TeamViewer, from the German company of the same name, provides software for both remote support and administration and online meetings.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/5v/PN/4ZAW7KOFDJ2B.JPEGTeamViewer enables me to deploy my Software to any computer from any Location.TeamViewer is used across my whole organization. Across all departments the software is utilized specifically to solve the problem of project collaboration. With teamviewer we are able to collaborate with colleagues across different departments to ensure we deliver projects in good time and to make sure we are in unison during collaborating on a project.,Teamview has a very intuitive and friendly user interface. This makes it time saving since no need to go through any form of training. Teamview also transmits both sound and image signals and I can therefore listen to sound notifications from a PC I am connected to. It is also provided for free and this means my organization saves on finances instead of purchasing other software. Updates are also made frequently to cover the latest aspects as well and this helps in resolving previous version issues.,The bandwidth consumption is quite hefty. This is an area they can improve for better customer experience If guest login is not set, then TeamView requires a user present on the other end to accept a connection request.,10,TeamViewer has saved my company a great deal of time, my team members and I are able to deploy our solutions to our overseas customers without having to travel there. TeamViewer has also saved my company good amount of finances, other PC sharing software are mostly premium and require payment to take advantage of all the features, TeamViewer is free yet has excellent service delivery. TeamViewer has generally improved our organization's relationship with our clients.,Oracle Database, MySQL, Google AnalyticsHow it helped me, when I needed it the most!In the organization, this software has been and is used as a remote connection tool. Particularly in my country (Venezuela) every time, due to the current economic and social circumstances, it takes more time and it is more difficult to move from home to the workplace. This software is particularly useful in these cases because it allows the user to remotely access the company's local server, take the information he needs, process it and work it from his home and place it back into the company's hard drive, taking advantage of the level of security associated with the use of the software. Less frequently it is used as a tool to support and solve problems to users through shared screens. Personally, after suffering a serious accident that required a hip operation and prevented me from moving for 10 weeks, I was able to continue practically working on all the projects in which I was involved, using this software, through which I accessed the information, which once processed, forwarded to the company's servers.,The software itself is a powerful support and control tool, extremely easy to install, configure and use, so with a minimum induction, practically any user with internet service and the respective access permits, can connect from their house with the office server. Not only allowed access to people who were in remote locations with the server of the central office, but also constituted an additional way to offer technical assistance to these people, in case they require it, being constituted together with the use of the whataspp tool is fundamental to the daily life of some of our workers who normally do field work.,- A difficulty that we have experienced in the company and that has been detected with each stumble that has been had, is the fact that the different versions are not compatible with each other, so if some user accidentally updates his version (very normal fact ), compatibility problems are generated that have caused our support department to have to communicate with each user who is under that condition to ask him to delete the new version, and then reinstall the correct version. Although it really does not have to be a limitation, the software does not have the functionality to work through proxy servers, which could become a limiting factor of some relevance for those who want to take care of "their presence" when working in an open network.,9,If there is an evaluation to be carried out, the verdict is highly positive and has not required the purchase of any license or expenses associated with the update of any permanent license. Although that can be a limitation of use and time for each user, until now it has been "very profitable" for the organization. From the point of view of the time and resources invested by the technical support team of the company to maintain the software's operation, they have substantially decreased when compared with other previously used software.,,Chrome Remote Desktop, Microsoft 365 Business, GoToMeetingTeamViewer has capabilities that the competition didn't even consider.It is mainly used by the support team, to help troubleshoot users through screen sharing and remote control. We sometimes use it for ad hoc meetings with our IT team, and a small amount of remote access to our computers when we are away. We have also been known to help our family and friends with their PC issues via TeamViewer.,Concurrent user licenses (called Channels). This was probably the most important factor for us. No wasted cost for Named User licences who rarely used the product. Only need to budget for how many licenses may be needed at the same time. We may have 20 supervisors that need to use TeamViewer, but never more than 3 would ever need it at the same time, so 3 licenses is all they need instead of 20. When we purchased, there was the option for "permanent" licenses, so we paid more up front, but don't have to pay an ongoing fee. This would require another large cost to upgrade to a new version, but