Evernote is a suite of software and services designed for notetaking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched and exported as part of a notebook. Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms (including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and webOS) and also offers online synchronisation and backup services.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/pd/EM/EE22Q0XN8S1Q.JPEGA digital black hole - until you need it!Evernote is something I use to manage y personal knowledge system. Anything text based that needs to be kept for long term reference is added to Evernote, where it stays universally accessible and searchable. In some limited cases I also create documents for one way sharing (but not collaboration), including things like lists for employees that I manage to reference.,Evernote does a great job integrating with other platforms. I use the Outlook, Chrome, and Slack connections, as well as using direct App links from tasks in Todoist. Evernote does a good job of making search work - even inside scanned documents. That saves me time needing to label, tag, and rename files and lets me just store them and move on knowing I'll be able to find them again later. Evernote works well (but not identically) across platforms. Mac and PC are almost identical, but the way it is laid out and offers text formatting and photo capture on a mobile is great for that platform.,Evernote really made me question my use when they changed their payment model a couple years ago. Admittedly, I had never paid for it and this change would move me to being a paid user - but I was happy enough with the system (and it has continued to improve) that I now pay happily for their base subscription level. Evernote can be annoying with asking you to pay (or increase your subscription) incessantly. Every time I attach a Word doc it reminds me that I can search inside these with the next level of payment - just take no for an answer rather than harassing me to pay 5x a day! Changes aren't always clearly communicated and getting started can be difficult. I had an account that sat gathering dust for years until I bit the bullet and took a course - now I'm happy I did, but not everyone is willing to invest that much time and money just to try something.,9,Evernote lets me store things but not spend time organizing them, which saves me a ton of time It lets me access anything anytime, so I can keep things forever but not have them in my way until I need them. Keep a receipt in case my fridge dies in 9 years - no reason not to! It lets me keep "living" documents and control who has access - to view or to collaborate.,OneNote,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe PhotoshopUsing EvernoteEvernote is a great tool to share notes with others and keep track of your to-do lists. The program can be installed on multiple platforms and if you have multiple users log into the same account they can all see the lists and contribute to them. It is great to see what has been done so tasks are not repeated or forgotten.,Share information Track task completion get reminders,Allow more devices to be added to account Can be pricey for multiple users Would like more interaction with other programs,10,Easier to collaborate on jobs Users can add to notes for all to see multiple user access to same list of notes,QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office 2016, PDF Xchange Viewer and Editor, OneNote, Snagit, Acronis BackupSuper Easy To Use Note & Information KeeperWe use Evernote to keep track of our daily action item list, also, as our idea hub. When using Evernote, we find that it is a simple way to create a note, put down and share ideas and also clip useful information from the web. When searching for past ideas or notes, the search feature is very simple to use. All in all, it's been a great tool for us keeping track of most business action items.,Web clipping, from the entire page to a simplified article. Note creation and sharing with team members Simplistic use,Some of the creation of tables inside Evernote can be challenging at times, but this has gotten better as of late,10,We have been able to save about 35 working hours a year per person, by just using Evernote to curate our notes and ideas.,Trello,WORK[etc], MailChimp, HubSpot CRMOrganizing Every Note with EvernoteI utilize Evernote across the entire company. By creating folders for content, Evernote easily keeps information organized and at my fingertips either in the office or on the go. With the installation of Evernote's Web clipper on the desktop, I can easily save an article in a folder to read later and organize it at the same time!,Organizing content from applicable articles or notes from a conference. Evernote allows me to create a new note with handwritten notations when using a keyboard just doesn't make sense. I visit many college campuses every year all over the country, Evernote allows me to take photos of the campus while keeping them organized by location!,It used to automatically capture business card information, but no longer has this feature. It's missed. Allowing a platform for users to create a CRM system would be awesome! Finding your notes and notebooks on the mobile version is a little muddy. Clean up the steps!,9,It has positively impacted the immediate access to information. It has added value to the company's organization of information. It has complimented the need for a resource for capturing photos and details on campus visits.,,1Password, QuickBooks Online, ZoomEvernote is great for professional and personal notes!We use Evernote across the organization to take notes and share them with others. It has some helpful functionality like handwriting and web clipping that aren't provided by some of the other document sharing applications we use.,Evernote is great for keeping organized folders of notes. You can also add "tags" to notes to further organize them. In personal use, I love the web clipping function for saving recipes.,Simultaneous editing would be a helpful feature (score one for Google Drive).,10,Evernote has made it easier than ever to share meeting notes throughout the organization.,Google Drive,WordPress, Canva
Evernote

Evernote Reviews

Evernote
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 1278 vetted Evernote reviews and ratings

Paul Weber profile photo
December 21, 2018

Evernote Review: "A digital black hole - until you need it!"

