Electronic Signature Software
Electronic Signature Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
Adobe Sign lets users send, sign, manage, and store documents and forms with trusted, legal electronic signatures. It keeps business moving from anywhere, with signing of documents, requesting signatures, and process tracking from web and mobile devices as well as inside applications…
Box is an online cloud content management solution that caters to individual users as well as businesses.
DocuSign supports transactions with document sharing and electronic signature, as well as automated and guided data collection and entry, record updating across disparate systems and payment collection upon agreement, as well as analytics and reporting.
pdfFiller is a comprehensive online document management platform that provides businesses with the services of form-building, PDFs editing and e-signing. The vendor says their tools help businesses to streamline document management, make workflows fully paperless, freeing up time…
SignRequest is an e-signature platform. The vendor promises e-signing that is easy, fast and legally binding while maintaining the highest standards of security. Box announced it would acquired SignRequest in February 2021. The eSignature tool is the basis for Box Sign.
Outlaw’s contract automation platform adapts to the user's needs for rapid adoption. Outlaw boasts flexible, simple pricing in order to make it affordable for all team sizes (no maint. fees, unlimited storage & eSignatures). The platform unifies contract generation, document…
SignEasy is a simple and fast way to sign or get documents signed from a phone, tablet or computer. SignEasy is used by businesses and individuals across industries such as real estate, legal, accounting, banking, HR, sales, and logistics from over 150 countries. The vendor says…
Formstack Sign (formerly InsureSign, acquired by Formstack July, 2019) offers their eSignature application for document signing across all platforms (e.g. mobile, tablet, etc), document backup with audit trail, and support with features built around the needs of insurance agents…
Concord is a way to create, collaborate on, sign, and store agreements; designed to be the only tool needed for contracts, so users can spend less time juggling between applications, editors, and e-signature tools.The vendor states over 500,000+ companies use Concord with their contracts.…
MSB's platform aims to ensure enterprises achieve and maintain compliance by validating their software against crucial industry regulations. Boasting more than 1 million users in 188 countries, MSB Docs enables organizations to create documents, send these to the signers for eSignatures,…
Contract lifecycle management platform with cloud security, digital signature and AI-powered document management. AI helps customers simplify contract management by making it understandable, interactive and automated. Digital signature signs any file format along with text and images.…
Zoho Sign is a digital signing service that lets you execute contracts quickly without the hassles of transporting paper documents while ensuring security and legality. It works completely on cloud and integrates readily with your everyday apps. According to the vendor, Zoho Sign…
Revv, an eSignature solution, supports document automation and workflows. Revv enables users to create documents from a template library or upload and send external WORD/PDF documents for electronic signatures. Additionally, it offers various signature types to meet every eSignature…
What is Electronic Signature Software?
Electronic signature or e-signature software allows a contract to be signed digitally with a formal signature. The goal is to speed up contractual processes that legally require a signature.
The signature can be created using a mouse, a touchpad or tablet. E-signatures do away with paper forms. Paper forms are replaced with easily tracked and audited digital documents.
E-signing is especially important for contracts involving remote parties. In those cases, in-person signatures would be a significant roadblock. Therefore, most vendors offer features related to integration, file sharing, compliance, and approval workflows.
Common Uses of Electronic Signature Software
E-signatures may be deployed in many scenarios, including things like:
- Sales order processing
- New hire paperwork
- Inventory sign-off
- IT asset change or maintenance
- Legal documentation
Key Benefits of Electronic Signature Software
The benefits of e-signature software include:
- Acceleration of transactions and contractual agreements
- Increased efficiency through digitization and automation
- Ease of demonstrating compliance, compared to a paper trail
Electronic Signature Software Features & Capabilities
Some e-signature tools are lower cost and geared toward contract-heavy industries like real estate or household services. They offer capabilities for generating and signing simple contracts via tablet or mobile device.
More sophisticated platforms offer enhanced integration, security, and oversight capabilities.
Electronic Signature Software may include the following features:
- Send & Collaborate: Ability to easily send digital documents, or sync them with a digital repository.
- Integration with Systems of Record: Compatibility with project management, ECM, and CRM systems, among others.
- Compatibility with Document Types: Support for signatures on almost any kind of document or file. Examples are .txt., .doc, pdf., and .xcl.
- Sign on the Go: Documents can be signed on a mobile device, even while offline, to be synced later. Useful for field agents.
- Form Conversion: Areas and fields within a form (e.g. a .pdf) can be converted to a spot to sign.
- File Sync: Prepare documents offline or on the go, and sync them with the repository later.
- Digital Signature: Asymmetric encryption with a certificate-based ID, providing enhanced security with authentication and non-repudiation. Useful for enterprises or in scenarios where compliance is a concern.
- Managerial Oversight: See who has and has not signed. Useful for tracking and accelerating sales offers toward closure.
- Workflow Design, Creation & Editing: Designing or re-ordering contracts' workflow to a manager's specifications.
- White Label & Branding: Ability to present documents in your own branded style.
- Compliance: Support for different compliance standards such as HIPAA, SOC 2 type II, and ISO 27001. Concerns vary by industry, so vendors tend to focus on compliance standards for particular verticals.
Electronic Signature Software Comparison
To compare different Electronic software, consider these aspects of each product offering:
- Feature Needs: Unlike many software categories, electronic signature software options don’t have many features provided by all products. If your business needs any features beyond digital signatures, you can narrow down your software selection process a lot by looking for electronic signature options that meet each of your needs.
- Form Conversion Options: One of the key features of electronic signature tools is their ability to convert existing forms into forms that can accept a digital signature. Consider how your forms exist now, and whether or not each tool can convert them. A tool that can convert most or all of your forms will save your business a lot of time compared to other options.
- Integrations: Many electronic signature options offer integrations with business systems such as CRMs. When comparing electronic signature software, consider which ones offer built in integrations with tools you are already using. If you have any obscure integration needs, consider how difficult it is to build an integration with each electronic signature tool.
E-signature vendors often price on a per user, per month basis. Pricing ranges from $10/month for personal or individual use to $40+ per user per month for businesses. Enterprise platforms may cost upwards of $100 per user, per month for more sophisticated features.
The following electronic signature software offer award-winning customer relationships, feature sets, and value for price. Learn more about our Best Of Awards methodology here.