Use SolarWinds AppOptics to see what you don't.
May 15, 2020

Use SolarWinds AppOptics to see what you don't.

Software Version

Infrastructure and Application Performance Monitoring (APM)

Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds AppOptics

We have been using SolarWinds AppOptics for a while. Its agent is monitoring all of our servers we run in Amazone and in Azure cloud. It is very useful when combining the dashboards and for alerting. The only thing we miss is SMS support for alerts. Also when on the Infrastructure page I notice I could find useful like "merge" function. So I can select a couple of instances and see Host details for those selected.
  • Compact monitoring
  • Tracking of transactions, requests, etc.
  • Its simplicity of usage. Less is more.
  • Its SMS gateway for notification, so we don't need to use a third party.
  • On Infrastructure page, select multiple choices and see Host details for all of them
  • Better organization of metrics
  • Faster troubleshooting
  • Less downtime
  • Prevent issues
We are using SolarWinds AppOptics to monitor our servers, our services running on those servers, mostly docker, NGINX, and PHP. It's been super useful when it comes to stack traces, error reporting, and all kinds of request tracking (external, database, errored requests). Also its alerting system is very simple to set up and use.
I personally had no problems starting on SolarWinds AppOptics. It was easy to move, easy to learn, and everything is placed just as it should be. Its simple design provides speed when you need to check your monitoring quickly.
  • SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor
Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Docker
If your application requires detailed monitoring, alerting, and metrics all of kind, SolarWinds AppOptics would be a great fit for your organization. I have been using multiple APM tools but SolarWinds AppOptics is the best one so far.

SolarWinds AppOptics Feature Ratings

Application monitoring
Database monitoring
Threshold alerts
Predictive capabilities
Application performance management console
Collaboration tools
Out-of-the box templates to monitor applications
Application dependency mapping and thresholding
Virtualization monitoring
Server availability and performance monitoring
Server usage monitoring and capacity forecasting
IT Asset Discovery