Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
Our company uses Spiceworks to manage computers and in a help desk function. Spiceworks is currently being maintained and used by our technicians. Additionally, we use it to allow users to submit computer and technology issues. Their alert system is awesome and their ticketing system addresses our need for for issue tracking and management.
- Spiceworks has an excellent built in monitoring and operations dashboard that is being updated often to add more features.
- Spicework's help desk panel is awesome. Many features are just a click away when you need them.
- Spicework's ticketing system is the best free system we've ever used.
- There could be more scanning features for network traffic.
- Spiceworks has an awesome community. I'd love to see news articles and forum conversations related to my equipment.
- Spiceworks could use more options for the help desk GUI.
- Spiceworks has boosted our trouble tracking dramatically. We no longer operate out of an email box for technology issues. It's a huge improvement.
- Spiceworks allows us monitor some systems for down time and space issues. The alerts are awesome in the crazy day-to-day work environment.
- Our users are happy with our ticketing system. It's important that we have a quick and easy way to report problems and Spiceworks is the perfect solution for this.
We used some paid solutions (Connectwise) and a free open source product called OTRS. While both of these products were excellent, Spiceworks has an all-in-one dashboard that really meets all of our needs in one location. Additionally, Spiceworks is free and that is a huge plus for a small IT department like ours. I would choose Spiceworks over the competitors any day.
Spiceworks does what I have not seen any other system do. It consolidates many excellent features into one dashboard. We no longer have to mange 4 or 5 different services. Our Spiceworks install has us covered both from computer management as well as from a help desk ticketing system standpoint. I'd give it a 10 because it meets our needs and it has surpassed our expectations.
Install this on a non-production first to make sure you're happy with the functionality. We haven't had any issues with the installation but it's better safe than sorry when it comes to important servers. Furthermore, schedule the scans associated with Spiceworks for after-hours. They are not too terribly resource intensive but they can be a little burdensome on the network.