TeamViewer

Great tool for remote session

Screen sharing (257)

Over-the-Internet remote session (253)

File transfer (244)

1 user, up to 200 managed devices

Premium

50 users, up to 300 managed devices

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/buy-now

Remote Administration

What is TeamViewer?

The TeamViewer suite of remote connectivity, augmented reality, IT management, and customer-first engagement solutions empowers you to connect to any device to support anyone, any process, or anything — from anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2.5 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time.

TeamViewer Features

TeamViewer Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Alternatives

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

What is TeamViewer's best feature?

Reviewers rate Screen sharing highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses TeamViewer?

The most common users of TeamViewer are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.

(1-25 of 1992)
Qamar Abbas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using TeamViewer for a long time. I have been using it for organizational and individual levels also. TeamViewer really helps me in both modes. It made everything easy to do by sharing the screen. Software-related problems are easily resolved by our IT team via TeamViewer, it saves our time and efforts.
  • TeamViewer saves our time and makes the working easy in team works.
  • It makes project progress fast
  • It makes easy to share your experience with your co workers by sharing screen.
  • The main problem is that interconnecting devices always need the same version of TeamViewer, which irritates sometimes.
  • There is always an issue of transferring large files, it gets slower.
  • TeamViewer, continuously asks for a license, if you don't have it.
TeamViewer is software, based primarily on teamwork, it always suits teams, when they are working remotely and have to share their daily progress on a project. it helps the IT department to resolve software-based issues remotely, without visiting or moving hardware to their location. It is less suitable for organizations, who are not mostly relying on IT facilities.
Karina Castillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is a tool that we use for communication and company collaboration, with TeamViewer, for example, if we are experiencing IT issues, we can request an IT department support session, they can log in to our computer and check what is wrong with it. It also has a chat available in case you need to communicate or give instructions to a co-worker while you're performing IT fixes.
  • Easy to request and use for technical support.
  • Easy to chat while providing support.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Instant messages.
  • File sharing (size) should improve.
  • Sleep mode can become a nightmare so this should have an improvement for accessing the device.
  • Receiving large files should improve.
TeamViewer is a great tool for IT support, it is well suited for companies that might require troubleshooting, especially nowadays with covid, where most people are working remotely, it is easy to use and easy to access. It is now well suited if companies have a small budget as options can become expensive.
faith kelsie | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is used in our organization in accessing our computers remotely. When one needs to use their computers and they are very far from the office, TeamViewer aids in remotely accessing the computers. It is also the best in sharing our desktops with other staff and fellow workers either within the department or company-wide.
  • It helps in ensuring that we are always online in our main computers.
  • It makes it easy to access our computers remotely.
  • It gives us notifications when they arrive.
  • The main computers that we access remotely have sleep modes which when they are in sleeping mode, accessing the computers becomes very difficult.
  • Sharing large files is not possible because it has a limit as to how many file sizes one can share.
  • Due to network problems or network outages, disconnection from the main computers makes remote access a problem.
TeamViewer is best suited where a company depends on marketing to make sales and their systems need to be online all the time. This calls for remote access software because staff cannot staff in the organization all the time hence there is a need for remote access software that will help in keeping the staff online by remotely accessing their computers and that is when the need for TeamViewer a remote accessing software comes in and helps in accessing the computers.
mary schores | TrustRadius Reviewer
Team viewer is the ultimate solution that our organization uses in remotely accessing our desktops and computers while we are away from the company offices. It eases work and makes communication with our main office computers easy.
  • It makes us to be online always.
  • It gives notifications when they arrive.
  • It enables desktop sharing.
  • When there are errors, it disconnects from the main computer.
  • Sleep mode makes screen sharing difficult.
  • Sharing large files is hard with the software.
When a staff has travelled to the field and wants to access their files, it requires for them to access their computers remotely and that can only be made possible through Team viewer.
Md. Sajjad Hossen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use TeamViewer for computer software installation-related problems. It has solved my virtual distance-related anxiety by utilizing it. My programming problems are clearly and smoothly handled through the effective usage of TeamViewer. I provide solutions to virtual computer-related problems by it. It has saved my time and energy and increased my productivity. I cannot think without it. I can blindly recommend it to anyone for handling distance computer-related issues.
  • Software installation
  • Programming problem solving
  • Editing and updating Microsoft Office Files like PowerPoint, Word etc.
  • Input the Data into Database like Microsoft Access
  • Video Facility
  • Audio Facility
  • File Sending and Receiving Option
TeamViewer interface is so smooth that I feel comfortable [using] it. A single ID is needed to operate TeamViewer. It takes less storage on my computer. So fast service I have got from TeamViewer. Virtual computer-related problem is easily solved by using [them]. No audio and video facility is available in TeamViewer. No file sharing option exists in it.
