Evernote Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Eric Frazier profile photo
We use Evernote to store most of our day-to-day meeting notes, minutes and action items. Due to the popular "tag" feature, we are able to sort and file notes in specific "brain dumps" for easy navigation at a later date. The most comprehensive feature for our organization is the ability to share and interact with notes as a team, from separate departments within the business.
  • Offline access.
  • Sharing capabilities.
  • Syncing across multiple platforms and devices.
  • Server reliability.
  • More features for Premium users.
  • Reliable customer service.
I like Evernote for it's sharing and syncing capabilities, paired with the offline mode which is second to none in the note-sharing and note-taking space. If there could be better Premium offerings to justify the upgrade, such as unique note-taking capabilities, dedicated customer support or an enhanced scanning feature, it would create a better ROI.
Read Eric Frazier's full review
Tanner Holt profile photo
October 28, 2019

Evernote Review

It is more used as an individual tool. Our company teaches GTD training and Evernote can be used as a capture tool. I have seen many individuals use it as a way to capture ideas that they need to go back to later, and notes for meetings.
  • Syncing to multiple devices.
  • Quick to capture notes and thoughts.
  • Easy to use layout.
  • Sometimes when using images it is hard to add text to the bottom.
  • I wish I could turn notes into notebooks after published.
  • Sometimes the clipper adds the notes into random places if you are not careful.
It is a great tool for capturing ideas and organizing them. It should be used with other tools and collaboration methods, but I like how easy it is to capture items and copy and paste them into other needed or mandated software. It is great for things you want to go back and review later, but not the best if you are needing alarms to remind you to look at it.
Read Tanner Holt's full review
Prathamesh Warude profile photo
  • Evernote was used to keep capture ideas and keep all the information in one place.
  • It helped to track and manage projects.
  • It acted as a data center where team members could access the data anywhere.
  • It also helped to keep track of what the team members are working on and what will is the next task assigned to them.
  • It helps to track time.
  • Web clipping is very helpful to capture web documents and save them directly.
  • We can share the documents with our team members.
  • We can sketch our thoughts and ideas instantly and save it on any device.
  • The pricing of Evernote is a bit on the higher side.
  • Sometimes the app is very slow and feels glitchy.
Evernote is very well suited to use when you get an amazing idea out of nowhere and you want to record it. It allows seamless sync on your devices. It is very useful to create a quick to-do list and manage your daily tasks. However, if in a meeting and you list to-do items it does not recognize it. Hence, it would be a great feature if Evernote can recognize to-do tasks.
Read Prathamesh Warude's full review
Bart Caylor profile photo
October 17, 2019

