Evernote is a suite of software and services designed for notetaking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched and exported as part of a notebook. Evernote supports a number of operating system platforms (including OS X, iOS, Chrome OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and webOS) and also offers online synchronisation and backup services.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/pd/EM/EE22Q0XN8S1Q.JPEGLeave paper behind, adopt Evernote as your digital notebook!We don't use it as an organization, it's been a staple for my own personal use for at least 6 years. I moved away from using paper notes years ago, Evernote is my "notepad" for everything that I do both in business and my personal life. I use it both on my computer and my mobile devices.,note taking attachments sharing information mobility,document repository,9,Don't use it in business, just personal. Makes me more efficient for finding the information that is important to me.,Evernote: My De Facto Digital MindCurrently, Evernote is being utilized via each individual's personal account. CareerBuilder did have a corporate account but it was determined to be a duplicated service and removed. Those who continue to use Evernote, including myself, use it as a repository of meeting notes, reminders, and lightweight asset management.,Evernote is a great place for taking and storing notes since it is available virtually anywhere, sharable, and accepts text and imagery. The OCR functionality is incredible within Evernote even being able to recognize handwriting. The ability to share a note via a generated URL is very helpful.,It is surprising Evernote doesn't make better use of Markup with its popularity in so many other software. Improved functionality on how Evernote treats video would be great. When using the Evernote browser extension, it can be confusing knowing into which folder a clip was saved.,9,As a corporate choice, the ROI wasn't enough when competing with Microsoft 360 and its suite of tools and cloud storage offerings. On an individual level, using Evernote in my work-life, its ROI is definitely positive as it is easier to use, easier to access anywhere, and is more reliable.,Microsoft Office 365 and Dropbox Business,Microsoft Office 365, Google Charts, ZoomClear innovators in the note-taking spaceEvernote gets used for on-the-go note-taking, sharing and saving notes on the cloud, and capturing big ideas in our organization. I have been a long time user of Evernote even before I really understood what cloud storage actually meant. The business problems it addresses is it's a very handy tool to compose, create, and save notes with and it's very simple to learn how to use.,The freemium model is jam-packed with features so you can easily understand it before committing. Having your documents sync on multiple devices back then was a big deal. Maybe not so much now, but Evernote was innovative in that realm. You can search and save many types of note formats.,The user-interface can become much more simplified. The expanded features cause for more confusion than a note-taking app should have.,8,Positive: the software can be used on many platforms Negative: the free version doesn't allow you to have password protection Positive: they are clear innovators in the space,The notepad program for anyone who writes, plans, or copies from the Internet.Any useful notes and articles - on computer topics, every day and so on and so forth. I saw something interesting on the Internet - copy the article into a note of the required notebook, and you can forget about it because you will always find this note when you need it. By the way, for more convenient work with Internet articles, there is a tool Evernote Clearly - it allows you to completely clear an article of all unnecessary design, read it on the site and/or save as a note Evernote. Any information on the settings. For example, the settings of my home Internet (there at least it is necessary to expose the corresponding MAC-address - it was for a long time kept on a piece of paper in a desk drawer, and how many bitter words I pronounced when I had to look for this paper again), some Specific router settings (port forwarding) and so on. Business cards of the most diverse people. I hate storing business cards because among them you'll never find anything later. Now I have them in analog form and do not store them. I took a note, photographed the business card - and threw it out: Evernote indexed the data and I can then find this person even by name, even by the last name, even by job title, even by company name. Banking. Accounts of various people for whom I can transfer money for some reason or other, secure and coded information on some of my cards, my account data, data on some calculations and transfers (so that they can always be returned), and so on and so forth.,Large amount of memory Syncs on all devices You can make almost any content,The program is more "easy" than the OneNote mentioned, it requires much less operational memory The volume, which is provided for notes, is enough for everything, if not overload with photo and video content Works on all my devices (on a smartphone, laptop, any computer where Google Chrome is installed and I can log in) There is the possibility of limited access to files for other users - for general work. I tested it, but I do not use it - I just do not need it,8,The system facilitates working life in information management. An order of magnitude faster than self-recorded recordings Now all the information in one place: notes, business cards, scanned documents, contracts, saved web pages. And a unified search system! It is very important,wunder, pocket and Diary,Canva, Bitrix24, TeamViewerStill the best at what it doesEvery webpage that has some relevance, whether for a current representation or in my practice area, gets clipped into Evernote using its own webclipper. Every document, every receipt, and every scrap of paper, gets photographed and imported into Evernote using Evernote's camera app or scanned in using the Evernote extension on the ScanSnap management app. I can read and highlight documents in Evernote, much like I can using Adobe Acrobat DC. At a fraction of the cost. Evernote has really robust text recognition, including handwriting, so I can search for words in documents (or, to be more precise, for documents by searching for keywords) in Evernote, much like I can search for words in documents using Word or in OCR optimized PDFs, without the extra steps of (1) trying to find the documents or (2) hoping that the OCR recognition did not mangle the words. Evernote works great for making my notes searchable or for finding keywords in various documents. I can then "link" those documents together for future reference. You can actually use Evernote for presentations. I have tried OneNote. Evernote beats OneNote hands down.,Text recognition Searching and recovery of relevant documents Organizing receipts for taxes and business expenses Ease of use Almost instantaneous synching and searchability The ability to use across multiple devices,The user interface is less-than-elegant. Navigating the website can be frustrating. The highlighting/call out features in Evernote are not as smooth as in some other applications. BE CAREFUL BEFORE DELETING A NOTE!,9,BIG POSITIVE -- Save it and forget it until I run a search for a keyword. For receipts, I use tags (e.g., 2017 Business Expense or 2017 Charitable Deduction). BIG POSITIVE -- Search for words in legal opinions. In many regards, the Evernote search function is better than the paid legal search services because I can search offline after I have a "stack" of opinions to review. BIG POSITIVE -- almost instantaneous sync'ing between the desktop, laptop, or mobile version of Evernote and the cloud, and searchability from another device. I can save a document on my desktop and access it within seconds on my iPad. BIG POSITIVE -- creating checklists. You can use Excel or Word (the check box is in the hidden "Developer" tab) for creating checklists, but they are poor alternatives to Evernote.,OneNote,Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Office 365
Evernote