• Evernote does a great job integrating with other platforms. I use the Outlook, Chrome, and Slack connections, as well as using direct App links from tasks in Todoist.
  • Evernote does a good job of making search work - even inside scanned documents. That saves me time needing to label, tag, and rename files and lets me just store them and move on knowing I'll be able to find them again later.
  • Evernote works well (but not identically) across platforms. Mac and PC are almost identical, but the way it is laid out and offers text formatting and photo capture on a mobile is great for that platform.
  • Evernote really made me question my use when they changed their payment model a couple years ago. Admittedly, I had never paid for it and this change would move me to being a paid user - but I was happy enough with the system (and it has continued to improve) that I now pay happily for their base subscription level.
  • Evernote can be annoying with asking you to pay (or increase your subscription) incessantly. Every time I attach a Word doc it reminds me that I can search inside these with the next level of payment - just take no for an answer rather than harassing me to pay 5x a day!
  • Changes aren't always clearly communicated and getting started can be difficult. I had an account that sat gathering dust for years until I bit the bullet and took a course - now I'm happy I did, but not everyone is willing to invest that much time and money just to try something.
Evernote is great as the digital equivalent of sweeping things under the rug. It's not gone, but not in your face. It's much easier to find later - which makes me feel like I'm cheating at being organized. Evernote is great for plain text or basic text, but formatting and robust documents feel clunky and cause issues - so I usually avoid those types of projects or simply attach a Word document.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Rob Battaglia profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Using Evernote"

• Share information
  • Track task completion
  • get reminders
  • Allow more devices to be added to account
  • Can be pricey for multiple users
  • Would like more interaction with other programs
Evernote is well suited to companies that need to share lists, schedules and to-dos with multiple users across their network. This program would work great for contractors that need to keep track of current jobs including scheduling and equipment needed.
Read Rob Battaglia's full review
Sam Goodwin profile photo
December 11, 2018

Evernote Review: "Super Easy To Use Note & Information Keeper"

• Web clipping, from the entire page to a simplified article.
  • Note creation and sharing with team members
  • Simplistic use
  • Some of the creation of tables inside Evernote can be challenging at times, but this has gotten better as of late
From the solo business owner to a midsize company, Evernote can be a lifesaver. Having the ability to sync with my mobile devices and share specific notes to team members has been a big help. Oh, did I mention the ease of use? If you can point and click, then you should be able to use Evernote.
Read Sam Goodwin's full review
Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Organizing Every Note with Evernote"

• Organizing content from applicable articles or notes from a conference.
  • Evernote allows me to create a new note with handwritten notations when using a keyboard just doesn't make sense.
  • I visit many college campuses every year all over the country, Evernote allows me to take photos of the campus while keeping them organized by location!
  • It used to automatically capture business card information, but no longer has this feature. It's missed.
  • Allowing a platform for users to create a CRM system would be awesome!
  • Finding your notes and notebooks on the mobile version is a little muddy. Clean up the steps!
One of the best uses for the conference attendee is capturing presentations by taking a photo of the "slide" and organizing your notes on what each presentation is all about. When you get back to the office you've then got all your notes and ideas in one place and can review with fellow colleagues.
Read Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP's full review
Hope Cutchins profile photo
December 10, 2018

Review: "Evernote is great for professional and personal notes!"

• Evernote is great for keeping organized folders of notes. You can also add "tags" to notes to further organize them.
  • In personal use, I love the web clipping function for saving recipes.
  • Simultaneous editing would be a helpful feature (score one for Google Drive).
Evernote is great for taking quick notes on the go, and you can access them from your phone or computer later. It provides a lot of functionality for organizing notes into different notebooks and categories. I use it both for work notes and personal lists and notes.
Read Hope Cutchins's full review
John Readwin profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "Evernote is a flexible and full featured Note software"