our use case has not required the new features, so our costs have been low. This was a large deciding factor when we purchased. Fast remote control of user computers. Has been less laggy than other remote control options we have used. I know there are many options and updates over the years, but TeamViewer was better back when we got it, and it has not let us down yet. The ability to have remote access to the Login screen, so we can still gain access after a computer reboots and has not been logged into yet.,Number One: No ability to have blended audio conference with VoIP and Phone on the same bridge. This is/was the only thing holding us back from dropping our other meeting service/software and moving all meetings onto TeamViewer. I don't think they have a "permanent" license option anymore. I understand a subscription model is good for most companies, but some get way more value out of a permanent option, depending on their use case. Even if we could keep our few permanent licenses of an old version, and subscribe to more licenses of the new version, but the way it is now, we have to upgrade/lose the old licenses to get any of the new ones, or have to get the new licenses on a separate company/contract. The versions are not compatible with each other. If a user accidentally updates their version (which they are constantly prompted to do), then when Support tries to connect, it says the versions don't match, and we have to talk the user through removing the new version, end task the process, and use the correct version.,10,Positive: Wonderfully cost effective when we purchased with the "permanent" licenses, because our use case has not required an upgrade purchase. I think it was around a 1.5 year ROI to be more cost effective than the usual subscription offerings at the time, and we have been using it for almost 9 years. We are making out like bandits ;) Positive: Remote support was made easier and less laggy/buggy than with other solutions we had tried in the past. Negative: With the versions not being compatible, we have difficulty with many users accidentally upgrading their version and causing Support to have to walk them through rolling back to the correct version.,GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, WebEx Event Center, GoToMyPC, Google Hangouts, Blizz and Zoom,GoToMeeting, G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, HipChat, JIRA Software, Genesys PureConnectTeamViewer is a brilliant solution for enterprise or personal remote desktop management when native services (e.g. Microsoft RDP) aren't an optionWe used this program to access servers remotely from off-site. This was primarily useful for employees who had to travel between our university campuses and needed to access their machines at the other campus. TeamViewer was highly accessible and usable even by employees with less robust IT experience and capability, which made it easy for them to use and easy for us to support.,TeamViewer performs surprisingly fast, particularly on enterprise-grade internet connections, especially when compared to other options (e.g. Chrome Remote Desktop which I also love). TeamViewer is very secure, although you do have to set it up to be that way. TeamViewer is very easy for even less tech-savvy people to use. Open it up and click on the remote machine.,The default settings aren't particularly secure or easy for people to remember. It can be a bit tricky to walk remote users through downloading and installing it the first time. Like many other remote access programs, it doesn't always update the display of some programs since it's essentially mimicking a monitor and not every program will update its interface unless a real display is viewing it (e.g. Handbrake).,9,TeamViewer has been great in facilitating our expanding campuses as we have employees who transfer between campuses regularly and want to have a consistent workstation experience.,Chrome Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop ServicesPerfect utility for remote work.I often have to work remotely and this was the tool I used to ensure that I could still get into my system when working from offsite, a remote location or from home. I leave TeamViewer running on the host machine and then remote in when required. The primary concern was reliability as I needed something that wouldnt crash or shut down since that would significantly impact my work. In all the time I used this, I never ran into that issue.,Being able to reboot and still connect back to the host machine is a life saver. There might be times when your PC locks up or an update causes the system to reboot. In those scenarios you want something that will reconnect and get you back in. It is super reliable. I counted heavily on it to not crash or close itself when needed and it never let me down. Nothing worse than think you can remote into your PC and finding out your remote tool wasnt running. Never had this issues with TeamViewer. Speed was also really good. Working from Hotels etc means I am not always on blazing fast internet so I needed something that would work well even on low bandwidth. This performed admirably.,The mobile version is a little difficult to navigate. I understand part of that is because you are using it on a smaller screen and controlling a different OS but it can still do better in that scenario.,9,No real negative impact. It's worked fine for us and we have had no real issues in all the time we used it.,LogMeIn Rescue, Bomgar Remote Support Software and Zoom,Norton Internet Security, MailChimp, Zoom, WebEx Meetings,4,,Remote log in and access. File transfer and sharing. Screen sharing.,If the file sharing improves in speed and size we might use it to transfer files more frequently.,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Third-party Reviews,I think we did a pretty thorough evaluation. I wouldnt change anything.,9
TeamViewer