Mark Weingarten | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is great for remoting into my customer's systems and fixing issues without having to travel onsite. On many occasions, I am able to avoid traveling to the location by remoting in and figuring out what needs to be done. The best part is if customers give me full-time access I can support them without any interaction from them.
  • Always Online Connectivity.
  • Performing Functions Remotely.
  • Getting notifications if there are issues like Antivirus needs updating or the disk drive is almost full.
  • I'd like to seeing lower price points for smaller vendors.
  • I'd like to see the ability to charge customers directly through TeamViewer.
  • I'd like to see better pricing options (monthly, yearly, lifetime, etc.).
TeamViewer is a great service that allows me to remote into computers and fix many issues without having to drive over to the location. It allows me to offer discounted pricing and to avoid in-home or in-business visits during this COVID-19 pandemic. Of course, if there is a local connectivity issue I must drive over to the customer's site anyway.
We use teamviewer for remote access and communication between different parties. This helps when we want to access remote computers and gain the administrator roles. With this maintenance of the computers is easier. The cloud service helps gain access from anywhere at anytime therefore playing a big role in connections
  • Remote access
  • Business access
  • On demand support
  • The UX design needs some improvement
  • Navigation is usually tough for beginners
  • Sharing large files is usually stressful
Teamviewer is best suited in remote access services. This software enables one user access another computer, regardless of the location or time. It is well suited to easily connect any workstation and allow remote control of these workstations to enable fix bugs. The 2 step verification becomes a problem. I think this should be removed.
Abhishek Ankush | TrustRadius Reviewer
As we are working from home in this situation we need remote access to the systems of our team members to configure some required in their system. Teamviewer is one of the greatest remote access desktop sharing software I have ever used. It helps you to operate, teach, share files, etc with very easy methods. You can also remotely access your PC with your mobile phone through the Teamviewer app.
  • Desktop Sharing and remotely access to your partner's PC
  • Install software in your Friend's PC while sitting at your and train them how to use it
  • Just turn on the PC and connect with the internet and you can access your PC with the TeamViewer Phone application also
  • There is sometimes disconnection problem, I think this need to improve
  • If the system goes in the sleep mode You will not able to access it.
  • It also cannot be able to upload large files on the internet. These are some points that need to be improved
Whenever something went wrong in my office PC and ask the IT team and they take remotely access my PC and try to fix the issue. It is very easy to copy-paste data from one pc to another. Two-person can run a pc in real-time with the help of TeamViewer
Tyler Twitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is used to allow access to systems that we don't want or can't have open the usual ports for RDP or another built-in application for gaining remote access to systems. In this time of pandemic and working [remotely] at home or another location it is imperative to be able to access applications and systems remotely, but securely and with little hassle.
  • Remote access to servers with an at terminal like experience
  • Easy access to multiple systems with little setup and hassle
  • Secure communication with multifactor authentication
  • The interface can be a little confusing to start with, but a little invested time overcomes this
  • Better organization for using with multiple systems
  • It is a solid program with few faults I can think of
When VPNs are not available and remote access to servers or other systems is needed TeamViewer is a great option for its ease of setup and its simplicity for accessing remote systems. The interface is well laid out and with a little time investment becomes simple to navigate. Not really ideally suited for large implementations, but I have only ever used it for accessing a handful of systems.
Mauro Biefeni | TrustRadius Reviewer
Teamviewer is used quite often when we need to connect to remote workstations in order to address issues or to set up software or access certain data. As the Head of IT, we need solutions that make it easy to quickly and easily connect to and correct issues to support 80+ workstations. TeamViewer does a good job of making that process easy.
  • Keep a directory of workstations
  • Easily connect to any workstation
  • Allow remote control of workstations so we can implement changes and fixes
  • Cannot share large files
  • Does not work through proxy servers
  • Every system needs to have TeamViewer and the same version installed on it, or else it won't work.
TeamViewer is well suited when your network and workstations are straightforward with no unusual setups and where you control the version of TeamViewer that is on the workstation. If you do not control the version of TeamViewer on the workstation then it may not be well suited for your needs as it can be quite annoying when a connection cannot be made due to version issues.
I use TeamViewer to assist other users on their computers that are remote and in the office. I am working with them regarding the installation of software, issues with their operating systems and programs, updating Windows, and instructing users on how to use software programs.
  • Secure and elevated connection
  • Program installation and management
  • communications with remote user(s)
  • two-step verification
Now with these COVID 19 restrictions and quarantine, we have to use TeamViewer 10x more than we've used to. It's completely helpful and recommended. It makes our job (IT Team) way easier and faster. People got used to it and they also like this way of getting Tech Support. Accessing Admin user, sometimes it's troubling, maybe having a place where you can define the admin username/password would be great along with
November 05, 2021