Evernote Reviews

Evernote
Top Rated Award
Filter 1145 vetted Evernote reviews and ratings
July 06, 2018

Review: "Leave paper behind, adopt Evernote as your digital notebook!"

• note taking
  • attachments
  • sharing information
  • mobility
  • document repository
I believe it's well suited for both business and personal life. Adoption by an organization with the ability to have both personal and team notebooks is something you don't see done as well as Evernote anywhere else. Would be great if it integrated better with Office 365.
Read Seth Price's full review
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Evernote: My De Facto Digital Mind"

• Evernote is a great place for taking and storing notes since it is available virtually anywhere, sharable, and accepts text and imagery.
  • The OCR functionality is incredible within Evernote even being able to recognize handwriting.
  • The ability to share a note via a generated URL is very helpful.
  • It is surprising Evernote doesn't make better use of Markup with its popularity in so many other software.
  • Improved functionality on how Evernote treats video would be great.
  • When using the Evernote browser extension, it can be confusing knowing into which folder a clip was saved.
Evernote is the de facto "electronic brain." Everything from web pages, small amounts of text, notes with large amounts of content - including imagery, to even, scanned handwritten notes are saved and easily retrieved. With its availability and syncing across the web, computer, and mobile devices, Evernote is at my fingertips whenever and wherever I need it.
Read Trent Sherrell's full review
April 23, 2018

Evernote Review: "Clear innovators in the note-taking space"

• The freemium model is jam-packed with features so you can easily understand it before committing.
  • Having your documents sync on multiple devices back then was a big deal. Maybe not so much now, but Evernote was innovative in that realm.
  • You can search and save many types of note formats.
  • The user-interface can become much more simplified.
  • The expanded features cause for more confusion than a note-taking app should have.
Whenever I go to conferences, I love using Evernote because it's great for capturing notes in different formats: you can type on it, write on it digitally, take images, videos, or record audio. This malleability is very useful when you're in a high-paced, memory-fleeting environment like a conference space. I also use it to capture big ideas on-the-go. Back then, it was uncommon to have a note taker that was used on multiple platforms like desktop and phone, but Evernote made that possible early on which has made it impossible to leave (all of my ideas are there!).
Read Sahr Saffa's full review
December 12, 2017

Evernote Review: "The notepad program for anyone who writes, plans, or copies from the Internet."

• Large amount of memory
  • Syncs on all devices
  • You can make almost any content
  • The program is more "easy" than the OneNote mentioned, it requires much less operational memory
  • The volume, which is provided for notes, is enough for everything, if not overload with photo and video content
  • Works on all my devices (on a smartphone, laptop, any computer where Google Chrome is installed and I can log in)
  • There is the possibility of limited access to files for other users - for general work. I tested it, but I do not use it - I just do not need it
Wunderlist - not the best system for lists of tactical tasks. To do this, there are much more convenient services. But on the other hand, this system is well suited for strategic tasks, decomposition, goal-setting, because it is well suited for long records, formatting, attaching other files.

