Overall Satisfaction with Socio
We are using Socio as a state conference app for our upcoming hybrid conference in October. We used it last November for a completely virtual State conference. It is accessed by all conference attendees who are also MAEA members. All of our members are teachers.
- Customer Service
- Overall Web and Mobile App Aesthetic
- Opportunities for Sponsors and Vendors
- The Price it High For Non-Profit Organizations like Ours
- The "Attendees Profiles" section should display the attendee who is logged and looking at his/her app so that he/she doesn't think they are unregistered.
- The "Attendees Profiles" and the "Speaker Profiles" should merge so that speakers who are also attendees don't have to fill out two profiles.
- Accessibility on Multiple Devices Both Mobile and Not
- Ability to run 10 or more sessions concurrently
- Ability to organize and house content for many months in an aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly manner
- We were able to sell "After Passes" to people who did not attend the conference synchronously.
- We were able to really promote sponsors and vendors in a way that we have not before.
- We were able to use the conference app game to really promote engagement and fun!
We reviewed HeySummit, RunTheWorld and Airmeet. We selected Socio based on its added features, its aesthetic, price and customer service.
Do you think Webex Events (formerly Socio) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex Events (formerly Socio)'s feature set?
Did Webex Events (formerly Socio) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex Events (formerly Socio) go as expected?
Would you buy Webex Events (formerly Socio) again?