Overall Satisfaction with PowerDMS
Our agency uses PowerDMS for policy management, training records, forms management, and we hope to continue expanding out. We have our entire agency using it for policies and procedures. It has been excellent in ensuring the latest policies are available and in ensuring employees are receiving and reading them (through the acknowledgment receipt system in DMS). This was a problem originally as our documents were all Word files in a folder. We are also using it to store all our forms which users can use to retrieve and fill out. This reduced the amount of paperwork they needed to keep with them and allowed them to digitally fill out the form with their computers instead of by hand. Training records are a big part of what we also keep and PowerDMS has allowed us to create and store training records through their system using their Certificates module. This makes keeping track of who has what training MUCH easier, especially state and department mandated training or recurring training. The biggest thing PowerDMS has helped is our move towards accreditation. It is fully able to work with our state accreditation and they have it integrated into their system. This makes showing proofs a lot easier to search and show.
- Accreditation proofs are easy to look up and load into the system, making the assessments much easier.
- Training records are easy to find and manage.
- Policy management is great. It's easy to search, manage, and track who's properly signed off on new policies.
- Importing users would be a nice feature. Having a large number of users being importable through an Excel or SQL database would save a lot of time.
- We've significantly reduced forms management and needing blank forms on hand since they are stored in PowerDMS and can be accessed and printed as needed by the user.
- PowerDMS has made accountability by our users on reading and acknowledging policy and procedure change seamless and easily reportable.
PowerDMS is excellent if you're looking to better manage your training records, policy and procedures manual, and if you're working towards [being] or are accredited. If you're looking for solutions like a field training program or data entry, then this system isn't that and is more of a document management system (hence the DMS?) than a report management system.