AppInternals - High Quality Full Stack Digginghttps://www.trustradius.com/application-performance-managementRiverbed SteelCentral AppInternalsUnspecified8.591012019-01-25T22:04:06.824Z
January 25, 2019
AppInternals - High Quality Full Stack Digging
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals
We use AppInternals to give us full stack visibility across cloud workloads and containers, showing full diagnostics for every transaction across our applications, which includes logs, network and payload data. We have a high number of applications spread across the organization, on-premise, and cloud-based. We had very little visibility into the stack trace of these applications.
- Full stack visibility into application data is excellent.
- Transaction element is very detailed and extremely helpful in diagnosing issues.
- The support element from Riverbed has been great, including the turn around time for the few issues we had.
- We found the platform slightly costly for the return. Having tried multiple products this was the best of the lot.
- We did find a few applications where the diagnostic data wasn't overly insightful.
- We were able to pinpoint app stack issues within the first days and issues we weren't aware of. Changes were made and the performance has been enhanced greatly since and this is due to AppInternals.
- The ability to drill into the diagnostic data is second to none. Pinpoints exactly where issues are and this saves troubleshooting time.
- By implementing AppInternals against the Dev environments, it also allowed future releases to be accelerated and be deployed cleaner and faster.
There is a wide variety of APM solutions out there for companies to pick from. Riverbed AppInternals sits near the top of the stack certainly. We already deploy steelhead units across the estate with client licenses, that aided us in our decision to select AppInternals. We found the costs of AppDynamics and New Relic ( which we had trials for) both costly against AppInternals.
If you have multiple applications deployed natively and cloud-based, then AppInternals will be well suited to you. If your applications use multiple technologies, then again, this will be well suited to you. We have offices and users across the globe, so we needed a platform where we could measure the data from multiple geographic locations.