TeamViewer Reviews

Derek Sanborn | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

Does what it's supposed to, but support and other policies would prevent me from going back

We used TeamViewer to remote into our customers servers to trouble shoot technical issues. It's important that we have a secure and reliable connection because we are dealing with sensitive health data.
  • Secure connection.
  • It's not as simple or straightforward for small team of users.
  • Customer support is poor.
  • Business practices are poor.
If you need to continuously remote into other machines securely, this is an option. It's also helpful to control a team of support reps who you want to control access to specific machines. I do not believe it to be the best option on the market but if you can catch a flash sale, it can be a good value.
Read Derek Sanborn's full review
Christopher Pillion | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 16, 2020

Advanced technology for remote support

I am using it in our organization, we are using it for a great remote access. It provides a quick connection and supports many platforms like computers, phones, iPhone and still it does not consume much of the data connection and also automatically connects when your data gets refreshed after interruption. TeamViewer is very easy to install and very easy to use as well. You can simply collaborate with your employees and give them your valued suggestions in case of any troubleshoot so it is good for their training.
  • I love to transfer my files on my desktop though sometimes it takes time, but still I am having an incredible experience with it. It has great features and functions for organizing our data.
  • I mostly use it through my phone and it has made easier for me to assist my clients and to keep an eye on what they are going through regarding any troubleshoot.
  • It works as security system efficiently and detects any issues going on in my devices and provides me with notifications. With TeamViewer I am not at all worried about my security and privacy.
  • I have to face some backup issues while working if internet connection is broken.
  • I also face some issues during file upload because heavy files require much time to upload.
TeamViewer is perfect for remote installation of any software and you can easily correspond with your team members, you can give them lectures about any issue they face for example adjusting the browse settings and adjusting VPN, because this software is associated with a phone call. I would say it is the best suited platform for our organization.
Read Christopher Pillion's full review
Bruno Carvalho | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2020

The ideal and simple remote access solution.

I can say that TeamViewer software is installed on all computers in the organization, and we are the ones who administer this tool. With the software installed, we were able to resolve more than 90% of user technical calls by accessing the computer remotely. It has been advancing and helping the organization's IT support team a lot.
  • Quick access and problem solving.
  • Saving disk space.
  • Reduction of travel in the company.
  • It always depends on the internet.
  • Sometimes there is a delay in the connection.
The main scenario for using the tool is remote access to solve problems in the IT area, such as: installing files and programs, uninstalling files and programs, accessing Windows settings, installing printers, scanners, freeing up disk space, backup, corrupted data. Users always praise the tool and the team because problems are always resolved quickly.
Read Bruno Carvalho's full review
MUKESHI RANI MALIK | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Perfect utility for remote work.

I often have to work remotely and this was the tool I used to ensure that I could still get into my system when working from offsite, a remote location or from home. I leave TeamViewer running on the host machine and then remote in when required. The primary concern was reliability as I needed something that wouldnt crash or shut down since that would significantly impact my work. In all the time I used this, I never ran into that issue.
  • Being able to reboot and still connect back to the host machine is a life saver. There might be times when your PC locks up or an update causes the system to reboot. In those scenarios you want something that will reconnect and get you back in.
  • It is super reliable. I counted heavily on it to not crash or close itself when needed and it never let me down. Nothing worse than think you can remote into your PC and finding out your remote tool wasnt running. Never had this issues with TeamViewer.
  • Speed was also really good. Working from Hotels etc means I am not always on blazing fast internet so I needed something that would work well even on low bandwidth. This performed admirably.
  • The mobile version is a little difficult to navigate. I understand part of that is because you are using it on a smaller screen and controlling a different OS but it can still do better in that scenario.
Perfect if you need to leave a machine running that you can remote in for later. I imagine it would also be great if you are providing software support since its really easy to install, configure and run. Its also great for personal use since its free and still contains all features.

I wouldnt use it for transferring or sharing large file sizes. I dont think the tool is designed for that.

Read MUKESHI RANI MALIK's full review
Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 23, 2019

Workhorse that delivers, allows the team to view what they need.

