Overall Satisfaction with SAP Cloud Platform
We use the SAP Integration Suite to integratie and extend SAP’s Cloud ERP offerings: SAP Business ByDesign and more recently, SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Through various resources and tools in the SAP Integration Suite we are able to rapidly develop custom user interfaces while retaining consistency in the look, and behavior of our apps and effectively blurring the lines between SAP Native applications. This has yielded effective results in the areas of user adoption and acceptance and fewer support inquiries on how things work.
- Extensive documentation is readily available
- Free courses and tutorials available online
- Native gateway into SAP applications
- Ease of use for tools outside the Neo environment is sorely lacking at the moment.
- Standard service offerings vs. add-ons charged separately are not entirely clear at the moment.
- Extension and integration functions are still treated separately when the lines between these functions are increasingly blurred.
- Broad menu of charging models can be confusing
- It’s difficult to pin a price on what is essentially an empty box. Enablement is always a promise that is not necessary properly delivered.
Customers seem less reluctant to slowly move to the cloud when an option for a hybrid solution is presented. Although there are legitimate use cases for a hybrid solution, most customers know that moving to the cloud is the long-term goal and they perceive the hybrid scenario as transitional. Having tools that bring on-premise systems closer to the cloud are a necessary feature/option for many customers who would otherwise be on-the-fence.
Predictive analytics and machine learning are not high on the list of features and capabilities that clients seek to implement in the near to mid term. I believe customers are comforted in knowing that the SAP platform is developing in those areas and can offer solutions in those domains when their business is ready to jump into it.
The SAP Integration Suite is the best solution for extending an existing SAP cloud, and to a lesser extent on-premise solution. It is also an excellent platform for integrating best-of-breed solutions into the SAP ecosystem. If the core ERP however is not SAP, then the price of SAP Integration Suite can be quite steep especially for commoditized services offered by other cloud providers and hyperscalers in the market.