Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Management Reporting (77)
Management reporting (78)
Financial budgeting (81)
Excel-based Reporting (78)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Planful, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Planful provides a Continuous Planning platform that enables finance to automate and accelerate FP&A activities, drive faster and more agile planning and decision-cycles, and elevate the financial IQ of the organization so that everyone is making smarter decisions more frequently. Planful is an end-to-end platform for financial planning, consolidation, and reporting & analysis.
STRUCTURED PLANNING Structured Planning with Planful automates labor-intensive planning activities in a complete cloud-based platform – to give the finance team control, consistency, and confidence in corporate financial plans, budgets, and forecasts.
DYNAMIC PLANNING Dynamic Planning with Planful enables flexible, high-frequency, data-driven planning, modeling, and decision-making so users in every corner of the organization can analyze, plan, and make confident decisions at the speed of business.
FINANCIAL CLOSE & CONSOLIDATION Financial Close & Consolidation with Planful empowers finance to accelerate month-end close and reporting cycles by automating data aggregation, journal entries, intercompany eliminations, minority interest, entity consolidation, currency conversion, and financial reporting.
FINANCIAL REPORTING Reporting with Planful provides a library of reporting formats and delivery options, enabling finance and business users to produce a wide range of interactive financial and management reports leveraging one source of truth.
- Supported: Long-term financial planning
- Supported: Financial budgeting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Scenario modeling
- Supported: Management reporting
- Supported: Financial data consolidation
- Supported: Journal entries and reports
- Supported: Multi-currency management
- Supported: Intercompany Eliminations
- Supported: Minority Ownership
- Supported: Local and consolidated reporting
- Supported: Detailed Audit Trails
- Supported: Financial Statement Reporting
- Supported: Management Reporting
- Supported: Excel-based Reporting
- Supported: Automated board and financial reporting
- Supported: Personalized dashboards
- Supported: Color-coded scorecards
- Supported: KPIs
- Supported: Cost and profitability analysis
- Supported: Key Performance Indicator setting
- Supported: Flat file integration
- Supported: Excel data integration
- Supported: Direct links to 3rd-party data sources
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Report Versioning
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Planful Platform Datasheet
- The Ultimate Guide to Continuous Planning
- Customer Case Study: CloudMargin Empowers Finance to Add More Value and Analyze More Scenarios Using Planful
- Customer Case Study: National DCP Speeds Business Decisions With Planful
- Customer Case Study: Specialized Bicycles Rides Workforce Strategy Across the Globe With Planful
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||65%|
|Supported Countries||We have customers in 90 countries|
- Elimination logic
- Multiple level consolidation
- Currency conversion
- Adjusting entries not suitable for base ledger
- Easy reporting interface with quick parametric point of view (POV) changes
- Quick creation of forecast versions once budget is created
- Cash flow reporting
- Easier multiple hierarchy setup
- Support: They assign a technical expert to your team, which we have used extensively. They are always very responsive.
- The spotlight XL add-in is a great tool and has made reporting extremely efficient. So easy to update with changes in your data.
- Continued enhancements in leading-edge technology - Ex. AI
- Multiple currency calculations/ consolidations support IFRS accounting
- Ability to inactivate old data dimensions
- Reporting - Need ability to expand all/collapse all lines easily
- Reporting - Formula exceptions added to a report do not update when information is revised.
- Automatic Sandbox refreshes initiated by Planful - When Planful does an automatic refresh of the sandbox environment, it copies any Boomi/integration connections.
- Limited to 8 data dimensions in core application
- Add more API connectors to make data integration easier
- Reporting makes it easy to "slice and dice" data as needed, as well as build out report sets that you can use to ensure the consistent look of reports like balance sheets.
- Data load rules and translation tables provide the flexibility to load data from multiple source systems with relative ease.
- Structured planning templates, combined with rolling forecasts, can dramatically cut down the time needed to get a baseline and make tweaks as desired.
- User security control could be more centralized on the platform, where you may need to navigate to multiple screens to ensure the access granted is what it should be, depending on your system setup.
- Dynamic planning (while certainly powerful and can help fulfill special use cases) does have more of a learning curve vs. other areas of Planful, especially if you are not using it frequently. That being said, Planful does have training and resources to help acquire that knowledge.
- Out-of-the-box intercompany reporting in the consolidation module can be tricky depending on how balances are booked in local source systems. Building reports using the intercompany dimension can be challenging depending on your specific company (entity) structure, but it can be done with some testing and validation.
- Template creation
- Hierarchy Management
- Excel reporting/functionality through Dynamic Planning
- UI can be inconsistent between modules (reporting vs structured planning for example)
- Dynamic Planning can only be used on Windows Excel. Mac support would be amazing
- Moving things around on a template is cumbersome
- Aggregates financial and non-financial data in a single platform
- Allows for complicated formulas in the building of financial models
- Creates a single source of the truth throughout the organization
- It can be slow when there is a large volume of data behind the calculations
- I can't keep up with the release improvements, so I feel I'm missing out on some good features
- I understand the need, but I hate updating my password every 90 days
- opening up the expense line to see the individual invoices
- exporting to excel
- I also use the different views to track budgets
- could scanned copies of invoices be attached?
- Budgeting Process
- Scenario analysis
- Load times on large data sets
- Workforce planning--managing a large number of employees across thousands of entities
- Excel report capabilities
- Dynamic reports within the platform
- Font and formatting options in dynamic reports
- Dashboards--more options for chart types and more flexibility in format; more useful format interface
- Administration is clunky and segmented; lots of ambiguous check boxes
- Direct integration to ERP systems with no manual intervention.