It is used to support client workstations and home computers. We support a variety of non technical and less savvy users. This allows for easy remote access, but allows for peace of mind of each computer owner that their PC is both secure (thanks to the option of ad-hoc password access) as well as continual support to be able to make things right. TeamViewer is priced well and easy to use. It is also used as a VPN alternative for some users/systems.
  • Easy to use by both support staff and customers.
  • Has a variety of strong options, including password protection that has useful features.
  • The TeamViewer website could be easier to use.
  • Pricing could be better.
Needed something I could demo very easily to see if I like it. In addition, need something relatively easy to deploy to very non savvy customers that had options to always allow access, or to have challenged access. Also needed an option that is lightweight and not a resource hog. This has worked very well for us on these fronts. Perfect for small business or if interacting with large numbers of less than technical staff or clients.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
ONeal Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2019

TeamViewer Review

Teamviewer is used by the IT Support team to help troubleshoot users remotely. It is used for the entire organization and helps when users are having issues and cannot fix it themselves.
  • Remote control access.
  • Ease of use.
  • A widely popular software.
  • Better support for Mac.
  • Better support for iPhone.
This software is great as it allows the Support team to help troubleshoot issues remotely. Not good for conference calls or screen sharing in meetings.
Read ONeal Taylor's full review
João Mauricio | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 02, 2019

Teamviewer is excellent and is the best tool for remote access for users.

TeamViewer software is used in our company Grupo Boticário intensively by the user support team. All so-called technicians involving any type of remote access is the TeamViewer tool that is used. It is very practical and easy to use by everyone. The user only needs to have the tool installed, and access is guaranteed with the ID and password.
  • Time optimization
  • Easy and fast remote access
  • Efficient support
  • Always needs internet
  • If the internet link is too bad, access is slower.
The best scenario for using this tool is in support teams. Through TeamViewer support we can solve software problems on users' computers. We were able to install and uninstall programs, remove files, and other things. It is a lightweight, beautiful and fast tool. It's easy to use for everyone at IT.
Read João Mauricio's full review
Rafael Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2019

The best way to solve problems remotely.

The TeamViewer tool is used by the company's IT department. More specifically, the remote technical support team. With this software the team makes technical calls remotely without moving to the site. All problems are solved quickly thanks to remote access. The interface is super friendly, clean, beautiful and easy to use.
  • Fast remote access.
  • Secure with encryption.
  • It always depends on the speed of the internet.
  • A little delay rarely.
This software is always recommended for IT support teams. With this tool, the company saves on fuel and travel time for support staff to solve computer problems. Remote access is for installing and uninstalling programs, adjusting operating system settings, blocking applications and services, backup, removing and deleting files and other things.
Read Rafael Silva's full review
Alan Gadbois | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

Great solution for general remote support

TeamViewer is used in our organization as a method of support between existing employees as well as between us and clients. We use this to help troubleshoot noncorporate computers or client computers when there are technical issues with our website or other tools.
  • Ease of integration.
  • Support management.
  • Support accounts.
TeamViewer is well suited for situations where there is general support needed for any capacity. It is great for website or software troubleshooting. It can admin problems but generally it is good at support.
Read Alan Gadbois's full review
March 13, 2020

Not Free But Worth It!

Being an engineering consulting company means we have a lot of clients that we need to support remotely because most of our clients are not within driving distance but also need 24/7 support. We use TeamViewer to quickly log into client computers to do troubleshooting or test software with hardware that is only available at the customer site. It cuts down on travel costs and greatly improves our response time.
  • Ability to keep a list of multiple computers across a lot of sites. The organization and grouping is nice.
  • I can use it on my PC, Mac, or iPhone and it works great on any platform.
  • It supports multiple screens very well.
  • It’s version specific so if a client has a newer version installed then I have to pay to upgrade.
  • They swapped to a subscription model instead of a one-time purchase.
  • If the network connection is poor I have to try multiple times in order to connect to the computer.
  • It’s not extremely reliable when it comes to being able to connect to remote computers every time.
If you need to quickly do a remote session with a client and see what they are seeing on their end for troubleshooting or need to do a Remote Desktop connection without being on the same network then it’s fantastic. It’s also good for transferring files and copy-paste is also supported across your computer and the remote one. If the file is really large then the transfer can take a long time, though. Because of the reliability issues I have experienced I wouldn’t recommend it for critical applications.
Tom Cheever | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2019

