Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
It was being used by our organization for all accounting tasks such as month-end close, posting invoices, posting receivables, etc. It is the first accounting software we have used so it basically allows us to organize our transactions into profit and loss/balance sheets for all our entities. It has a lot of good short cuts to make posting transactions quicker.
- A plethora of good short cuts.
- Ease of posting journal entries.
- The advanced search feature.
- Managing multiple entities.
- Freezing during long journal entries.
- Inability to import journal entries.
- Meant for smaller businesses, we outgrew QuickBooks.
- The ROI was good for when we were a smaller company because it is a lot cheaper than other more sophisticated programs.
- The negative impact is that it caused a lot of extra manual entering and data entry that too often resulted in mistakes.