TeamViewer

Great All-In-One solution only if you use it all

May 05, 2022

Quickly connect to remote computers

April 29, 2022

Good tool for desktop accessing

April 11, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Screen sharing (280)

Over-the-Internet remote session (276)

File transfer (265)

1 user, up to 200 managed devices

Premium

50 users, up to 300 managed devices

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/buy-now

Remote Administration

What is TeamViewer?

The TeamViewer suite of remote connectivity, augmented reality, IT management, and customer-first engagement solutions empowers you to connect to any device to support anyone, any process, or anything — from anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2.5 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time.

TeamViewer Features

TeamViewer Competitors

TeamViewer Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

What is TeamViewer's best feature?

Reviewers rate Screen sharing highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses TeamViewer?

The most common users of TeamViewer are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Ankit Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm using TeamViewer for many years, but during the lockdowns during the pandemic peak days, we all were mandated to work from home. Now, we are having most of our files on our office PC and then TeamViewer played a vital role, it allowed accessing the office systems via our laptop or mobile remotely.
  • TeamViewer works great in all the environments.
  • It works on Smartphones, Tablets, and Computers as well.
  • It can be also used to transfer files, chatting, video calling, remote printing, etc.
  • TeamViewer is one of the best solution for remote diagnosing.
  • Its premium pricing is subscription based, and is a little bit on the higher side.
  • It doesn't work as expected on slow internet connections, connection breaks so often.
  • Remote wakeup feature doesn't work on many systems.
TeamViewer is well suited in any case where one wants to remotely access a device. It works great in most the use cases. It is one of the must-have software for employees who are working from home. This might be not suitable for you if you want to access a mobile from another mobile.
Juan Felipe Maillane Tabares | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use TeamViewer to perform deployment tasks on application servers remotely, I also use it to control my computer remotely and perform code reviews, ticket management, connect through VPN networks, check application logs, do error handling and perform devops and infrastructure tasks.
  • Full control of equipment remotely.
  • Compatibility with different operating systems.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Sometimes is difficult to connect and I got several errors before I can get connected.
  • It should have a version of the UI more adapted to mobile devices.
  • The possibility to control mobile devices.
It is very useful for equipment control and remote monitoring of problems, it cannot be used to control mobile devices, this could be a very useful feature that could be included although it has many security and privacy considerations.
TeamViewer is a well known name in the field of remote desktop. One can easily access another PC or Laptop using TeamViewer at their Mobile or other PC. We primarily use TeamViewer to work from home, I use to access my office PC using my Laptop or vice-versa. I also like thier additional services, like TeamViewer Meetings, remote printing, file sharing, etc.
  • TeamViewer works on nearly all types of devices, like Mobile, Tablet, PC, Laptop or smart TVs
  • TeamViewer is well known name, we don't have to request others to install it everytime
  • Its user interface and feature sets are awesome
  • It works on nearly all type smart devices
  • File sharing, remote printing and live video calling are also good like screen sharing
  • It behaves weird when used on a pc without monitor. No resolution change allowed in many use cases
  • We have to manually authenticate each device associated (or to be associated) with out TeamViewer account
  • Not work that much great with Mobile or slow internet connections
TeamViewer is one of the must have software these days. Anyone who wants to access a device using another device, might use TeamViewer as the remote desktop solution provider. TeamViewer can be easily used while working from home or while working remotely. It not work that great when using to access mobiles using PCs.
Earlier it was difficult to us to resolve any pc related query over phone. It was time consuming activity, especially for those users who have no technical knowledge. With TeamViewer we able to get remote access of user system, which help us to resolve queries faster. Once user shared screen it is easier to us to resolve their queries more quickly. i.e. Printer installation, Program Installation etc.
  • screen sharing
  • file transfer
  • License is costlier than other
  • file transfer is quite lengthy process in Teamviewer
  • it gets hanged sometimes due to server issue but this is the rare case.
As per my experience, Teamviewer is well suited for all companies. Even it is well suited for professionals also. It is useful tool which must have in their organization. It is useful only if you have multiple offices. It is not suitable for single small office where all users are at one place.
We used TeamViewer as a remote desktop access to get support users with the different solutions they're using. It was deployed across all departments to speed up issues resolution and more importantly, allow agents to get better reproducible examples of what is not working as well as the environment variables.
  • Straightforward setup for both admins and users.
  • Very proficient file transfer.