I use Evernote for helping keep track of my client profiles, which includes specifics on their equipment and the work I have done for them, as well as work I need to do for them in the future. I also track technical notes in separate notebooks and tag articles for quick future reference. When I'm researching an issue for a client I may have to go through dozens of websites, then I use Evernote to capture the "best" sites and or articles along with my notes for future reference. I have over a dozen different notebooks for tracking business and personal notes/sites/documents.
  • I love that I can drag and drop sites and files etc. I can have a URL, my own notes and PDF on the same note.
  • Sometimes you want something very structured, sometimes you want something more free flowing like Evernote.
  • Super fast searching with my own tags makes organizing my notes very easy.
  • Ability to easily add the same note to multiple notebooks (alias).
  • It would also be nice to have control over how many "recent notes" are shown by default.
  • Ability to resize and or markup images directly within Evernote.
Anyone who wants/needs to keep track of a lot of notes, broken down by notebooks with the ability to add tags for quick searching that are accessible across devices or anywhere. This is where Evernote shines. If you only want a few notes with some formatting, etc. Apple's built-in notes will do just fine.
Read John Readwin's full review
January 04, 2019

Review: "Evernote - the best note taking and syncing app on the market"

Evernote is a fantastic resource to save and organize notes and smaller pieces of information. When Evernote first started it the ubiquity of smart devices and syncing was a HUGE advantage. As opposed to saving information in email drafts so it could be seen on the go, you could save it in Evernote! Best of all it would be there at your desk (computer) and on the go (iPhone/smartphone).

Evernote has made strides including its own app, being able to save other file types, and most recently they have added templates.

It would be hard for me to write complex reports and make spreadsheets and tables in Evernote - those require extensive formatting, will be viewed by others as word files, etc. Formatting has long been an area where Evernote lagged, but that is improving with templates.

While it started out as a notetaking app, now that we have smartphones and can manage other file types on the go, Evernote has added that capability to embed and save a picture or PDF to a note file. The search and folder/tagging function makes keeping Evernote content organized easier.
  • Syncing. Your notes and content update well across devices but will require internet connectivity.
  • Organization of notes via search, tagging, even location, time stamps, and folders is incredibly helpful.
  • Formatting was a complaint of mine for a long time. It is not as robust as Microsoft Word, but it is improving.
  • The ability to do simple calculations. Say you have a list of ten items and want to sum the cost - that cannot be done in Evernote automatically.
Evernote is not the best for sharing content among team members in a timely fashion the way that many organizations do with email. Slack can be used for even faster results and a streamlined conversation.
December 14, 2018

Evernote Review: "Notes on the go"

Evernote is being used by me for the independent company I run by myself, so it helps me set my reminders and notes on projects and the fact that it syncs to all my devices makes life so much better and more coordinated. Evernote is quite efficient in its updates in the background, therefore, I do not encounter any crashes or issues with the software. Great templates for notes and, not to forget, it has note detection to scan and upload and merge to existing notes.
  • Coordination between multiple devices synchronizing.
  • Notes for project reporting.
  • Sharing notes.
Well suited for simple, straightforward notes. Not for complex office tabulation. This is more placed to compete with Word or Notepad, as for follow-up notes and meeting minutes.
Seth Price profile photo
July 06, 2018

Review: "Leave paper behind, adopt Evernote as your digital notebook!"

We don't use it as an organization, it's been a staple for my own personal use for at least 6 years. I moved away from using paper notes years ago, Evernote is my "notepad" for everything that I do both in business and my personal life. I use it both on my computer and my mobile devices.
  • note taking
  • attachments
  • sharing information
  • mobility
  • document repository
I believe it's well suited for both business and personal life. Adoption by an organization with the ability to have both personal and team notebooks is something you don't see done as well as Evernote anywhere else. Would be great if it integrated better with Office 365.
Read Seth Price's full review
Trent Sherrell profile photo
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Evernote: My De Facto Digital Mind"

Currently, Evernote is being utilized via each individual's personal account. CareerBuilder did have a corporate account but it was determined to be a duplicated service and removed. Those who continue to use Evernote, including myself, use it as a repository of meeting notes, reminders, and lightweight asset management.
  • Evernote is a great place for taking and storing notes since it is available virtually anywhere, sharable, and accepts text and imagery.
  • The OCR functionality is incredible within Evernote even being able to recognize handwriting.
  • The ability to share a note via a generated URL is very helpful.
  • It is surprising Evernote doesn't make better use of Markup with its popularity in so many other software.
  • Improved functionality on how Evernote treats video would be great.
  • When using the Evernote browser extension, it can be confusing knowing into which folder a clip was saved.
Evernote is the de facto "electronic brain." Everything from web pages, small amounts of text, notes with large amounts of content - including imagery, to even, scanned handwritten notes are saved and easily retrieved. With its availability and syncing across the web, computer, and mobile devices, Evernote is at my fingertips whenever and wherever I need it.
Read Trent Sherrell's full review
Sahr Saffa profile photo
April 23, 2018

