Overall Satisfaction with SingleStore (formerly MemSQL)
We use it to hold and query real estate listings in four states. This is the engine behind our website's and mobile app's main feature - property search. The queries have geospatial criteria. Because of the volume of records and complexity of queries, MemSQL was an obvious choise for it's performance. Now, as SingleStore offers collumnar storage, we can use it for other things like analytics and reporting.
- Scaling - columnar storage makes it easy to scale without cost or signifigant performance hits
- Speed - where performance is an issue, we can keep the data in RAM
- Simplified management - Love MemSQL's web UI to manage clusters
- I'm fine here - I think Single store is addressing needs (Managablility, Flexible maintenance windows, responsive tech support) nicely
- I suppose reliability is an issue. I see the few causes behind this get fixed quickly and the platform becomes more dependable as it matures
- We're slowly migrating off Redshift, Aurora and SQL Server
- Reporting systems are becoming more real-time
Do you think SingleStore delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SingleStore's feature set?
Did SingleStore live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SingleStore go as expected?
Would you buy SingleStore again?
SingleStore (formerly MemSQL) Support
Very responsive to trouble tickets - Often, I think, the SingleStore's monitoring systems have already alerted the engineers by the time I get around to writing a ticket (about 10 - 20 mins after we see a problem). I feel like things are escalated nicely and SingleStore takes resolving trouble tickets seriously. Also SingleStore follows up after incidents to with a post mortem and actionable takaways to improve the product. Very satisfied here.