SAP ERP - Pros and Cons
November 20, 2020
SAP ERP - Pros and Cons
Score 9 out of 10
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management
- SAP ERP Operations
- SAP MM
- SAP SD
Overall Satisfaction with SAP ERP
SAP ERP is used widely across by my organization. They use different modules like HCM, EHS, FI, QM for running their operations in the MIT facilities. I help the team run the MIT employees payroll, maintain their dormitories with QM and EHS implementation. I have also worked on designing FIORI applications for the Graduate Student Portal.
- Integration between different SAP Modules is very efficient.
- Data consistency between the organization is already taken care of y SAP ERP.
- You can run ad hoc reports with real time data from SAP.
- Efficiently manage Data Warehousing and build Dashboards with real time data.
- Integration between SAP and non-SAP environments.
- Faster development and deployment plans.
- Have customized screens with fewer fields as per the business requirement.
- Great ROI as organizations can plan their sales and distribution strategies very well.
- Seamless integration between different modules so just one SAP ERP is enough.
- Integrations can be done with other non SAP Applications as well.
- Dashboards can be built easily with real time data.
- SAP ERP can be a little slow given the huge amount of data it can hold in the backend tables.
SAP ERP is on premise so the data is available locally but with SAP Cloud Platform you have options to store SAP data either in a private cloud or share with a public cloud. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages and it really depends on the needs of the organization to adopt one approach or the other.
Do you think SAP ERP delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP ERP's feature set?
Did SAP ERP live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP ERP go as expected?
Would you buy SAP ERP again?
SAP ERP is highly efficient with handling both large and complex organizations and it has the ability to handle different departments within the company and the data security is fool proof. It also automatically enables the data to be available between different modules such as SD and MM or HCM or IM and QM so users do not have to use multiple applications to run their everyday business.
SAP provides support to all the different modules in SAP by releasing regular updates to the existing issues as well as provide with documentation for new technologies. SAP gives extensive support on SAP ERP by releasing regular news updates and latest development technologies that are upcoming in the market based on other competitors.
SAP ERP is best suited for large companies that do Sales and Materials Management. They can also be used to run the organization's payroll and other HR functions. In addition, SAP ERP has a variety of other modules that can be used depending on the company's profile such as Plant Maintenance, Quality Management, PLM, EHS and Warehouse Management modules as well.