Overall Satisfaction with Sage People
Sage People is used by our entire organization as our primary HR information system. We use it for our online recruitment and application process as well as for current employees. It provides self-service functionality for current employees, including features such as timecards, vacation/absence management, performance reviews, and online forms and benefits.
- It is completely web-based so both employees and HR administrators can access the software from anywhere with no need to install special software.
- Sage People is based on the Salesforce.com platform so it has a robust API which is well documented and easy to integrate with other systems.
- Sage People can integrate with almost any payroll system using their "Payflow" interface
- Customer support is responsive and helpful.
- We found out-of-the-box configuration and fields for employees and salary to be lacking and had to do extensive customization especially for salary.
- Basic salary functionality like uniform pay grades and automatic calculations based on FTE are lacking. This makes simple things like COLA adjustments to be a chore.
- It is very easy to customize, which is a "Pro", but also means that you might have to do quite a bit of customization to get it to do what you'd like.
- The employee Self-serve ("WX") interface can be a bit slow at times.
- Sage People has helped us to standardize our HR processes across a complex multinational environment. Overall, this has saved us time and resources
- Licensing can be expensive especially for HR administrator licenses, and non-profit pricing isn't as good as we would hope. However, in the long run, costs are saved because there is no need for internal infrastructures such as servers or client applications
- Integration with multiple payroll providers saves time and money and reduces the chance for errors.
We moved to Sage People from a 20+-year-old internally developed HR software. We also evaluated other HR software such as Kronos, SAP, and BambooHR. Ultimately, we chose Sage because of the extensive support they provided to us and the ability to customize to fit our organization's needs. We loved the fact that they were completely cloud-based and built on a reputable platform (Salesforce).
Sage People is well suited to small-medium sized organizations that would like a cloud-based HR solution with no need for servers or software to install. I really like the fact that it is based on Salesforce.com so you know that it will be extremely reliable and well supported. It is very flexible and customizable and can work in complex HR arrangements. For example, we have employees in nearly 60 countries and multiple HR jurisdictions and we are able to make it work for us. However, if you are moving from a traditional or customized HR system there may be a steep learning curve and you should be prepared to spend a lot of time setting up and customizing to your needs, in addition to training.