Evernote Review: "Clear innovators in the note-taking space"

Evernote gets used for on-the-go note-taking, sharing and saving notes on the cloud, and capturing big ideas in our organization. I have been a long time user of Evernote even before I really understood what cloud storage actually meant. The business problems it addresses is it's a very handy tool to compose, create, and save notes with and it's very simple to learn how to use.
  • The freemium model is jam-packed with features so you can easily understand it before committing.
  • Having your documents sync on multiple devices back then was a big deal. Maybe not so much now, but Evernote was innovative in that realm.
  • You can search and save many types of note formats.
  • The user-interface can become much more simplified.
  • The expanded features cause for more confusion than a note-taking app should have.
Whenever I go to conferences, I love using Evernote because it's great for capturing notes in different formats: you can type on it, write on it digitally, take images, videos, or record audio. This malleability is very useful when you're in a high-paced, memory-fleeting environment like a conference space. I also use it to capture big ideas on-the-go. Back then, it was uncommon to have a note taker that was used on multiple platforms like desktop and phone, but Evernote made that possible early on which has made it impossible to leave (all of my ideas are there!).
Read Sahr Saffa's full review
Natalya Lekomtseva profile photo
December 12, 2017

Evernote Review: "The notepad program for anyone who writes, plans, or copies from the Internet."

Any useful notes and articles - on computer topics, every day and so on and so forth. I saw something interesting on the Internet - copy the article into a note of the required notebook, and you can forget about it because you will always find this note when you need it. By the way, for more convenient work with Internet articles, there is a tool Evernote Clearly - it allows you to completely clear an article of all unnecessary design, read it on the site and/or save as a note Evernote.

Any information on the settings. For example, the settings of my home Internet (there at least it is necessary to expose the corresponding MAC-address - it was for a long time kept on a piece of paper in a desk drawer, and how many bitter words I pronounced when I had to look for this paper again), some Specific router settings (port forwarding) and so on.

Business cards of the most diverse people. I hate storing business cards because among them you'll never find anything later. Now I have them in analog form and do not store them. I took a note, photographed the business card - and threw it out: Evernote indexed the data and I can then find this person even by name, even by the last name, even by job title, even by company name.

Banking. Accounts of various people for whom I can transfer money for some reason or other, secure and coded information on some of my cards, my account data, data on some calculations and transfers (so that they can always be returned), and so on and so forth.
  • Large amount of memory
  • Syncs on all devices
  • You can make almost any content
  • The program is more "easy" than the OneNote mentioned, it requires much less operational memory
  • The volume, which is provided for notes, is enough for everything, if not overload with photo and video content
  • Works on all my devices (on a smartphone, laptop, any computer where Google Chrome is installed and I can log in)
  • There is the possibility of limited access to files for other users - for general work. I tested it, but I do not use it - I just do not need it
Wunderlist - not the best system for lists of tactical tasks. To do this, there are much more convenient services. But on the other hand, this system is well suited for strategic tasks, decomposition, goal-setting, because it is well suited for long records, formatting, attaching other files.

It is also good to use the system to maintain your own database. There are convenient functions that will allow you to share work and personal life (tags, folders). You will only have to remember with your memory what exactly is stored in the system. And you can find the necessary note in Wunderlist with a good search system.
Read Natalya Lekomtseva's full review
Brad Pearce profile photo
January 16, 2018

Evernote Review: "Still the best at what it does"

Every webpage that has some relevance, whether for a current representation or in my practice area, gets clipped into Evernote using its own webclipper. Every document, every receipt, and every scrap of paper, gets photographed and imported into Evernote using Evernote's camera app or scanned in using the Evernote extension on the ScanSnap management app.

I can read and highlight documents in Evernote, much like I can using Adobe Acrobat DC. At a fraction of the cost. Evernote has really robust text recognition, including handwriting, so I can search for words in documents (or, to be more precise, for documents by searching for keywords) in Evernote, much like I can search for words in documents using Word or in OCR optimized PDFs, without the extra steps of (1) trying to find the documents or (2) hoping that the OCR recognition did not mangle the words.

