Skype for Business Reviews

2052 Ratings

August 13, 2020
Layon Domiciano | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business is the most used tool in communication at my company. We used it for instant messages and calls, but now we are using it more frequently in our meetings that were previously held in person. Currently, we have most people working from home and this requires a higher level of structure to have stable communications, allowing the work to continue to happen in the right way. As I work with civil engineering within a chemical industry, there are many decisions that must be made both technical and safety, which require that many people are involved in monitoring the works.
  • Video and voice connections
  • Mobile application
  • Outlook integration
  • Call redirection to cell phones
  • The synchronization of the conversation history on mobile and computer
Skype is highly recommended for companies that want to provide good communication to their employees in a quick and practical way. It is essential for those looking to maintain mobile communication when the same experience is achieved on both computers. It may not be appropriate for companies that do not want to invest (spend) money and prefer something for free. For this, there are several applications on the market, but they may not offer the same integration with computer/cell phone/Outlook.
As every team has strengths and weaknesses, I believe that every team can improve on points such as speed, practicality, communication. I haven't had many occurrences for which I needed Skype support, but the ones I did have were well attended to and got resolved.
Read Layon Domiciano's full review
September 26, 2020
Skype for Business is used as our internal instant messaging, meeting hosting, screensharing, conferencing, and room reservation tool. It is used across a global organization of 10,000+ employees in different business units. It's addressing the business problem of pulling together employees from different teams, instant communication, and screen sharing for people to understand what others are seeing.
  • Notifications - It is clear when you have a message on Skype.
  • Org Charts - It's easy to view a person's organization in the company directly in Skype.
  • Contact Information - It's an easy way to find someone's email, phone number, etc.
  • Slow Screen Sharing in Meetings - There is often a lag on what the presenter is showing and what is showing up on the conference room screen or the screens of the remote audience.
  • Outdated Experience - Compared to other conferencing tools like GoToWebinar, Zoom, BlueJeans, etc., Skype is behind. There is not much you can do on a conference other than screen share. It's hard to control the audience, and there always seems to be an issue.
  • External Users - Skype is very difficult to use with external users. We almost always have to use another tool when we want to screen share with outside parties.
Skype could be well suited for a small business that needs basic chat and light screensharing capabilities. In my opinion, it is not appropriate for a large enterprise like the organization I am part of. With the screensharing lags in meetings it decreases productivity due to constant interruptions. It's always better to call in with Skype vs. using your computer for audio, but I think times are changing and computer audio will be more and more prevalent. Other competitors do this so well and Skype is behind the pack.
Support for Skype is handled internally, but I have not heard of complaints from external support needed from our global information technology team.
July 15, 2020
Jatel Desai | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business is being used by my department. It is an excellent way for employees and management to keep in contact with each other. Management can monitor employee's active status through Skype. It's also a great tool for teams to communicate with one another. It is quicker and easier then sending e-mails for when casual information is needed.
  • It monitors the status of employees. It is smart enough to tell when a user is "projecting" their screen.
  • Skype gives users the ability to organize contacts in groups and limit who employees can contact.
  • Skype chat, audio, and video is great for working from home. It's come in useful during the shelter in place order in communicating with the team.
  • Skype for Business is used with Microsoft Outlook a lot. The compatibility between the two can be enhanced.
  • It has room for improvement with regards to the image and audio quality of videos.
  • More customizable features would really enhance user's experience.
I highly recommend Skype for Business to all my colleagues. The software has minimal bugs and is very simple to learn to use. It's a flexible tool and a necessity for any team to keep in contact. As part of the Microsoft product family, Skype for Business works well with Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft products.
There are only ever minor bugs on Microsoft's Skype for Business. This makes it easy to troubleshoot for users and IT departments. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app provides a solution to most problems resulting from the application. The simplicity and ease of the tool makes it less probable for need of support.
Read Jatel Desai's full review
April 08, 2020
Emiliano Monterubbianesi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using the Office Professional package in the company since 2012 when I arrived in the company and we used Office 2010 where Lync had a separate installation package compared to the various Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. Skype for Business is used by the whole company (all branches) and many users have also been enabled to make calls on telephone numbers outside the company itself. Skype for Business solves many communication problems within the company, from knowing whether the person you want to contact is active in his place, rather than out of the office on the move. The functions of messaging, sharing and remote control of the PC, video calls, conferences both audio and audio-video also with interlocutors outside the company, are the main features.
  • Immediate check on the status of colleagues (present, available, in a meeting etc ...)
  • Ability to call, video call and share one or more screens with the ability to grant control
  • It integrates with Outlook to be able to organize meetings with multiple interlocutors
  • The granting of the remote connection can be improved, perhaps automatically using the Remote Desktop rather than the implementation made on Skype for business, since they are both Microsoft software.
  • Video calls could be improved by being able to select any image quality, in order to limit internet traffic.
  • The delegations with which Skype for Business and Outlook interfaces should be improved
Skype for Business's main area is internal corporate communication between colleagues in different cities. It is like a telephone but it is used from a computer, with headphones, with the possibility of seeing the status of the colleague with whom you want to communicate, you can send messages (chat), make calls, video calls, remote assistance, meetings with presentations, etc., all in a rather simple way. The configuration and the ability to select the tools with which to communicate (speakers and webcams, rather than headphones, rather than another device on the PC) can be improved.
I didn't have any particular problems with Skype for Business, but we have assistance with Microsoft tools with a partner who is not always precise and punctual. I don't know if it is possible to have direct assistance from Microsoft Italy and if this is actually more precise and punctual.
Read Emiliano Monterubbianesi's full review
March 03, 2020
Emilee Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
It helps us communicate with other employees. We use a phone line system so It makes it easy to see who is in a call and who is not. It saves us time and helps us become efficient with handling a high volume of phone calls. It also allows us to see who is here in the office and who is not since we are all located in different parts of the building. Overall a very useful office tool.
  • Lets me know who is here.
  • Lets me know who is in a call.
  • Allows me to quickly talk to my coworkers if they are on the phone but I need to speak with them.
  • The picture icons could be bigger.
  • The Skype tone should be customizable.
  • Should let you know when their line is ringing.

