Webex Events

Webex Events Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Webex Events is used by my organization as a whole. It addresses really important problems that we have to make a better policy for our country. We recently have used Cisco Webex Events to make training or coordinate with our neighbour countries for frequency coordination. It has been a great experience because we haven't had interruptions and we have had the opportunity to record the meeting
  • It connects people around the world
  • It helps organize meetings in a simple and fast way
  • It never interrupts or goes slow
  • When you have the link for the event you should not register into it when Webex Events opens again
  • the settings part about camera and more should be more visible not at the left corner
  • the page about adding a new event is a little complex
It is the best way to make a meeting especially in the times we are living. It is a safe and easy platform that anyone can use. Any event can be set up really easily and you can manage all the participants in the meeting really well. I strongly recommend if you have important and serious meetings to make
I really like Webex Events overall but when it comes to the events that we have to do for our organization I want them to be at top quality and deliver good audio and video connection. I find Webex Events the best event platform because it helps me create events fast, give information for participants on time, manage all the participants etc
Well, 10 out of 10 because Webex Events team is fast and punctual. I don't know how they do it but we can find a solution really fast about any problem we have in a Webex Event. So support is great. I really would like always to collaborate and I really support Webex Events.
Osama Youssef | TrustRadius Reviewer
we use "Webex Events" to set events and occasions meetings to make a presentation to our clients. and also on monthly team meetings to set goals and milestones and it's a very good user-friendly tool. and one of its best features is that it really helps us fully concentrate with the presenters as we can mute other participants just for a little while.
  • Sharing documents from the host desktop[.]
  • The many options to control the audience[.]
  • The surveys and live Q&A[.]
  • Recording events feature is missing[.]
  • Waiting room feature is missing[.]
  • Mobile screen sharing feature is missing[.]
Webex Events is well suited for training webinars and for large amounts of participants, where you might need these features -polling -live Q&A -surveys and where your audience is only going to interact with the presenters by these features only. Webex Events is less appropriate to everyday use for your team meeting as there would be too many useless options for this case.
Webex Events is well ahead of many other online meeting platforms in terms of features and options available to customers, and it has really aided me and my team in achieving our objectives when planning events. It would have been ideal if the fee was a little lower and the UI was a little more user-friendly for newcomers.
Webex Events is used as a digital platform to connect both internally and externally. Internally we use it when we have a town-hall meeting that we need to mute the audience and have only a few speakers (about 6 as panelists). We give them a dry run call before it to make them familiar with the platform. The only problem is that we need the host to be 100% concentrating to give the ball to the presenter when he presents. This is how we use it internally, and we have few people that have the licenses maybe 20 employees out of 200. The second thing is that we use it externally when we need to have a meeting with the Health Care Professionals, and we can’t meet face to face so we send the link to the HCPs that will attend and send the panelists the link to the speakers and give them a dry run call before the event. The problem here is that so few healthcare professionals are used to it. Webex Events solves the problem of having a face-to-face meeting, and at the same time, it gives us the feel of the real meeting.
  • Sharing the slides from my desktop
  • Customizing the view of the cameras
  • Using the mute all from the host’s
  • Recording the session and sending it
  • Branding for the event
  • Making the links shorter
  • Branding the registration page
It is well suited when we have a meeting, and we need all the attendees to be muted so we can be safe that no one can speak except if he takes a permission.
It is less appropriate when we have a meeting that needs to be branded internally or externally to make the audience have the real feel of the stage and the face-to-face meeting and to highlight whether a brand or a concept of the meeting itself.
Because there is a great area of improvement, as not all the browsers can be used to open the event, we can’t launch Webex Events from the mobile phone. The most important thing is that I can’t brand my event to have the look and feel of the topic I am talking about.
I sent before to the experts to ask them about the reports, and they answered in detail but didn’t have the fast reply that ON24 support has, for example.
Taylor S. Shelberg, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webex Events was one of the first platforms we pivoted to back in March 2020. Our Admissions office quickly researched how to use the platform in the Support section of the software. Then, we flipped all of our on-campus experience into virtual offerings using Webex Events. Since the university already possessed a Cisco Webex enterprise license, it made it easier to know which software to utilize. At the time, the online programs were the only ones that had used the software regularly. I leaned heavily on our in-house ITS system administrator with other questions. We used Webex Events for weekly virtual experiences from March 2020 to December 2020.
  • Automated email templates.
  • Integrating post-event surveys.
  • Categorizing various event types.
  • Event recordings.
  • Event creation features are missing.
  • Wish the interface was more intuitive and user friendly.
If you're primarily putting on a webinar or information session, I think Webex Events can perform well. If you're trying to put together a virtual event with multiple sessions, it may not be the best platform to use. You can definitely tell that the quality isn't as good as Zoom, Google Duo, etc.
It was just really challenging to figure out how to use it. I think the biggest issue was that it wasn't aesthetically pleasing or intuitive. It felt like an old software from the early 2000s. It can get the job done and if your organization already has an enterprise license, then go for it. But otherwise, I would look elsewhere.
The support I received was not that great. I've never spoken to a live person before, instead, I've only used their support portal. It answers a few FAQs but for the most part, it's lacking lots of potential information. This section titled "Popular Topics" could be improved upon and would help users to self-correct versus reaching out to someone at Webex with their issues.
October 21, 2021