Evernote works great for making my notes searchable or for finding keywords in various documents. I can then "link" those documents together for future reference. You can actually use Evernote for presentations. I have tried OneNote. Evernote beats OneNote hands down.
  • Text recognition
  • Searching and recovery of relevant documents
  • Organizing receipts for taxes and business expenses
  • Ease of use
  • Almost instantaneous synching and searchability
  • The ability to use across multiple devices
  • The user interface is less-than-elegant.
  • Navigating the website can be frustrating.
  • The highlighting/call out features in Evernote are not as smooth as in some other applications.
  • BE CAREFUL BEFORE DELETING A NOTE!
1. Keeping track of notes. While I like handwriting notes, I don't want to keep mulitple notebooks. I can scan my notes and save them in Evernote.
2. Webpages. The Evernote webclipper works great.
3. Finding common expressions across a number of documents. Not only does this make finding documents easier, it allows you to recognize and analyze patterns or common threads.
4. Keeping and organizing receipts for tax and business expense reimbursement.

2 critical comments:

Evernote needs to work on its ability to allow you to comment on a document, in the first instance, and to save the marked-up document as a new document, in the second instance. GoodReader allows you to do this. I don't want to have to export a document from Evernote to GoodReader on my iPad, comment on the document in GoodReader, save the marked-up document as a new document, and then export the marked up document to Evernote. Unnecessary steps, and unnecessary steps can (Murphy's law -- will) lead to errors.

Evernote needs to better publicize, in plain English, the security that it provides.
Read Brad Pearce's full review
Ioana Bota profile photo
December 29, 2017

Review: "Evernote: Great choice to go paperless and jot things down in a second while on the move"

I currently use Evernote to help me organize my daily agenda better. It's extremely practical and easy to use, especially on the move, from your mobile device. Additionally, I am also using the 'Reminder' feature for different tasks that are specific and need more in-depth attention. Happy to say it has never failed to remind me of my to-dos'. And, even though I am not sure how many of my peers use this App, I can say I find it secure give that you can choose to have a 4 digit password. That makes a lot of difference for me as a user.
  • It has a clear interface and the navigation is straightforward. I am glad that with each upgrade the user experience remains the same.
  • The integration with other platforms is great; I can easily save pages I visit directly to my Evernote for future references.
  • The implementation of a 4 digit password on mobile is a step forward to a secure App.
  • Even though it has some pre-defined sections for a better organization, I feel that it would be more practical for users to be able to create their folders with specific documents, arranged per topics.
  • While integration with other apps and web pages is great, I believe there should be an improved preview of the pages saved; depending on the webpage, this does not work properly and, in time, it fails to recognize the saved links.
Users can take advantage of Evernote's features and technological capabilities whenever they are on the move and need to quickly note down a few ideas. More so, the notes can be then sent to their email, or their colleague's emails very fast and in a neat layout. That way, it's practical. Users, however, need to take into consideration the diversity of pages and links they save using the App, as these might not be properly saved for future viewing. The recommendation is, in this case, to save links rather than entire pages. All in all, a useful, friendly App.
Read Ioana Bota's full review
January 17, 2018

"Evernote Review"

Evernote is used within our organization as an alternative to OneNote, all of our staff uses the program. Evernote is used to share "good ideas", links, and articles etc across our staff. We have mixed opinions internally if we should standardize the use of this program or finds another solution, as there is no additional cost to use OneNote as we use O365.
  • Ease of sharing data with teammates
  • Small footprint/installation
  • Reasonably priced
  • As your company grows the program can get a little pricey
  • Integrations with other solutions is lacking
I believe that Evernote is best suited for Mac users or for companies that don't have a server. The installation is very straightforward and does not require someone with a lot of computer experience. As long as you have an Internet connection the program is very easy to use. This program is one of the few decent ones that also run on an iPhone.
January 16, 2018

Review: "EverNote does all notes and does it very well"

We generally use it for all note taking and for sharing the same [notes]; like synching feature with the iPhone app as well.