It is also good to use the system to maintain your own database. There are convenient functions that will allow you to share work and personal life (tags, folders). You will only have to remember with your memory what exactly is stored in the system. And you can find the necessary note in Wunderlist with a good search system.
Read Natalya Lekomtseva's full review
January 16, 2018

Evernote Review: "Still the best at what it does"

• Text recognition
  • Searching and recovery of relevant documents
  • Organizing receipts for taxes and business expenses
  • Ease of use
  • Almost instantaneous synching and searchability
  • The ability to use across multiple devices
  • The user interface is less-than-elegant.
  • Navigating the website can be frustrating.
  • The highlighting/call out features in Evernote are not as smooth as in some other applications.
  • BE CAREFUL BEFORE DELETING A NOTE!
1. Keeping track of notes. While I like handwriting notes, I don't want to keep mulitple notebooks. I can scan my notes and save them in Evernote.
2. Webpages. The Evernote webclipper works great.
3. Finding common expressions across a number of documents. Not only does this make finding documents easier, it allows you to recognize and analyze patterns or common threads.
4. Keeping and organizing receipts for tax and business expense reimbursement.

2 critical comments:

Evernote needs to work on its ability to allow you to comment on a document, in the first instance, and to save the marked-up document as a new document, in the second instance. GoodReader allows you to do this. I don't want to have to export a document from Evernote to GoodReader on my iPad, comment on the document in GoodReader, save the marked-up document as a new document, and then export the marked up document to Evernote. Unnecessary steps, and unnecessary steps can (Murphy's law -- will) lead to errors.

Evernote needs to better publicize, in plain English, the security that it provides.
Read Brad Pearce's full review
December 29, 2017

Review: "Evernote: Great choice to go paperless and jot things down in a second while on the move"

I currently use Evernote to help me organize my daily agenda better. It's extremely practical and easy to use, especially on the move, from your mobile device. Additionally, I am also using the 'Reminder' feature for different tasks that are specific and need more in-depth attention. Happy to say it has never failed to remind me of my to-dos'. And, even though I am not sure how many of my peers use this App, I can say I find it secure give that you can choose to have a 4 digit password. That makes a lot of difference for me as a user.
  • It has a clear interface and the navigation is straightforward. I am glad that with each upgrade the user experience remains the same.
  • The integration with other platforms is great; I can easily save pages I visit directly to my Evernote for future references.
  • The implementation of a 4 digit password on mobile is a step forward to a secure App.
  • Even though it has some pre-defined sections for a better organization, I feel that it would be more practical for users to be able to create their folders with specific documents, arranged per topics.
  • While integration with other apps and web pages is great, I believe there should be an improved preview of the pages saved; depending on the webpage, this does not work properly and, in time, it fails to recognize the saved links.
Users can take advantage of Evernote's features and technological capabilities whenever they are on the move and need to quickly note down a few ideas. More so, the notes can be then sent to their email, or their colleague's emails very fast and in a neat layout. That way, it's practical. Users, however, need to take into consideration the diversity of pages and links they save using the App, as these might not be properly saved for future viewing. The recommendation is, in this case, to save links rather than entire pages. All in all, a useful, friendly App.
Read Ioana Bota's full review
January 17, 2018

"Evernote Review"

Evernote is used within our organization as an alternative to OneNote, all of our staff uses the program. Evernote is used to share "good ideas", links, and articles etc across our staff. We have mixed opinions internally if we should standardize the use of this program or finds another solution, as there is no additional cost to use OneNote as we use O365.
  • Ease of sharing data with teammates
  • Small footprint/installation
  • Reasonably priced
  • As your company grows the program can get a little pricey
  • Integrations with other solutions is lacking
I believe that Evernote is best suited for Mac users or for companies that don't have a server. The installation is very straightforward and does not require someone with a lot of computer experience. As long as you have an Internet connection the program is very easy to use. This program is one of the few decent ones that also run on an iPhone.
January 16, 2018

Review: "EverNote does all notes and does it very well"

We generally use it for all note taking and for sharing the same [notes]; like synching feature with the iPhone app as well.

As a result, you can take notes on the go or in the office. Particularly helpful for follow up items from meetings and events. Premium accounts are necessary to get beyond device limitations of free accounts. The pricing of premium accounts strikes me as a bit expensive. Individual users use it and as use has grown, we are increasingly discussing use across the entire organization. Premium accounts offer additional features that some find useful such as contact card input, etc. Windows version has been maintained current vs. in the past when it tended to lag the MAC versions. It is a very nice and easy to use, intuitive tool that I would strongly recommend. My only hesitation relates to pricing of premium editions.
  • Easy to use application to enter notes and there is a nice type search feature.
  • Easy search function including words within images
  • Works with many other services and apps
  • Integration of mobile app with PC based application is seamless
  • Pricing on premium packages seems steep
  • There are severe limitations within the number of devices it can be used on within free versions
  • Mid tier plans (below premium) do not offer all features
[It's well suited] As a note-taking tool at meetings and for task lists follow-ups. Ultimately as more users join, it will be useful for sharing between individuals within our workgroups. We use it for follow up task lists. Lately, we have made increasing use of it to hold presentation slides which then can be searched on extensively as a library like functionality.
January 15, 2018

User Review: "Evernote the future of SmartNotes"