TeamViewer

We currently use TeamViewer throughout the organization. It is utilized by our helpdesk to remote access our staff remotely. It is a great application that works silently in the background. It works consistently with no issues. Reliability of the software is very important as this is our only way to remote in.
  • Remote access to staff computers
  • Help with troubleshooting
  • Allows us to maintain physical distancing during COVID restrictions
  • file transfer can be better
TeamViewer is well suited for providing remote access to our users that are not physically at locations where we have IT staff in the office. This also includes the rare times when a user experiences computer technical issues outside core work hours. TeamView also allows our staff to continue to work remotely during COVID restrictions. Where in the past they would be in the office and have access to local IT staff.
October 15, 2021

TeamViewer 9

Farid Fred Shirvani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization. Mainly Support
  • Gives me full access to other computers
  • I can remotely help any user on any OS
  • Teamviewer optimizes speed and quality when remotely connected
  • I like the fact that I have control over the mouse keyboard and can at the same time talk to the person who I am helping
  • TeamViewer recently removed the possibility of me, as the remote user, to turn on webcam on the computer I am logged into. I think that feature should be brought back.
It's very well suited if you want to give remote help to somebody.
Mayank Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is software used by our organization for remote access and managing work. Its use increased a lot during the pandemic when everyone started working from home. It has helped the company work remotely from their office desktops and access their office network to share secure files. Since I work for a bank, data security is very important and we share things using only our office network. During the pandemic since we could not visit offices, we had to find a way to share things securely. That is when TeamViewer came into play, by allowing us to remotely use our office desktops and share things securely from the office network.
  • It allows you to remotely access your system from anywhere.
  • It allows you to keep an eye on what your subordinates are doing.
  • It allows you to manage your team, even from home.
  • It requires a strong internet connection. Since at home network speed varies it is sometimes difficult to connect.
  • Multiple remote connections at the same time should be allowed on the same desktop for better management.
  • The user interface could be improved upon for a better experience.
I have used other applications for remote access purposes but among them, TeamViewer has proved to be the best because it has a better UI and many features that make it class leading. Also, the subscription rates are very competitive, which makes it a better choice. I have been using it for one year and it is always useful in all situations.
Mohd Nazish | TrustRadius Reviewer
We generally use this tool when we need control from other users during coding and training then we this tool. This tool is a very powerful tool for problem-solving. Sometimes our system admin uses this tool to make changes in our system and to change the configuration of the system. and also this tool is used to resolve the troubleshooting purpose.
  • Screen sharing session.
  • To get control from other's systems.
  • Also having good audio.
  • Very easy to use.
  • I did not see anything that needs to be improved.
  • Everything is great.
  • As per my experience, It's a great tool.
When we need to get control from other's systems, then we generally use this tool and this is a very nice tool to have control for the screen-sharing session. Overall we have a great experience with this tool. This tool resolves lots of business problems. Easy to use and smooth.
Subm Momyan | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is a reliable tool for remote desktop control and access. It's simple to conduct online meetings using this tool. It's simple to transfer files faster with TeamViewer. Enables ease of video conferencing. It's fast to offer remote support to clients with this tool. This tool also facilitates great team collaboration and communication.
  • Instant desktop screen sharing.
  • Ease of online collaboration.
  • Easy to offer technical support to remote desktop.
  • Ease to chat through sending instant messages.
  • It's simple to install and setup this tool faster.
  • Convenient with remote access and control.
  • The performance of TeamViewer can only be affected by unstable internet connection.
  • Apart from this, there is nothing else to point out as negative Vibe.
I do recommend the use of TeamViewer to anyone since it's simple to use, fast and secure. It's also best suited for remote control and access, screen sharing, online meetings, and instant messaging. This tool is also user-friendly and simple to access from multiple devices.
Faheem Shahid | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our organization TeamViewer has excellent performance and efficiency. Makes it easy for us to communicate and connect our systems. I found it beneficial since we use it to complete collaboration-based tasks. Also, we use it to share screens among team members.
  • Screen sharing purposes.
  • Supports remotely accessing pc from mobile and vice versa.
  • Widely known for remote desktops.
  • Allow file sharing without experiencing any challenge.
  • To be honest, there is only one thing I dislike about TeamViewer, which is that image quality should be good.
Haa great feature for remote file sharing. Ability to connect Remote PCs from any device. Screen sharing tools are so wonderful. Provide access to cross platforms.
Pankaj Brahmbhatt | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use TeamViewer for a number of reasons that include; making presentations and demonstrations through screen sharing features, enabling collaborative work with my team, giving teams technical support services, and accessing and controlling remote desktops.
  • Offers complete access and control over remote desktop.
  • Web conferencing.
  • Provides technical support.
  • Instant messaging.
  • Possible to use keyboard and mouse to control remote desktop screen.
  • Ease of screen sharing and recording screen sharing sessions.
  • Fast to transfer files.
  • In remote areas where internet connectivity is as poor, there are connection and accessibility issues.
TeamViewer is the leading tool for remote desktop access and control that makes it simple to collaborate with teams, transfer files, and offer technical support services.
We use Teamviewer almost every day to view our customers' front end for their Building Automation and Fire Alarm systems.
  • Easy for non-computer savvy people to use.
  • Allows multiple users to view one PC simultaneously.
  • Shows the name of the person who is logged in.
  • Transfer Data between PC's.
  • When 2 people are logged in at the same time, you end up fighting for control. Instead, you can request control and only have one person with control at a time.
It is well suited to use from home when you need to log into your work PC and not have to drive there. The transferring of data between PCs can be a little easier to use, in my opinion.
I use TeamViewer whenever I need to connect with any student/client or even with my colleagues for some sessions query or troubleshooting their system problems. We can connect with any of our team members or with clients and access their system to seamlessly help them or resolve their problems. Sometimes we use its video conferencing feature as well when needed. To date, we didn't encounter any problem with TeamViewer as it fulfills all our requirements.
  • Remote System.
  • Video Conferencing.
  • File Sharing.
  • Connectivity with mobile phones.
  • Should be light weight.
  • Lagging in video conferencing.
Once our client was facing some issues while connecting to our live class. We immediately told her to install TeamViewer and we remotely accessed her system and resolve the issue quickly so that the client attended her class with a little loss.
Zane Alsareinye | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is an excellent tool that allowed other members of my team to have peer-to-peer communication and real-time direction through computer networking. It was especially helpful for troubleshooting networking and computing issues with peers, especially in real-time, but has definitely been used more frequently as a way to communicate to other people on the team with general meetings.
  • P2P communication.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Security.
  • Ease of use.
  • Intuitive yet simple user interface.
  • Control of lag with P2P sessions.
  • Delay timeframes.
Like previously mentioned, teamviewer has been most helpful while troubleshooting peers with IT questions that they might have. It has been a simple way to connect with others without having the need to be in their space at that specific time.
December 19, 2021