TeamViewer Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TeamViewer
Top Rated Award
Filter 1072 vetted TeamViewer reviews and ratings
Majute shivugu profile photo
November 05, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer enables me to deploy my Software to any computer from any Location."

• Teamview has a very intuitive and friendly user interface. This makes it time saving since no need to go through any form of training.
  • Teamview also transmits both sound and image signals and I can therefore listen to sound notifications from a PC I am connected to.
  • It is also provided for free and this means my organization saves on finances instead of purchasing other software.
  • Updates are also made frequently to cover the latest aspects as well and this helps in resolving previous version issues.
  • The bandwidth consumption is quite hefty. This is an area they can improve for better customer experience
  • If guest login is not set, then TeamView requires a user present on the other end to accept a connection request.
I specialize in Android development specifically. I am the team lead for mobile development in my organization. Most times I have new members in my team who require help working with the Android studio platform, and in order to save my time and energy in movement, I simply connect to their PC's view with TeamViewer and guide them on development models more efficiently.
Read Majute shivugu's full review
Rafael Becemberg profile photo
September 17, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "How it helped me, when I needed it the most!"

• The software itself is a powerful support and control tool, extremely easy to install, configure and use, so with a minimum induction, practically any user with internet service and the respective access permits, can connect from their house with the office server.
  • Not only allowed access to people who were in remote locations with the server of the central office, but also constituted an additional way to offer technical assistance to these people, in case they require it, being constituted together with the use of the whataspp tool is fundamental to the daily life of some of our workers who normally do field work.
  • - A difficulty that we have experienced in the company and that has been detected with each stumble that has been had, is the fact that the different versions are not compatible with each other, so if some user accidentally updates his version (very normal fact ), compatibility problems are generated that have caused our support department to have to communicate with each user who is under that condition to ask him to delete the new version, and then reinstall the correct version.
  • Although it really does not have to be a limitation, the software does not have the functionality to work through proxy servers, which could become a limiting factor of some relevance for those who want to take care of "their presence" when working in an open network.
Read Rafael Becemberg's full review
Kristopher Kauth profile photo
September 10, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer has capabilities that the competition didn't even consider."

• Concurrent user licenses (called Channels). This was probably the most important factor for us. No wasted cost for Named User licences who rarely used the product. Only need to budget for how many licenses may be needed at the same time. We may have 20 supervisors that need to use TeamViewer, but never more than 3 would ever need it at the same time, so 3 licenses is all they need instead of 20.
  • When we purchased, there was the option for "permanent" licenses, so we paid more up front, but don't have to pay an ongoing fee. This would require another large cost to upgrade to a new version, but our use case has not required the new features, so our costs have been low. This was a large deciding factor when we purchased.
  • Fast remote control of user computers. Has been less laggy than other remote control options we have used. I know there are many options and updates over the years, but TeamViewer was better back when we got it, and it has not let us down yet.
  • The ability to have remote access to the Login screen, so we can still gain access after a computer reboots and has not been logged into yet.
  • Number One: No ability to have blended audio conference with VoIP and Phone on the same bridge. This is/was the only thing holding us back from dropping our other meeting service/software and moving all meetings onto TeamViewer.
  • I don't think they have a "permanent" license option anymore. I understand a subscription model is good for most companies, but some get way more value out of a permanent option, depending on their use case. Even if we could keep our few permanent licenses of an old version, and subscribe to more licenses of the new version, but the way it is now, we have to upgrade/lose the old licenses to get any of the new ones, or have to get the new licenses on a separate company/contract.
  • The versions are not compatible with each other. If a user accidentally updates their version (which they are constantly prompted to do), then when Support tries to connect, it says the versions don't match, and we have to talk the user through removing the new version, end task the process, and use the correct version.
TeamViewer is best suited for remote control, remote access, collaboration where participants can point on the screen to help direct the conversation, and company internal meetings, where everyone can use VoIP.

It is not well suited for meetings with external parties who likely need the option of VoIP/Phone, and may not be able to use the option that others on the call have chosen.
Read Kristopher Kauth's full review
Ho'omana Nathan Horton profile photo
August 17, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer is a brilliant solution for enterprise or personal remote desktop management when native services (e.g. Microsoft RDP) aren't an option"

• TeamViewer performs surprisingly fast, particularly on enterprise-grade internet connections, especially when compared to other options (e.g. Chrome Remote Desktop which I also love).
  • TeamViewer is very secure, although you do have to set it up to be that way.
  • TeamViewer is very easy for even less tech-savvy people to use. Open it up and click on the remote machine.
  • The default settings aren't particularly secure or easy for people to remember.
  • It can be a bit tricky to walk remote users through downloading and installing it the first time.
  • Like many other remote access programs, it doesn't always update the display of some programs since it's essentially mimicking a monitor and not every program will update its interface unless a real display is viewing it (e.g. Handbrake).
TeamViewer is great for even casual users to remotely access phones, computers, servers, etc. from offsite. It's also great for IT professionals looking to offer remote support to users. Plus, once a user installs it, they can use it to remotely access their stuff, and you can use it to support them.
Read Ho'omana Nathan Horton's full review
MUKESHI RANI MALIK profile photo
September 27, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "Perfect utility for remote work."