As a result, you can take notes on the go or in the office. Particularly helpful for follow up items from meetings and events. Premium accounts are necessary to get beyond device limitations of free accounts. The pricing of premium accounts strikes me as a bit expensive. Individual users use it and as use has grown, we are increasingly discussing use across the entire organization. Premium accounts offer additional features that some find useful such as contact card input, etc. Windows version has been maintained current vs. in the past when it tended to lag the MAC versions. It is a very nice and easy to use, intuitive tool that I would strongly recommend. My only hesitation relates to pricing of premium editions.
  • Easy to use application to enter notes and there is a nice type search feature.
  • Easy search function including words within images
  • Works with many other services and apps
  • Integration of mobile app with PC based application is seamless
  • Pricing on premium packages seems steep
  • There are severe limitations within the number of devices it can be used on within free versions
  • Mid tier plans (below premium) do not offer all features
[It's well suited] As a note-taking tool at meetings and for task lists follow-ups. Ultimately as more users join, it will be useful for sharing between individuals within our workgroups. We use it for follow up task lists. Lately, we have made increasing use of it to hold presentation slides which then can be searched on extensively as a library like functionality.
January 15, 2018

User Review: "Evernote the future of SmartNotes"

Evernote is currently been used by the company as a note-taking methodology. Primarily used for meeting notes but can also be used for training and a team notebook. This was due to a problem noticed by managers that a lot of problems were caused by information previously being missed and having a sophisticated note-taking method would help increase the percentage of actions being acted on.
  • Mobile offline notes
  • Business card scanning
  • PDF annotation
  • Presentation mode
  • Sometimes information can look cluttered which sometimes can make it harder to locate information compared to OneNote.
  • Can’t easily drag and drop information which makes it harder to reorganise your notes.
  • No way to limit who can edit the notes, for example, all members have edit access. I would prefer for certain people to have access to read the information but not to edit.
Evernote is well suited for making quick notes for individual purposes. For example your own personal notes. With the lack of being able to change the layers off access members can have, I don’t believe it is as well suited for team notes. This is because people may want to view the notes and not want to edit the notes.
January 15, 2018

Evernote Review: "Keep track of everything you need to know easily and simply"

I have previously used and used Evernote when reccomending a good note taking application to previous customers. It was a and still is a good application to help organise your life and make notes, keep track of tasks and save to do lists. It can help address business problems by storing all information and keeping in sync between all your devices- this can stop problems when you're without one of your devices and you wanted to check up on something. It was used before by all employees to help them with their organisation of work- however, it wasn’t compulsory and not all employees found it as useful as some. I have known cases of where it has caused people to go completely paperless and store pretty much everything apart from highly confidential documents on the application - it is so simple and can allow you to work with no hindrance from a poorly designed interface.
  • Synchronisation between all devices.
  • Large amount of storage of notes, documents and to do lists.
  • The ability to scan and store important documents.
  • You can literally create almost any content.
  • Great search engine to search for things stored.
  • The mobile application is a huge benefit, simple and has a great user interface.
  • No visual shortcut options to sort through your notes.
  • Can’t easily drag and drop files/images when on the desktop.
  • The mobile application isn’t as complex as on the computer and has quite a few limitations which can mean continuity between notes can be hard and can cause differences.
  • The free version is quite limited so I definitely recommend paying the subscription especially useful for things like annotating PDFs.
  • No support for Linux systems.
The free version of Evernote is great and I recommend everyone trialing it out if they are considering paying for the subscription, it has its limitations which are pretty much covered when you buy the full application. It really suits those organisations that are trying to become truly digital and work online and can help you to simplify and organise your work. It also suits individuals who are looking to start using a note taking application and use multiple devices (it's literally the best note taking application I’ve used on my phone and iPad). It may, however, be less appropriate if you're already paying for a cloud-based subscription in your Office 365 package and is only a more pleasing version of OneNote in my opinion.
December 12, 2017

User Review: "Organize files with Evernote"

Evernote is being used on an individual basis at my company. My department is sales and project management, so this product works well for some people’s workflow. Evernote’s ability to store a multitude of information from background research on websites to email and client correspondence. Our projects take anywhere from 8 months to one and a half years. The fact that’s Evernote can handle a lot of information is priceless.
  • The tagging and notebook way of storing and sorting information makes this product very versatile. It allows for cross referencing when needed.
  • It is very easy to search and find and notes.
  • Evernote intagrates well with different work environments. There are desktop, web and mobile interfaces. The program integrates with email programs and there is a host of other apps that work well with Evernote.
  • With the increasing options of mobile storage and online programs, I’m seeing some of the features that made Evernote so special integrated in the programs my office requires all employees to use. Unfortunately, I find myself using Evernote less and less.
  • The biggest difficulty I’ve had explaining this program to others is the vernacular. People that are timid with technology understand files and folders. It takes longer for these people to grasp the program and understand a notebook is essentially a folder.
I’ve recommended this product to colleagues because of its website saving capabilities. We rely on budgeting years in advance. In this time prices can change. Having a record of what was used to budget is helpful. Evernote is a great storage program it is great for research type jobs. I also like it for personal use. I store information such as what ink my printer takes or what shade of foundation I use so when I’m at the store I buy the right products.
Christopher Sizelove profile photo
August 15, 2016

Evernote Review: "Jerks."

