The Oracle Analytics Cloud service is a public cloud service that provides a full set of capabilities to explore and perform collaborative analytics.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Drill-down analysis (28)9.191%
- Customizable dashboards (25)8.888%
- Report Formatting Templates (25)8.383%
- Formatting capabilities (28)8.282%
Professional - BYOL
Enterprise - BYOL
Oracle Analytics Server for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- $16 per month per user
Standard reporting means pre-built or canned reports available to users without having to create them.
- 8.1Pixel Perfect reports(23) Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports are highly-formatted reports with graphics and ability to preview the report before printing.
- 8.8Customizable dashboards(25) Ratings
Customizable dashboards are dashboards providing the builder some degree of control over the look and feel and display options.
- 8.3Report Formatting Templates(25) Ratings
Ad-Hoc Reports are reports built by the user to meet highly specific requirements.
- 9.1Drill-down analysis(28) Ratings
Drill down analysis is the ability to get to a further level of detail by going deeper into the hierarchy.
- 8.2Formatting capabilities(28) Ratings
Ability to format output e.g. conditional formatting, lines, headers, footers.
- 7.8Integration with R or other statistical packages(22) Ratings
Integration with the open-source R predictive modeling environment.
- 8.3Report sharing and collaboration(25) Ratings
Report sharing and collaboration is the ability to easily share reports with others.
Ability to schedule and manager report output.
- 8Publish to Web(24) Ratings
- 9.1Publish to PDF(25) Ratings
- 8.2Report Versioning(24) Ratings
Report versioning is the assignment of version numbers to each version of a report to help in tracking.
- 8.7Report Delivery Scheduling(23) Ratings
Report Delivery Schedule is the ability to have reports delivered to a destination at a specific data and time.
- 8.5Delivery to Remote Servers(19) Ratings
Ability to deliver reports to remote servers
Data Discovery and Visualization is the analysis of multiple data sources in a search for patterns and outliers and the ability to represent the data visually.
- 8.6Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)(25) Ratings
Pre-built visualization formats are canned visualization types that can be selected to visualize different kinds of data.
- 8.5Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization(21) Ratings
Location analytics is the visualization of geographical or spatial data.
- 8.2Predictive Analytics(20) Ratings
Predictive Analytics is the ability to build forecasting models based on existing data sets.
Access control means being able to determine who has access to which data.
- 9.9Multi-User Support (named login)(21) Ratings
Named model access means that users have access based on name and password.
- 9Role-Based Security Model(21) Ratings
Role-based access means that access to data is determined by job or position in the corporation.
- 10Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)(22) Ratings
Multiple access permission levels means that different levels of users have different rights.
- 10Single Sign-On (SSO)(18) Ratings
Allows users to use one set of login credentials to access multiple applications
Support for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- 10Responsive Design for Web Access(16) Ratings
Web design aimed at producing easy-to-read sites across a range of different devices.
- 9Mobile Application(8) Ratings
A dedicated app for iOS and/or Android.
- 9.9Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile(17) Ratings
In-app dashboard reports and data visualization.
APIs are a set of routines, protocols, and tools for used for embedding one application in another
- 9.9REST API(14) Ratings
REST is an architecture style for designing networked applications
- 9.9iFrames(7) Ratings
An iFrame is an HTML document embedded inside another HTML document on a website
- 9.9Java API(13) Ratings
A Java application programming interface (API) is a list of all classes that are part of the Java development kit (JDK)
- 8.9Themeable User Interface (UI)(13) Ratings
A themeable user interface means that a specific visual them can be applied to it
- 9.9Customizable Platform (Open Source)(8) Ratings
A customizable, open source API Gateway is a fast and scalable type of API
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Collect data across all external data sources regardless of the size.
- Allows users to reuse data models.
- Reduce overall cost since rebuilding models isn’t needed.
- Unavailability of mobile application, mainly on-premise solutions.
- Lacks enough documentation for collecting data from on-premise services.
- Puts together data from different sources.
- Extracts insights from your data.
- Provides machine learning capabilities.
- User experience.
- Initial setup.
- Guided dashboard configuration.
- Creating check prints
- Customer invoice print
- PO receipt
- The only betterment we can do in this application is if oracle provides the method to implement CLOB data which contains audio, videos that will really make the application to the next level.
- Providing live dashboards
- Sending scheduled reports
- Intaking data from a variety of sources
- Overall usability
- Connection to newer data sources
- Dated interface
- Big data
- Relatively quick
- Prebuilt joints
- Current limit is 50 MB for xlsx data import. Could increase that.
- Glitches in xls import on data format that is relatively common
- List visualization does not consistently work
- Report generation
- Self-service tool
- Choosing the right charts can take time on presenting data
- Using predictable patterns (e.g., machine learning) does take a little time
- Formation of data; if you're not certain, it may take time to figure that aspect out
- Data visualization
- Audience building
- Audience expansion
- Low accessibility for SMBs
- Non-exclusivity of data partnerships
- Automation in audience selection and retargeting
- The platform is simple to use and everyone including SMEs are able to use it perfectly.
- Empowers users to access data and analytics even from a mobile device further enhancing its usage.
- Customer support is available and willing to support all users in using the platform efficiently.
- Sometimes poor internet connections impede the proper working of the platform.
- Available without of the box connectors for Salesforce and oracle Saas Cloud. This is a huge plus for our business since we don't need another middleware solution just for this sake.
- We are able to connect to our on-prem SQL Server database where we have our RMA database and other applications seamlessly without writing custom APIs.
