May 01, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
SoapUI Pro New license
Overall Satisfaction with SoapUI
We use SOAP UI in the IT department which is part of shared services across the organization. SOAP UI is primarily used for testing web services and simulating small amount of load when needed. We are also using advanced properties of SOAP UI like support of groovy scripts and load UI.
- We found it an excellent tool to get started with web service testing.
- SOAP-UI's intuitive and interactive user interface makes web service functional and performance testing a cake walk
- Once you are familiar with the tool, it is extremely easy to learn more complex tasks like creating groovy scripts etc to automate the testing.
- SOAP UI should support functionalities like tcpmon out of box.
- SOAPUI has been extremely helpful in conducting standardized tests for web services in integration testing and UAT cycles. As a middleware team this was especially helpful as we did not have to wait for service consumers to be ready to 'test' our services.
We primarily explored the possiblities of using JMeter or JUnit for web services testing. However JMeter comes nowhere close to soap UI in terms of simplicity and intuitiveness of the tool.
I think SOAP UI should be de-facto testing tool for any organization experimenting with web services. I have not seen any testing tool so intuitive and easy to learn as SOAP-UI. However I personally feel the capabilities of load testing/performance testing in SOAP UI are less appropriate than desired. SOAPUI along with LOAD UI is cumbersome to use.