TeamViewer Review

We support other clients using our software that has been developed. With Teamviewer, we have the ability to remotely support customers anywhere in the world. With the current pandemic, it is a breeze to handle remote support.
  • Remote support
  • Client voice and chat
  • Remote file transfer
  • Allow end user to be trained and see what exactly is happening
  • Better multi-screen support, allow multiple screens to be expanded on a single Teamviewer window
Best for remote support
Teamviewer is used weekly, sometimes daily for helping other team members with computer issues. It's a great help with the implementation of new software and training. When a new contractor comes on board, the onboarding process can be overwhelming, and being able to see their computer is a huge help with installation and going forward.
  • user friendly
  • uses little bandwidth
  • fast log on
  • one time sign ons
  • changing their policy of lock out after so many uses
  • reduction in costs
They are super easy to use. They have a tendency to lock out users after too many uses.
I have been using TeamViewer for a long time. Helps well to connect fast with low bandwidth. Audio/Video quality are amazing. Screen sharing is quite fast and hassle-free. Thumbs up.
  • Screen Sharing/ Remote desktop
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
  • instant Chat
  • User Verification - Many of the cyber activity as done by using this app to connect other system(free version) There should be a mechanism to prevent these kind of activity or some kind of user verification.
  • Rest looks well with this app. Best for business use.
Best for Instant message, Screen sharing, conference's calls. It is a fabulous application to corporate field. It is secured, fast connectivity and consumes less bandwidth. Happy with their services. Great Product!
Asif Ali Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a web developer, we use it for remote desktops and for file sharing. We can access the system remotely and get the desired code from others, then share the code and files with others. We also use TeamViewer to resolve errors from the program. We also use it to work from home as sometimes our work is on the office PC, so we use it to get the code and other files remotely from the office PC.
  • Remote desktop is very useful
  • It is very easy to use for everyone because it's a user friendly interface
  • File sharing with TeamViewer is very helpful
  • Meeting with TeamViewer in COVID-19 is very helpful
  • Hang while using
  • Automatically disconnected
  • Does not work on weak internet
  • Add automatically connect feature if it crashes
When someone works both in the office and at home they can use TeamViewer to make their life easier. If someone only works in one place then it is less appropriate. Anyone can use its file transfer feature to save time.