Webex Events Review

Mostly we use Webex Events when we organize tech days for our customers. Our private customers [also] use Webex Events to organize events for their internal events. It is useful to control the audience's behaviors before [starting] the exam. I mean, you may [also] set audience permissions so the event will be not interrupted because of anything.
  • Best for tech talks
  • Best for organize some public events
  • Can control audience options
  • Webex Events setting page may be much more user friendly
  • Too [many] options are on setting page, most we are not using
To talk [about] big events like tech talks or company days, Webex Events is good to use. You can set the mic and camera settings so no one interrupts the meeting, but when you are meeting with your team or another company you [do] not use Webex Events you may use [the] Webex Meetings application.
When you are in an event it has a very user-friendly control page to control the audience and hosts. But it is not very good [regarding] the event setting page, they might be thinking about developing a little bit [more] user-friendly page. The recording feature is also very useful and has [plenty of] space for you.
We have never used or needed assistance for Webex events because they have very detailed documents on Webex Pages. Also, there is an information button near the settings you may read this information when you need it. But I know you may [also] use help bots like chatting online on Webex Teams if you need assistance.
September 12, 2021

Webex Events Review

We use Webex Events for webinars and training purposes when our Sales or Technical department needs to reach out to a large audience. We also host workshops and live demonstrations on the Webex Events platform because it's not only capable of hosting video-enabled meetings but has screen, file, and video sharing capabilities, and also we are able to control the audience (panelists vs participants).
  • Hosting large webinars.
  • Controlling the audience.
  • Sharing media.
  • Nothing comes to my mind.
Webex event is perfect for webinars when there's a need to control the audience.
It does perfectly what it offers and what it offers suits perfectly the needs of an online event.
Never had to get in touch with support because of Webex Events which also shows how great it is.
Webex Events is being utilized across our entire organization. This software has increased communication abilities immensely. I highly recommend Webex Events to anyone looking for software capable of creating engaging online events. This truly helps to engage with prospective clients, existing customers, and fellow employees. Using Webex Events is a breeze!
  • Makes for engaging internal meetings.
  • Ease of use with interface.
  • Event setup is very simple.
  • More tools could be added to make events and presentations more aesthetic.
  • It would be nicer to have a "waiting room" for viewers to remain in beforehand.
  • An increased participant number would be nice to have for more than 1,000 attendees.
Webex Events is extremely well suited for an event planning organization like mine. In-person events came to a complete halt when the COVID-19 pandemic began. Since then, events have switched to online and have remained online until this day. Webex Events has been a godsend for us during these difficult times. We are still able to hold "events" and we still continue to effectively communicate and engage with clients, customers, and fellow employees.
Webex Events has truly been a blessing throughout this entire pandemic. The virtual events and meetings that my organization has put together have been flawless thanks to Webex. Clients, customers, and internal employees alike all rave about the seamless process of getting together online through Webex. It's a simple interface that I highly recommend to anyone looking for online event software.
The support provided by Webex Events is truly wonderful. They are always available to quickly handle any technical issues that may arise during use. Overall, we have had close to no technical issues. The few issues that did arise with the initial setup were easily taken care of immediately. The Support Team is very knowledgeable and has always been able to answer all of our questions.
Camille Boukhaled | TrustRadius Reviewer
At my organization, Cisco Webex Events is being used for all internal or firm-wide meetings and presentations and the occasional client presentation. It was also previously used as an accompaniment to in-person seminars to facilitate the webcast of the event to a handful of remote participants. This tool helps us engage with clients and staff remotely, record presentations when necessary, and is useful as a one-way communication stream rather than having all attendees sign on as active participants.
  • Cisco Webex Events is very straightforward and easy to use. Setting up an event within the platform is quite simple - anyone can do it.
