Updated December 13, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP S/4HANA
Our organization is in consulting for the product evaluation and implementation, where S/4HANA is one of the products, where I am specialized. S/4HANA as such is solving a lot of integration issues in end-to-end enterprise operations and thus now more focusing on the analytical, automation, value additions, automating business processes, etc.
- Integration across various SAP product components now powered by SAP BTP.
- Ever increasing OOTB use cases of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Flexibility of the components selection to design end to end business architecture.
- Light version of the solutions for SMB size companies.
- Not so straight OOTB implementation and a lot of disparity seems with SAP leadership and the salespeople pitches.
- Need to make the cloud more exclusive to enable a faster shift of organization from OnPremise/AnyPremise solution to cloud.
- The foundational core gets enhanced with S/4HANA on top of which a lot of things can happen. So even if the cost may be high for digital core, it returns the value in long term.
- User adoptability is high with various OOTB content from Fiori etc.
- The system maintenance at least for on premise always needing some expert (external/SAP) to help.
S/4HANA selection depends on the need of the organization in the end-to-end processes. E.g. in the travel industry client of ours, the tracking of the usage of air travel was key for the subscription-based charging and billing and thus SAP BRIM on top of S/4HANA was selected due to SAP Mediation by DigiRoute.
Do you think SAP S/4HANA Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP S/4HANA Cloud's feature set?
Did SAP S/4HANA Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy SAP S/4HANA Cloud again?
With SAP FIORI and analytical layer in form of SAP Analytical cloud, there are a lot of embedded and extended reporting solutions available with real-time insights and usability of S/4HANA for various business needs. Also, it can be further enhanced by side-by-side extensibility using SAP Business Technology Platform integration.
SAP S/4HANA support is again from various channels. Primarily provided by the implementation and support partner and then further extended by SAP's own support layer for critical or complex issues. Also during implementation, SAP has well defined max attention service also to help the organizations a risk-free implementation go-live.
S/4HANA is best suited for large enterprises where end-to-end integration is important with business networks and industry-specific solutions. However, for niche area products like subscription management other key products like Zuora are making a good play instead of SAP BRIM solution for adaptability/user easiness.