Overall Satisfaction with Selenium
Selenium is used for web UI automation. We automate test cases for release regression runs. The whole organization uses it for Web testing. It provides feedback when developing new features and then running tests on old features to make sure nothing is broken. It gives us flexibility to run tests on different environments and browsers.
- Quick development of tests once framework is written
- Easy to maintain when using page objects design pattern
- Compatible with major browsers.
- Tricky to work out timing issues for test failures
- Not able to interact with certain popups outside the browser
- One positive is that a testing department can balance automation and manual testing to keep up with the pace of agile development.
- One negative is that once the automation suite is large, maintenance will take some time.
Selenium is much more robust than QTP. Writing of tests is quicker and more maintainable.