  • Webex Events is a great add-on feature to the Webex conferencing platform to allow a one-way broadcast of information, rather than worrying about attendees being able to interrupt the presentation.
  • Recording a session is fairly simple and accessing the recordings post-event is quite reliable. I believe you can also upload .mp4 files into the Webex Events platform to serve as a host.
  • Webex Events is fine for basic internal meetings, but lacks sophistication for important client presentations. There is no "producer" function or back-end area for a technician to monitor while remaining invisible. Even with the camera turned off, the "host" will always appear as a presenter.
  • There is no "lobby" area for attendees in Webex Events, therefore if participants sign on to the event early, they risk seeing the presenters doing their sound check, testing the slides, etc. It would be helpful if attendees could be directed to a page that said "This meeting will begin shortly" (for example) until the actual go-live time.
Cisco Webex Events is well suited for internal meetings or all-staff presentations. I would not recommend it be used for client-facing or stakeholder presentations, education seminars or any particular event where a branding opportunity would be valuable (since this is unavailable in Webex Events).
Overall Cisco Webex Events is fairly intuitive and easy to use. There are several settings that you can only access once in "live mode" whereas it is preferable to be able to set parameters ahead of time. A lot of testing is required to make sure the settings are saved and attempt to reenact the user experience ahead of time. Other than this, it is not a complicated setup process whatsoever.
In my experience, when I've had to phone support they have been very helpful. Occasionally, however, there were times when a system wide update or change was made without advising the users or the entire support team. Other times, one support person would give a different answer than another depending on the situation.
We host webinars and other events that allow external users to connect to the event. Cisco Webex Events is used by my business unit. Without having to require network access to our internal network, we can easily engage with external partners and customers. We can share multimedia content with our users and we can better engage with them during these virtual events via the live chat feature.
  • Webinar hosting
  • High bandwidth
  • Sound quality
  • Live Q&A
  • Increase the participant limit above 1,000
We use Cisco Webex Events when we need to have external participants in our event. Our corporate security does not allow external users onto our network with other tools like Skype so we need to have an externally hosted partner that can help us deliver our webinars and training sessions. It is also handy when we conduct focus groups on new product features or where we have panel discussions. Some of these we previously did in person but with COVID-19, the virtual events have really been important to us, to allow us to keep moving forward with our product development.
Cisco Webex Events allows us to connect with internal and external users. Cisco Webex Events is easy to use and set up. It has great video and audio quality. It has always been available for our scheduled events. And COVID-19, has allowed us to continue conducting our panel discussions and focus groups to keep new product development moving forward at a rapid pace.
An operator is always available when we need one. We have never had any technical issues that required support. So that is a good thing, that the product works well enough that we haven't needed support and we have conducted over 20 events this past year. I am very pleased with the product.
Cisco Webex events is used by primarily by the HR department to conduct external or internal trainings, broadcast some information or to conduct webinars from an external host. It allows to have engaging session and enable large number of participants to join the event. Further, its main use is when internal entities are involved as our existing communication systems are only restricted to company employees.
  • Gives great control to the hosts like muting and unmuting.
  • Can predefine presenters prior to the meeting.
  • Meeting information like attendees is automatically recorded by the application.
  • Slow to start the application specially when joining via web browser.
  • Expensive for use for limited audience.
  • Look and feel is outdated.
Suited when need to conduct session with a very large number, both internal and external audience is onvolved, need to give large control to the presenters/host. Less suited when participants are fewer as it is expensive compared to some other tools or if all participants need to be equally involved.
Great meeting experience with ability to chat with presenters only, post comments to wider group anonymously, ability to vote or raise hand.

