Very light, intuitive, and good learning curve.
Colin Jackson, CISSP, MMIS, GMON | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated February 18, 2020

Very light, intuitive, and good learning curve.

Overall Satisfaction with Planview LeanKit

LeanKit is a simple, intuitive way to create and track tasks for KANBAN. I've used others and I'm fairly happy with LeanKit. Integrates with SSO (Okta) and is very nice.
We use it for our team projects and constantly review from it. We also have shared LeanKit boards for cross-functional teams and mult-team collaboration projects. Tagging, external links to ticketing systems, etc. make it really nice.
  • Okta Integration: We love using SSO for all our SaaS apps, and as new team members join, they can be automatically joined to the appropriate LeanKit boards.
  • Filtering and viewing: Can filter and refine by several fields as well as custom fields. Assigned Users, Tagged, Card Type, Date, etc
  • Their analytics and reporting can be helpful for PMs, especially if they have several teams they oversee.
  • I like where they are going with integrations. I would like to see more integration with security monitoring and alerting tools. Might not be the right use case, but for what I do, that would be nice to have.
  • No negative impact that I've seen as a daily user. I think it works well for our complex org.
My team has much different workflows from an engineering and operational standpoint that most, so having the customizability was really nice for my unique team.
Reporting is nice. I don't use it very much, but my manager and those above rely on it heavily.
Better built, seems better for enterprise-level visibility and project planning.
Again, visibility and justification for people and resources. Also, allows to see roadblocks without needing to reach out to team members to see what was going on.
LeanKit seems to be more baked and more mature. The others listed are a little more siloed.
My team interfaces with IT Operations often. There are a lot of people that need to handle several projects and remediation/unplanned changes. LeanKit is helpful for that. You can link and reference cards across boards, so you aren't tracking the same thing across several different boards.

Planview LeanKit Feature Ratings