The game changer ...... SAP HANA
August 09, 2016

The game changer ...... SAP HANA

Overall Satisfaction with SAP HANA

SAP Hana is being used in our corporate level across the whole organization. Although we have non SAP sources for our reporting needs SAP HANA serves our needs for users who doesn't like to navigate to multiple sources for their day to day work. With SAP Hana our users are able to access reports, request code changes that are taken care of with SAP Data services.
  • SAP Hana does well at providing near to real time data synchronization from various tools especially SAP tools.
  • Its in memory feature reduces the data retrieval time drastically.
  • Merged suite tools that combined give exceptional features in SAP landscape.
  • SAP HANA is way too expensive for any small to midsize organizations. For the large companies such as the one I am working at, it needs lot of budget approvals to implement SAP HANA.
  • Since SAP HANA has lots of competition in the cloud based technology, the constant updates require mandatory server upgrades and that is sometimes a pain.
  • Although our organization implemented SAP Hana a while ago, the main reason for this implementation was to develop approachable insights with faster and more accurate results (Query load times improved well compared to prior times) and to reduce the ETL loads.
  • I have heard from our data architect that the migration of a relational database to SAP HANA is a bit challenging. Although personally I have no knowledge on this since it was taken care by the architecture.
  • Oracle 11g and SAP Business Objects
Although there are other cloud based technologies in the market at this moment SAP Hana particularly does well at high volumes of data. The backup feature of SAP HANA is a sign of relief especially for full backups as well as delta backups which can be scheduled at specific intervals.
We have multiple data sources. As per my experience working with SAP HANA, it is well suited with SAP applications such as SAP BW and SAP business suites like SAP ERP, SAP SCM and SAP CRM. I have just started using SAP Design Studio but am sure about the connection with SAP HANA, I anticipate it works as perfect as with the other reporting tools.