Secure and convenient paperless signinghttps://www.trustradius.com/electronic-signatureSecured SigningUnspecified1011012018-07-27T20:00:14.255Z
July 27, 2018
Secure and convenient paperless signing
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Secured Signing
When Inland Revenue finally caught up well over a decade after our 2002 Act recognising digital signatures, I looked at options and was surprised to find that a Kiwi product compared more than favourably with others on the world stage.
Work is so much faster now we are now a paperless office, having done away with inconvenient paperwork. This was particularly important to us as we are a cloud-only accountant (client support via TeamViewer is a key aspect of our work) so clients are around the country.
Support was excellent as we got familiar with the product - which has continually advanced since we first saw it. We asked colleagues for their advice - most are still paper-based, but those who had tried bigger players had met with less success than we have had.
- Once clients have reviewed a draft document, we submit it to SecuredSigning, who emails the client(s) links to "sign". At the end of the process, we each receive a digitally signed copy.
- We see no deficiencies in the product. Even the new anti-money laundering etc rules seem to be catered for. The few things we did wish were there have all been added as the product has developed.
- The cost is generally cheaper than post, and the delays in obtaining signatures is now an unpleasant memory.
I didn't really dig into this but looked briefly at Adobe and DocuSign. Talking with other users put me off - until we found SecuredSigning.
Using Secured Signing
- Signing engagement letters
- Signing questionnaires
- Signing accounts
- Signing tax returns
Evaluating Secured Signing and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Third-party Reviews
Once IRD accepted digital signatures, our first client to use it had just relocated to Hawaii. We looked briefly at two major players, and while either would have sufficed, we were fortunate to come across this. Our clients in Hawaii became guinea pigs with the free trial, and we have never regretted our decision.
Secured Signing Implementation
Training users (and ourselves) to think differently is the challenge - but given most users are not as familar with the computer systems which run their accounting software, that's not new.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - The product itself was simple - adjusting to a paperless office has been a bigger issue.
Secured Signing Support
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using Secured Signing
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- There really is only one - we upload a file, and it comes back digitally signed. They offer various enhancements, but we don't need most of them. I recently had to use the sequential (rather than parallel) signing process so a specific user signed last.