Jerks. It was really a kick in the pants when they made previous premium users pay $69.99 instead of their annual $45, AND limited the free users number of synced devices from unlimited to 2. That was very bad business practice this year.
  • Note taking. It's in depth. You can even do handwriting. They support working with a lot of different apps. There's a sticky notes apps for PC that you can replace the Windows Sticky Notes application with, and this will sync back and forth with evernote. But it doesn't have a sophisticated editor.
  • This is my number one issue, regarding their premium membership. They are lacking in Business practices, supporting past users, grandfathering past users with their old prices, and not forcing old users out of their auto pay contracts so they have to pay the new price that's $25 HIGHER!!!!! The problem is that other SAAS solutions grandfather current customer into the majority of their policy changes. Evernote does not.
  • They have changed the entire original price-model and purpose of their software. Free users were allowed to sync to unlimited devices, even though they had very limited bandwidth, speed, and storage capacity. Now, they can only sync to TWO devices. So start on a computer, add your phone, but forget about your work computer or your tablet, or your traveling laptop computer.
  • No mindmap view of notebook and notes. This is a good one. Mind mapping is becoming huge. They say "You can use Mohio Mpa with us" But it's not practical. Mohio is not good because the interface is way too bouncy and even out of control. Mohio is a one-way sync with things so you can see ideas in a mind map, but you can't access them to edit them. Evernote just needs to create a "View" option in their menu for MindMap view.
It's great everywhere. The purpose it fulfills is a great one, and it does it so effectively. But they won't support you when you need help. They will not support you as they change their business model. I was a customer for 3 years paying for premium service. They changed their Business model, would not work with me as I talked to a lot of different reps and managers, and made me pay 50% of the premium price this year, and each year after I have to pay the full new price. So I go from $45 a year to $70???? YOU'RE KIDDING! That's why I would not recommend them.
Read Christopher Sizelove's full review
Stephanie Nelson profile photo
February 16, 2016

Evernote Review: "Organized market intelligence"

We use Evernote to organize market intelligence and trends in our industry. One of my colleagues and I both read news articles and come across other sources. We use the web clipper and the Outlook plugin. Once a day I then create an email to the rest of the staff that includes a link to any saved articles. This is how we all stay informed and able to speak intelligently to clients about the state of the legal market.
  • Tag articles with multiple keywords
  • Save internet articles and remove ads and items in sidebars
  • Save emails
  • Search full text
  • We sometimes have problems with the sync taking too long. Most of the time when you save an article it comes up in Evernote right away, but other times it takes 5-10 minutes.
  • The ability to email an article could be improved. It puts it into the body of the email, but I would prefer it as a pdf attachment
  • We send a "table of contents" note once a day which gives a list of selected articles. It just gives the title of the item, and a link to open it in Evernote. It's sufficient, but it would be nice if it gave a preview of the first few sentences.
It has a lot of flexibility. I could see it being useful in lots of scenarios. From personal use to professional.
Read Stephanie Nelson's full review
Abdul Hakkim profile photo
January 04, 2016

Review: "Evernote - Finest Digital Note Creator Ever Made"

I have been using Evernote's PC and Android applications 6 or more years. I have tremendous experience with Evernote's useful and productive features. The Googles Chrome extension is very useful for grabbing webpage notes and saving to Evernote. Tagging notes is another useful feature of Evernote, it's very simple to search in your hundreds of notes when you want a particular one. Sharing notes with your friends, family or colleagues is very simple in Evernote. Evernote provides web access to all your notes. If you want to share any with others, simply create a share link then mail it or share on social media if they not using Evernote. Attach audio, video or images with your Evernote identity and give productive information to your notes. Real time Evernote synchronization with all devices is very useful to access all your notes anywhere, anytime. I am using Evernote for my real estate marketing tactics, creating property notes with Evernote and easily sharing with my clients. Evernote is very helpful to me all time. Evernote's Android app is very simple and easy to use. Evernote added a chat feature recently which you can use to communicate in realtime with other Evernote collaborators. Evernote is best at any time for all kind of users.
  • Making quick and simple notes on any platform.
  • Real time online with all devices.
  • Sharing notes Is very simple with email, social media and web links.
  • Very useful to tranform your notes to business presentations.
  • Collect content from web with one click from the Google Chrome extention.
  • Real time discussion collabration and share thoughts with others.
  • It's finest community discussion forum giving all kinds of support to Evernote users.
  • Evernote's direct customer support Is really effective and quick for all kinds of users.
  • Finest notes collaboration ever made. Evernote is a fast and reliable productivity application online or offline.
  • Comparatively, Evernote provides very low cloud space to their basic users.
  • Evernote's mobile apps are not equipped with real-time location sharing or store location notes.
  • No integrated video sharing and embedded video sharing with platforms.
There are no major negatives to Evernote's services. They give lot of useful features to all of their users [without] any ad revenue. Evernote is an internet icon that is a major content storage platform both online and offline. Evernote's strength is its stability, powerful note creation and collaboration tools. It's one of best business tools helping and organizing your content online or offline.
Read Abdul Hakkim's full review
Tapan Jain profile photo
December 14, 2015

