Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
Our organization uses Tableau as a reporting platform for our customer. We chose Tableau because of its versatility and its amazing ease of use. The later probably the main driver, because it is so easy to create different visual graphs, we use it in ways that we might not otherwise. The result is that we are able to exceed our customers' expectations in terms of reporting with very little maintenance.
- You can "easily" add equations to the data that is displayed in your charts.
- We are able to provide "real time" reporting in Tableau. As the data in our service process occurs, it updates the report.
- We particularly like the mapping function. Again, we can easily provide data points in a map format in a multiple ways with dynamic icons.
- Great support.
- Drill down function: You can select a data field and drill down into the underlying data.
- Well, the viewer does not provide "drill down" capability. One of the nice features is the ability to drill down into the data that is displayed on the chart. It is easy to send someone the viewer to review a report, but it lacks this functionality.
JReports is good, but more for creating dashboards. We decided to go with Tableau over creating a web solution because of the cost of entry and time to get it up and running. The support at Tableau is very good, but at some point, you don't need it anymore because of its intuitive structure.