Overall Satisfaction with Screaming Frog SEO Spider
We use Screaming Frog SEO Spider to perform SEO audits for current and prospective clients. It allows us to get an all-encompassing view of the technical SEO elements of a website. I currently use only use the free version, as I find the cost prohibitive for what I use it for.
- Analyzes all metadata
- Character counts of all metadata
- identifies missing alt text on all images
- identifies all H1 and H2 headlines
- identifies broken links and loops
- The GUI is a little old school
- No cloud version is available...desktop version only (Chromebooks are SOL)
- Pricing isn't terrible...but there is no monthly option. £149.00 or roughly $190USD/yr.
- Fantastic ROI especially if you're using the free version
- Even the paid version would be worth it for more experienced SEOs
- no real negative impact.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is probably the best non-client facing SEO audit tool in terms of technical SEO. There are other tools on the market that do a more complete job of keyword tracking, competitive analysis, and backlink profiles...however, for analyzing the technical SEO health of any website, Screaming Frog is the best.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is perfect for quick SEO audits to show prospective clients where their websites are falling short. It covers all the details you'd want an SEO audit tool to cover. It is probably a little confusing at first to beginner SEO's as it is fairly technical and as stated before, the GUI is not all that user friendly.