Trusted Resource

I use Evernote as my "peripheral" brain. All of my scans and filing goes into Evernote and any interesting articles, as well as a reference I want to hold onto.
  • Search and find - I really like that I can just scan it and forget it, but able to search and find what I need.
  • Ever-present - I like that Evernote is in the cloud and accessible from any computer or mobile device. It has saved me in a pinch when I was remote and had to log in via a public computer to access something.
  • Easy to use and simple interface.
  • Over the years, they have a lot more things I really don't need or use.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to share the docs with non-Evernote users. There are ways, but they are not intuitive.
Evernote is very good at the storage of archive information.
Read Bart Caylor's full review
Justin McClelland profile photo
Evernote has been a great tool to organize notes and project details. The feature that allows one to search all of the notes has proven to be invaluable. And with the capability to sync notes across multiple devices, Evernote is a must for how we run our business.
  • Syncs across multiple devices
  • Search capability of notes
  • The note editor is very simple and functional, it allows for notes to contain various media content
  • The integration of notes into Google Calendar would be useful, thus allowing one to see what date notes where created and by who
  • Setting reminders on notes so that you could get an email reminder to revisit the note
  • Being able to speak notes into transcription would be useful
Evernote is great for recording notes and sharing them with a team for collaboration. It also has a great OCR feature where you can take a photo of text and Evernote is able to read the characters and include the photos in search results. This app is well suited for anyone or any team looking to vastly increase their organization and output.
Read Justin McClelland's full review
Aditya Gollakota profile photo
Evernote is used as a notetaking and collaboration tool across the organization due to its cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. The platform is very handy for taking minutes of a meeting during various team meetings and conference calls.
  • Cross-platform compatibility
  • Ease of use
  • Ability to merge photos/video into notes
  • Integration with Office 365
  • Universal clipboard across devices
Evernote is very well suited to be used across desktop and mobile, whereas we tend to use OneNote mostly on the desktop due to its integration with Office 365. Evernote is very good at adding in photos/video or even scribbles into various notes.
Read Aditya Gollakota's full review
Joel McAfee profile photo
Our organization typically uses services like Google Docs/Google Drive, Trello, and Apple's Notes to share or collaborate - however, Evernote is a great tool for individual note-making and organization on our team. It's inevitable everyone needs their own personal space to track meeting notes, research, and a general place to log information and Evernote provides a great solution for not just text, but for clipping websites, saving PDFs, images, etc.
  • For one, Evernote takes the note-making up a notch by allowing you to include more than just text. It integrates the modern age into note-making by allowing hyperlinks, websites, and social media posts to be attached within a specific note.
  • You can tag specific notes so that you can perform a search or organize by a given topic/name. This is helpful as often notes are made when and wherever you are and this extra layer of organization is a great way to keep track of specific notes.
  • One strength for Evernote is the syncing across multiple devices. Once you create your account you can add Evernote to your phone and multiple computers (3 for free I believe) and it syncs automatically. You can pay for even more devices if need be. This is a great way to have your notes available no matter where you are.
  • One minor area where Evernote can be improved is the user interface. Though it is not complicated by any means, it does feel a little clunky. The way it's laid out on my computer has a middle window when in notebook view that shows some of the text from the note in a paper-like preview but has a ton of dead space to the right. I say it's minor as you can adjust this space or choose a different view, but by default, it requires a bit of manipulation to make the window layout in a way that is pleasing and easier to use.
  • Simple complaint here but deleting a note on a Mac is surprisingly tough. You can't just hit delete, and often the right click window doesn't appear depending on where you click.
  • I think in general it has so many options for making notes it is a little convoluted. It would seem a simpler toolbar at the top with icons showing how you can add notes would be better than dropdown lists in the top menu. It feels a little antiquated.
Evernote is well suited for the individual who accepts notes, feedback, tracks important documents or websites, and who needs to record visual, voice, or any form of notes anytime, anywhere. It may not be the best application for typing out a document that you would deliver to a client (though certainly possible). It gives you an incredibly versatile platform for users who just need to make notes and access/find them anywhere. As a project manager, I find Evernote incredibly useful as a worksheet for starting and keeping up with project notes.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Multiple people in our organization use Evernote regularly. For me, the biggest use is meeting notes. Every time a meeting starts, I'm using a Meeting Notes template to take notes on action items/todos, outstanding questions, etc.

It's honestly an extension of my brain at this point. I'm not sure what I'd do without it. I like that I can create checklists of items to cover in a one on one, or simply a list of tasks.

