Overall Satisfaction with StarWind Virtual SAN
StarWind Virtual SAN is used in our organization on servers for high availability. Hyper-V-based virtual machines that host database management servers access fault-tolerant storage. This allows us to give uninterrupted work of our employees with databases even while servicing one of the servers.
- Fault-tolerant and high-performance storage.
- Servers of one cluster can be located at a distance from each other.
- It works even on the oldest servers and requires nothing but two network cards.
- For me, management through poweshell is not very clear, and there is very little documentation on this issue.
- There is no multilanguage, but technical support speaks my native language perfectly.
- We had two servers and we did not have to buy expensive data storage in addition. It is enough to buy some hard drives and install the program.
Previously, we used Storage Spaces Direct from Windows Server 2016 to create a failover cluster on 2 nodes, but this does not work with all types of raid controllers, and this only works in the datacenter version, which is very expensive for our tasks.
Technical support deserves maximum value since they care not only about the development of their product but about the system as a whole. We performed an initial full check of all nodes of our servers and checked all cluster settings, although this part does not apply to StarWind Virtual SAN. All told in great detail, as well as gave links to materials for study. I also want to mark a huge number of manuals for almost all occasions.
Do you think StarWind Virtual SAN delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with StarWind Virtual SAN's feature set?
Did StarWind Virtual SAN live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of StarWind Virtual SAN go as expected?
Would you buy StarWind Virtual SAN again?
StarWind Virtual SAN is an excellent and inexpensive solution that allows you to quickly configure fault-tolerant storage for any task. This is true when you already have a server and you do not need to spend extra money on the purchase of data storage systems.