TeamViewer Reviews

December 15, 2020
Jackie Ramos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have deployed it on all of our desktops for easy troubleshooting access for quick support for both the end user and our Help Support staff.
It was easy to setup and use. We are able to support laptops, desktops, and phones with a click of a button. Super fast and steady connection.
  • Quick Support to desktop.
  • Scheduling meetings with video and phone support.
  • Sharing a desktop for meeting.
  • Maybe forcing the two-factor mode.
  • More information in regards to privacy issues and notifying the end user.
  • Maybe some videos for the end users.
We recently had a user who wanted to do a training/demo and we where able to set him up with the TeamViewer
meeting module. Where he was able to invite others to his meeting. He was very happy with the setup and his meeting went well. The
app worked well and no performance issues. On an operational level it’s pretty
intuitive.
Read Jackie Ramos's full review
November 23, 2020
Bosko Adzic | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer has been used across the whole organization for a long period of time. Many departments, especially the ones that work closely with others and share the same information system, would often use it in order to check each other on entries or to improve or correct the previous ones. If the associate working on data entry isn't clear on something, a supervisor would connect and show the appropriate steps to be taken remotely. This would allow the supervisor to make sure that errors are avoided and also allow the associate to better understand the process and the correct procedures. Overall, it is a win-win situation.
  • Reliability
  • User-friendly interface
  • Ease of file transfer
  • Live chat
  • Security
  • Version support (newer versions do not support clients with older ones)
  • Connection stability
  • Multiple connections
When a new IS is introduced in the company, most of the users will require guidelines and additional support. This is where TeamViewer comes in play--it is very easy to show the steps rather than explaining them (there is the chat option as well). If you are responsible for analysis of company's operation process, you will often need to be able to connect to your work computer and check some data in order to give proper information to clients or senior management. All in all, it is an amazing way to improve productivity!
Although it was never my direct responsibility, I can say that the customer support is something that we never had issues with using TeamViewer. If there would ever be an issue, it would be sorted out in a very timely manner and without wait or delays.
Read Bosko Adzic's full review
October 30, 2020
Viktor Mulac | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are three main ways we use TeamViewer - it is a great tool to share desktops, applications or collaborate on documents in a geographically spread team. It is also embedded in some of our applications as a tool for IT helpdesk, to access remotely our PCs and notebooks by performing diagnostics, repairs of the installed software or performing ad-hoc updates. Frequently is it used also as a collaboration tool, where we share the application among more people and allow to hand-over command of the local machine to the other party. It is better to allow the user to perform the necessary changes, instead of letting him or her to explain it by phone or email.
  • Desktop sharing and remote control of the remote machine, within the full version without time and other limitations
  • Good for web meetings
  • It is integrated (or can be integrated) to MS Outlook
  • It is web-based and easy to use
  • Allow a single sign-on on our computers, one has to remember another login (maybe it is a built in feature, but I have not found how to to set it up) and it is not worth spending more then few minutes on such "improvement"
  • There are limitations regarding sharing large files, if I want to share within a meeting a 2 GB data file, have to use another cloud service, which means another login, another app, another interface - would be helpful to integrate large volume data sharing
  • By working at the client site, there are frequently proxy server limitations, and TeamViewer does not work there.
  • Remote wakeup for the partner PC - if I work remotely on another computer via TeamViewer and the other PC hibernates or restarts etc. it is impossible to reconnect and continue with the work, one has to physically access the remote computer and start a new session
The main reasons for using TeamViewer is its stability, and it connects smoothly and each time I want to use it (except random issues with proxies from some client sites). There is no need to logout, reinstall, restart etc. Unlike the other solutions I have used before - the Webex which was sometimes a nerve-wrecking experience, when trying to connect under time pressure and the remote system / user just was not able to connect.