• Being able to reboot and still connect back to the host machine is a life saver. There might be times when your PC locks up or an update causes the system to reboot. In those scenarios you want something that will reconnect and get you back in.
  • It is super reliable. I counted heavily on it to not crash or close itself when needed and it never let me down. Nothing worse than think you can remote into your PC and finding out your remote tool wasnt running. Never had this issues with TeamViewer.
  • Speed was also really good. Working from Hotels etc means I am not always on blazing fast internet so I needed something that would work well even on low bandwidth. This performed admirably.
  • The mobile version is a little difficult to navigate. I understand part of that is because you are using it on a smaller screen and controlling a different OS but it can still do better in that scenario.
Perfect if you need to leave a machine running that you can remote in for later. I imagine it would also be great if you are providing software support since its really easy to install, configure and run. Its also great for personal use since its free and still contains all features.

I wouldnt use it for transferring or sharing large file sizes. I dont think the tool is designed for that.

Read MUKESHI RANI MALIK's full review
Sundeepthi Namana profile photo
September 11, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "The Best Remote Connections"

• TeamViewer is very secure, although you do have to set it up to be that way
  • Remote access to stationary workstations
  • Flexibility. You can control your remote client from virtually any device, be it a desktop, laptop, server or even iOS/Android mobile devices. And the communication is established via secure UDP connection, with the option of configuring a dedicated VPN tunnel if required.
  • Scheduling meetings with video and phone support
  • Ability to view two remote computers at once
  • TeamViewer can monitor the software of some type installed within its program to detect when commercial use is suspected, as it requires the license to be purchased for the commercial use.
  • It can not share the huge files and it lags from time to time.
In my experience years working with IT systems and any kinds of users, sometimes even if you have a very detailed manual, the user does not understand the steps to do a process. Even if you are in a phone call for 30 mins, it can't be done, and for me, sometimes my end user is in another country. This makes TeamViewer the perfect tool, because I can take control, and do the repairs, or explain how to do it, so then now, visually, the user understands how to do it quickly.
Read Sundeepthi Namana's full review
Kris Lambert profile photo
August 28, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer is a remote worker's friend!"

Our IT Department utilizes TeamViewer to assist our distributed team to install and maintain new and existing software. TeamViewer allows our remote team access to our IT department no matter their location. This tool lets our team troubleshoot software issues while setting the correct security settings for our staff who are not technically inclined. We have used the tool in teaching staff how to use new software also. The convenience of being able to remote into another system also makes this tool valuable as it can provide remote access to a workstation that is in a fixed location when needed. TeamViewer is simple to use and powerful at the same time.
  • Remote assistance installing new software.
  • Remote troubleshooting for system issues.
  • Remote access to stationary workstations.
  • I would like to have an option for sessions to terminate after designated idle periods.
  • Better performance when working with fine detail programs such as photoshop.
  • Better navigation in the Android App.
Great for remote IT access and maintenance. Great for remote access to stationary workstations. However, mobile app access is still a bit clunky and not prioritized for touch.
Read Kris Lambert's full review
Jackie Ramos profile photo
August 07, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer: support, speed, management and control at its best"

We have deployed it on all of our desktops for easy troubleshooting access for quick support for both the end user and our Help Support staff.
It was easy to setup and use. We are able to support laptops, desktops, and phones with a click of a button. Super fast and steady connection.
  • Quick Support to desktop.
  • Scheduling meetings with video and phone support.
  • Sharing a desktop for meeting.
  • Maybe forcing the two-factor mode.
  • More information in regards to privacy issues and notifying the end user.
  • Maybe some videos for the end users.
We recently had a user who wanted to do a training/demo and we where able to set him up with the TeamViewer
meeting module. Where he was able to invite others to his meeting. He was very happy with the setup and his meeting went well. The
app worked well and no performance issues. On an operational level it’s pretty
intuitive.
Read Jackie Ramos's full review
Jose Alejandro Colmenares profile photo
August 06, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer is a multi platform tool that can be used anywhere if you have internet connection."

I'm working in an IT company. We have IT consultants that manage a lot of tools and processes, but also we have a lot of end users that can range from young people, to people a bit more mature, and also not involved with the IT process. So it has become hard to explain steps by a phone call or by text chat. This is where TeamViewer does an excellent job, and makes our job easier.
  • Very easy way to use a software, you can either install it or just run it as executable.
  • It works with a good speed, you don't need a high speed internet connection to use it.
  • It is secure, you can have a complex password, so nobody will get into your computer without your knowledge.
  • They need to improve the transfer of files between machines.
  • They should allow more time of use in the free version.
  • When there is a new version, it does not let you connect if you are in lower versions, this is annoying
In my experience, of years working with IT systems and any kinds of users, sometimes even if you have a very detailed manual, the user does not understand the steps to do a process, and even if you are in a phone call for 30 mins, it can't be done, and for me, sometimes my end user is in another country, so TeamViewer is the perfect tool, because I can take control, and do the repairs, or explain how to do it, so then now, visually, the user understands how to do it quickly.
Read Jose Alejandro Colmenares's full review
Pieter Cargill profile photo
August 02, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "Fantastic Remote Connection Solution"