Evernote is currently been used by the company as a note-taking methodology. Primarily used for meeting notes but can also be used for training and a team notebook. This was due to a problem noticed by managers that a lot of problems were caused by information previously being missed and having a sophisticated note-taking method would help increase the percentage of actions being acted on.
  • Mobile offline notes
  • Business card scanning
  • PDF annotation
  • Presentation mode
  • Sometimes information can look cluttered which sometimes can make it harder to locate information compared to OneNote.
  • Can’t easily drag and drop information which makes it harder to reorganise your notes.
  • No way to limit who can edit the notes, for example, all members have edit access. I would prefer for certain people to have access to read the information but not to edit.
Evernote is well suited for making quick notes for individual purposes. For example your own personal notes. With the lack of being able to change the layers off access members can have, I don’t believe it is as well suited for team notes. This is because people may want to view the notes and not want to edit the notes.
January 15, 2018

Evernote Review: "Keep track of everything you need to know easily and simply"

I have previously used and used Evernote when reccomending a good note taking application to previous customers. It was a and still is a good application to help organise your life and make notes, keep track of tasks and save to do lists. It can help address business problems by storing all information and keeping in sync between all your devices- this can stop problems when you're without one of your devices and you wanted to check up on something. It was used before by all employees to help them with their organisation of work- however, it wasn’t compulsory and not all employees found it as useful as some. I have known cases of where it has caused people to go completely paperless and store pretty much everything apart from highly confidential documents on the application - it is so simple and can allow you to work with no hindrance from a poorly designed interface.
  • Synchronisation between all devices.
  • Large amount of storage of notes, documents and to do lists.
  • The ability to scan and store important documents.
  • You can literally create almost any content.
  • Great search engine to search for things stored.
  • The mobile application is a huge benefit, simple and has a great user interface.
  • No visual shortcut options to sort through your notes.
  • Can’t easily drag and drop files/images when on the desktop.
  • The mobile application isn’t as complex as on the computer and has quite a few limitations which can mean continuity between notes can be hard and can cause differences.
  • The free version is quite limited so I definitely recommend paying the subscription especially useful for things like annotating PDFs.
  • No support for Linux systems.
The free version of Evernote is great and I recommend everyone trialing it out if they are considering paying for the subscription, it has its limitations which are pretty much covered when you buy the full application. It really suits those organisations that are trying to become truly digital and work online and can help you to simplify and organise your work. It also suits individuals who are looking to start using a note taking application and use multiple devices (it's literally the best note taking application I’ve used on my phone and iPad). It may, however, be less appropriate if you're already paying for a cloud-based subscription in your Office 365 package and is only a more pleasing version of OneNote in my opinion.
December 12, 2017

User Review: "Organize files with Evernote"

Evernote is being used on an individual basis at my company. My department is sales and project management, so this product works well for some people’s workflow. Evernote’s ability to store a multitude of information from background research on websites to email and client correspondence. Our projects take anywhere from 8 months to one and a half years. The fact that’s Evernote can handle a lot of information is priceless.
  • The tagging and notebook way of storing and sorting information makes this product very versatile. It allows for cross referencing when needed.
  • It is very easy to search and find and notes.
  • Evernote intagrates well with different work environments. There are desktop, web and mobile interfaces. The program integrates with email programs and there is a host of other apps that work well with Evernote.
  • With the increasing options of mobile storage and online programs, I’m seeing some of the features that made Evernote so special integrated in the programs my office requires all employees to use. Unfortunately, I find myself using Evernote less and less.
  • The biggest difficulty I’ve had explaining this program to others is the vernacular. People that are timid with technology understand files and folders. It takes longer for these people to grasp the program and understand a notebook is essentially a folder.
I’ve recommended this product to colleagues because of its website saving capabilities. We rely on budgeting years in advance. In this time prices can change. Having a record of what was used to budget is helpful. Evernote is a great storage program it is great for research type jobs. I also like it for personal use. I store information such as what ink my printer takes or what shade of foundation I use so when I’m at the store I buy the right products.
August 15, 2016

Evernote Review: "Jerks."

