A powerful CMS for small and large company needs.
November 18, 2018

A powerful CMS for small and large company needs.

Overall Satisfaction with Progress Sitefinity

Sitefinity is our content management system for our school district website and over 70 campus websites in addition to our internal website. We have multiple departments and every campus utilizes Sitefinity on a regular basis. Sitefinity drives our website related communications needs.
  • Documentation, community forums and communication from the company is helpful and thorough.
  • Support is very timely and effective.
  • A couple years ago Sitefinity made a choice to change the architecture of their CMS to be MVC. This was a massive improvement in my opinion. It makes development a lot more enjoyable.
  • I think Sitefinity's documentation is great. And there are plenty of code samples to pull from on github. But if they have to improve something I would put down a more active user community.
  • Improve workflow and overall efficiency
  • Maintain the site with less technical expertise
  • Build new tools and site features
I'm a long time Sitefinity user. We needed something that I could open up to many users with the ability to lock down many different options and create custom content items. All of this was achieved with Sitefinity. No only can you create custom content types but you can create custom options on how to manage them on a page. There are very few scenarios that can't be accomplished with Sitefinity and we only use a fraction of its abilities.
At the time of evaluation it was the best combination of price and features while being an enterprise-level product.
If you are looking for a .NET-based, enterprise-ready CMS that is powerful and customizable, then Sitefinity is a good choice. I needed a CMS that was affordable and could support unlimited users and that is what lead me to them.

Progress Sitefinity Feature Ratings