Read Viktor Mulac's full review
October 14, 2020
Corus Mabulwana | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TeamViewer specifically from ICT for support purposes, where we connect to users remotely to take control of their computers to address the various challenges users experience. With the COVID-19 Lockdown, TeamViewer has been a vital tool and allowed us to work as if we were in the office. It is no doubt, our worked more than doubled, and without TeamViewer, we wouldn't have been able to make it, looking at the fact that most of our users are not tech savvy, and as such, explaining simple steps, was a huge challenge.
  • The ability to resolve problems remotely.
  • Speed and efficiency to connect to users' computers using the corporate portal where you can see all connected clients.
  • Reporting, which gives us an overview of the Return of Investment on the product.
  • The main challenge we experience with the product, is when we need to perform a task which requires elevation, as you can no longer have control of the remote computer, but to try and get the end user to follow instruction.
  • I think just like with some earlier edition, where one could deploy a script along with the customized client to deal with these, it can go a long way. In some cases, even though you can get the user to elevate, they will still struggle to do certain things.
  • Another way TeamViewer can improve the product, would be to allow a web based connection method, without the need to download and install the QuickConnect App, as many of our elder generation users, will be able to click the link to download the app, but cannot locate the download from their browsers or folders.
Being a corporate client, the ability to create support groups and manage those user groups accordingly depending on their support tiers is an added advantage and makes it a lot easier to monitor users who are connected and are still waiting to be assisted. Engineers can assign pending remote sessions to themselves and take over the sessions to assist and in that way, ensuring compliance to our Service Level Agreements.
I still feel there's a lot that can be done, more especially when it comes to customer requests, as I had at some stage I had requested a feature which was available in an earlier version, but I couldn't get it, although it was important for us. With the current edition, when an action you need to perform on a user's computer, requires elevation, you lose total control on the user's PC, and have to rely on the user's competent to take the rest of the steps you have to perform, as you can only see, and not control the remote PC.
Read Corus Mabulwana's full review
August 14, 2020
Logan Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer WAS used across our entire organization for several years. We used it to remotely access customers' machines as well as unattended access for our own devices. I would not recommend TeamViewer. We interfaced many problems and clunky security that made usage slow. Additionally, many clients' firewalls would not allow the download of their exe file. Because of these frustrations and our growing cost due to license numbers, we searched for alternatives and moved to the Zoho Assit platform which is faster, easier to use, and significantly cheaper. We thought we had cancelled our auto-renew, but apparently we did not. We contacted TeamViewer within two hours of the renewal to cancel. They acknowledged that we had not been using TeamViewer for months, however, their fine print required cancellation 28 days prior to renewal. Nice, really nice. They are enforcing a 365-day contract less than 2 hours into it. I fully admit we agreed to those terms, however, is that how anyone wants to be treated? We are less than half of one percent into the subscription, refund 80% and keep 19.995% for your 'trouble.'
  • Easy-to-use interface.
  • Fast connectivity.
  • They do a great job at marketing their product.
  • Care about your customer.
  • Don't sucker punch people with fine print.
  • Have a policy for pro-rating terminations.
I will never use them again. Bad business practices and better products for less investment elsewhere. Go to Zoho One.
I was stonewalled with no compassion. To be clear, their business practice is to auto-renew accounts, and Team Viewer's fine print states you must cancel 28 days or more before the auto-renewal. Despite contacting them within 2 hours of the auto-renewal I was held to the fine print and must pay for an entire year. No option to prorate even 50% of it back despite being 0.001% into the contract. Are they abiding by terms, yes. Am I responsible, yes. Is this how you want to be treated? Your call.
Read Logan Baker's full review
September 30, 2020
The two owners (myself included) use or have used TeamViewer to stay connected to our company computers/terminals when we are at home, on the road, or out of town. It enables us to work from home, and to stay connected even when traveling for seminars, meetings, and etc. Or even if we want to check in while on vacation!
  • Team Viewer provides a secure and efficient computer to computer connection, allowing us to access our main screen with a laptop (or etc) remotely.
  • Team Viewer is robustly designed and has many capabilities.
  • Team Viewer connections times, with good wifi or high speed, are fast. Accessing a another computer screen remotely seems almost as if you are at the computer/screen itself.