Skype is well suited for when you are in an office and need to know which coworkers are available and which ones are not. It lets you see which ones are on the phone or even away from their desk.

It isn't suitable for an everyday use just to chat. It isn't designed for that. It's to make the work space an easier place to communicate.

Because it makes life at work easier and is just a quick and easy way to find out the info you need.
Read Emilee Baker's full review
January 24, 2020
Samantha McMahon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business also known as Lync is used in all departments of my company. With this program all employees can see the current status of each employee showing them away, available, in a meeting, etc. This allows for efficiency within the company.
  • Ability to easily instant message an employee.
  • Ability to view statuses of all employees.
  • Ability to create contacts and favorites lists.
  • I don’t care for the fact when you lock your computer it instantly says you’ve been gone for 5 minutes because that is not accurate. It only shows increments of 5 minutes I believe.
  • The emojis are never updated. No new emojis.
  • I wish there was a feature like the regular Skype that allows you to delete a link you previously sent in an instant message.
This isn’t my favorite tool but it helps to be efficient with other co-workers. It’s an easy tool to figure out how to use. I prefer the regular Skype over this product but my company requires me to use this product.
Read Samantha McMahon's full review
January 24, 2020
Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is our internal messaging system. We use this to message between departments as well as between locations across the country. It's easy to use and implement throughout our company. It gives us real-time communication, especially if you are on a call or in a meeting. I would highly recommend it.
  • Communication
  • Communication
  • Have had issues with using the calling feature vs. just the messaging.
Linking Skype for Business (formerly Lync) through add-ins to Outlook allows us to see when others are away or out of the office. So not only can we communicate with all across departments and locations, but we can know who isn't available as well, which is a big plus in my book.
Reliable product with minimal issues. Haven't had to contact support for questions on this product. Minor glitches can be resolved with a quick google search, and there are constant updates that Microsoft pushes out to the software to keep security updated.
April 30, 2020
We use Skype for Business primarily for the chat function internally between the IT department and us regular employees. It helps us communicate easily and efficiently to get IT issues resolved. Since our company does not have a designated IT person at each manufacturing site, remote assistance is often needed.
  • Minimal bugs
  • Intuitive
  • More emojis please!
  • Add spell check
  • Sync better with our internal email
It seems to work very well for remote communication internally within a company.
I'd say it's a positive that I've never needed support, so I think this means they are resolving bugs in the background pretty quickly.
March 18, 2020
Skype for Business is being used across the whole organization and it solves many of our communication issues. Email is helpful however the timing that we receive responses is not so efficient. especially when a quick and short response is needed. Skype is there to help us first by letting us know if the individual or individuals we are trying to contact are available and we get quick responses from them. Also, the call function and screen sharing ability helps us during meetings or even with explaining issues to employees who are unfamiliar with some of our systems it allows us to help them navigate the issue.
  • Fluid and uninterrupted messages.
  • Good call quality.
  • Video quality.
  • Differentiation in group conversations.
  • Search function for other users.
Skype for Business is very useful for getting direct contact and immediate answers from other users. From time to time you may be waiting for days on a simple answer that you sent via email, however, you can get it directly with Skype. Also, it lets you know when someone is away or busy during meetings or even presenting. Also, it is useful in sharing your screen if necessary to help someone who is unfamiliar with a particular system some times when looking for users it has its drawbacks because a ton of unnecessary users may appear.
September 17, 2019
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business is being used by our organization to link up Board Members and staff during off-times between meetings in order to have productive conversations and drive forward points on our Strategic Plan. We signed up for Skype for Business in order to have an effective communication tool that supported multiple users.
  • Skype for Business can support large meeting numbers.
  • Skype for Business is newly refreshed and has very little lag time.
  • Skype for Business effectively integrates with existing Skype users.
  • I think the Skype for Business mobile capabilities could use a few small updates, as we have run across a few glitches that may just be due to connectivity issues.
  • File sharing is slightly clumsy but we have gotten the hang of it as a team.
  • That's it! Skype for Business is pretty great and easy to use.
You may be wondering why to choose Skype for Business and pay for Skype when there is also a free option. The free Skype doesn't come with features that would be helpful to a big group as it only has the capability to connect less than 25 participants in any one meeting. If you have a large group of employees that need to meet, Skype for Business is definitely worth the upgrade.
I have only had to reach out to the Support team at Skype for Business once with an issue, and I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the quickness and thoroughness of their response. The wait time was short and my question was dealt with politely and clearly, so I would say the support team has it together.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
October 22, 2019
Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meetings with colleagues who work remote. Issues only involve those that are not technology proficient.