If I'm working on a project with others, I can share the note and collaborate on it much like a Google doc, but it feels more private because it's not owned by Google.
  • Meeting notes - every meeting I'm a part of gets a note in Evernote. When I'm trying to remember what was said, who said it, or who committed to a specific task, I refer to my Evernote notes.
  • Cross-platform - The real draw for our organization is that it doesn't matter if someone is on a Mac or PC, or prefers Firefox over Chrome. It just works and looks good doing it. There are some great platform-specific note-taking apps that are pretty enticing as a Mac user, but for an organization, we need the flexibility of it being platform-independent.
  • Collaboration - you can share notes with others who can contribute and edit. This is good for working through a new piece of documentation. Collaborators can work on it privately before posting to our company Wiki.
  • I'd like to see more flexibility around the collaboration aspect. I really like the "view only" and "comment only" features of Google docs. I think this would be a great addition to the collaboration tools.
  • For individual users or people with small budgets, the "Upgrade" popups/reminders can be pretty invasive. I wish they were slightly less aggressive, but I understand they have a business to run as well. My wish would be to communicate the upgrade options via email vs. in-app. For my personal accounts, I'd be much more apt to purchase an upgrade if the pricing was closer to Bear's less-expensive option.
  • This is probably more of a niche feature, but markdown support would help some more technical users IMO, and competitors like Bear offer this as an option.
It's great for collaboration on document drafts, meeting notes, and simply unloading things from your brain to a safe place. It is a great tool for standardizing note-taking across an organization because of its platform independence.

It does lack some flexibility if you want to share with "Editors" to make suggestions. The only current option for collaboration is equivalent to Google docs "Edit" collaboration feature, which is a lot.

Overall, still one of the best pure note-taking options out there that work on pretty much every device/browser.
Evernote is an optional tool that is utilized by team members to track projects and organize notes into one central location. When I originally started using Evernote eleven years ago, it was the best cloud-based notetaking software available which was compatible with pen-enabled Wacom tablet PCs. Since then this software has grown into a versatile platform full of more features than I could have ever imagined needing eleven years ago when I created my first note.
  • Handwriting Note Sketching: Automated scripts to convert rough lines into perfectly straight lines and circles makes life extremely easy for note-taking. I have always enjoyed the capability of writing notes directly in the Evernote software using my Wacom Tablet PC's
  • Organizing Notes: Not only can notes be organized by notebooks and notebook groups, but one can also tag notes to organize relevant thoughts/projects within the same notebook.
  • Related Notes: Automated system which reviews the contents of current notes and recommends related notes in your notebook. I cannot tell you how many times I've forgotten about another note buried in the archive related to some projects I'm currently working on.
  • Note Searching - Easy to search through documents, handwritten notes, photos, and PDF documents stored in your notebooks to find exactly what you're looking for. My search hasn't failed me in eleven years, I can always find a note/thought I'm looking for.
  • Cross-platform accessibility: This was the largest draw for me originally. The ability to jot a note on my work PC, and have access to those notes on any device, even a smartphone with no internet access (offline mode activated).
  • Note History: Excellent feature added eight years ago which tracks note changes over time. It's been quite handy to recover data accidentally erased and remained unnoticed for weeks/months.
  • Excellent clipping application for PC: low resource usage and I appreciate how different hotkeys allow the user to chose how to take a screenshot (save to Evernote, save to desktop, save to clipboard). I cannot even estimate how many times per day I use the Evernote screen clipper function.
  • Note Synchronization: Notes are always synchronized so the most recent version is presented across all devices.