TeamViewer allows us to remotely connect to any of our servers while out of the office. This is an invaluable tool to allow easy, remote management of computers from a remote location.
  • Remote control of another computer
  • File transfer between computers
  • Secure connection between computers
  • Ability to view two remote computers at once
  • There are no other areas I feel need improved
TeamViewer is highly suited to users who need to work remotely, but still need access to computers that are physically located in the office. It's also extremely useful in allowing easy, quick file transfers between computers.
Read Pieter Cargill's full review
Nirmala Nallasamy profile photo
August 02, 2018

"TeamViewer Review"

TeamViewer is a great and easy-to-use desktop sharing software. It is the solution for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer which works behind any firewall and NAT proxy and you can run TeamViewer on two computers or more without the need of the installation procedure. It is used by my department. This is the only tool which is used to keep all the computers, servers, and devices at our fingertips.
  • TeamViewer is the app which allows you to remotely connect to multiple workstations which are not located in the same place.
  • It is the computer software package for online meetings and the file transfer between the computers. You have to enter your partner’s ID & password into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately.
  • TeamViewer can monitor the software of some type installed within its program to detect when the commercial use is suspected as it requires the license to be purchased for the commercial use. It can not share the huge files and it lags Time To Time.
  • Two systems are needed at least to use TeamViewer that should have the TeamViewer installed on them. The other system should be active and available for us to access it and if the system goes into sleep mode we will not be able to access it.
TeamViewer has the ability to take the snapshots of remote screen, the software gets its name for that reason as you can include multiple parties in a connection. All the parties install the software and connect to the session and control of the computer can be passed from person to person.
Read Nirmala Nallasamy's full review
Jose Raul Faria profile photo
November 16, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "A remote relationship for attention and solution of events or certain problems."

I've had questions while working remotely which one of my collaborators does not immediately resolve, but with this application I can find the solution more directly, since I can access the computer remotely and resolve the situation from wherever.
  • Helps solve issues I encounter while working remotely
  • I would like to see a wider menu of options to avoid the loss of options; right now it is visual only.
  • Can't think of others. I like how the actions and management facilitate me.
The uses for this application maintain a high degree of service for me, so I think that if they improve the options and additional services, maybe VPN would be very good. On the other hand the form of access is adequate and with the networks I am not sure if there are many other options. I would like to have something that explains or expands this option since it is super necessary to manage networks that complement this service.
Read Jose Raul Faria's full review
Brett Knighton profile photo
June 28, 2018

User Review: "A personal perspective of TeamViewer."

TeamViewer isn't heavily being used across our organization. My experience with it is primarily personal use. TeamViewer primarily makes remote management of servers cross domain super simple to set up and manage. You basically can set it up and forget about it and it will just work when you need it. Using TeamViewer, you don't have to worry about VPNs or port forwarding to make remote management work.
  • Makes cross-domain or cross-network remote desktop exceptionally simple.
  • Ability to manage cross-platform. Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
  • TeamViewer has never felt as lightweight and snappy as a pure RDP connection.
If you are looking for a dead simple remote desktop application I would definitely recommend TeamViewer. I don't have any experience with the Corporate features such as user and device configuration and management so I wouldn't be able to give advice if that's the use case you are looking into. Based on my experience with the features I've used, I would definitely be willing to try more of their products/features.
Read Brett Knighton's full review
Himmy Roscal profile photo
September 28, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "The best tool for access and remote control"

TeamViewer is one of those rare tools that you want to take with you everywhere once you start using it. It has improved response times for the company, since we can access the servers remotely or provide support to users from anywhere, since TeamViewer is compatible with the different operating systems and mobile devices on the market.
  • Remote connection to any fixed or mobile device.
  • Very fluid remote access, also allows you to configure the quality of it to take advantage of your connection and improve the experience
  • Sometimes the updates make the versions obsolete in the client, preventing us from connecting.
  • We would like to see a more native version in Linux
TeamViewer has been growing and adding new functionalities by the day, and in my opinion it is the best tool for remote access. We love being able to use in different scenes, as well as to support our users, clients, or our PC at home. An option that works well, but could be improved, is the connection via VPN. Allowing an automatic connection would make it more practical for daily use.
Read Himmy Roscal's full review
Dave King profile photo
September 27, 2018

User Review: "Remote access using TeamViewer"

We use TeamViewer for remote support for our users. We also use TeamViewer for new employee training. We install software and trouble shoot any issues that arise. We can also transfer software and files to the remote computer as needed.
  • Remote control
  • File transfers
  • Remote training
  • Automatic screen sizing
  • Staying connected through system reboot
  • Copying large files
Remote training is a great use. Remote support and guiding users through issues is very convenient. Addding users to my personal list so I can easily find them to remote control works great as well.
Read Dave King's full review
Stefan Trbojevic profile photo
September 03, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "It is all about remote connection."

