Overall Satisfaction with Splunk
Splunk is really useful while analyzing dynamic data. I have been using Splunk for 2 years and I really find it very useful, especially working with bigger datasets. I have used Splunk for my project to analyze and learn different patterns from [my] university dataset. It was really very easy and user friendly to use.
- Scalability. Splunk is really useful when you are dealing with a dynamic and bigger system and you want to make your system scalable.
- Reliable. Very reliable.
- Indexing and speed. Splunk really works very fast, even with bigger datasets.
- Cost! Splunk is a little costly when it comes to economical comparison.
- Speed is sometimes less when inflow of dynamic data is huge.
- Learning curve is there to become master of Splunk.
- Positive : Splunk was really useful for analyzing dynamic dataset in real time basis.
- Positive : The results and graphs shown by splunk, are really helpful and easy to understand even for non-technical person.
- Negative : Cost was little high as compared to allocated budget.
- Kibana, Logstash and Graylog2
Apart from cost, Splunk overcomes and supersedes all other products considering all the features and user experience. Splunk is fast as compared to other products. The results shown in the form of various types of graphs are really helpful while doing comparison with other datasets.
Graphical display of results is really useful while doing analysis of big data. Really useful for dynamic datasets, like network packet flow analysis. Not ver useful for static data.