However, user interface can be made more modern.
Not an organizer, hence can not comment on it. But if the HR department is mainly using it, then I believe the support would be good.
Webex Events use in our organisation as a primary tool for big events and webinars. The tool provides a great way to meet people in a various use cases such as webinars, training sessions, townhalls and etc. This tool made a huge positive impact during the pandemic for our organisation.
  • Scalable platform.
  • User friendly and easy to use.
  • Customization interface.
  • Analytics.
  • Logo size is limited to specific resolution, it is not convenient for users.
  • Old legacy user interface, unlike Webex Meetings.
  • Participant capacity is limited if compare to competitors.
Suited for internal and external webinars and training sessions where specific tools such as polling and breakout rooms are required.
Less appropriate for day to day meetings as the user interface is a bit complicated.
The product is stable and provides great meeting experience during large events or corporate town halls. Users can join instantly from any device without any hassle and bustle. This is quite convenient currently since many employees are on the move or work form home.
The support is great, I have never faced any major issues with the application.
We are using Cisco Webex Events to communicate and collaborate with customers, partners, vendors, and employees. Since we are not traveling and a limited number of people are in the office, this helps create more interactions in what I would call a more in-person experience. It is much easier to see people’s faces, reactions, and share information in real time.
  • Face-to-face-like meetings
  • Sharing files quickly and easily
  • Followup ability with the group to continue collaborating
  • Real-time collaboration with files and sharing screens
  • Easier breakout rooms
  • Potential inter-operation with other systems
  • Single platform or interface for all Webex products
  • Switch between events, calls, and personal interactions more easily
Very happy with this to date. The multiple interfaces with Cisco Webex Events and calendars synching is a major issue. We need to somehow have a primary login application that syncs all Webex products under a user's access. It can be confusing and frustrating at times getting them to work correctly. It also should be easier for hosts to allow participants to interact.
It can always be easier to operate. User confusion between apps is a big concern.
I have not had to interact with Cisco support on this front, so there's nothing to complain about. Online support is good.
In this post-COVID society we are running almost all of our big regional meetings on this service. We actually have a special setup of it that allows us to bump up to 3,000 people on a single call. This has provided everything we need to allow our users to connect with their leadership and get updates even while we are all spread out.
  • It has a great "green room" called Practice Mode that allows you to get all your speakers in a "room" virtually to prepare while others are joining the real call. It's great.
  • Being able to go up to 3,000 users is a huge benefit to us.
  • Audio management of unmuted participants is huge.
  • Breakout rooms.
  • Sometimes practice mode causes issues, but most times its fine.
If you have meetings that have a panel of speakers and you do not need the audience to talk but want the to be able to do a Q&A, then this is the perfect platform for you. This is also very well suited to having a third party manage the call. We have a whole group on my team that just manages these calls for executives.
It is easy to use, very reliable, and a great experience for the panelists and the participants. We have to do very little troubleshooting and since it is all cloud hosted we don't have any extra hardware overhead that we had to setup. This was a big win for us.
Since it is cloud hosted, it stays in Cisco data centers, and they have been very reliable. That doesn't mean they don't have issues--all services do--but when they have, we had lots of communication and they were very proactive and made sure all of our issues were resolved.
My use-case is like we have monthly town hall meetings, and participants will be from across the United States. So we use Cisco Webex Events to organize those meetings, and it precisely serves the purpose of what is needed for us. It has seamless connectivity, and voice clarity is excellent. I would recommend this product to others.
  • Cisco Webex Events helps in organizing meetings from the beginning, like from the planning stage, it guides us.
  • Connectivity is seamless, and making us a presenter and document sharing is very easy.