User Review: "Evernote - Digital Sticky Notes"

Evernote is used as a tool to organize various documents and enhance collaboration across teams working on the same documents or project simultaneously. We use it to take notes from our brainstorming sessions and whiteboard discussions and then sharing and accessing the content from anywhere. All types of files like Word, Excel, pdf, PowerPoint and media files can be stored and shared from Evernote.
  • The documents can be searched with keywords present in the content of the document. This even works for text/keywords in images with amazing accuracy.
  • One can simply email the files to a designated email id and the files automatically get stored into your Evernote account. This saves a lot of hassle in first downloading the content from the email and then uploading it to Evernote.
  • Evernote also acts as a contact management tool. One can simply scan business cards and then the contact information can be searched later. Evernote also pulls out the contact information from LinkedIn so that you always have the latest information present and can see the professional profile of the person to get a better context. This feature is mainly used by sales and business development teams.
  • Web application has limited features especially with respect to images. Images can not be rotated or cropped in Evernote.
  • No option to record audio and video directly from Evernote. Recording is very helpful while conducting telephonic or face to face interviews.
  • One can not attach tags with the specific excerpts of a document. The tags can be associated with a complete document only which is annoying as in case of a large document, I have to go through the entire document to locate the required content.
Evernote is well suited for small documents and notes storage and collaboration. The documents can be shared and discussed in real time in Evernote and documents can be shared so that changes are visible to all the members. As there is no option to tag a specific section or paragraph of the document, Evernote becomes less useful for storage and organizing of large size documents.
Read Tapan Jain's full review
Nadeera Hakkim profile photo
February 18, 2016

Review: "Evernote - Wonderful Notes Making, Saving And Sharing Tool"

Evernote is the best note creating ever made before for online and offline use. It's a clean and easily usable application for all kind of users. You can make notes easily, attach web links and images with notes and present it professionally to anyone. You can organize your notes with tags for easy access, and sync notes with all your devices. Evernote provides their own application for Windows, iOS, Android and all other major platforms for better notes access. Evernote is a leader of note creating tools that is usable for personal and business needs. You can create your notes with Evernote and share them easily with others via email or social media. Evernote's cloud platform provides accurate syncing with all your devices. You can access your notes anytime anywhere with all your connected devices. Evernote is the best productivity tool especially for business note creation and presentations. Evernote competes with major corporate giant's note creating tools especially Google Keep, Microsoft OneNote and others. But Evernote's perfect creativity tools pull back other competitors far behind.
  • Accurate cloud syncing
  • Perfect sharing tools
  • Doesn't provide GPS note creator
  • Doesn't location sharing tools
  • Lowest cloud space
Evernote is very suitable for our business note creations, especially for our real estate business. We are creating our property lists and lead lists in Evernote and sharing with our colleagues in easy ways. No other note providers give tools and services like Evernote does. Evernote's perfect productivity tools are the best companion for our all business data and saves it as notes online or offline.
Read Nadeera Hakkim's full review
Riyas Kareemullah profile photo
January 27, 2016

Evernote Review: "Best Note Taking Service"

I'm using Evernote to save my ideas instantly for future work. It's simple and powerful to use.
  • Freemium
  • Easy to Use
  • Available for all major platforms
  • Please give more space for free version users
  • Integration with popular cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
  • YouTube Embed
Its free to start and powerful to use.
Read Riyas Kareemullah's full review

Access control (25)
File search (28)
Device sync (27)
9.4
User and role management (20)
File organization (27)