Jerks. It was really a kick in the pants when they made previous premium users pay $69.99 instead of their annual $45, AND limited the free users number of synced devices from unlimited to 2. That was very bad business practice this year.
  • Note taking. It's in depth. You can even do handwriting. They support working with a lot of different apps. There's a sticky notes apps for PC that you can replace the Windows Sticky Notes application with, and this will sync back and forth with evernote. But it doesn't have a sophisticated editor.
  • This is my number one issue, regarding their premium membership. They are lacking in Business practices, supporting past users, grandfathering past users with their old prices, and not forcing old users out of their auto pay contracts so they have to pay the new price that's $25 HIGHER!!!!! The problem is that other SAAS solutions grandfather current customer into the majority of their policy changes. Evernote does not.
  • They have changed the entire original price-model and purpose of their software. Free users were allowed to sync to unlimited devices, even though they had very limited bandwidth, speed, and storage capacity. Now, they can only sync to TWO devices. So start on a computer, add your phone, but forget about your work computer or your tablet, or your traveling laptop computer.
  • No mindmap view of notebook and notes. This is a good one. Mind mapping is becoming huge. They say "You can use Mohio Mpa with us" But it's not practical. Mohio is not good because the interface is way too bouncy and even out of control. Mohio is a one-way sync with things so you can see ideas in a mind map, but you can't access them to edit them. Evernote just needs to create a "View" option in their menu for MindMap view.
It's great everywhere. The purpose it fulfills is a great one, and it does it so effectively. But they won't support you when you need help. They will not support you as they change their business model. I was a customer for 3 years paying for premium service. They changed their Business model, would not work with me as I talked to a lot of different reps and managers, and made me pay 50% of the premium price this year, and each year after I have to pay the full new price. So I go from $45 a year to $70???? YOU'RE KIDDING! That's why I would not recommend them.
Read Christopher Sizelove's full review
February 16, 2016

Evernote Review: "Organized market intelligence"

We use Evernote to organize market intelligence and trends in our industry. One of my colleagues and I both read news articles and come across other sources. We use the web clipper and the Outlook plugin. Once a day I then create an email to the rest of the staff that includes a link to any saved articles. This is how we all stay informed and able to speak intelligently to clients about the state of the legal market.
  • Tag articles with multiple keywords
  • Save internet articles and remove ads and items in sidebars
  • Save emails
  • Search full text
  • We sometimes have problems with the sync taking too long. Most of the time when you save an article it comes up in Evernote right away, but other times it takes 5-10 minutes.
  • The ability to email an article could be improved. It puts it into the body of the email, but I would prefer it as a pdf attachment
  • We send a "table of contents" note once a day which gives a list of selected articles. It just gives the title of the item, and a link to open it in Evernote. It's sufficient, but it would be nice if it gave a preview of the first few sentences.
It has a lot of flexibility. I could see it being useful in lots of scenarios. From personal use to professional.
Read Stephanie Nelson's full review
May 18, 2016

Review: "Evernote.. It's so good, it might have been invented by aliens"

I've suggested that everyone in our office use Evernote, not just for personal notes but for all business related notes as well. I've been using Evernote for around 4 years now and use it not only as my second brain, but as a content management system. Everything I will need in future gets saved into Evernote - business PDFs, web pages, invoices etc. Absolutely anything that I will need to recall in future is saved directly into Evernote. I send all emails into Evernote as well so that I can recall anything that I've sent or have replied to.
  • The searching via Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is absolutely amazing. All pictures that I've uploaded to Evernote can be searched.
  • The search function is extremely precise and I can usually find exactly what I'm looking for in the first search.
  • The Chrome extension is amazing as it helps me save anything from any website that I visit.
  • The reminders are lacking. They aren't very helpful.
  • It would be great if there was more versatility with creating notebooks within notebooks. You can currently only create 2 tiers.
  • The Scannable app and Evernote Scanning app isn't that great. I have to use another product and then upload to Evernote.
It is extremely well suited for anyone who creates content, makes notes and will need to recall them in future. I cannot think of anyone who wouldn't need Evernote. From the mother saving recipes from websites, to the car sales person needing to save number plates and car details. If you need a program to help you remember anything, then Evernote is most definitely the answer
Read Nick Thomson's full review
January 04, 2016

Review: "Evernote - Finest Digital Note Creator Ever Made"

I have been using Evernote's PC and Android applications 6 or more years. I have tremendous experience with Evernote's useful and productive features. The Googles Chrome extension is very useful for grabbing webpage notes and saving to Evernote. Tagging notes is another useful feature of Evernote, it's very simple to search in your hundreds of notes when you want a particular one. Sharing notes with your friends, family or colleagues is very simple in Evernote. Evernote provides web access to all your notes. If you want to share any with others, simply create a share link then mail it or share on social media if they not using Evernote. Attach audio, video or images with your Evernote identity and give productive information to your notes. Real time Evernote synchronization with all devices is very useful to access all your notes anywhere, anytime. I am using Evernote for my real estate marketing tactics, creating property notes with Evernote and easily sharing with my clients. Evernote is very helpful to me all time. Evernote's Android app is very simple and easy to use. Evernote added a chat feature recently which you can use to communicate in realtime with other Evernote collaborators. Evernote is best at any time for all kind of users.
  • Making quick and simple notes on any platform.
  • Real time online with all devices.
  • Sharing notes Is very simple with email, social media and web links.
  • Very useful to tranform your notes to business presentations.
  • Collect content from web with one click from the Google Chrome extention.
  • Real time discussion collabration and share thoughts with others.
  • It's finest community discussion forum giving all kinds of support to Evernote users.
  • Evernote's direct customer support Is really effective and quick for all kinds of users.
  • Finest notes collaboration ever made. Evernote is a fast and reliable productivity application online or offline.
  • Comparatively, Evernote provides very low cloud space to their basic users.
  • Evernote's mobile apps are not equipped with real-time location sharing or store location notes.
  • No integrated video sharing and embedded video sharing with platforms.
There are no major negatives to Evernote's services. They give lot of useful features to all of their users [without] any ad revenue. Evernote is an internet icon that is a major content storage platform both online and offline. Evernote's strength is its stability, powerful note creation and collaboration tools. It's one of best business tools helping and organizing your content online or offline.
Read Abdul Hakkim's full review
December 14, 2015