  • It would be nice if Cisco Webex Events allows us to playback the seminar on mobile devices.
  • And the booting time is high compared to Cisco Webex Meetings. Depending on the internet speed and other factors, it varies. Sometimes it takes 2minutes, which is frustrating.
If the meeting is for small numbers, it is better we go for Cisco Webex Meetings and if there is a need for sharing content heavily. Then I recommend regular Webex. If the gathering is big and we need assistance in doing that. Then Cisco Webex Events is the correct place because it helps in organizing.
We used Cisco Webex Events for many years as our sole webinar provider. When we started, they were the biggest player in the space and served the purpose of being able to provide a pretty reliable service to host online trainings and events. We used this provider within our entire organization.
  • Reliable/not much downtime
  • Brand recognition
  • Customer service
  • Pricing for higher tiers
It's excellent for basic meetings, but if you want to make any changes or upgrades to your account, it's a nightmare. Their customer service is awful. I felt like I had a new account manager every few months. They are quick to pass your question along to another member of their staff. Don't seem to communicate well within the organization.
Currently, we are using Cisco Webex Events to host events and conference calls.
  • It makes it very easy to host a conference call internally
  • The setup to run Webex webinars externally is very easy to run
  • The Initial software setup needs to be more streamlined
  • Call recording needs to be more powerful
We run webinars for clients who needs certain certifications and Webex Events makes it easy for us to do that and track who attends. We have Webex hooked up to our marketing automation tool and we are able to send alerts before and after to show to people who signed up. Having this functionality allows us to better track attendees before the show in order to communicate any updates, dates, notes, presenter information or any other details that would be important to the attendees.
Keysha Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently in an online certification course that uses Webex as their media for facilitation. I am currently the only one in this office using Webex.
  • Webex is great for interaction with your users/learners. You can have them add to the screen (arrows, text, shapes, etc..) or you can have them add an emoticon of your choice, or type in the chatbox! There are so many options.
  • The breakout sessions are very useful. It allows you to break your learners into teams and allow them to have their own screen and chat ability between just those few individuals, for a predetermined amount of time.
  • Once you end your breakout session, you can display all of the different groups work to the entire class. Whatever was done within the breakout session can now continue all together as one. It's great for review and discussion.
  • You are unable to MUTE yourself in a breakout session like you can in the default room.
  • The collapsible sidebars could be formatted better. You basically can see either the participants, chatbox, or polling section one at a time, but not all at once, which can be inconvenient at times.
Online training or E-learning. I am currently enrolled in a class that has over 30 people in it from all across America, all listening to the same instruction live and learning together. It is great for this widespread attendance nationwide, but I can also see it being used within one company between colleagues in other office locations, or even in the same office. It seems like a great way to collaborate regardless of who you are trying to reach.
Marcus Manderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
WebEx is often used here because an external party uses that platform. We would join a WebEx meeting, usually for some type of tutorial or training. It is used by various departments here and provides a way for users to see an instructor do a demo that involves software or a computer usage.
  • Training - trusted platform for training purposes
  • Real-time - remote participants can provide real-time feedback via voice or chat
  • Interface - the interface is fairly simple and easy to understand for someone who has never used the platform before. The barrier to entry is relatively low.
  • There always seems to be room for video quality improvement (not a necessity, but would be nice)
  • Mobile screensharing from iOS/Android (and other mobile) devices would be a great feature
  • The mobile app should be able to track meetings a user has been invited to, but does not do so (yet)
WebEx is well suited for a no hassle way to do an online training or tutorial that requires users to learn about software or a website on the computer.

