Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire
We use Spotfire for dashboarding, data visualization and scripting for statistical and predictive modeling. Most of our departments use it from operations, production, safety, to finance and corporate. We find a lot of value in the customization and development options of Spotfire and the TERR engine. The business problems being addressed via Spotfire range from the improvement in speed and accuracy in production forecast models to the variance reconciliation of realized and recognized cost models.
- Data assimilation and aggregation
- Data Visualization Style Offerings
- Continuous version improvements
- Unreasonably high priced TERR scripts; Need more templates with TERR scripts (forecasting, statistical scipts, etc.) and IronPython styling examples templates that are more reasonablly priced.
- Would like the ability to map and save colors to particular data values across all visualizations.
- Would like chronological movie play functionality to view chronological flows on map charts.
- Would like more customized oilfield chart offerings like for example, 3D surfacing, geological logs, lithological facies clustering charts, tree diagrams, cross sectioning functionality, etc.
[The] user manual for basic learning is acceptable. Joining Spotfire community and internet searches is also helpful. There could be room for improvement in R scripting and Iron Python scripting offerings within business specific focus areas for additional value.
TIBCO Spotfire Feature Ratings
Using TIBCO Spotfire
1 - Need to be computer savvy and able to view data through multi-dimensional lens.