Remote support, for the right situation

We use Team Viewer to provide remote support to clients. Each support technician has access to the quick support function and also a grouping of clients that are assigned to them.
  • Custom branding: the customer sees our brand, our logo, and our text when they open Team Viewer.
  • Ease of use: our technicians can simply click a computer on their dashboard and be connected to the client in seconds. Once connected, we can easily support the client, drop files, and use a whiteboard function if need be.
  • File transfers: file transfers are easy to do through Team Viewer by using the inbuilt tools on the toolbar.
  • Custom branding: while the option to custom brand what the customer sees when they open Team Viewer exists, the option to customize the program as a whole (like what Screen Connect does) does not. Team Viewer is not 100% white label, as you cannot change the program name, icon, or taskbar settings.
  • Annoying popups: we purchased the pro version of Team Viewer 12. The next month Team Viewer 13 came out. Since that day, we have gotten constant popups and emails offering us discounts to upgrade to the next level. Even after clicking the option to never show again, the annoying messages return within a day or two.
  • Two-factor authentication: perhaps a necessary evil? But who on earth is going to want to add a computer to our account if they are not being supported by us or have access to that account? Each time we add a new computer to our account, we must verify it through a link sent to our email, which we don't always have access to. It's an annoying and timely second step that should not be required.
Team Viewer is great for remote supporting an office or clients. Don't count on it for supporting mobile devices though.
Read Tom Cheever's full review
Rahul Dhangar | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2019

Teamviewer - A very trustable and secure alternative for remote desktop connections

Teamviewer is so far the most preferred software in my org for everyday remote support requests for installing software and other troubleshooting tasks as and when they arise. It is well built with an enterprise-grade UI and minimalistic learning curve to start off using it. The value it brings to our organization is tremendous and its easy portability between different systems is a great plus.
  • Easy to access from any type of device, be it tablet, mobile or PC
  • Its multiplatform interoperability is just awesome
  • Ease of use is simply adorable
  • Commercial user license is on a higher side which restricts small company users to utilize its services
  • Some good efforts to be made in order to make it more stable on the premises having lower bandwidth internet connection
Teamviewer is best suited for any team who can afford their commercial licensing costs and have a good enough bandwidth to support its connection for a seamless work experience. It could be a bit pocket heavy for small team sizes where budget is stringent and if budget is a problem, then one should look at other cheaper options
Read Rahul Dhangar's full review
Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

TeamViewer! Eyes for the team.

TeamViewer is being used as a helping tool for software support teams in our organization. We assist customers with connecting into their machines and give them walkthroughs of the processes and record and report issues with video evidence of the happenings. Recordings from TeamViewer play a vital role in recording a case for the Dev team to see the issue and then work it out accordingly.
  • Good Remote Connection
  • Good Recording
  • Connecting at a good frame rate so does not lag mostly
  • Is not a high bandwidth consumer
  • Once a recording is completed, the other attempt of recording a session mostly does not respond
  • More work on resolution and frame rate
  • Multiple number of connections to the same session
I would for sure recommend TeamViewer to a small team of support personnel but a large team would require some more advanced tool with more licenses. Sometimes TeamViewer faces issues opening a session once another user just logged off from a session. Overall, it's a workable product that is widely used but more suited for small teams.
Read Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR's full review
Andrea Wroot | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Thumbs up for TeamViewer!

TeamViewer is a wonderful solution for providing support via remote desktop and training. It is part of our department for more than 2 years and being used every day. We can connect between devices and perform troubleshooting for our clients and also provide training to our teams in other offices. This goes beyond any doubt that TeamViewer is certainly the best and trustable solution for remote support.
  • Easy accessibility of all the devices - desktop, laptop, tablets or mobile.
  • Fast and uninterrupted file transfers.
  • Easy to deploy in the company.
  • Supports all the major platforms.
  • Remote session lags if the bandwidth is below average.
  • The mobile application has limited features.
If you are a big company and wants to avoid visiting floors to provide tech support then TeamViewer is the solution you need. It is a trustable brand, therefore, if you have to connect with your clients to provide tech support they will not hesitate while granting the permission of their security systems.
Read Andrea Wroot's full review
Alan Gadbois | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2019

TeamViewer is a great option for supporting end users in your environment

TeamViewer is used in Support for folks who have non-network joined machines.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease of implementation.
  • Admin Rights.
  • Making support's user password resets easier.
It was great for supporting users and viewing what is going on in a computer. It allows for a great amount of control on user systems, and admin support is easy.
Read Alan Gadbois's full review
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 14, 2019

TeamViewer is a team player!

