Overall Satisfaction with SaneBox
I get a ton of emails, including a lot of "FYI" emails and solicitations from outside vendors. SaneBox transparently filters my Inbox, sending CC'd emails, emails from unknown individuals, and newsletters into separate folders for me to process later. The only things that hit my Inbox are things I need to read now. Everything else gets processed once or twice a day. The best part is that I hardly know it's there. SaneBox quietly does its filtering without much setup required. To train, I simply drag an email into the folder where I want it, and the AI does the rest. I don't miss any important email now, I am able to successfully practice "Inbox Zero", and I save a few hours a week, which is well worth the investment!
- Only important email goes to the Inbox
- Easy to train by simply dragging email to folders
- AI does a great job of recognizing likely bulk mail or newsletters.
- Would love to see more robust/easier to configure subject line filtering.
- I respond more quickly to the right email messages, improving client satisfaction.
- I spend less time processing my email, which makes me more productive.
Do you think SaneBox delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SaneBox's feature set?
Did SaneBox live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SaneBox go as expected?
Would you buy SaneBox again?
SaneBox is great for anybody who a) gets a lot of emails, and b) needs to respond quickly to email. For example, as a consultant, it's important that I quickly read and respond to my clients' email messages. SaneBox would be less useful for people with low volumes of email, or where there is little or no email from external senders.