Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Endpoint Security
We use Symantec Endpoint Security to protect our Workstations from the daily threats posed by viruses, malware, ransomware and other cybersecurity attacks. Most of our users are remote and carry their laptops to different offices (both our own and customers) and ensuring that they are protected against the increasing number of threats from outside the business is key. It currently covers around 40 systems.
- Delivers strong protection against cybersecurity threats
- AI guidance when creating and deploying policies
- Advanced threat detection
- A single agent simplifies installation
- The merger with Broadcom has left existing customers struggling for support
- Web console is difficult to setup and feels slow compared to others
- Consumes significant resources and can cause slowdowns on older systems
- Has helped keep our systems free from infection
- Minimising downtime from viruses
Symantec Endpoint Security offers very similar features to the above products, they all do the same thing in terms of protecting your endpoints against cybersecurity threats. Installation wise the products all install from a central management system and report back to this for central reporting. Ultimately we choose Symantec as the reseller was able to offer additional incentives which made their pricing very competitive.
Do you think Symantec Endpoint Security delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Symantec Endpoint Security's feature set?
Did Symantec Endpoint Security live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Symantec Endpoint Security go as expected?
Would you buy Symantec Endpoint Security again?
We have found that Symantec Endpoint Security is better suited to newer systems running faster processors and more than 8GB RAM otherwise the client agent takes up too many resources and slows the system down. However, if you have a reasonably modern fleet of systems it does everything you would expect from an Endpoint Protection solution and works well as part of a multi-layered cybersecurity policy.