  • For my/our use, we would be happy to have a less costly version of Team Viewer that would give us remote access only.
  • Two problems that we have experienced have to do with the company itself, and not so much the product: (1) Automatic renewal and they make it (almost) impossible to cancel, unless you contact them at least a month prior to renewal. (2) It is very difficult to reach Customer Service.
I would likely mention Team Viewer as a consideration to someone who needs to access multiple computers, or to link several operators and computers together for a meeting, etc. If someone only needs to access one or two other computers/terminals, there are other products that I think offer much more value for the price.
I was able to talk to sales about our problem (of being charged for an additional year subscription when we had asked to cancel), and Sales and I had a nice conversation. But when I contacted TeamViewer Support by email to request that our subscription be canceled, they very "nicely" told me by email that I should have read the "fine print". And that they can "Automatically Renew" a subscription for a year if they do not receive a cancellation request a month before the expiration of the current subscription. (When I called Support, I was put on hold; and I held, and held, and held, etc.) Admittedly, part of the problem was mine. I sent in my cancellation request after the deadline that TeamViewer outlines in their "fine print". But, I still feel that TeamViewer could have or should have a policy of refunding at least a large percentage of the "Automatic Renewal" charge, especially if the customer is not utilizing the subscription.
September 03, 2020
It was being used to provide remote access to a shared computer, which is no longer needed. It was also being used to allow me to provide remote support or access needed files when away from the office.
I would not recommend TeamViewer in any scenario. It is unreliable and may not be available when needed most. When it is available it is usually very slow and unresponsive. When you need help technical or billing, they are extremely unhelpful and one of the least professional companies I have ever dealt with. They also have a very sneaky EULA, they hide details way down to try and lock users into their contract, and do not provide any details anywhere on their site as to how you can cancel. Definitely recommend looking for other solutions.
Support is unprofessional and very difficult to reach. Long wait times on the phone and either unhelpful or no response to tickets submitted by website.
May 27, 2020
Derek Sanborn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used TeamViewer to remote into our customers servers to trouble shoot technical issues. It's important that we have a secure and reliable connection because we are dealing with sensitive health data.
  • Secure connection.
  • It's not as simple or straightforward for small team of users.
  • Customer support is poor.
  • Business practices are poor.
If you need to continuously remote into other machines securely, this is an option. It's also helpful to control a team of support reps who you want to control access to specific machines. I do not believe it to be the best option on the market but if you can catch a flash sale, it can be a good value.
Support was a weak spot. We had a lot of trouble getting a hold of support when we needed help live on a support call. They really tried to push you to a help center with documentation or via email.
Read Derek Sanborn's full review
April 16, 2020
Christopher Pillion | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using it in our organization, we are using it for a great remote access. It provides a quick connection and supports many platforms like computers, phones, iPhone and still it does not consume much of the data connection and also automatically connects when your data gets refreshed after interruption. TeamViewer is very easy to install and very easy to use as well. You can simply collaborate with your employees and give them your valued suggestions in case of any troubleshoot so it is good for their training.
  • I love to transfer my files on my desktop though sometimes it takes time, but still I am having an incredible experience with it. It has great features and functions for organizing our data.
  • I mostly use it through my phone and it has made easier for me to assist my clients and to keep an eye on what they are going through regarding any troubleshoot.
  • It works as security system efficiently and detects any issues going on in my devices and provides me with notifications. With TeamViewer I am not at all worried about my security and privacy.
  • I have to face some backup issues while working if internet connection is broken.
  • I also face some issues during file upload because heavy files require much time to upload.
TeamViewer is perfect for remote installation of any software and you can easily correspond with your team members, you can give them lectures about any issue they face for example adjusting the browse settings and adjusting VPN, because this software is associated with a phone call. I would say it is the best suited platform for our organization.
I would say TeamViewer has a responsive customer support which provides professional and skilled services. This program is playing an excellent role in our company. You can have access to multiple desktops and trust me, the communication delay between your command and computer is very effective. Sometime it takes a second delay but that is okay. It has high security concerns and it lets you get connected to a particular client after verifying the client machine ID.