  • Individual data encryption security: While selected text data within notes can be encrypted, there isn't a way to encrypt entire sensitive notes which contain other embedded media files (such as photos and pdfs)
  • Notebook Listing Customization: Can be challenging to find the desired notebook in a large list of notebooks. Grouping Notebooks only stacks one layer deep, making it impossible to create neat notebook layer stacks. Notebooks also lack fields for longer descriptions, so one must use descriptive Notebook names to avoid confusion later
  • HTML Formatting: Copy/pasting from web pages into an Evernote document can be challenging as it can screw up formatting sometimes quite significantly. Fortunately, there are now "Simply Formatting" and "Remove Formatting" functions to help one clean up notes. This helps but it's not always a perfect solution. I often use the "Paste without formatting" function to avoid any problems when pasting content from the clipboard into a note.
Evernote works perfectly for someone looking to organize their thoughts, notes, memories, or ideas on a cloud-based solution, especially if they desire access to these notes across multiple devices including PCs and Smartphones. I feel Evernote is less ideal for someone concerned about maximum data security looking to store their notes on a single device with no redundancy or online backups.
Evernote is used by our organization on an individual level. Evernote is a fabulous note-taking and organization platform that makes it easy to stay on top of meeting and conference notes. Evernote saves notes in real time and allows the user to organize their notes as well as share with other potential team members.
  • Autosaves notes in real time
  • Allows for sharing
  • Makes it easy to create new notes and look back on old notes
  • Requires WiFi connection
  • Not as many people in my organization use Evernote
  • I wish there was more customization and color features
Evernote is a platform that is well suited for taking notes during meetings, phone calls, conferences, etc. It is also great for organizing personal information and event planning. Evernote may be less suitable or appropriate for organization-wide collaboration. I haven't used it across various teams so it may be something that would work for other companies.
We currently use Evernote as a virtual filing cabinet. Our administrative team has access to it and we can share folders (or "notebooks") or files ("notes") with people outside of our organization who may need access to certain information. We started using Evernote because we are an e-commerce business and many employees were working remotely and didn't always have access to our physical filing cabinet when they would need to find certain documents.
  • OCR - Text Recognition. Evernote's ability to search within documents is incredible. It can even read handwritten notes!
  • Affordable pricing for small businesses.
  • Evernote makes it easy to files things away that you may later want to find and use later without cluttering and taking up a lot of space on your computer. This makes accessing information from multiple devices a breeze.
  • We would love to see Evernote offer a better way to back up your notes and notebooks locally. For example, you can't just export all your notes in their original format to a folder on your computer or external hard drive.
  • I wish there were a better way to "leave Evernote". Once you start using Evernote for "all the things". It is difficult to part ways, because how are you then going to access all of your content. While, of course, no business ever wants to make it easy for their users to leave. It would be nice, for really small companies, to have the ability to "pause" their subscription without losing all of their data.
  • While some people may love this feature, we don't. We like documents to be sorted by date. When it was created or saved not by when it was last modified. With Evernote, when you make an edit to note, it then moves that note up in order, as if it is new. We'd like to see Evernote give you the option of leaving it where it is or "updating" it's time stamp.
Evernote is great if you love notes, if you love to store crazy amounts of information that you may or may ever look back on, if you like to collaborate with people on certain things, and if you need to have access to files from multiple devices (without setting up something like Dropbox or remote access to a server and such.) It's not well suited for businesses that do not do a lot of collaborating or individuals who can manage their files efficiently on their own computer or hard drive.
October 18, 2019

