Overall Satisfaction with SoapUI
SoapUI is being used for functional testing in our organization as well as other organization that I have worked with. Its been used by the development and testing team majorly. It's used for unit testing by the development team. It supports multiple protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP etc.. It helps in creating mock services and supports scripting which are really useful in creating automated unit testing. Its been used by the performance testing team to run the load testing which is one of the most important testing before the product goes live. Since web services are widely used by product these days SoapUI can be great tool to use these web services easily and efficiently. The tools can be used by almost all departments from development to operations support.
- SoapUI is really easy to use and has a very small learning curve. It doesn't really matter if you are a programmer or not you can pick up SoapUI quickly. The user interface is really very intuitive.
- Since it supports many protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, JMS etc.. it greatly helps the developer to use a single tool and not jump around tools.
- SoapUI can help create really advanced Load test scenarios really quickly. It can also integrate with LoadUI which has superior Load Testing Experience.
- There are plugins available for IDE's such as Eclipse, NetBeans and IntelliJ. So if people prefer using the SoapUI inside the IDE they can use it as well instead of opening another tool.
- It is capable of creating mock services for all kind of web services which is very important for testing.
- The only disadvantage I could think off right now is that its Plugins for IDE's don't work as well. But that shouldn't keep you from using it. You can always use the SoapUI tool instead of the plugins.
- Better test coverage.
- Helps operations support team to turn around the tickets quickly.
- Small learning curve.
The easy to use interface and great support for creating mock services are among the major reasons for renewing the use of SoapUI.
SoapUI is really useful if you are creating a product which will have many users. It has a really good support for Load testing. Its always a good choice for the developers to create unit test scenarios using mock services and scripting. You can create various test scenarios with many mock responses based on the input. You can use most of the features of SoapUI in the free version. Developers really don't require the pro version of the SoapUI. But if you want to do security testing or load testing then you need a pro version for which you need to weigh your options as the pro version is not free.