Read Christopher Pillion's full review
March 27, 2020
Bruno Carvalho | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can say that TeamViewer software is installed on all computers in the organization, and we are the ones who administer this tool. With the software installed, we were able to resolve more than 90% of user technical calls by accessing the computer remotely. It has been advancing and helping the organization's IT support team a lot.
  • Quick access and problem solving.
  • Saving disk space.
  • Reduction of travel in the company.
  • It always depends on the internet.
  • Sometimes there is a delay in the connection.
The main scenario for using the tool is remote access to solve problems in the IT area, such as: installing files and programs, uninstalling files and programs, accessing Windows settings, installing printers, scanners, freeing up disk space, backup, corrupted data. Users always praise the tool and the team because problems are always resolved quickly.
Perfect software for communication and remote support. It is safe, has a friendly interface, fast and easy to learn and use. It has helped every day in solving technical problems.
Read Bruno Carvalho's full review
February 27, 2020
MUKESHI RANI MALIK | TrustRadius Reviewer
I often have to work remotely and this was the tool I used to ensure that I could still get into my system when working from offsite, a remote location or from home. I leave TeamViewer running on the host machine and then remote in when required. The primary concern was reliability as I needed something that wouldnt crash or shut down since that would significantly impact my work. In all the time I used this, I never ran into that issue.
  • Being able to reboot and still connect back to the host machine is a life saver. There might be times when your PC locks up or an update causes the system to reboot. In those scenarios you want something that will reconnect and get you back in.
  • It is super reliable. I counted heavily on it to not crash or close itself when needed and it never let me down. Nothing worse than think you can remote into your PC and finding out your remote tool wasnt running. Never had this issues with TeamViewer.
  • Speed was also really good. Working from Hotels etc means I am not always on blazing fast internet so I needed something that would work well even on low bandwidth. This performed admirably.
  • The mobile version is a little difficult to navigate. I understand part of that is because you are using it on a smaller screen and controlling a different OS but it can still do better in that scenario.
Perfect if you need to leave a machine running that you can remote in for later. I imagine it would also be great if you are providing software support since its really easy to install, configure and run. Its also great for personal use since its free and still contains all features.

I wouldnt use it for transferring or sharing large file sizes. I dont think the tool is designed for that.

Its reliable and we got answers in decent turn around time.
Read MUKESHI RANI MALIK's full review
March 13, 2020
Being an engineering consulting company means we have a lot of clients that we need to support remotely because most of our clients are not within driving distance but also need 24/7 support. We use TeamViewer to quickly log into client computers to do troubleshooting or test software with hardware that is only available at the customer site. It cuts down on travel costs and greatly improves our response time.
  • Ability to keep a list of multiple computers across a lot of sites. The organization and grouping is nice.
  • I can use it on my PC, Mac, or iPhone and it works great on any platform.
  • It supports multiple screens very well.
  • It’s version specific so if a client has a newer version installed then I have to pay to upgrade.
  • They swapped to a subscription model instead of a one-time purchase.
  • If the network connection is poor I have to try multiple times in order to connect to the computer.
  • It’s not extremely reliable when it comes to being able to connect to remote computers every time.
If you need to quickly do a remote session with a client and see what they are seeing on their end for troubleshooting or need to do a Remote Desktop connection without being on the same network then it’s fantastic. It’s also good for transferring files and copy-paste is also supported across your computer and the remote one. If the file is really large then the transfer can take a long time, though. Because of the reliability issues I have experienced I wouldn’t recommend it for critical applications.
October 15, 2019
Tom Cheever | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Team Viewer to provide remote support to clients. Each support technician has access to the quick support function and also a grouping of clients that are assigned to them.
  • Custom branding: the customer sees our brand, our logo, and our text when they open Team Viewer.
  • Ease of use: our technicians can simply click a computer on their dashboard and be connected to the client in seconds. Once connected, we can easily support the client, drop files, and use a whiteboard function if need be.