  • User-friendly
  • Clear connection
  • Dependable
  • Skye for dummies (tutorials)
  • Recording sessions
Board or committee meetings are great. However, full staff meetings with a large group in one room don’t always work.
Quick turn around. Personable assistance when needed.
Read Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour's full review
October 16, 2019
yixiang Shan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for business was introduced in Fedex around 2 years ago, to replace the old Lync version, as the corporate standard communication and collaboration tool. We majorly use Skype for business to have live chat/IP call/Video call with different colleagues around the world. Sometimes we also use it to organize ad-hoc conferences with small scoped group of colleagues.
  • As it is part of the Microsoft product family, it integrates with Outlook and Office on the Windows platform quite well. For example, it detects when you're idle and sets your status as away automatically, and you can launch the chat directly from your Outlook email address, which is quite handy.
  • The look and feel of Skype for Business is better than the previous version, Lync.
  • The screen sharing feature is well done. We can quickly launch the presentation mode or directly have the control of the remote end, which makes daily work cooperation very efficient, even across the continent.
  • It is not an easy job when we try to connect with outside customers or partners who are not familiar with it, even if they install the same Skype for Business. It requires a lot of time to figure out the tricky set up before the meeting can really start.
  • Skype for Business is separated from the the normal Skype. Maybe they can be somehow be integrated a little bit, otherwise sometimes we have to have both installed and switch between two Skypes.
  • Webinar features are missing in this product.
It is well suited for those in a Microsoft Windows based working environment, with strong and centralized IT Admin team to support it. If you need send big files often (>300M), then Skype for Business is not for you, considering the peer-to-peer approach has been replaced by the client-server-client mode, so file size has limits and also the performance is not so good.
Read yixiang Shan's full review
October 08, 2019
Gabriel Krahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Skype for Business as a way to contact our colleagues in other units of our company overseas, and also our customers outside our network. With the file/image sharing, voice and video calls and the option to share your computer's controls with your chat-partner, Skype is a very good solution to shorten the distance between two continents.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Voice and video calls.
  • Text chatting.
  • It could run better on low-end computers.
  • Notification bugs have been known for a long time for Microsoft.
Skype for Business is really good when you need to set up a way of fast communication between a lot of people at the same time without spending tons of money on cellphone/internal calls. Also a cheaper alternative to other group meeting solutions like Webex or Jabber.
Direct support from Microsoft, what else would you want? :)
Read Gabriel Krahn's full review
September 20, 2019
Ho'omana Nathan Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype is included with the university's Office 365 subscription, and all Active Directory users can access and be contacted via Skype. We sometimes use it for within-department and between-department communication, especially for quick instant messaging. Skype is, of course, one of the original household names in videoconferencing, etc., but we don't use it much for that on a daily basis.
  • Skype for Business has grown quite a lot since its days as Microsoft Lync, and is now quite nicely integrated with almost facets of Windows and Office (and other Microsoft stuff).
  • It's nice for inter-office communication when everyone's using Active Directory and has Skype for Business running.
  • Skype for Business works well even on non-Windows and/or non-university machines (e.g. personal computers).
  • Skype in general, including the Business version, can be pretty clunky, and surprisingly resource-hungry, especially when it's always running, and on machines with lower specs.
  • This resource hungriness can be worth it for quick IMs to other members of the same organization, but I really have a hard time recommending Skype over something like Zoom for videoconferencing.
  • Video communication with others in the same organization just doesn't always seem to work very well, even on the same network.
Skype for Business (like its predecessor Lync) is nice for quick inter-office communication, but again, Microsoft Teams seems to be better for that stuff and allows for more collaboration. One of Skype's biggest weaknesses, as mentioned before, is how resource hungry it tends to be, so it's kind of a lot to leave on all the time.
Skype has been around long enough that there's quite a lot of resources available online, including from Microsoft. However, this can also be problematic since it's been through so many versions, and sometimes support for one version or iteration of Skype is totally irrelevant for the most recent version. This has improved recently as Microsoft has worked to unify their apps, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.
Read Ho'omana Nathan Horton's full review
September 15, 2019
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to have meetings with people outside of our company via phone, screen-share and video. The goal is to make it feel like everyone is in the same room and be able to work remotely from one another with much more ease than if we did not have it.
  • Easy to use screenshare capabilities.
  • The clarity in sound when on the phone.
  • Allows for a nice chat function.
  • Complicated for external users.
  • Need to download software to use the screen-share technology.
  • Seem to need to redownload fairly often.
If you have meetings that need to bring a lot of people into a conversation via phone or video, it would make sense to use Skype for Business. If you are already a Microsoft user for your email/calendar, the integrations with the calendar are extremely helpful, as every meeting has a default way for people to connect.