Anatomy of Evernote

Evernote is primarily being used as a document collaboration tool in our organization. While it is a very simple tool, it just solves that basic problem.
  • The beauty of Evernote is that it is device and operating system agnostic. We write on our app and it shows up on the web seamlessly.
  • I like this better than One Note as it is much lighter and has not crashed on me even once. Creating personal tags is very convenient.
  • Providing good integrations with snapshot tools would be very convenient. I can still attach the photos or screenshots but it is not simple.
  • When I used Evernote, it did not have to-do lists. This was very-painful to manually go and add bullet points for a simple task.
Evernote was first in the market to provide a lot of easy with document collaborations. I think it has lost its edge to a lot of other simple products like Apple Notes, Google Docs or Microsoft OneNote. People prefer native apps that come preinstalled on their devices already as compared to going to the app store to install something new. But, Evernote still does a good job in document collaborations.
Evernote is really useful for keeping track of relevant information. In our case, we use it to keep track of admissions notes as well as recruitment notes for applicants. We also use Evernote during our meetings to keep track of minutes and anything that may arise.
  • Evernote is really easy to use.
  • Syncing across devices is really useful.
  • The sort function is really helpful for searching through notes.
  • Formating could use some improvement. Although there are options, there aren't nearly as many as in Microsoft products.
  • A reminder function would be really helpful, perhaps integrating Evernote and a calendar app would be great.
  • Simultaneous editing would be useful, like in Google Docs.
Evernote is great for keeping track of meeting minutes, or in our case, we use it to leave notes for other recruitment workers. It helps because we work in shifts, so leaving notes for the next person about people who have called in or emailed is useful.
There are a number of products that allow you to sync content from one PC to another (using the cloud) but almost no others that allow OCR on all your documents for internal content searches. It allows segmentation of date by type and project or interest as well as supporting all types of document formats. The Web Clipper function is outstanding and allows you to quickly add information to Evernote.
  • Search INSIDE documents with an OCR like function.
  • Multi-platform support: MacOS, Windows and Smartphone (both Android and iPhone).
  • On and offline folders for sync.
  • Low cost for large amounts of storage.
  • Web Clipper for Firefox seems different than for Chrome with regards to "simplified article" clipping.
  • There has been some movement of pricing plans that might still need some fine-tuning.
The key to getting the most out of Evernote is the amount of data and documents you put in the tool. When I first started using it I only put a hand full of web clippings, documents and newspaper articles (to be read later). I was very work-project-focused. After using it casually for over a year, I read an article that someone found it much more useful after putting almost everything they were working on in Evernote. I agree. The more data I have in Evernote the better the search results and the more I can see links between things I have saved over multiple years. I like to think of it as a "personal library." I have not done a lot of sharing with others but I know you can also use it as a collaboration tool.
I use Evernote on my desktop and mobile phone to capture industry-related articles, white papers, videos, and other educational content. I typically use this content to share with clients and prospects but also save information that I know I want to come back to and read for myself.
  • Evernote is great and makes it easy to save content found on the Internet.
  • I love the way that it organizes all the content and makes it easy to find.
  • And since I’m on my phone so often it’s great that it’s mobile-friendly as well.
  • I would love to see more integrations with other document management systems, like Share Drive and Google Drive.
Evernote is great for capturing information you need to come back to later or share with colleagues. I don’t only use it as a professional tool, but also as a personal tool for saving things like recipes, products I might be shopping for, and much more. The uses are endless!
August 28, 2019

Evernote Review

Currently, it is being used by me for tracking and organization of information and processes. We tried to use it for the whole team but they are not ready for it. As the director, I need to have a lot of information at my finger tips. Evernote is wonderful in that I can save resources in an organized way but also tag them. Then I can just search by tags to help me find everything related to the information I need.
  • Organization
  • Tags
  • Sorting
  • Sharing
  • Checklists
Evernote is perfect for organizing information and sharing information in a team. It does not work like a document that can be edited, but more as a resource location. I would think of it almost as a library that everyone can add to, edit to keep up to date, tag, and easily refer to. While Evernote does have a checklist function, it does not really work for sharing to-do lists that need to be tracked or that need to have due dates, etc. assigned.
Paul Weber profile photo
Evernote is something I use to manage y personal knowledge system. Anything text based that needs to be kept for long term reference is added to Evernote, where it stays universally accessible and searchable. In some limited cases I also create documents for one way sharing (but not collaboration), including things like lists for employees that I manage to reference.
  • Evernote does a great job integrating with other platforms. I use the Outlook, Chrome, and Slack connections, as well as using direct App links from tasks in Todoist.
  • Evernote does a good job of making search work - even inside scanned documents. That saves me time needing to label, tag, and rename files and lets me just store them and move on knowing I'll be able to find them again later.
  • Evernote works well (but not identically) across platforms. Mac and PC are almost identical, but the way it is laid out and offers text formatting and photo capture on a mobile is great for that platform.
  • Evernote really made me question my use when they changed their payment model a couple years ago. Admittedly, I had never paid for it and this change would move me to being a paid user - but I was happy enough with the system (and it has continued to improve) that I now pay happily for their base subscription level.
  • Evernote can be annoying with asking you to pay (or increase your subscription) incessantly. Every time I attach a Word doc it reminds me that I can search inside these with the next level of payment - just take no for an answer rather than harassing me to pay 5x a day!
  • Changes aren't always clearly communicated and getting started can be difficult. I had an account that sat gathering dust for years until I bit the bullet and took a course - now I'm happy I did, but not everyone is willing to invest that much time and money just to try something.
Evernote is great as the digital equivalent of sweeping things under the rug. It's not gone, but not in your face. It's much easier to find later - which makes me feel like I'm cheating at being organized. Evernote is great for plain text or basic text, but formatting and robust documents feel clunky and cause issues - so I usually avoid those types of projects or simply attach a Word document.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Rob Battaglia profile photo
December 11, 2018