  • All-in-one solution if you need more than desktop control.
  • Difficult to justify the price considering all other alternatives.
  • No self-hosted option which ended up being a deal breaker for us.
  • Customer support got worse over the years, difficult to reach out.
TeamViewer is great for traditional support scenarios where an agent needs to double-check information or reproduce the issue from a user perspective. The performance is generally very good with no noticeable lags or freezes. You buy concurrent user licenses so that's definitely a plus on the budget side, compared to named users options.
I use normally TeamViewer to assist my customers every day. It is simple and very useful. I have many customer's folders and in every folder, I put VMs Server connection.
  • useful
  • simple
  • known by all end users
  • increase security
  • Possibility to approve connection by the client also if TeamViewer start like service
In my opinion Teamviewer is very useful for managing remote server of the customers instead to establish a vpn client session. It's good for users assistant too. It is not appropriate if you need to give assistance in a productive environment where the PC move machinery like robots and where fo move it in security, the operator should approve the connection for exclude human presence near robots.
Steve Lollar | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is currently our remote support solution to manage endpoint computers and really helps us with our remote workforce. It allows us to connect and view the user's screen, and makes troubleshooting easy. All that's needed is a network connection, so this is a game-changer for us. We can also use TeamViewer to transfer files.
  • Connect to an end user's computer or mobile device.
  • Allows our IT department to support a remote workforce
  • Makes transferring files from one device to another easier
  • Some connections are periodically dropped
  • Speed of connection
  • UI could be simplified
During COVID, it definitely helped troubleshoot issues with work-from-home users. We could also transfer install .exe of ISO files to deploy software. In some cases, our remote workforce would not have a fast network connection at home. Sometimes TeamViewer would drop the connection, or flat out refuse it.
TeamViewer and Tensor provide remote tools that enable support staff to quickly start sessions, elevate permissions, and fix issues. We use this to regularly connect to faculty and staff in order to ease the issues that come with being separated by physical distance. Clearly stating the purpose of the remote session tends to alleviate any concerns with the person with who you are controlling their computer. Works with many different operating systems on and off the corporate networks.
  • Simplicity
  • Support
  • File transfer
  • Admin experience.
  • Requires installation.
TeamViewer is great at setting up and tracking the inventory of systems with which you control. The blank screen option is nice for when you need to connect to a device after hours and do not want to startle the crew that might be working around the space. Recording every session would be helpful to track inappropriate use of the tool.
Rafay Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using TeamViewer for the following purposes in my organization:
1. Providing customer technical support to our clients.
2. Solving backend server problems.
3. Sharing files from one device to another through remote connection.
4. Discussions will be held sometimes before start working on different projects.
5. It would be great If TeamViewer has an option of managing board or simulation to show up technical analysis to our clients.
6. Online sessions of training would be done through this application.
7. User-friendly environment of this application helps our employees a lot.
  • Online Learning Platform
  • Technical Support through remote access
  • Freely Accessible
  • Camera option in a chat box
  • AutoIntellisense is required
  • Lock screen option would be there
I have used this platform in various places like universities, colleges, and my organization. Although I have used this application in various banks to solve the server problems and provide some lectures in meetings. It would be a great experience to have such a type of application. TeamViewer plays a vital role in Covid19 as it becomes a superhero of providing support through remote access.
Wayne Ragusa | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer was and is used as a backup form of remote access for our remote users. the reason we have TeamViewer is that we have a lot of users who are not on our Primary network. this allows us to support them wherever they are. It is easy enough for my Engineers to use
  • File Transfers
  • Ease of install when system is on site
  • Better remote access options
  • Speed
  • End-users need knowledge not easy for them
The software works well enough for a Small shop. Once you grow it becomes too cumbersome to manage. While the software does what it should it does not excel at anything. I think this software is good for a small subset of users less than 50 end users. Keep that in mind
Ho Sung | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used for remote management on a PC in the office. It's frequently used by individuals and is easy to understand. So easy to use. And we're using it for the customer to remote manage. But when a failure occurs, we can not prove it.
  • Lot of users
  • Well known
  • Anxiety about security
  • Easy number exposure
  • Must be installed
We used remote support (Teamviewer) for our customers. But the customer's PC was secured. In particular, I couldn't install it on that PC. There was no way to solve this problem, and in the end, after paying a lot of time and money, I went to solve the problem.