- Very quick processing of information & transition to Excel add-in.
- Friendly staff and a customer support team that has a desire to help adopt the product more efficiently.
- The Dashboards module is still a little clunky and restricted.
- Spotlight in Powerpoint and Word need to have more seamless data intervention (e.g., variance calculation capabilities) rather than direct queries. It could be very powerful if they developed the presentation aspect of their product.
- While constant development efforts ensue, training could improve to ensure power users are equipped with the skills to use the new products/developments efficiently.
- User friendly.
- Fewer clicks.
- I work mainly with Workforce Planning which does a great job of capturing labor
- The flexibility of capturing information by G/L account number and/or compensation items (such as Wages, OT and Shift differential that all go to the same G/L account) number is great!
- I wish there was a way to "combine" data/reporting between the financial cube and the Workforce Planning cube. There are times I need to dig down on the financial reports by employee and I don't have that capability.
Planful helps our clients to produce reports in a quicker, more efficient manner. It also helps our clients to prepare more meaningful reports and be able to trust their financial data more.
- Add-hoc reporting.
- Management reporting.
- Provide more training to their users.
Spotlight functionality within Planful is great and offers a familiar look and feel to our clients meaning that transition from using Excel to consolidate and and prepare reports to using Planful is very quick and smooth.
- Monthly reporting.
- External source linkages.
- Non-financial data.
- Organization-wide user base.
- Data visualization.
- HRIS integration.
- Non-user interface.
- Excel add-in (Spotlight) - integration in Excel is very good.
- Structured Planning - great tool to project budget and forecasts.
- Reports - It is the same idea as pivot tables, user-friendly.
- More details during the consolidation process, like estimated time to finish.
- Windows/Android/iOS Apps, sometimes is better than using directly from browsers.
- Upload directly from Excel, without using DLR, like one add-in as Spotlight.
- Always releasing system updates that improve the user experience.
- HR planning in Planful is great.
- Offering an annual user conference.
- Dashboarding module did not offer great visualization.
- Drilling through on actuals reports would be better if you could select multiple months at a time.
- I wish you could customize the columns in HR planning and the changes would save from month to month.
- Reporting. Once data is correctly imported into the system, a user can slice and dice to create reports outlining anything they can dream. It really is super powerful, even with just the UI, though becomes more powerful when you utilise MDX formulas etc.
- Consolidations. Often consolidation functionality in ERP systems is quite limited and depends on things such as the subsidiary structure, with Planful this restriction is not here and you are able to consolidate in many more ways, depending on needs.
- Training. The Planful training courses are quite basic. It provides factual information, and if you have a photographic memory you might remember it all; though with a lack of real life examples a user can relate to, it's difficult to remember the material in a useful way.
- Flexible- it always [has] various ways to summarize data/results
- Seeding - allows you to pre-populate budget data with historical data if you want
- Excel like - the templates for budget planning mimic Excel, so training and ease of use are much faster and easier for managers
- Workforce planning - reporting is not as smooth, it feels like an add-on and doesn't integrate with the rest of Planful as well as it could. While it has a lot of detail it is hard to review that detail in some instances.
- Import/upload function - while this is available in templates for budgeting to allow you to add Excel files, it is not necessarily available in just budgeting. Data load rules can help but we feel like they are not really as flexible as just an import/upload feature.
- Process of the cube after every change and modification during budgeting as well as processing the employees in Workforce planning is also not a smooth or easy as it could be.
- Inherent accounting logic: credit vs debit.
- Ease of use: Particularly reporting.
- Ease of adoption for end users: Excel syntax.
- Stability of environment.
- Support: It is a difficult service to consistently do well.
- Partner support.
- It's very friendly using.
- Nice, beautiful reporting formats.
- Always has new release features
- Searching entities in hierarchy
It's easy to use for end-users
Excellent customer services
- Very intuitive
- CAPEX projects are easy to enter and calculate the annual spend
- The data doesn't always output in the most clean format
- Reporting / Report Collectors
- Workforce Planning
- Hierarchy Management
- Capital Spend
- Customize navigation screen
- Simplify various Security settings
- Easy to use.
- [Planful] can run reports on several platforms so everyone in our team can use it.
- It helped us improve workflow.
- Formatting, excel is still a bit better.
- Sometimes not as intuitive as we hoped it to be.
- System has some bugs to be worked out.
We also use the reporting and analytics module for general monthly reporting and have replaced our legacy system generated P&Ls.
- Standardized reporting
- Hierarchy management
- Cube data storage
- Rigid templates
- Customer support
- Support ticket processing
It is less appropriate for very quick ad hoc analyses and can be difficult to maneuver on the fly, unless you are very comfortable with the inner workings.
- Sales / Revenue Planning
- Financial Modeling
- Operational Planning
- Driver Based Planning
- Financial Automation
- We haven't really had any problems
- Workforce planning is amazing. We can personalize each record, and updating is very simple.
- The ability to have a rolling forecast is very useful for us in an overhead department. It enables us to pull up information on what we are forecasting for company IT costs for the upcoming years.
- The flexibility of the program and the reporting has been extremely helpful for us.
- Dashboards need improvements. They are not easy to use for an overhead department using the tool.
- Additional dashboard training opportunities would be helpful and would greatly improve this feature.
- Data load rules can, at times, be complicated. We have 3rd party support, which makes this easier for us to use, but it is difficult to understand the consequences or downhill effects of what you are loading.