Using Evernote

Evernote is a great tool to share notes with others and keep track of your to-do lists. The program can be installed on multiple platforms and if you have multiple users log into the same account they can all see the lists and contribute to them. It is great to see what has been done so tasks are not repeated or forgotten.
  • Share information
  • Track task completion
  • get reminders
  • Allow more devices to be added to account
  • Can be pricey for multiple users
  • Would like more interaction with other programs
Evernote is well suited to companies that need to share lists, schedules and to-dos with multiple users across their network. This program would work great for contractors that need to keep track of current jobs including scheduling and equipment needed.
Read Rob Battaglia's full review
Sam Goodwin profile photo
We use Evernote to keep track of our daily action item list, also, as our idea hub. When using Evernote, we find that it is a simple way to create a note, put down and share ideas and also clip useful information from the web. When searching for past ideas or notes, the search feature is very simple to use. All in all, it's been a great tool for us keeping track of most business action items.
  • Web clipping, from the entire page to a simplified article.
  • Note creation and sharing with team members
  • Simplistic use
  • Some of the creation of tables inside Evernote can be challenging at times, but this has gotten better as of late
From the solo business owner to a midsize company, Evernote can be a lifesaver. Having the ability to sync with my mobile devices and share specific notes to team members has been a big help. Oh, did I mention the ease of use? If you can point and click, then you should be able to use Evernote.
Read Sam Goodwin's full review
Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP profile photo
I utilize Evernote across the entire company. By creating folders for content, Evernote easily keeps information organized and at my fingertips either in the office or on the go. With the installation of Evernote's Web clipper on the desktop, I can easily save an article in a folder to read later and organize it at the same time!
  • Organizing content from applicable articles or notes from a conference.
  • Evernote allows me to create a new note with handwritten notations when using a keyboard just doesn't make sense.
  • I visit many college campuses every year all over the country, Evernote allows me to take photos of the campus while keeping them organized by location!
  • It used to automatically capture business card information, but no longer has this feature. It's missed.
  • Allowing a platform for users to create a CRM system would be awesome!
  • Finding your notes and notebooks on the mobile version is a little muddy. Clean up the steps!
One of the best uses for the conference attendee is capturing presentations by taking a photo of the "slide" and organizing your notes on what each presentation is all about. When you get back to the office you've then got all your notes and ideas in one place and can review with fellow colleagues.
Read Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP's full review
Hope Cutchins profile photo
We use Evernote across the organization to take notes and share them with others. It has some helpful functionality like handwriting and web clipping that aren't provided by some of the other document sharing applications we use.
  • Evernote is great for keeping organized folders of notes. You can also add "tags" to notes to further organize them.
  • In personal use, I love the web clipping function for saving recipes.
  • Simultaneous editing would be a helpful feature (score one for Google Drive).
Evernote is great for taking quick notes on the go, and you can access them from your phone or computer later. It provides a lot of functionality for organizing notes into different notebooks and categories. I use it both for work notes and personal lists and notes.
Read Hope Cutchins's full review
John Readwin profile photo
I use Evernote for helping keep track of my client profiles, which includes specifics on their equipment and the work I have done for them, as well as work I need to do for them in the future. I also track technical notes in separate notebooks and tag articles for quick future reference. When I'm researching an issue for a client I may have to go through dozens of websites, then I use Evernote to capture the "best" sites and or articles along with my notes for future reference. I have over a dozen different notebooks for tracking business and personal notes/sites/documents.
  • I love that I can drag and drop sites and files etc. I can have a URL, my own notes and PDF on the same note.
  • Sometimes you want something very structured, sometimes you want something more free flowing like Evernote.
  • Super fast searching with my own tags makes organizing my notes very easy.
  • Ability to easily add the same note to multiple notebooks (alias).
  • It would also be nice to have control over how many "recent notes" are shown by default.
  • Ability to resize and or markup images directly within Evernote.
Anyone who wants/needs to keep track of a lot of notes, broken down by notebooks with the ability to add tags for quick searching that are accessible across devices or anywhere. This is where Evernote shines. If you only want a few notes with some formatting, etc. Apple's built-in notes will do just fine.
Read John Readwin's full review
Evernote is a fantastic resource to save and organize notes and smaller pieces of information. When Evernote first started it the ubiquity of smart devices and syncing was a HUGE advantage. As opposed to saving information in email drafts so it could be seen on the go, you could save it in Evernote! Best of all it would be there at your desk (computer) and on the go (iPhone/smartphone).