User Review: "Evernote - Digital Sticky Notes"

Evernote is used as a tool to organize various documents and enhance collaboration across teams working on the same documents or project simultaneously. We use it to take notes from our brainstorming sessions and whiteboard discussions and then sharing and accessing the content from anywhere. All types of files like Word, Excel, pdf, PowerPoint and media files can be stored and shared from Evernote.
  • The documents can be searched with keywords present in the content of the document. This even works for text/keywords in images with amazing accuracy.
  • One can simply email the files to a designated email id and the files automatically get stored into your Evernote account. This saves a lot of hassle in first downloading the content from the email and then uploading it to Evernote.
  • Evernote also acts as a contact management tool. One can simply scan business cards and then the contact information can be searched later. Evernote also pulls out the contact information from LinkedIn so that you always have the latest information present and can see the professional profile of the person to get a better context. This feature is mainly used by sales and business development teams.
  • Web application has limited features especially with respect to images. Images can not be rotated or cropped in Evernote.
  • No option to record audio and video directly from Evernote. Recording is very helpful while conducting telephonic or face to face interviews.
  • One can not attach tags with the specific excerpts of a document. The tags can be associated with a complete document only which is annoying as in case of a large document, I have to go through the entire document to locate the required content.
Evernote is well suited for small documents and notes storage and collaboration. The documents can be shared and discussed in real time in Evernote and documents can be shared so that changes are visible to all the members. As there is no option to tag a specific section or paragraph of the document, Evernote becomes less useful for storage and organizing of large size documents.
Read Tapan Jain's full review
February 18, 2016

Review: "Evernote - Wonderful Notes Making, Saving And Sharing Tool"

Evernote is the best note creating ever made before for online and offline use. It's a clean and easily usable application for all kind of users. You can make notes easily, attach web links and images with notes and present it professionally to anyone. You can organize your notes with tags for easy access, and sync notes with all your devices. Evernote provides their own application for Windows, iOS, Android and all other major platforms for better notes access. Evernote is a leader of note creating tools that is usable for personal and business needs. You can create your notes with Evernote and share them easily with others via email or social media. Evernote's cloud platform provides accurate syncing with all your devices. You can access your notes anytime anywhere with all your connected devices. Evernote is the best productivity tool especially for business note creation and presentations. Evernote competes with major corporate giant's note creating tools especially Google Keep, Microsoft OneNote and others. But Evernote's perfect creativity tools pull back other competitors far behind.
  • Accurate cloud syncing
  • Perfect sharing tools
  • Doesn't provide GPS note creator
  • Doesn't location sharing tools
  • Lowest cloud space
Evernote is very suitable for our business note creations, especially for our real estate business. We are creating our property lists and lead lists in Evernote and sharing with our colleagues in easy ways. No other note providers give tools and services like Evernote does. Evernote's perfect productivity tools are the best companion for our all business data and saves it as notes online or offline.
Read Nadeera Hakkim's full review
January 27, 2016

Evernote Review: "Best Note Taking Service"

I'm using Evernote to save my ideas instantly for future work. It's simple and powerful to use.
  • Freemium
  • Easy to Use
  • Available for all major platforms
  • Please give more space for free version users
  • Integration with popular cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
  • YouTube Embed
Its free to start and powerful to use.
Read Riyas Kareemullah's full review
December 10, 2015

Review: "Evernote, The Best Productivity Service on the Planet"

Evernote, according to me it is the best productivity app on the planet. Evernote is the only app I simply couldn't live without it. Evernote is best because it is easy to use and available for all major platforms like iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Web, Blackberry, etc.
  • Available on all major platforms.
  • Free version gives up to 60 MB, enough for a medium size user.
  • Simple and powerful.
  • Great desktop versions for Mac and Windows.
  • Give at least 100 MB monthly upload for free users.
  • Allow users to pay with their debit cards.
  • Allow users to embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo and play the videos within Evernote.
It's for all. If you are a student, Evernote is for you. If you run a company, Evernote is for you. If you are freelancer, Evernote is just for you. Evernote is one of my personal favorite productivity apps that lets my work get done. Evernote has an extension, a simple web clipper for your web browser that lets you capture full-page articles, images, selected text, important emails, and any web page that you desire.
Read Mohammed Anzil's full review
March 08, 2016

Evernote Review: "For me, it was hard to get started using it effectively. I'm still not sure."

