BPC Planning & Consolidation based on MS Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-performance-management-cpmSAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation)Unspecified82111012018-03-13T18:54:40.844Z
March 13, 2018
BPC Planning & Consolidation based on MS Review
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SAP BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation)
BPC is being used for consolidation purposes. It is being used by Finance Controllers. First all P&L trial balances from all sites are uploaded with a flat file coming from SAP at month-end. Then with input schedules the flows for B/S are being updated. The BPC team analyses if there are no significant variances or changes in mappings and then runs the consolidation process within BPC. A major issue with BPC is that there are still a lot of manual steps done by users and very little script logic is used in BPC to automate month-end process.
- The Excel EPM functions are really good
- BPF functionality with a step by step guidance is a plus
- Intercompany Eliminations within BPC engine is very straightforward and easy to setup
- When a change is needed in the EPM reports it is not very flexible and needs IT intervention
- Performance sometimes is an issue when consolidating more then 20 entities specially at quarter end
- Script logic complex to handle and always needs BPC consultant when changes are requiered even if minimal - has very high costs
- Month-end close process became 25% faster with BPC consolidation
- Return on investment for BPC planning not really visible yet due to long learning curve for organization
- Increase in reporting effectiveness (usage) with EPM add-in
With Hyperion we struggled as it didn’t have integrated planning and consolidation, whereas BPC does have it. BPC is easier for reporting as it is Excel-based. Also BPC has prepackaged business process flows that helped a lot. Hyperion on the other hand has a faster response time for user queries or report generation.
SAP BPC is a very good tool for final business users as they can use Excel EPM and predefined templates for reporting and detailed analysis. It is user friendly and everyone is familiar with Excel. It could be better for planning: all the planning is done in BPC but needs to travel back to SAP ECC to compare actuals vs. plan. There is no easy process to export BPC planning figures to ECC. It would be nice to have better integration with SAP Controlling module.