Microsoft Customer support is terrible all around. We have tried to get ahold of them constantly and get in the loops of customer service where no one knows what to do and no individuals are able to help us ever. The online forums are fine, but also throw you in a custom service loop as well.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
September 15, 2019
Roger Black | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Skype for Business as our online meeting tool quite frequently. All meetings have a Skype invite attached to them, which includes a conference bridge. This enables outside users to dial in with an 800 number, while internal users can use their Skype client for voice/video (or call in over phone if they choose). The flexibility here is key. We also use it for desktop sharing frequently (to help demonstrate an issue, or to troubleshoot an issue). Of course, we also use for IM.
Skype (now Teams) is constantly improving. It does, however, need some integration with modern software development tools (Atlassian products, for instance). But I prefer it much more than HipChat or Mattermost. Skype is more intuitive and easier to use.
  • Online meetings.
  • Desktop sharing.
  • It needs integration with modern software development tools, even if they are open-source.
It is well suited for a Microsoft shop (if you are using Windows desktops. Mac Skype clients tend to lack the functionality of their peer Skype for Windows clients.
If you aren't using 0365 for Skype, then the infrastructure can be intimidating and complex, depending on your needs. Hosting on 0365 is a no brainer if you are greenfield.
Read Roger Black's full review
September 13, 2019
Justin Wiebe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Skype for Business on our CRM team and with certain vendors. We have used it for the past year to really leverage how we work remotely and with our on-campus team. It is a great tool that allows for a lot of collaboration that we would not otherwise be able to do.
  • Manages large numbers of users.
  • The ability to share screens and collaborate across multiple desktops.
  • The cost is something that is very affordable.
  • It's harder to use with some Apple users.
  • It's not as robust when you only have two users.
  • You can't always use the presentation mode as easily as you should.
From a cost perspective, which we have to account for, it is very good, and I would recommend this to other schools of our size. It would not be as well suited for those only collaborating with a couple of staff/faculty members, as it is a bit over the top for that size. It is very well suited for meetings of 5+ users.
The support we have gotten has been great. We've had a few calls for helping Apple users, as they tend not to be as tech-savvy, and the support operators have been top-notch. We have had no other issues as it relates to their support team and working with our staff and faculty.
Read Justin Wiebe's full review
September 12, 2019
Greg Madden, CISSP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business is used across the entire organization to simplify communication across the board. Anyone is able to reach out directly to someone else and that decreases the time for response as emails can take hours some times. It is also useful as an auditing tool to ensure employees are using resources appropriately.
  • Easy roll out and simple set-up.
  • Almost no learning curve for users, even the least experienced employees can figure out how to contact fellow employees.
  • Simplified licensing.
  • Need better remotes. I know this is a business software but inner team discussion should be light-hearted.
  • Sometimes there is a delay between password changes on the machine and when Skype for Business recognizes it.
Skype for Business is great for all general communication. Even some urgent situations can be handled depending on the amount of information that needs to be relayed. I look at Skype for Business as a sub 10 minute response time whereas email can be an hour or more. It's not always instant depending on how busy the other party is, but it does allow you to instantly reach out and pop up on someone's screen to get their attention rather quickly.
I have never used Skype for Business support which means the product is good enough to not need support all the time.
Read Greg Madden, CISSP's full review
August 20, 2019
María Lucía Santagata | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're using it for communicating with clients both nationally and abroad. It's used by my department and also by the commercial area, as we are the ones who communicate with clients. It's an alternative for Google Hangouts (our favorite tool for calls) and it helps us to share screens and images with remote clients, especially when making trainings or when we're defining changes in our services.
  • It's a light app to download.
  • Don't need any special OS specifications.
  • It's easy to share screens.
  • It allows many people to connect.
  • It's hard sometimes to connect the microphone or audio.
  • It's not that intuitive when audio or microphone problems happen. I had to restart a call several times because I couldn't figure out how to connect my microphone.
  • Sometimes has some delay when establishing the calls.
Skype for Business is a useful tool when you have to work with clients/teams abroad or remote, especially if the members of the team are all in different places. Of course, it's not very useful if you don't work remotely, and I think most users nowadays prefer Google Hangouts because it's already integrated with the e-mail services and Google Calendar, where usually people make their appointments.
I haven't had to ask for support yet, so I really can't give an honest rating. Based on former experiences with other Microsoft products, I would give it a 7 as most of the times you can find the answer to your questions just by looking it up on their website's Q&A.
Read María Lucía Santagata's full review
August 15, 2019
Cristian Bodnarasec | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Skype for Business at eSilicon in all departments, for 500+ users. We were using it for both instant messaging and conferencing (audio and video) but since last year, we are using it mostly for instant messaging, since we got a better tool for audio/video conferencing. For instant messaging, Skype for Business is still preferred over the new tool.