At my previous position, we used TeamViewer two-fold. One for IT troubleshooting network/PC issues remotely and secondly, to update the presentation slideshows on multiple monitors across two campuses, one in Florida, one in Massachusetts.
  • Login is seamless to any installed base via the app.
  • Multiple user access streamlines workflow.
  • Remote access to multiple desktops at work.
  • When a system has a pending Windows update, TeamViewer has connectivity issues.
  • Set the number of users able to be logged on at once. Someone needs to log out for someone to log in at certain points.
  • File uploading remotely to an active desktop has connectivity issues.
For small networks with a dedicated IT team TeamViewer is great, or, as we used it, if you use thumb drive style mini-computers on monitors, you can change the content on the screen from anywhere.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
Lujan Aromando | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

Excellent Remote Online sharing

Software for remote control, desktop, and file transferring and sharing between computers. Provides remote support and collaborative online. You can connect to different remote computers and laptops. Is a remote access solution that helps improve your business. Easy to use, very good features. Can also use the web conferences option in a remote mode.
  • Remote support
  • File sharing
  • Collaborative online
  • Slow internet connections do not help their productivity
  • Remote Support
  • Sharing files
Excellent remote desktop access solutions. Incredible fast and secure global network. Through innovative technology, it can do remote administration of unattended services. Perfect for network sharing and perfect for file sharing.
Read Lujan Aromando's full review
Oscar Avelar | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2019

TeamViewer, a good choice everyone knows.

We use TeamViewer in all departments. For us, it's an easy way to give access to a personal assistant or a help desk assistant. We use several applications for different vendors and TeamViewer is a tool used for all of them. This tool helps us to collaborate and save time when troubleshooting to get a solution as fast as we can.
  • Easy to use.
  • Everyone knows about it. And It's very easy to get and install.
  • One side license is enough to start using it.
  • The option to save the session with an administrator password helps to improve security and user control.
  • The price of upgrades. It supposed to be a lifetime license but it's not when you realize that the version you get goes obsolete and migration is almost as expensive as getting a new license.
  • It does not have a lockout option to avoid both users (local and remote) to control at the desktop at the same time. Change controls between users would be a good improvement
  • License scheme. A subscription license including upgrades could be better.
We use it a lot when we work with our providers. All of them are familiarized with the tool and it is a fast way to get support. I say this is a good scenario for anyone.
On the other hand, for our internal use, we use other tools like Webex Meetings because TeamViewer does not offer SIP integration. If you need to video conference with a desk control, TeamViewer is not the best option.
Read Oscar Avelar's full review
Cameron Rainey | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 15, 2019

The best remote software on the market

We use TeamViewer to remote into our PCs when we’re aren't in the office. It allows us to be able to work from anywhere on the plant. It’s really easy to use and we really enjoy it.
  • Remote management.
  • File transfers.
  • File uploads.
  • The overall price.
  • You have to install a agent.
  • Can be slow at times.
It works well if you need to remote into your work PC while working from home.
Read Cameron Rainey's full review
Adriano Rosa | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 10, 2019

Complete remote assistance software

Currently, TeamViewer is being used by some departments of the organization, like Information Technology, ITAS-Information Technology Applications and Services. It is used to provide remote support to clients, and to our employees too. With Team Viewer each support assistant can quickly access any machine in the organization's intranet. Team Viewer is really useful to our service desk, for helping any employee with tech support or even in-depth technical support.
  • It is easy to use, it allows control of any computer from any part of the world.
  • The communication between you and the computer being controlled is really fast, it has just a little delay.
  • It allows you to transfer files.
  • Really affordable.
  • Whenever you have a low bandwidth internet connection, you will have more delay, and can be kind of slow.
  • You won't be able to control a computer with a different version from yours.
  • Maybe they could add the function of viewing two remote computers at same time.
TeamViewer is well suited when any employee or client have any problem with any software or support. The support technicians do not need to go personally to repair something in your computer, he just takes remote control of it and solves your problem. The scenario where TeamViewer is less appropriate is when the internet connection is slow, you will have some lag.
Read Adriano Rosa's full review
Dinesh Selvachandra | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 10, 2019