TeamViewer is being used across my organization as a partially main remote desktop tool for remote connecting. It is used to connect to our clients' File Servers and perform our technical work. It is a well secured connection and it has two-factor authentication level security, which can leave a great feeling of security to your customers.
  • Invitation for one-time-only sessions.
  • You can just share credentials for one session to the other user, and you don't have to worry that they will connect to your computer without your approval in the future.
  • Set up unattended access
  • Great solution for permanent connection to the end PC.
  • Meetings, phone and video calls
  • Team Viewer does not work through the proxy servers, which is a great minus for anyone that wants to be cautious about their presence on the open network.
TeamViewer can be a really helpful tool if used right. It can help you maintain a large-scale network of computers as well as your friends' and family's computers. You can use it to remote into your personal computer to quickly take a look or transfer some project that you forgot, and you can connect to your friend's PC and help them with installing some drivers.
Read Stefan Trbojevic's full review
December 08, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "High quality remote access tool you can depend on."

I often travel for work and a consistent challenge I would face (if not for TeamViewer) is that my work and productivity would be split between multiple computers when I worked off site or from home. TeamViewer gives me a very acceptable solution to that problem. I have this running on both my work computer and my MacBook which I use when I travel. There are times when I absolutely need access to my work PC when I am travelling and I love that I can reliably depend on having access to it thanks to TeamViewer. All I have to do is to launch the application and select my PC and I am immediately connected to it with full access letting me use my local files and software that only work on our Intranet.
  • It works without needing someone to be there to connect you to the PC.
  • It works across platforms. I use it on a MacBook and a Windows PC and it works between both absolutely flawlessly.
  • It is very high quality and I can't remember the last time I had a problem with it.
  • It also launches automatically so even if one of my computers get restarted, I can still count on it being active to get me access.
  • It can be a little difficult to use if I am working off a slow internet connection (doesn't work so well with Starbucks Wifi).
You can install it and leave it running and you will always have access to that computer as long as you make sure that it doesn't go to sleep or shuts down. So if you travel a lot or work from different locations then this is really good to have.

However if your office IT strictly controls the traffic you may have problems getting this to run properly. I had to get my IT team to set it up specially.
November 05, 2018

"Teamviewer Review"

TeamViewer is a fantastic tool that provides remote access capabilities. We are currently using this tool in our environment to manage servers remotely and provide remote desktop support to users outside the organization. It addresses the problem of not having to be physically in front of the server or workstation to perform daily maintenance and tasks.
  • Access and control computers remotely
  • File sharing
  • Perhaps another feature that would be beneficial would be to allow FTP file transfer.
  • Provide volume licensing for small businesses.
  • Some of the provisioning connection servers are outside US. This makes it difficult to connect to networks that have strict firewall rules.
It's most practical when you need to connect to a system where there are no firewall restrictions and\or limitations. Some organizations don't allow IPs from outside the US from an unknown location and the remote connection can be blocked if not configured properly under the proxy settings.
October 12, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer makes support calls a breeze, feels like you're sharing a room with the vendor."

TeamViewer is used to establish remote sessions with a particular vendor in a particular situation. It is used when we need to work with the vendor on a PCI compliant network segment in our environment. It is being used by certain members in our enterprise information technology department. It addresses the need to collaborate with vendors on support calls.
  • Establishes a secure encrypted connection between two parties.
  • Works on a limited speed connection very well.
  • It is easy to setup and configure.
  • It is easy to obtain, download and install and get up and running quickly.
  • This may already exist but a place to save multiple session information would be handy.
  • Continuing to pay attention to security and the issues that it brings.
  • Offer additional levels of payed subscription.
TeamViewer is well suited for any type of environment, even PCI situations. It is easy to obtain, easy to support, and configuration was done in minutes. The ability to quickly share a screen on a support call without having to jump through hoops during an install is welcome especially when that is the last thing on your mind while an outage is occurring.
August 04, 2018

Review: "Emergency? Teamviewer! Solution at the right time"