  • File transfers: file transfers are easy to do through Team Viewer by using the inbuilt tools on the toolbar.
  • Custom branding: while the option to custom brand what the customer sees when they open Team Viewer exists, the option to customize the program as a whole (like what Screen Connect does) does not. Team Viewer is not 100% white label, as you cannot change the program name, icon, or taskbar settings.
  • Annoying popups: we purchased the pro version of Team Viewer 12. The next month Team Viewer 13 came out. Since that day, we have gotten constant popups and emails offering us discounts to upgrade to the next level. Even after clicking the option to never show again, the annoying messages return within a day or two.
  • Two-factor authentication: perhaps a necessary evil? But who on earth is going to want to add a computer to our account if they are not being supported by us or have access to that account? Each time we add a new computer to our account, we must verify it through a link sent to our email, which we don't always have access to. It's an annoying and timely second step that should not be required.
Team Viewer is great for remote supporting an office or clients. Don't count on it for supporting mobile devices though.
Read Tom Cheever's full review
December 23, 2019
Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used to support client workstations and home computers. We support a variety of non technical and less savvy users. This allows for easy remote access, but allows for peace of mind of each computer owner that their PC is both secure (thanks to the option of ad-hoc password access) as well as continual support to be able to make things right. TeamViewer is priced well and easy to use. It is also used as a VPN alternative for some users/systems.
  • Easy to use by both support staff and customers.
  • Has a variety of strong options, including password protection that has useful features.
  • The TeamViewer website could be easier to use.
  • Pricing could be better.
Needed something I could demo very easily to see if I like it. In addition, need something relatively easy to deploy to very non savvy customers that had options to always allow access, or to have challenged access. Also needed an option that is lightweight and not a resource hog. This has worked very well for us on these fronts. Perfect for small business or if interacting with large numbers of less than technical staff or clients.
Haven't needed a whole lot of support. To me, that's a great product that doesn't need a ton of it. Installation is easy. Their website has what you need. I haven't had to ever call their support, but the product works. Makes my day easier, and I have recommended this product to others. They have had similar results.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
August 15, 2019
Rahul Dhangar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Teamviewer is so far the most preferred software in my org for everyday remote support requests for installing software and other troubleshooting tasks as and when they arise. It is well built with an enterprise-grade UI and minimalistic learning curve to start off using it. The value it brings to our organization is tremendous and its easy portability between different systems is a great plus.
  • Easy to access from any type of device, be it tablet, mobile or PC
  • Its multiplatform interoperability is just awesome
  • Ease of use is simply adorable
  • Commercial user license is on a higher side which restricts small company users to utilize its services
  • Some good efforts to be made in order to make it more stable on the premises having lower bandwidth internet connection
Teamviewer is best suited for any team who can afford their commercial licensing costs and have a good enough bandwidth to support its connection for a seamless work experience. It could be a bit pocket heavy for small team sizes where budget is stringent and if budget is a problem, then one should look at other cheaper options
Read Rahul Dhangar's full review
December 03, 2019
ONeal Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
Teamviewer is used by the IT Support team to help troubleshoot users remotely. It is used for the entire organization and helps when users are having issues and cannot fix it themselves.
  • Remote control access.
  • Ease of use.
  • A widely popular software.
  • Better support for Mac.
  • Better support for iPhone.
This software is great as it allows the Support team to help troubleshoot issues remotely. Not good for conference calls or screen sharing in meetings.
They are generally helpfully when dealing with issues with the software. Not a huge fan of the billing options. To change Billing info required a call into support. This should be available on the web portal like most other services.
Read ONeal Taylor's full review
December 02, 2019
João Mauricio | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer software is used in our company Grupo Boticário intensively by the user support team. All so-called technicians involving any type of remote access is the TeamViewer tool that is used. It is very practical and easy to use by everyone. The user only needs to have the tool installed, and access is guaranteed with the ID and password.
  • Time optimization
  • Easy and fast remote access
  • Efficient support
  • Always needs internet
  • If the internet link is too bad, access is slower.
