Overall Satisfaction with SAP BW/4HANA
We use BW/4HANA for analytics and reporting. It is used across the enterprise. Our initial deployment has been across finance with a view to migrate our classical BW environment over to BW/4HANA. Our currently classical BW has reached end of life and we need to commence the migration over to BW/4HANA soon.
- Better preformance
- Ability to perform hybrid data modelling
- Better integration to non-SAP data sources
- Simplified data modelling
- Still has reliance of ABAP stack.
- Not all exception aggregation conditions are pushed down to HANA
- BW-IP should be included in offering as it was previously.
- BW workspaces could improved, has huge potential.
- Faster turn-around to enhancements
- End users can query structures that are not limited to multi-dimensional models.
- Performance improvements means that business user can do more in the same time compared to traditional BW
In a short period of time, SAP has already released BW/4HANA 2.0 and has continued to release support packages regularly which is a good indication of the support they are providing to their customer base.
Do you think SAP BW/4HANA delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP BW/4HANA's feature set?
Did SAP BW/4HANA live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP BW/4HANA go as expected?
Would you buy SAP BW/4HANA again?
Hybrid data modelling is for sure a great strength. The ability to stick to traditional data modelling as well as modelling using HANA Calculation Views locks huge potential. Having access to multiple HANA native engines and features means less reliance on ABAP stack. All this whilst still leveraging traditional BW features e.g. master data infoObjects, time-dependencies, etc.