Teamviewer is used by the database area to access the equipment remotely if we have to execute instructions outside the office in the database through our assigned computers.
  • Data transmission is fast, the end user experience is satisfactory.
  • We do not experience slowness to visualize the screen of the remote computer to which we are accessing, therefore the work is done efficiently.
  • It has an intuitive interface easy to use. There is no configuration necessary.
  • If you are going to install for the first time in windows, you simply need to click to advance to the next installation screens. If it is to use it, the interface shows in large letters the most used options so it is not necessary to navigate through multiple complicated options and nested sub menu.
  • Incompatibility of versions
  • When you need to access from a computer to another that is remote, if they do not have the same version of teamviewer installed, simply do not let it use, this creates inconvenience because you have to download the latest version at the moment so that the connection can be established. If the place where you are does not have a fast internet connection it can be a process that takes several minutes.
It is highly recommended to use this tool when you do not have a VPN to access the work network and you need to take immediate action to solve problems, it is a guarantee that the tool will work to achieve the task.
June 28, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer is a good free program for basic needs."

We use it for remote access and for transferring files between computers. The system is usually working fine. In its free version though, the product support isn't available. But the program does an OK job for what we use it for.
  • Remote log in
  • Mobile access
  • File transfer
  • Product support
  • Installation
The program works fine for basic remote log in and file transfers.
Jose Quintero profile photo
April 26, 2018

TeamViewer Review: "Your remote office and support agent, wherever you are"

TeamViewer is a lightweight yet versatile remote assistance application. Beginning with the first versions as remote control and sharing, TW is nowadays a very capable suite for remote collaboration, meetings and, of course, remote assistance and control with bi-directional audio, video, and chat. It can also be set up unattended on headless servers for direct access without recurring to RDP (MS Remote Desktop Connection protocol) and we use it in several financial companies that don't allow other solutions because of internal policies for remote support and direct access to managed servers, and even for short-to-medium training sessions in which some collaboration and interaction are encouraged.
  • Unattended operation. You can set up TeamViewer in a server, be it Windows or Linux, to be accessed and/or controlled remotely from a TV client from around the globe, provided there's a direct connection between both.
  • Flexibility. You can control your remote client from virtually any device, be it a desktop, laptop, server or even iOS/Android mobile devices. And the communication is establlished via secure UDP connection, with the option of configuring a dedicated VPN tunnel if required.
  • Versatility. TeamViewer is not only remote control; you can create and record demos, give interactive training, hold video conferences and many other collaborative features beyond the basic remote access & control.
  • Direct Access. TeamViewer provides remote access & control, but it doesn't provide a means to directly access remote device's parameters such as registry, current resource usage (CPU, RAM, Disk, Network), current available services and log management; you still need to access the remote device and access them from there. It does include File transfer though.
  • Version parity. On some versions (currently v13), you require forcing update your remote partner device's TeamViewer agent before beginning any engagement, which can derivate in time loss if you're in a hurry for service delivery.
  • Recording flexibility. As mentioned before, the video interactions can be recorded for future references, but the recording is made in TeamViewer's proprietary format (.TVS), which requires another TeamViewer client playback.
Any scenario in which either RDP is not viable or possible, or there are security restrictions for other solutions, is a go for TeamViewer. Also, environments with a diversity of architectures can work perfectly with the solution, given that it's compatible with most OS, mobile or not. On the other hand, environments with closed-architecture devices such as thin clients might opt for more proprietary solutions provided by their manufacturers if the TC's OS is not compatible with TeamViewer, or if they have storage restrictions.
Read Jose Quintero's full review
Sourav Singla profile photo
April 04, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer : A remote desktop solution with amazing features"

TeamViewer is by far my favorite remote desktop software. I have used it both for personal use & at work.I need to access my personal laptop when I am away at business meetings, TeamViewer fulfills that demand pretty well.

TeamViewer setup is easy & one can easily make a connection to it, whenever I need to exchange files or view a program on my laptop. I can even use the phone app to control my laptop. It provides access to my files from anywhere without having to move them from one laptop to another.

Also connecting the remote system is painless with no need to tinker with any security or network settings. With the TeamViewer software installed, we only need to provide the relevant ID and password to connect. Remote Desktop and Web Conferencing was a major challenge with our teams being distributed at 4 locations but when Team viewer came in our scenario, these challenges were resolved effectively.