I do research in education and also look for useful materials to use in teaching. I chose Evernote to quickly store and organize things I find online.
  • I only use a Windows-operating laptop. Evernote stores what I select both online and on my computer.
  • I almost gave up on it. I found it hard to set things up. Instead of clear, linear instructions where I expected to find them, things were available via unlabeled icons. These icons were often opaque to me. Only when someone in an Evernote forum that i found via a Google search and not at Evernote helped me could I begin to make adequate use of Evernote.
  • Evernote touts itself as an organizer. I find it very messy.
It isn't clear and simple, despite its ads saying so.
however, to just click something and store it, it's OK (though I/it lost one URL that I had stored).
Pocket seems to be a better tool: easier to understand and still more options at first glance. (But Pocket needs to be gone to online to use, where-as Evernote can be always there, which is great if your computer is slow or if you have Internet problems.)
Read Kim Dammers's full review
December 18, 2014

Review: "I love Evernote like Zombies love brains."

I adore Evernote. It has changed my life, both personally and professionally.
I keep everything in Evernote.
  1. The search features make it really easy for me to find what I'm looking for.
  2. The ability to keep files in a note (and collapse or expand it) allows me to keep track of complex projects in a single note. I never have to go searching for files anymore, I just pull up the note in Evernote.
  3. The ability to easily add pictures to a file means I can skip scanning and just snap pictures of paper documents. I have almost no paper in my life now.
  4. The Salesforce connector is a thing of beauty.
It is tough to talk about how life-changing Evernote is, because it isn't just one thing. I actually used it for years before really using it for everything. The big feature that changed that for me was the reminders. To-do lists failed me because they didn't have context, so now my to-do list is just a set of reminders on different notes.

In an organization, it can be really powerful, but only if a critical mass of people use it. If that's true, it really makes information about anything more easily accessible.
  • To do lists, both at a micro and macro level. Any note can have a to do list in it, and you can have a list of time-sorted reminders, each one of which points to a specific note. Hard to talk about but very easy to do.
  • Keeping files in context with other information. For example, we're working on a project with a client and we've got an RFP from the client, a proposal from us, and a power point that the client saw. I've got all those in a file along with my list of things to do. Whenever we talk about this project, I pull up the note and have everything I need. In theory I can do all this in Salesforce, but Evernote is so much faster. And with the SF connector, it is both fast like Evernote and part of SF.
  • Snapping photos of paper to add to notes. I have almost no paper in my life because of this. Clients hand me printouts of things, I snap a photo and add to the Evernote, and hand the paper back to the client. I go to get my oil changed, I snap a picture of the paperwork and put it in an Evernote. Can't remember last time I got my Sienna's oil changed? Just search Evernote for Sienna. I've also been known to snap photos of presentations people are giving, add them to an Evernote and then I can see the slide anytime.
  • Fast, easy search. Evernote search works really well, and even manages to search images if they're full of text. (That part isn't perfect, but come on.) Compared to any CRM with rather rigid search requirements, evernote feels flexible and almost mind-reading in comparison.
  • Available on any device.
  • The presentation mode is new, and has lots of potential. I'd like to see the ability to modify notes while in presentation mode. I think when that is available, I'll give up power point entirely. I admit this isn't a sacrifice on my part, since I've never been much of a ppt user.
  • I honestly can't think of anything else.
I can't compare it to other products, because I haven't used anything else like it. I think Evernote is a no-brainer (particularly the free personal version) if you'll use it. For a business, you'll do better if you have some group of people who already use Evernote in their personal lives. They can drag everyone else along.
Read Anna Hazel Crotty's full review
April 08, 2015

Review: "Evernote - Solid Sharing Storing & Secure Solution"

We needed a cloud solution for our board minutes, teacher training minutes, and parent/teacher group minutes. Each group needed to be able to type the minutes and then share them with group members. If faculty, staff, or parents could not be at the meeting, they knew what was going on. It also provided a way to set the agenda for the next meeting. Evernote offered a solid solution to our need.
  • Cloud storage - the documents are accessible anywhere at anytime from any device.
  • Sharing - the documents can be shared easily and securely to the users
  • Real time - adding content in Evernote appears in real time to all users
  • Let's give the desktop a modern tiled look which allows me to change the colors of the tiles.
I think it is well suited for business use as well as personal. It has more of a business feel. Some things to consider are: Security, Sharing, Storage.
Read Chad Ross's full review
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Evernote, Your Second Brain"

