Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
For the first four years of my teaching career I taught at schools that were not digital. Because I had little experience using technology, I was nervous when I was hired into a school district that was 100% digital with a 1:1 device to student ratio. Schoology was a completely foreign word to me when it was brought up at our new teacher training sessions. It’s hard to believe that only one year later I’m teaching Schoology to other educators in my district.
I quickly realized that Schoology was not going to be an extra hassle to deal with in my class, but a lifesaver instead. It was an incredible way to keep my my resources organized in one location where I didn’t have to waste time searching for them. It was also the perfect home site for my students who immediately logged into Schoology each morning where they could find all of their assignments and materials for the entire day. Color-coated folders and the ability to add photos to courses made our journey even easier.
As a past user of both Microsoft and Google classrooms, I wouldn’t trade Schoology for either of them. I have never used another platform that combines so many different capabilities into one location. Its user-friendly design and variety of functionalities makes it the perfect LMS for any digital teacher.
- Schoology promotes classroom community through discussions and other collaborative features.
- Schoology makes it easy for educators to share resources with each other.
- Schoology promotes student choice by giving the ability to post a number of different activities and assessments.
- I would like to see Schoology add an area for students to create freely and submit work to the teacher that has not been assigned.
- Schoology has helped my school reach its goal of becoming 100% digital and paperless.