Overall Satisfaction with Splunk
Spunk is a great tool. We use it for analyzing large chunks of data in the data center where the data is dynamic and continuously incoming from various events generated by all the servers. We also keep track of the data provided by the metrics generated which gives a good insight of what is going wrong in the data center.
- Easy to scale with large data sets.
- Real time analyzing.
- Suport all types of data.
- Doesn't provide optimized results with smaller size of data.
- Had best results amongst its competitors.
- Even though costly it has many features which are handy.
- It provided fast results on large data sets and is easy to manage.
Hadoop is a good framework and less costly than Spunk but Splunk had many advantages over Hadoop:
Spunk is a great log analyzing tool if the data is quite large and accepts widely used data format. It provides accurate real time analyzing. Most importantly, it is extensible. The problem with the free version is the data indexing limit whereas the professional version is quite costly for an individual.