analytics)] other than excel - internal built model which wasn't sustainable after we grew. Selected Planful due to its cloud strength, flexibility, ease of use, and affordable price.
Planful [(formerly Host Analytics)] works in most scenarios for me. We needed to be able to forecast to blend actual with projections and then easily budget/forecast into next year. We needed a tool that was cloud based that enabled the managers to get data daily to give them information on their business and a way to predict/merge with Salesforce their customer future revenue.