WebEx is not really suited for a simple meeting that only requires voice (phone call). It is also not suited if participants need to share a mobile application from a mobile device.
  • Self-taught
Support is great. Customer first attitude.
It is a consistent and reliable platform.
The scalability is really easy
Kristina Kadykeeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since we started utilizing the Webex at work, correspondence is substantially more fluid. Groups can use the platform for document sharing and screen sharing, which enhances our work.
  • WebEx gatherings from Cisco dispatch rapidly and it doesn't require any extra establishment or setup. We just tap on the connection that the invitee made and after that it automatically opens the program locally or requests opening a temporary application in Chrome to begin the meeting. This procedure takes seconds to finish. Time is of the essence when endeavoring to join consecutive meetings
  • The product has an extremely intuitive interface for dialing in, screen sharing, and talking. There are three important features displayed on the front screen, and all others are flawlessly covered up.
  • Sharing and whiteboarding is a breeze with the product.
  • The coolest thing about this is it has a versatile application that is as straightforward as the workstation interface.
  • The product takes into consideration recording the sessions and the recordings are small in size for easy sharing.
  • Sometimes the symbols are kind of wonky. They could have more choices for emoticon responses, but that is really minor.
  • Once in a while there is a bit of lag when sharing data, associating with different PCs, and so forth, yet this is likely a system issue and not inherent to WebEx.
  • Sometimes the invitations to join a session are not sent. Or then again, if this is because of client mistake, the strategy for inviting new members is inconvenient and can get confusing.
  • The AM/PM time selection defaults to the time you are right now in, and doesn't push ahead when you select an hour later in the day. It would be good if the time could be revised so you don't coincidentally wind up booking a gathering for 3AM.
I recommend it as it lets you have more efficient collaboration, even if you are far away from each other. The video conferencing with WebEx allows you to trade thoughts as if you were face to face.
Daniel Darabaris, FPC PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
WebEx Event Center is used across my organization for numerous scenarios ranging from internal meetings to client demos. It's a great tool to provide screen sharing and conferencing to a large group of attendees. It solves the problem of meeting and demoing solutions across numerous locations.
  • Screen sharing
  • Video sharing
  • Internal webinars
  • Video buffering could be faster
  • Resolution during screen sharing is sometimes affected
  • Recording functionality is not always dependable
WebEx excels at training events. For example, training attendees on how to use particular software. The screen sharing is extremely helpful in demonstrating functionality to the audience. It also integrates very well with the conference bridge which allows immediate feedback and participation with the audience.
Brennan Andrews | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization achieved greater scalability in terms of training and conference offerings through WebEx Event Center. We first used WebEx Event Center when we had regulatory changes that all staff needed to be made aware of. The Event Center enabled us to reach all staff at once, despite their physical locations. Also, the events hosted were not just unilateral, since WebEx fosters the learning experience by enabling attendees to ask questions. The increased engagement led to productive meetings.
  • For users that have never used WebEx, the interface is very user-friendly and easy to adopt.
  • WebEx allows for both facilitators and attendees to engage with one another via various methods (chat, questions, surveys, etc.).
  • The ability to record your session for those unable to attend is excellent. The videos that are captured are high quality.
  • WebEx integrates directly with a large number of learning management systems, which is great for tracking training items for attendees.
  • WebEx lacks some capability and functionality compared to other products available (i.e. Adobe Connect).
  • The video output that WebEx produces are in a format that is not universal (.arf). This means that editing the video can be somewhat troublesome.
  • WebEx sometimes has issues loading with certain browsers.
WebEx Event Center is an excellent solution for instances when large audiences need to be given information, but it is not physically or logistically feasible to be in the same room. WebEx Event Center also is great for online learning or a blended learning approach. Furthermore, the ability to record your sessions is great, since users will be able to reference back to any previous meeting as needed.
Brandon Schroth | TrustRadius Reviewer
WebEx is used by many of my peers at my job. We mainly use it to hold events for marketing as well as setting up internal calls for all hands meetings. The best experience I have had is with lead generation from bigger webinars and getting future prospects for our cloud platforms.
  • Lead Generation
  • Simple to use
  • Great for PowerPoints and polling
  • Not very customizable
  • Needs to be easier to promote people
It is well suited in anything that requires a presentation and interaction with clients or future prospects.
It is very useful to retrieve data from attendees and receive full analytics of your meeting.
Doesn't have as much custom ability as some of its competitors and could really use some color to the room itself.
Jamie Drahos | TrustRadius Reviewer
WebEx Even Center is currently being used across our entire organization and is part of our Cisco Unified Communications effort. WebEx Event Center addresses our need for an online meeting platform as we are a global company with offices in several companies. WebEx is also integrated with our Jabber chat client for on-demand meetings and our LMS for virtual training.
  • WebEx Event Center is tightly integrated with Outlook, Cisco Jabber chat client, and our LMS for seamless event creation and management.
  • WebEx Event Center allow the user to easily control the options for each event for a quality presentation and interaction with the audience.
  • WebEx Event Center supports several audio options including VOIP and allows us to record meetings.
  • WebEx Event Center recordings are stored in a proprietary file format that is not easily converted to modern video formats. Storage limits are costly.
  • WebEx Event Center requires a browser plugin to launch events, which can difficult when using a corporate managed device.
  • The WebEx Event Center portal could be more intuitive to navigate and use.
WebEx Event center is well suited for most online events/webinars. It is accessible by the majority of our target audiences and provides the features we need to host any type of event (corporate, on-demand, training). WebEx Event Center is less appropriate if your main goal is to have a recorded version that can be posted easily to other platforms as a video. This is most commonly experienced with using WebEx Event Center for online training.
October 09, 2019