- OAC writes directly into ADW which is another advantage for loading Excel files into ADW after dataflow transformations.
- OAC allows replication of the database from fusion ERP and lets us create subject areas using the data modeler.
- OAC should allow writing back into Oracle Saas Cloud.
- OAC Canvas view has some limitations in terms of choosing colors for the chart objects and other objects.
- It doesn't allow the drill to detail options like that available in classic view for drilling to analysis from canvas view.
- High-speed connection to a wide range of data sources and import of various databases with the ability of agile analyzing big data
- Taking data from all sources and databases
- Use artificial intelligence in data analysis and speed up decision-making
- Reports that output data to portable and mobile devices should be in a better and more appropriate form and improved.
- In the beginning, the initial settings take some time, which I think requires a smart wizard to set up and get started.
- Must add mores diagrams and graphs
- Easy to learn and navigate
- Real time reporting
- Easy to import any type of data
- Easy to customize
- Statistics dashboard
- Takes a long time to generate a data model
- Servers are busy sometimes
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Cloud/Desktop/Mobile accessibility
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Advanced Analytics
- Mobile/Tablet Compatibility
- Offline access
- Language translation
- Data visualization with data prep
- Ease-of-use by end-users
- We'd like to be able to show the reports in the other ERP dashboards.
- Financial Consolidation (Actuals)
- Financial Consolidation (Forecast)
- Financial Consolidation (Budget)
- Divisional reporting
- Management reporting and distribution
- Integration with Excel
- Ease of Cloud / Web reporting development
- Exporting and building forms for either cloud use or Excel
Departmental reporting can take various forms. The key is the seamless roll up and easy drilling into reporting details makes the process much more convenient and time saving
- From the user's perspective, the ease of using the interface is very intuitive.
- Easy to use and set up in Oracle PAAS.
- The autonomous feature really removes the traditional burden off our organization.
- The implementation of the Oracle Analytics Cloud esp the ODI installation that goes with it should be streamlined so that we can install the product with ease.
- The whole patching process should be streamlined so that there is minimal disruption to the service.
- The whole backup and recovery process should be made more intuitive.
- Oracle Analytics Cloud has a more powerful processing engine. We are seeing tremendous improvement in processing huge data/files.
- Oracle Analytics Cloud is more stable and no more hiccups for updates/patches as it will be taken care of by Oracle.
- Oracle Analytics Cloud's multi-layer security will add a bonus to this product. It is more secure.
- Oracle Analytics Cloud performance is great and business users are very happy about this great product.
- It will be great if they can do some UI improvements for Oracle Analytics Cloud, though the functionality is working perfectly.
- It will be great if we can get some more access to the file system. Currently, we are limited to few objects related to applications and it will be difficult to address few issues quickly though we can address those issues using other methods(but time taking).
- Apart from the above 2 concerns, we don't see any issues and everything is perfectly working and business users are impressed with the performance of their retrievals/reports.
- Robust features
- Ease of use
- Apt reporting structure
- OAC is a new tool that is still being explored.
- It is not directly integrated to DBs on Privet subnet, this is an enhancement required.
- It does not carry its reporting DB.
- Data can be fed by any source, via Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle HCM, Oracle Sales Cloud etc. This gives a holistic and comprehensive view of the data.
- Apart from applications from Oracle, data from third-party sources can also be accessed, namely Google Analytics, Salesforce, Dropbox etc.
- Oracle Analytics Cloud is mobile and tablet friendly.
- It can handle large data sets in visualizations.
- Oracle has lots of features in its roadmap and continuously coming up with new features. One has to watch out for the features in the roadmap.
- There are a couple of known issues in the product. It is a good idea to go through them in the Oracle documentation.
- Advanced analytics function does not work with Essbase data sources. Oracle is working on resolving it.
- There are a couple of known issues with Mongo DB connection and data sources.
- No on-prem maintenance
- Performance is better than on-prem
- Drill through capabilities
- The transition of on-prem to cloud
- Support could be better
- Hybrid cubes allow for quick aggregation of data so users don't have to wait for calculations to occur
- Embedded Drill to both on-prem and Cloud sources. This allows us to extend the analysis and provide greater research capabilities.
- Sandboxing allows for quick efficient what-if analysis without a ton of data replication.
- It is lacking an internal scheduler so external schedulers must be used in automation.
- The outline editor does not allow for some of the on-prem functionality like copying hierarchies between cubes using cut and paste.
- Essbase uses Excel as a user interface, which in itself is user-friendly.
- Essbase as a multidimensional database is a very fast querying engine to generate reports faster.
- Essbase provides a user write back feature for users to input data via Excel.
- Essbase Cloud is a Sequel of its on prem version. For Essbase developers used to Essbase on prem, the interface can be much more user-friendly. Essbase on prem users are used to classic interfaces like EAS which will be missed.
- The migration from Essbase on prem to Essbase on cloud can be made much more seamless.
Essbase can perform various business calculations and operations faster than other tools available in the market.
- Easy to build.
- Easy for end-users to run.
- Friendlier dashboards with more aesthetic features for our end-users.
- Prettier exporting options for our client groups to insert nicely into a presentation.
- A mobile reporting app to park reports for executives who do not like to log into Oracle Business Intelligence to see reporting data.
- We are able to use BI to develop our financial reports really quickly.
- Not sure, nothing that I can think of!
- Configurable HR processes.
- No more customization! The app we had built was 90% customization. We've moved from configuration to customization.
- Improved way to integrate with other DoD systems.