Remote user support has become easy and simple

TeamViewer helps is to remotely assist our clients and users who are not tech savvy to configure and also to help with issues faced on the system.
  • Secure remote access.
  • Ability to run and access unattended.
  • PC to PC works very well with nice additional tools.
  • Access can be configured such as file copying.
  • Ability to talk to the person on the other side.
  • Expensive
  • Mobile phone application is not so user friendly.
  • Sometimes connection does not work, and no proper error message given (such as firewall blocked)
When you want to remotely assist users who have trouble with their PC. It provides you with all necessary tools to support.
Read Dinesh Selvachandra's full review
Frank McCann | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 14, 2019

Very Effective for Business Environments

It is being used by our technicians to support their clients on site. It addresses the problem of being in more than one place at once. We are also able to support clients out of our geographical reach. We would like to implement it more to support our residential clients.
  • Ease of Use
  • Reliability
  • Effectiveness
  • Cost
  • Application could be thinner
Well suited to assist users on-site that have some technical knowledge.

Not appropriate for some of our residential clients that may be tech illiterate.

Well suited to help customers that are outside our geographical area, my technicians also can help more than one client at once while never leaving the office or their home in case out of hours calls come in.
Read Frank McCann's full review
Jerome Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 27, 2019

TeamViewer Review

My Helpdesk Team uses this product for our AV Events. It allows us to remote control presentations and the main laptop being used at the podium. The product is solid and we have had zero lost connection issues. It's easy to use and seamless.
  • Remote Control for AV Events
  • Reconnects seamlessly if the internet signal is dropped
  • Very Easy and straightforward
  • Has remote file transfer capabilities
  • Would like to see more effort put into security/Encryption features
  • Would like to be able to invite someone to a TeamViewer connection
Perfect for AV events when the main laptop is at the podium and the tech is located in the back of a room or behind the stage.
Read Jerome Pierce's full review
Dave King | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 13, 2019

Remote access using TeamViewer

We use TeamViewer for remote support for our users. We also use TeamViewer for new employee training. We install software and trouble shoot any issues that arise. We can also transfer software and files to the remote computer as needed.
  • Remote control
  • File transfers
  • Remote training
  • Automatic screen sizing
  • Staying connected through system reboot
  • Copying large files
Remote training is a great use. Remote support and guiding users through issues is very convenient. Addding users to my personal list so I can easily find them to remote control works great as well.
Read Dave King's full review
October 22, 2019

TeamView usage review as a software to remotely get access to another employee's device

It is used by the whole organisation - across all the teams. The main usage purpose of this product in my company is for our service desk team to be able to connect to our machines remotely and fix issues for us whilst we can observe on our device's screen what's happening on the screen.
  • Easy to provide the ID to let service desk team member to connect to the employee device
  • An ability to follow what the other person with the access to your device is doing real time
  • Seamless usage on both ends without delays
  • An option to copy-paste the teamViewer ID in an easier way. as far as I know, currently I have to re-type it
  • Prettier graphics
If your company prefers for the service desk to connect remotely to employee's device in order to fix issues / perform some software updates etc. this product is for you.

I don't think this product is the best solution for a simple need of screen sharing. More useful if you'd like to let the other user take over the control of your screen / device.

Screen sharing (160)
9.2
File transfer (151)
Instant message (141)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (62)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (98)
Over-the-Internet remote session (154)
Initiate remote control from mobile (129)
Remote management of servers & workstations (131)
Remote Active Directory® management (72)
Centralized management dashboard (95)
Session record (98)
Annotations (81)
Monitoring and Alerts (89)
Multi-platform remote control (124)

About TeamViewer

TeamViewer aims to empower users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 1.7 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time. Founded in 2005, the company employs more than 700 people in offices across Germany, the United States, Japan and Australia.

TeamViewer Integrations

TeamViewer Competitors

RescueAssist, SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS), BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)

TeamViewer Technical Details