It is also being used by infra team to establish remote connections and web chats with development team desktops whenever the team faces any technical challenges.
  • It allows you to do effective demonstrations & presentations specifically when the team is distributed. We use team viewer to record our meetings & even use the remote screen like a whiteboard when there is need to explain some diagram or architecture.
  • Excellent tool for screen sharing as there is no lag observed during screen sharing
  • It allows you to copy files back and forth & even allows you to copy text or graphics to the clipboard on one machine and paste it on the other m/c.
  • TeamViewer is quite secure & safe as your sessions are always encrypted & it had 2-factor authentication system. Every time you make a connection with other equipment, the systems generate a password for this session which makes it secure than other tools available.
  • You can make a video call through this, the quality is really superb. Also Supports chat (text and voice over IP).
  • Remote sessions can be recorded to a video file so you can easily review it later.
  • Files can also be transferred through TeamViewer directly from online storage services like Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box
  • The interface of Team Viewer is good, compact, organizes all its characteristics and factors very well and organizes the remote connection and conferences very well.
  • It allows multiple users to connect to a remote computer at once which is very useful when any infra associate is not able to resolve the issue & he can request another associate to connect to resolve the issue.
  • The commercial price is expensive, taking into account the number of licenses you should acquire
  • Teamviewer updates are very constant, sometimes up to twice or thrice a year, which makes it expensive, because it forces you to buy a license
  • The browser version of TeamViewer is difficult to use. It's quite possible to connect to another computer through a browser with TeamViewer, but it's just not as effortless as the desktop version.
  • Drag-and-drop functionality between viewer and desktop is not available with TeamViewer which is available with other tools i.e. GoToMyPC
  • The support desk is not up to the mark, I feel even they lack the knowledge of the product.

A situation where TeamViewer is well suited

1) Remote Desktop and Web Conferencing was a major challenge with our teams being distributed at 4 locations but when Team viewer came in our scenario, these challenges are resolved effectively using TeamViewer.

2) It allows you to do effective demonstrations & presentations specifically when the team is distributed as it allows you to record our meetings & even use the remote screen like a whiteboard when there is need to explain some diagram or architecture.

3) TeamViewer is quite secure and safe as your sessions are always encrypted and it had 2-factor authentication system.

4) I have used other tools for remote desktop connections like VNC, GoToMyPC but Team viewer cannot be beaten for speed, quality, and reliability.

5) Files, images, text, folders, and screenshots can be transferred to and from two computers using either the file transfer tool in TeamViewer or the regular clipboard function

6) Remote printing is allowed.

A situation where TeamViewer is less appropriate

1) File sharing is not easy through this, specifically in terms of speed, I feel improvement opportunity is there in terms of file sharing

Read Sourav Singla's full review
Brandon Holbrook profile photo
March 28, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer, a great solution for a company that needs Full Remote Access"

When a client would call me and need help with their computer I use TeamViewer to easily connect to their machine. It allows me to see the configuration of their machine-like firewall, disk space usage, Anti Virus status, and if the OS is up to date. TeamViewer also allows me to transfer files to their machine to restore backup files they requested. TeamViewer is my go to remote access solution.
  • Remote access
  • Unattended access
  • Snapshot of machine health
  • Proactive monitoring of a machine
  • The constant updates that I have to do to keep versioning of remote client and support client.
  • Sometimes the remote TeamViewer Client doesn't start when Windows starts.
  • TeamViewer has been used by some bad actors to scam people. I think TeamViewer could be a bit better at mitigating this.
It's well suited when a customer calls needing help with their computer. TeamViewer can be used to access the problem machine and quickly fix the problem. It is also well suited to proactively see the status of a computer at any given time. TeamViewer can be installed on Mac, Windows, and Linux so it is well suited for businesses will all different types of OS.
Read Brandon Holbrook's full review
Tanner Campbell profile photo
June 11, 2018

Review: "TeamViewer - Overpriced, Non-Intuitive, But More Than Capable"

Teamviewer is rolled out to a select set of machines for users who wish to receive technical support from the main office when working at home.
  • Easy to deploy and initially configure
  • Dependable service up-time
  • Is recognized widely and is trusted
  • Management and addition of endpoints is not intuitive
  • Does not easily interface with most ITIL compliant ticketing systems
  • User experience (from the viewpoint of the technician) is poor
TeamViewer is appropriate for deployments of 25 users or less, in environments with a simplistic infrastructure - with perhaps less than one server. TeamViewer is inappropriate for larger more complex environments as the ongoing management of endpoints because more and more arduous the more of them there are.
Read Tanner Campbell's full review

Screen sharing (105)
File transfer (97)
Instant message (92)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (37)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (64)
Over-the-Internet remote session (102)
Initiate remote control from mobile (82)
Remote management of servers & workstations (85)
Remote Active Directory® management (46)
Centralized management dashboard (57)
Session record (60)
Annotations (49)
Monitoring and Alerts (55)
Multi-platform remote control (77)

About TeamViewer

TeamViewer aims to empower users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 1.7 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time. Founded in 2005, the company employs more than 700 people in offices across Germany, the United States, Japan and Australia.

TeamViewer Integrations