SAP Cloud Platform Review
October 06, 2019
SAP Cloud Platform Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Cloud Platform
We currently use SAP Cloud Platform as a development platform for our SAP UI5 applications. For app development, we use both the standard Web IDE as well as the Full Stack IDE We also have a few other Cloud Services such as the SAP Gamification Engine, SAP IoT, and a number of others on Cloud Foundry such as SAP Blockchain Service.
- By using the Cloud Connector service, you can integrate SAP S/4 HANA or traditional ECC directly with UI5 applications for development, testing, and deployment purposes.
- The Full Stack Web IDE streamlines the development of UI5 applications by offering code completion, GIT integration, and local debugging tools.
- SAP Cloud Platform is very easy to manage from a user perspective, with permissions, authorizations, and access handled in one central service.
- While both are good offerings, the distinction between Neo Cloud Platform and Cloud Foundry is a bit tedious. Often similar services are offered on each but with different features or roadmaps.
- SAP recently announced the third IDE for Cloud Platform based on Eclipse. It would be nice to have full clarification as to the purpose of each, and if there is overlap perhaps to discontinue one.
- With Cloud Platform, we have been able to develop our own suite of UI5 applications and market them to our customers.
- With Cloud Platform, we have been able to connect directly to our clients' networks and build SAP UI5 applications specifically for their needs
- With Cloud Platform we have "gamified" our business, increasing productivity and engagement.
We have used Cloud Platform Cloud Connectors to connect directly with our clients' landscapes. This allows us to develop custom UI5 applications directly in their environment for their specific use cases. We've also been able to roll-out our products into our customers' environment with the same connector. As for integration, Cloud Platform is very simple to integrate with any number of cloud services on offer from SAP and third-parties.
SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation have been quite helpful in delivering quick, impactful insights directly into our UI5 applications. We have been able to build dynamic applications that report, in real-time, ongoing business needs and display quick analytics to help provide solutions to the users. These are powerful tools and we wouldn't be able to integrate them without Cloud Platform.
If your company is considering developing SAP UI5 applications then SAP Cloud Platform is a must. Bringing SAP to the mobile world is a key driver for the adoption of Cloud Platform, and there really is no alternative. Cloud Platform has been around for a number of years and is quite robust and mature as a service.