  • Instant messaging -- one thing that Skype for Business does well on the desktop application.
  • It's easy to use.
  • Good enough quality for audio and video conferencing.
  • Office integration. Personally, I love the button "Join Meeting" from the popup reminder before a Lync meeting.
  • The biggest issue in Lync is the screen sharing during conferencing. It disconnects many times, and even when it is working, the delay is annoying.
  • Mobile app and desktop app don't sync up very well. You can end up having parts of the conversation in both places.
  • It is constantly slow in connecting first time when changing network connections, like connect/disconnect to a VPN network.
Skype for Business can be used successfully for instant messaging and audio/video conferencing. Its integration with Office makes it a lot easier to connect to meetings and see the user's status in Outlook emails. While for screen sharing during conferences you can find better tools, you can still pick Skype for Business and be successful with it.
Did not use support
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
November 11, 2019
Anne Schafroth | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use it in HR in order to have virtual meetings with our other HRMs in other locations. We also use it to do training on software for HR and payroll. Our whole organization uses it to better facilitate communication with our other locations in the US. It makes it much easier to identify issues and problems with our software.
  • Sharing desktop.
  • Anyone can be a presenter.
  • No real cons I can think of.
We use it for training new features in our software. You have to be careful when sharing your desktop that only the appropriate people have access to highly confidential information. When used to train supervisors, you need to make sure they are only seeing information on teammates that they would normally have access to.
I never have a problem - Skype is always reliable.
Read Anne Schafroth's full review
October 18, 2019
Alyssa Kapinus | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is currently being used within our corporate environment for easy, quick communication.
  • It reduces email traffic over small questions
  • Allows for quicker response times
  • Allows better visibility of availability
  • Easier call set up
  • improved status accuracy
  • Less crashing
It's great for quick questions you need an answer to right away. Not the best for longer communications with high level of detail.
We've had very limited issues with Skype for Business.
Read Alyssa Kapinus's full review
October 03, 2019
Renaud Renvoye | TrustRadius Reviewer
The main use of Skype for Business across the organization is instant messaging. With employees all over the world, it was a very easy way to reach out to someone. When our conferencing tool was down, it served as a back up as well. It is used by the entire organization and sped up the process if you need to have a quick answer.
  • Fast
  • Cross-functional
  • Design
  • Functionalities
  • Stability
Skype for Business is very well suited when you are in a rush and need an answer right at that moment. If the person you need does not answer your email, then you can reach out to another person via instant messenger and you have good chance to get a response.
Skype for Business is a good tool and reliable to use for instant messaging. In the company I was working with, it was an easy way to get a hold of people. I really liked that over email sometimes (easier to ignore an email than it is an instant message you receive, especially if your status is shown as available).
Read Renaud Renvoye's full review
September 27, 2019
Savannah Ehrlich | TrustRadius Reviewer
We no longer use Skype for Business as we have switched to Zoom. In a past job, Skype/Lync was very beneficial and we did not have as many problems. However, with my current company, and Office 365 setup, I was in a constant battle with Skype. Half of the time, audio would fail. The other half, video would fail. Sometimes the phone integration would fail. It was always a battle.
  • Ability to chat (now taken over by Teams)
  • Connectivity/Quality Issues
  • Not User Friendly
  • Device connection is difficult (external mics, cameras, etc)
If budget is a severe issue, and a company already has Office 365, it may have a strength, but Zoom is still a better setup.
I never submitted a ticket.
Read Savannah Ehrlich's full review
September 26, 2019
Kaleb-John Loo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Skype for Business is ideal for hosting large company meetings since it allows for up to 250 participants and can be broadcast to even more people. It has great value as it is included in the Office 365 Suite and integrates with all of the Office applications. Skype for Business is very useful day to day as it is easy to setup a quick call with other members of the organization as you are able to view their schedule and status to see if they are available.
  • Integrates with Office 365 Suite.
  • Good audio and video Quality.
  • Simple to use interface.
  • Other video conferencing offers more capability in terms of capacity.
  • Device support for Linux is still lacking.
  • Microsoft is not backing this product and will stop service after a while.
Skype for Business is very useful if you need video conferencing software and already utilize Office 365. Its ability to integrate with the other Office applications allows for a lot of simplification that is already established from having used programs like Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, and Word. However, if your business does not utilize Office 365 or would like a specifically dedicated video conferencing software, then there are other options available.
Skype for Business is being retired by Microsoft meaning that the support for the product is lacking. It is easy to use and any support for existing features are available. There are online support articles on the Microsoft website which explain how to get started with Skype for Business. The only downside is that Microsoft is not concerned with improving the product.
Read Kaleb-John Loo's full review