I have been using Evernote for over three years as an aid for organizing my personal life as well as various projects, activities and hobbies I'm involved with. When I recently began my current employment, one of my agenda items was to create a company manual. Wanting something that would be more useful than the typical policy manual handed to new employees, I was on the hunt for something a little more dynamic. I asked members of the Google+ Productivity Community I belong to for any suggestions and someone said her company uses Evernote. Having used it personally as long as I have, I knew it was the solution I was looking for.
  • Ubiquity. Evernote is everywhere. It's a native application on your Mac or PC, it resides on the web with access from any computer with web access, and it has great apps for tablets and smart phones.
  • Easy Capture. If you do any kind of research for work or personal, there are Evernote web clipper apps for all current browsers. Capturing a website or article is as easy as clicking a button on your browser's toolbar. And it's smart too, it usually knows what folder your selection should go in to based on contextual information. A related web clipper called "Clearly" will convert any web page into an article format, where you can use a highlighter before you save it to an Evernote folder. You can have the article read out loud to you as well. You also get a "secret" Evernote email address. Forwarding an email to this address places the email in an Evernote folder of your choosing.
  • The ability to share folders. I once created a folder for an associate who left town for an extended period. I scanned important documents and mail for this individual several times per week. They would check the folder through their web browser every few days and make notations or print what they needed. Much simpler than emailing.
  • Indexing. I currently have over 2,800 notes and over 50 folders in my personal Evernote account. Every note that's added can have "tags". Every note will go into a folder. My "home" folder is called "Inbox". If I'm not sure where to put something, it will go in "Inbox" until I decide where it belongs or I create a new folder for it. Also, when you pay for a premium account, everything gets OCR'd (optical character recognition) including photos. This makes finding things you've put into Evernote very easy and efficient.
  • Learning curve. I have introduced many people to Evernote as I believe in it's utility and feel it is share-worthy. In my experience, very few whom I have shown it to actually have taken to it and use it on a regular basis. The tablet and smart phone apps used to be very un-intuitive and a little on the clunky side. I have seen improvement in the years I have been using the mobile apps and I expect that to continue. At the end of the day, it's a new service that needs some time and attention to understand how to use.
I feel that Evernote is an excellent place to collect and store information that requires easy access and retrieval. Taking that as a baseline, you can go in multiple directions and use it in any number of ways.

I've seen it used by people in outside sales as a way to organize their customers and accounts. Taking that a step further, an Evernote user can take a photo or record an audio clip or jot down some text from within a particular customer's folder either during or right after the sales call. This could be useful if the folder was shared with an assistant back at the office. Evernote also has a camera feature that will take a photo of a business card and add the contact information to a note, as well as the card image. Likewise with Post-It Notes.

Evernote would be useful for team collaboration, especially if the team was in remote locations and using shared folders. A note could be started by the project lead, and the collaborators could all work on the same note, adding pictures and documents as needed.

I've heard of bloggers and website admins who have any contact submissions made on their website/blog automatically emailed to a folder in their Evernote account. These emails are automatically organized in a folder to be dealt with by them or someone they share the folder with.

Read Dave Luczak's full review
April 08, 2015

Review: "Why my productivity is better with Evernote"

Evernote provides a useful repository for notes and website articles I find online. The website articles are a reference point for articles that I write on analytics and digital marketing. The search features along with the notebook creation feature allows me to quickly find the best support articles needed. I also keep notes on clients and have started dictating my articles in Evernote. This has helped provide notes, which I can share with clients as needed and saved time creating the notes to be shared.
  • The search feature is extremely good. The capability to search within a PDF allows me to compare white papers against articles I have for stats and support information. This has helped improve my blogposts and articles, and allowed me to create new posts for others as well.
  • Incorporating images is excellent, allowing for notes as needed
  • The shortcuts - adding a list of articles that the user expects to access makes sense and is convenient.
  • Being able to record notes for each note is a favorite - it does allow me to recall additional information about the note I am creating.
  • I like that I can update in my phone app or my laptop and keep notes up to date. I plan to write a book using Evernote as a collector because I can sync thoughts easily as I go.
  • The app in Hootsuite is extremely buggy when it comes to edits and sharing. I had to turn it off. Extremely dysfunctional and useless. If this can be improved, it would allow me to capture Twitter favorite tweets easily. This would let me centralize new articles and increase my usage with Evernote.
  • Maybe an integration with remember the milk to create a better integration of reminders.
I think Evernote is extremely useful for those who rely on content creation strategies. These would be marketers and small business owners, as well as those who operate blogs. Evernote has the right features to help these persons organize their thoughts and to complete their projects on time. The sharing feature for notebooks is also an aid.
Read Pierre DeBois's full review
February 23, 2015

Evernote Review: "Organizes like a boss"

• Very well organized UX and really nice UI
  • Works well to incorporate notes into a fast-paced schedule
  • Allows access to information across devices
  • Ability to tag and organize information
  • Integrates really well with other products
  • Browser plug-in makes tagging even easier
  • Limited, but practical access for free.
  • Search is a little weak
  • Lists are not very easy to use. There is no "check" to complete.
Read Ashley Hathaway's full review

Access control (18)
File search (21)
Device sync (19)
9.5
User and role management (16)
File organization (20)