Not as sleek as Asana
Updated October 22, 2019

Not as sleek as Asana

Overall Satisfaction with Planview LeanKit

We use LeanKit across our entire organization. It helps us stay organized and understand what everyone is working on on a given day. It also helps us stay accountable since it is easy to see if someone does or does not have something to work on. It can also be used to assist our project manager since she can see who is in charge of what project.
  • Kanban style project management allows us to see projects in a "pipeline" view and understand what projects are finished and what projects are not finished.
  • Email notification feature is great if you are collaborating on a project with another person. Tagging can be used to notify a teammate that a step has been complete, for example.
  • Simple UI is not cluttered or overwhelming.
  • It would be nice to have a place to provide daily updates besides a comments section; perhaps a section that has a date and a status color (green/yellow/red).
  • UI is not very sleek or modern looking.
  • LeanKit has made it easier for new employees to understand other employees' roles in the company by seeing their workload.
  • It makes it clear who is responsible for what project so that there is more accountability at our company.
  • It helps our project manager schedule new projects in a way that we all can see.
I personally prefer Asana over LeanKit by quite a lot. I think that LeanKit is very similar to Asana's Kanban feature and Trello, but is much less sleek looking than Asana. Asana's clean and sleek UI makes me enjoy project management much more than LeanKit. It might sound silly that the UI makes so much of a difference to me, but it really does. Trello is also sleeker than LeanKit, but I still prefer Asana because it has the most customization options and the best interface overall.
Good if you are working with a team and are very organized. Also good if you are a project manager and need to be able to see what everyone is working on at a glance. Not so good for teams that don't have the bandwidth to be able to update a tool like this regularly and keep it organized. It's only as good as you're willing to make it.

Planview LeanKit Feature Ratings