High quality audio (122)
High quality video (117)
Low bandwidth requirements (114)
Mobile support (84)
Desktop sharing (122)
Whiteboards (75)
Calendar integration (111)
Meeting initiation (118)
Integrates with social media (54)
Record meetings / events (92)
Slideshows (67)
Live chat (114)
Audience polling (54)
Q&A (48)
User authentication (86)
Participant roles & permissions (94)
Confidential attendee list (69)

What is Skype for Business?

Skype for Business is part of Microsoft’s 365 suite offering and provides an IP PBX for online messaging and web conferencing. It includes features such as live streaming meetings, dialing into conference calls, and the ability to make, receive, and transfer calls via a computer or mobile device. It offers a free version of its service with basic features, and a licensed version that offers its full suite of tools.

Previously, Skype for Business integrated with Skype for Business Server to provide a complete, unified communications offering. However, in 2018, Microsoft announced that Microsoft Teams would eventually replace Skype for Business.

Existing users of Skype for Business can continue to utilize its software, and it is available for download, however, Microsoft itself recommends that potential users looking to work with Skype for Business, should purchase Microsoft Teams instead. Features of Skype for Business are being incorporated into Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Teams includes many features that Skype for Business does not. However, users of Skype for Business can still use it alongside Microsoft Teams.

Skype for Business’s key features remain, such as its support for PSTN conferencing, video and audio recording of calls, and screen and computer access tool. Its support of PSTN allows for its users to connect their conference calls using their phones. These same calls can support up to 250 users.

Skype for Business Video