The best scenario for using this tool is in support teams. Through TeamViewer support we can solve software problems on users' computers. We were able to install and uninstall programs, remove files, and other things. It is a lightweight, beautiful and fast tool. It's easy to use for everyone at IT.
As I said earlier, TeamViewer is safe, has a lightweight, beautiful, and easy-to-use graphical user interface for all our employees. Remote access is easy to do and always solves any open problem in so-called technicians. A grade of 10 is for all of that. It is a tool that we recommend for anyone who wants to use something reliable and functional.
Read João Mauricio's full review
November 13, 2019
Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is being used as a helping tool for software support teams in our organization. We assist customers with connecting into their machines and give them walkthroughs of the processes and record and report issues with video evidence of the happenings. Recordings from TeamViewer play a vital role in recording a case for the Dev team to see the issue and then work it out accordingly.
  • Good Remote Connection
  • Good Recording
  • Connecting at a good frame rate so does not lag mostly
  • Is not a high bandwidth consumer
  • Once a recording is completed, the other attempt of recording a session mostly does not respond
  • More work on resolution and frame rate
  • Multiple number of connections to the same session
I would for sure recommend TeamViewer to a small team of support personnel but a large team would require some more advanced tool with more licenses. Sometimes TeamViewer faces issues opening a session once another user just logged off from a session. Overall, it's a workable product that is widely used but more suited for small teams.
Due to the issues on recordings and some time failures in File transfers, it causes issues for new users and they cannot determine the problem and have to kill the session and start over. The rest of the tool works for us and we are working with it without any issues.
Read Sohaib Ahmed Khattak - PCI QIR's full review
September 20, 2019
Andrea Wroot | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is a wonderful solution for providing support via remote desktop and training. It is part of our department for more than 2 years and being used every day. We can connect between devices and perform troubleshooting for our clients and also provide training to our teams in other offices. This goes beyond any doubt that TeamViewer is certainly the best and trustable solution for remote support.
  • Easy accessibility of all the devices - desktop, laptop, tablets or mobile.
  • Fast and uninterrupted file transfers.
  • Easy to deploy in the company.
  • Supports all the major platforms.
  • Remote session lags if the bandwidth is below average.
  • The mobile application has limited features.
If you are a big company and wants to avoid visiting floors to provide tech support then TeamViewer is the solution you need. It is a trustable brand, therefore, if you have to connect with your clients to provide tech support they will not hesitate while granting the permission of their security systems.
Although TeamViewer is easy to operate and trouble-free, there were times when we encountered connectivity and implementation issues but I am glad that all our issues were instantly solved by the brilliant Support team.
Read Andrea Wroot's full review
August 29, 2019
Alan Gadbois | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is used in Support for folks who have non-network joined machines.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease of implementation.
  • Admin Rights.
  • Making support's user password resets easier.
It was great for supporting users and viewing what is going on in a computer. It allows for a great amount of control on user systems, and admin support is easy.
Updates come regularly, and the management of admin users is done completely on our end. It's very nice and easy to use and implement.
Read Alan Gadbois's full review
December 16, 2019
Rafael Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
The TeamViewer tool is used by the company's IT department. More specifically, the remote technical support team. With this software the team makes technical calls remotely without moving to the site. All problems are solved quickly thanks to remote access. The interface is super friendly, clean, beautiful and easy to use.
  • Fast remote access.
  • Secure with encryption.
  • It always depends on the speed of the internet.
  • A little delay rarely.
This software is always recommended for IT support teams. With this tool, the company saves on fuel and travel time for support staff to solve computer problems. Remote access is for installing and uninstalling programs, adjusting operating system settings, blocking applications and services, backup, removing and deleting files and other things.
In case of problems this tool also has great technical support. We have had minor problems with the software crashing and restarting the computer. But the manufacturer's support team helped us with new installation and registry files, and the issue was resolved. We highly recommend this tool and technical support.