No install is a trend, But Teamviewer is old.
Mohammad Mashmoushi | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a systems administrator, I must ensure that all our employees' computers are running the compulsory programs at our company & perform driver installations & firmware updates whenever necessary. That's where TeamViewer comes to play. I'm now able to quickly connect to the user's machine & perform the necessary operations remotely & conveniently. Considering that I no longer need to physically be in front of the user's computer for resolving software issues, I'd say TeamViewer has saved me a ton of time & effort.
  • Remotely connect & control computers & mobile.
  • Ease of wireless data transfer between computers & mobile.
  • Maintains visual clarity & response time even at times when internet speed is a tad slow.
  • Control gestures on mobile (two-finger scroll, tap & hold as right-click, pinch to zoom, etc.) can be improved in terms of input latency.
  • UI simplicity & refinements on the mobile version can better be implemented in the desktop version as well.
  • Hidden Function key & other hotkeys should be more visible on the mobile version of the software.
Often times I'd receive an email from an employee where his/her computer is suddenly showing an error when launching a program after a new update; be it an OS update or from the software itself. TeamViewer has enabled me to wirelessly connect & interact with the employee's machine to diagnose & resolve the issue either using my office computer or from my mobile when I'm outside. For IT work & remote computer management, TeamViewer is simply a must-have tool in my arsenal of programs.
Rakhi Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
The TeamViewer is simple to learn and navigate. The ability to tackle projects even when you are not physically at the office is awesome. TeamViewer has excellent screen-sharing options. You can also share files and you do have a remote control option which is awesome. I like its ability for screen mirroring and file transfer abilities.
  • Ability for screen mirroring
  • File transfer abilities
  • Great image quality
  • Frequent pop ups for upgrades
  • Sometimes has trouble launching
  • Expensive
This software has great image quality compared to other remote software products. The ability to text and voice chat through the computers is great for remote support during the pandemic. I use this application a little because there is not always training, but the times I use it have been very useful to help someone and receive help remotely, so I recommend it.
James Richard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Teamviewer from a remote help standpoint. Our integration is with intune and JAMF and it uses very little interaction from the end-user. We do everything from intune or JAMF and use those remote sessions to get into the computer to assist our end users. Before intune and JAMF we had users go to a customized web address and had them download the remote session.
  • Integration with current systems
  • Ease of use
  • Management of computers with the organization
  • More streamlined drop down when in remote session.
  • The chat box
TeamViewer replaced a very clunky remote help program and TeamViewer is just so easy to use and integrate into any environment. It has helped with the ease of use by our end users.
Jay Thakkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using TeamViewer for connecting with colleagues. TeamViewer helps to share screens and talk with colleagues. Connecting remotely solves many problems; we are using TeamViewer for solving coding bugs, and also we can access the screen of participants through it. We are also using TeamViewer to fix the issue of another participant's system.
  • Screen sharing
  • Access to participant's system
  • Talking with colleagues
  • If more than 25 users can join TeamViewer, it's more useful
Once my colleague had an error in his code, so we connected through TeamViewer, and I could access his system, we solved that issue. If I talk about a less appropriate scenario which is where I am using TeamViewer through mobile data, and TeamViewer is lagging too much, which needs to improve, I think.
TeamViewer is a great tool! I have been using it for connecting with my colleagues. A lot of times, we are stuck with the code or generally with a setting in the OS, and TeamViewer then comes in handy. We easily take remote control and resolve the issue. We also used TeamViewer in code review. It is fast, secure, easy to use, and I love it. It's free to use for individuals, and the Business plan is not too costly either. It also comes in handy when we have to get any software installed, and the system admin could easily take remote control and install the software for us. It also lets you talk with each other using audio/video input. It also has a messaging system in place if you don't want to have a call.
