March 21, 2013
Score 10 out of 10
- Workflows and auditing: Spredfast allowed me to see how often my community manager was posting, how often she was creating content that was engaging, and what the best times for her to post were. I could add an intern to an approval path so that her posts weren't published without being vetted by a senior employee. I could assign replies to Spredfast users with due dates -- and then measure how often they replied on time. Everything that takes place within Spredfast has an audit trail -- I could see who edited what and when, who highlighted what for whom, and so on.
- Through the platform, you can measure reach of social campaigns, manage social CRM, tag content for R&D, and even pull in your Google Analytics stats to create a more complete view of what you're doing online.
- Security -- for a national brand like Jason's, it's really important for us to keep our Twitter and Facebook logins private instead of sharing them with multiple users. Because of the way Spredfast works, you can grant access in a LOT of really customized ways without ever giving up logins or passwords (e.g., granting access to Twitter but not Facebook, or to just one Facebook page even if you have 200 of them). When someone leaves the company, you simply turn off access. No need to change all of your credentials.
- I do wish there had been a seamless way to integrate email marketing stats into the social CRM piece and the analytics.
- Reduction in customer service and marketing overhead, increase in customer frequency, among others.
Spredfast was our original choice because we knew we couldn't outgrow it. We enjoy the relationship we have with the company and are looking forward to more innovation from them in the future.
Spredfast is innovating. All the time. They don't stop. For us, that was a huge value because we knew that Spredfast has great visionary leadership and an exceptional execution team that was focused on pushing the boundaries of what's possible in the social space. If a brand wants to be innovative in social, they have to work with an innovative SMMS vendor.
Evaluation and Selection
Radian6 was on the short list because of our relationship with Salesforce.com. However, we evaluated over 20 other social media management systems before choosing Spredfast. No one else offered the workflows, audit trails, and permissions-based system we needed to scale our social efforts across the company in an intelligent way. In other words, no other systems were close to Spredfast in terms of being truly enterprise-ready.
It was an intimate and personal meeting and the trainer was exceptionally patient. This was an amazing experience for our higher ups.
it is important to note that my perspective is not necessarily common - I'm a geek/nerd/poweruser in general, so I found the online resources to be more than adequate (and often very aesthetically pleasing, too). That said, a less "geeky" person might struggle a bit.
It was easy for me because, again, I'm a geek. For others, I'd recommend joining Spredfast's webinars for ongoing training.
It's just a great company. I have developed close relationships with many of the folks at Spredfast. They're good people, and they are a pleasure to work with. The sales team, sales engineers, and the onboarding staff worked hard to make sure all of our questions were answered. Support is excellent, too.