Read Rafael Silva's full review
December 11, 2019
Alan Gadbois | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is used in our organization as a method of support between existing employees as well as between us and clients. We use this to help troubleshoot noncorporate computers or client computers when there are technical issues with our website or other tools.
  • Ease of integration.
  • Support management.
  • Support accounts.
TeamViewer is well suited for situations where there is general support needed for any capacity. It is great for website or software troubleshooting. It can admin problems but generally it is good at support.
As a support user getting a password reset for my account was tricky at times but generally its fine
Read Alan Gadbois's full review
August 14, 2019
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
At my previous position, we used TeamViewer two-fold. One for IT troubleshooting network/PC issues remotely and secondly, to update the presentation slideshows on multiple monitors across two campuses, one in Florida, one in Massachusetts.
  • Login is seamless to any installed base via the app.
  • Multiple user access streamlines workflow.
  • Remote access to multiple desktops at work.
  • When a system has a pending Windows update, TeamViewer has connectivity issues.
  • Set the number of users able to be logged on at once. Someone needs to log out for someone to log in at certain points.
  • File uploading remotely to an active desktop has connectivity issues.
For small networks with a dedicated IT team TeamViewer is great, or, as we used it, if you use thumb drive style mini-computers on monitors, you can change the content on the screen from anywhere.
Support has been top notch with no issues and they are quick to resolve roadblocks.
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
August 13, 2019
Lujan Aromando | TrustRadius Reviewer
Software for remote control, desktop, and file transferring and sharing between computers. Provides remote support and collaborative online. You can connect to different remote computers and laptops. Is a remote access solution that helps improve your business. Easy to use, very good features. Can also use the web conferences option in a remote mode.
  • Remote support
  • File sharing
  • Collaborative online
  • Slow internet connections do not help their productivity
  • Remote Support
  • Sharing files
Excellent remote desktop access solutions. Incredible fast and secure global network. Through innovative technology, it can do remote administration of unattended services. Perfect for network sharing and perfect for file sharing.
Easy to access. Achieves its intention of network sharing.
Read Lujan Aromando's full review
November 15, 2019
Oscar Avelar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TeamViewer in all departments. For us, it's an easy way to give access to a personal assistant or a help desk assistant. We use several applications for different vendors and TeamViewer is a tool used for all of them. This tool helps us to collaborate and save time when troubleshooting to get a solution as fast as we can.
  • Easy to use.
  • Everyone knows about it. And It's very easy to get and install.
  • One side license is enough to start using it.
  • The option to save the session with an administrator password helps to improve security and user control.
  • The price of upgrades. It supposed to be a lifetime license but it's not when you realize that the version you get goes obsolete and migration is almost as expensive as getting a new license.
  • It does not have a lockout option to avoid both users (local and remote) to control at the desktop at the same time. Change controls between users would be a good improvement
  • License scheme. A subscription license including upgrades could be better.
We use it a lot when we work with our providers. All of them are familiarized with the tool and it is a fast way to get support. I say this is a good scenario for anyone.
On the other hand, for our internal use, we use other tools like Webex Meetings because TeamViewer does not offer SIP integration. If you need to video conference with a desk control, TeamViewer is not the best option.
We haven't had much trouble using TeamViewer. It is a very stable application. We have asked for support just for license issues and the response time was very appropriate. We got a fast solution. Also, it is easy to get instant assistance via online chat. Very convenient for our system administrator.
Read Oscar Avelar's full review

Screen sharing (165)
File transfer (155)
Instant message (145)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (64)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (101)
Over-the-Internet remote session (159)
Initiate remote control from mobile (133)
Remote management of servers & workstations (136)
Remote Active Directory® management (73)
Centralized management dashboard (97)
Session record (100)
Annotations (82)
Monitoring and Alerts (91)
Multi-platform remote control (126)

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer aims to empower users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2.5 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time. Founded in 2005, the company employs more than 1,200 people globally.

TeamViewer Video

Introduction to TeamViewer

TeamViewer Integrations

TeamViewer Competitors

GoToAssist Remote Support, SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS), BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)

TeamViewer Pricing