  • Taking remote control
  • Sharing files from one machine to another
  • Talk via messaging or audio/video
  • Is fast, secure, and easy to use
  • I don't think I have any improvements in mind. It does what it is made to do, and it does that efficiently.
It comes in handy when you have to get software installed by your system admin. Or you are stuck with some code/task that you need to get done, so you can take help from your colleagues, and they can take remote control and help you with the task. It also can be used for code reviews.
Afridi Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
So we are a product-based company, and we always need to take the remote access to the customers whenever they face any challenges in the product, and that helps us to sit at a place and solve a number of problems which are faced by our customers. TeamViewer is a very amazing tool that takes remote access and is easy to use plus, it helps us share the files from us to them so that the task gets easier again; instead of mailing, we directly transfer it to the customer's machine.
  • File transfer
  • Communication
  • Multiple device transfer in free version
In the software and service industry, it is the solution, plus there are several more remote access tools, but TeamViewer is ahead of all first and only one software which helps the companies to solve all the issues sitting at home, office, or wherever. I had a very great experience in the pandemic as a customer was facing issues, and he had some tool for remote access, but it was not that perfect, and my work was not suited to it. I asked him to download TeamViewer, and I took the access and solved the issue, and he was satisfied, so it was a savior in the pandemic.
Stephen Swan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being available 24/7 is part of my job and carrying a laptop around with me everywhere is overly burdensome for a five minute fix.<br>I always have my phone with me and an ipad 80% of the time but our current vpn doesn't support mobile devices.<br><br>I use TeamViewer to connect to my onsite computer from any other device as necessary.<br><br>
  • Intuitive Interface
  • Secure
  • Convenient
  • Works Well
  • Free version will not run on Windows Server OS
TeamViewer is appropriate for individuals or small businesses that require continuous access to their systems but can't/haven't setup an enterprise vpn with mobile access.
TeamViewer also works well to support friends/family computers. Ad-hoc connections allow easy access to their machines and help them through any issues.
TeamViewer is the most amazing and most acceptable software in the market that provides effortless access to my PC.
  • It is an effortless software that I am using.
  • Its comprehensive UI is immensely simple.
  • The requirement of high internet is a major dislike of TeamViewer.
  • The mobile app is quite slow.
TeamViewer's remote support is the best in my view as I can quickly get access to my workspace PC swiftly. Also, the simple Web UI is fantastic and straightforward to use.
We started using Teamviewer in our IT department a couple of years ago because we were very limited by using the remote control feature in Windows. Teamviewer allows me to securely connect to any machine in our network and from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm able to provide support to our team members from anywhere in the world basically.
  • Easy Install.
  • Remote connections very stable.
  • Simple for users to use.
  • I would like to see the feature when you connect to the computer remotely if you could blackout the screen so local users can't see what's going on improved as it doesn't work all the time.
  • After completing a connection there is a pop-up that appears to leave a note, should have the option to turn that off.
  • Integration with Malwarebytes doesn't work very well at first as I had to reach out to support a couple of times before the license was activated.
I think TeamViewer is the perfect tool where you have clients that use windows or mac desktops. It will give your team the flexibility to provide support remotely from basically anywhere in the world as long as they have an internet connection. The software is also easy to use for the end-users and this is very important because if you make software difficult to use the users won't adopt it.
Malay Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is a complete solution for remote control, access and support, which can be used on almost all type of PC and handheld mobile devices, irrespective of Windows, mac, iOS and android. Being an IT company which provides complete IT solution to end users we face lots of issue at customer end and it is not everytime feasible to physically visit the customer and solve their problems.
We use TeamViewer to remotely connect to customer and provides them the solution through it, and it is quite easy to use for everyone.
