User Review: "Podio...Facebook for Business"https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementPodioUnspecified7.5891012014-01-08T15:02:43.134Z
- As a seasoned IT professional responsible for developing business critical applications for a wide variety of industries I have a keen interest in new and innovative solutions for legacy and "new economy" companies. Like many other "grey beard" IT professionals, I have embraced the web based migration of all things IT. Just as we experienced in the 1980's and 90's as we transitioned from Main-Frames to PCs the pace of change in my field continues to accelerate. It takes real-world experience to recognize the "gems" in software applications and web services.
- Podio is a real gem. It builds on the strength of social media web design and marries it with business email applications to create an in-house communication system that has the granularity to manage projects and the extensibility to encompass Customer Relationship Management. Now add a simple programming paradigm for creating dashboard widgets and you see the power of Podio.
- Podio is unlike other web tools that just moved time proven technologies from the desktop to the browser. Not that Salesforce isn't a great database tool, but compared to Podio it is a hammer that sees everything as a nail while Podio is a box of legos.
- I downloaded, installed and tested many similar products before selecting Podio as the best of the bunch. Just check out their demos, forum, and support before you commit to an alternative product. Great solutions aren't just about bullet point features but require a ground swell of users to succeed. I believe Podio "has what it takes" to be the leader in their "solution sphere".
- They offer a generous community edition. Try it out in HR or MarCom. Easy enough for your Executive wing and cool enough for your interns. I say "You won't be sorry".
- More excellent video tutorials for building widgets and reports.
- I recommend this product to my clients. In business, I see poor communications in house and client side as the most significant drain on resources today. Podio turns email into an accessible conversation from beginning to end.
Podio is now part of VMWare. In today's IT environment keeping a service vibrant and available requires vision and financial backing. I think this team will continue to enhance Podio.