Evernote has made strides including its own app, being able to save other file types, and most recently they have added templates.

It would be hard for me to write complex reports and make spreadsheets and tables in Evernote - those require extensive formatting, will be viewed by others as word files, etc. Formatting has long been an area where Evernote lagged, but that is improving with templates.

While it started out as a notetaking app, now that we have smartphones and can manage other file types on the go, Evernote has added that capability to embed and save a picture or PDF to a note file. The search and folder/tagging function makes keeping Evernote content organized easier.
  • Syncing. Your notes and content update well across devices but will require internet connectivity.
  • Organization of notes via search, tagging, even location, time stamps, and folders is incredibly helpful.
  • Formatting was a complaint of mine for a long time. It is not as robust as Microsoft Word, but it is improving.
  • The ability to do simple calculations. Say you have a list of ten items and want to sum the cost - that cannot be done in Evernote automatically.
Evernote is not the best for sharing content among team members in a timely fashion the way that many organizations do with email. Slack can be used for even faster results and a streamlined conversation.
December 14, 2018

Notes on the go

Evernote is being used by me for the independent company I run by myself, so it helps me set my reminders and notes on projects and the fact that it syncs to all my devices makes life so much better and more coordinated. Evernote is quite efficient in its updates in the background, therefore, I do not encounter any crashes or issues with the software. Great templates for notes and, not to forget, it has note detection to scan and upload and merge to existing notes.
  • Coordination between multiple devices synchronizing.
  • Notes for project reporting.
  • Sharing notes.
Well suited for simple, straightforward notes. Not for complex office tabulation. This is more placed to compete with Word or Notepad, as for follow-up notes and meeting minutes.
Seth Price profile photo
We don't use it as an organization, it's been a staple for my own personal use for at least 6 years. I moved away from using paper notes years ago, Evernote is my "notepad" for everything that I do both in business and my personal life. I use it both on my computer and my mobile devices.
  • note taking
  • attachments
  • sharing information
  • mobility
  • document repository
I believe it's well suited for both business and personal life. Adoption by an organization with the ability to have both personal and team notebooks is something you don't see done as well as Evernote anywhere else. Would be great if it integrated better with Office 365.
Read Seth Price's full review

Access control (38)
File search (44)
Device sync (42)
9.4
User and role management (32)
File organization (42)
Device management (36)
Performance (41)
Reliability (42)
9.2
Storage Reports (28)

About Evernote

Evernote is a suite of software and services designed for notetaking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched and exported as part of a notebook. Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms (including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and webOS) and also offers online synchronisation and backup services.

Evernote Integrations