  • As stated earlierRemote connectivity and control with ease
  • Works quite good even on low bandwitdh
  • provides integrated case management and Integration with service desk systems
  • Secure file sharing and remote printing over Windows and macOS
  • Quality of voice and video transmitted to remote locations can be improved for interactive support
  • Loss of connections are observed when system is on standby
  • Updated security protocols need to be introduced for better security
Most of the time (almost everytime) we have solved the issues of customer's by simply connecting it through TeamViewer unless and until physical visits are necessary, and if we talk about it's collabolrative feature over video/voice it has room for improvement and there should be provision of bandwidth optimisation for better communication.
TeamViewer is an essential end-user computer support tool that provides seamless remote connectivity, monitoring and end-point protection for all computer assets within the company. TeamViewer solves the cumbersome problem of remote support and connectivity in an ever-growing remote workforce. The tool also provides us with reporting and monitoring to ensure our end-points are protected at all times with access only a click of a button away in-case there is an issue requiring IT's attention. The ability to connect, communicate and stay connected to our assets gives peace-of-mind to the IT support team.
  • Remote connectivity Support
  • Ease-of-Use for non-technical staff
  • Endpoint protection
  • Meeting & communication software
  • Easy management and configuration of end-points
  • Lightweight and trustworthy application
  • Allowing for trusted connections on known computers and networks
  • Lower bandwidth connection options
  • Remote video/voice quality
  • More levels of grouping in console
TeamViewer is best suited in any IT environment with a heavy remote workforce, with the lightweight and customized installer, TeamViewer is easy to deploy on all your endpoints. The ability to group and customize your "buckets" of computer makes for a controlled and well organized holistic view of all of your endpoints at any time. TeamViewer is less suited for environments that have support technicians that do not possess local administrative rights as TeamViewer has functionality to block-out the screen when a UAC prompt is present.
Klaas Schippers | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is used by our company to help customers solve their problems. They would call in by phone, and we'd log in to their account through TeamViewer. We have a specific link for our company and share that with a customer who is phoning in. That way, we can immediately get to the problem at hand.
  • Ease of use.
  • Security.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Performance
  • Speed
TeamViewer is great for companies that are startups, for larger enterprise customers you sometimes see that there are restrictions on the servers. I do not know why larger companies sometimes restrict programmes like TeamViewer but at the same time allow products like Microsoft Teams. Once you use it, it's very easy and secure thanks to the authentication.
Paul Saacreia | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is the remote desktop solution used to access servers or desktops remotely, especially while working remotely from home. It provides. A secure connection to the remote device through their application also works in a proxy network. The connection is encrypted with a passcode that can be created by the admin avoiding all sorts of security threats that might happen during remote access.
  • Low storage application.
  • Works on proxy network.
  • Connects to remote system instantaneously.
  • Disconnections with remote systems are observed while on standby.
It is a reliable solution for remotely accessing desktops or servers if physical access is not possible. Multiple systems can be connected at the same time. Very intuitive to use and is secure Supports connectivity through the mobile app which can be downloaded from the Android play store. All connections are encrypted through a passcode keeping security in check.
We use TeamViewer to meetings and maintaining a cloud-based IT Help desk. TeamViewer is a fast and secure all-in-one solution for access to computers and networks remotely. This tool very helpful for work from home and online Teaching.
  • Team Meeting
  • Easily access system remotely
  • Centralized Remote Monitoring and Management by TeamViewer
  • Some Time Video not display
  • It gets slower when transferring large files
This tool is very useful for remote support on multiple platforms. It is very simple tool substantial for even a highly computer analphabetic person to download and install and start the TeamViewer session with minimal over the phone guidance.