WebEx Events Review

I am an Event Specialist working for Americas Marketing Organization. We currently use WebEx events for webinars. We generate several webinars per year. They are targetted to educate our customers on what problems our equipment can solve and or how to use our equipment.
  • Ability to share screen which help provide visual to attendees.
  • Very easy to setup registration pages.
  • Many guided tutorials available.
  • I do not like the new layout - wish we could lock-in a default layout for attendees especially when using webcam.
  • Wish we could customize registration landing pages with my company look/feel
  • Would e good to have report that also includes poll results - show us who answered what.
Webex is well suited for webinars that need screen sharing. however, I am not a fan of the webcam feature yet. I wish we could control who's webcam is to remain on 100% of the time even if there are multiple presenters logged in.
We use Webex Events throughout our nonprofit, educational organization in order to provide virtual instructor-led webinars to our clients, both internal and external. It addresses the problem of being able to hold synchronous, digital events with users across organizations and across the world. We can present content to a large number of people and share recordings with them afterwards.
  • Screen sharing works fairly seamlessly in this tool.
  • Trainers have good tools to gauge the level of user engagement during training webinars.
  • Many users can join a training event and it still works seamlessly.
  • The login process is cumbersome, and it never seems to remember that I am logged in.
  • Internal users run into a lot of connectivity errors (sound dropping, etc.) for some reason.
  • The webinar recordings are generated in a proprietary format that requires converting in order to upload somewhere like Vimeo.
If your organization has a large budget and needs to host webinars or training sessions for very large numbers of users, Webex Events is a good choice of tool. However, there are other tools that accomplish most of the same things, with less financial overhead. In our experience all webinar tools have their connectivity issues, but Webex seems to have more issues than are warranted given its price point.

Webex Events Scorecard Summary

Reporting & Analytics (2)
Dashboards (20)
Data exportability (20)
Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software (2)
High quality audio (26)
Mobile support (22)
Online Meetings / Events (4)
Calendar integration (22)
Record meetings / events (26)
Slideshows (24)
Event registration (23)
Online Events Collaboration (2)
Audience polling (24)
Q&A (22)
Online Events Security (2)
Participant roles & permissions (26)
Confidential attendee list (24)
Online Events Marketing (2)
Branding options (18)
Integration to Marketing Automation (16)

What is Webex Events?

Webex Events is a tool for webinars and online presentations. It can be used for events for groups of 100 to 3,000 attendees, with multiple presenters. It also includes audio controls and attention monitoring tools. Webex Events compliments other Webex communications, collaboration, and remote support tools, such as Webex Meetings, Webex App, and Webex Calling.

Webex Events Features