TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire: the Wild West of BI Tools"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligenceTIBCO SpotfireUnspecified8.33801012018-06-21T21:23:02.269Z
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire
We are converting from one tool to Spotfire. We need to match functionality from the other tool into Spotfire. It helps business users spend less time creating reports and more time making decisions
- Highly Customize able with HTML, Python, R and others. If you can think of something and know the code, it is open format for you to deliver those results.
- Good amount of charts to display information to tell stories better about your data.
- Easy to connect to multiple data sources, regardless of if its in database or flat file.
- Our user base is missing functionality in Spotfire that causes our users to export Spotfire data into Excel, which causes more headaches. Spotfire could do a much better job providing self service functionality.
- Development beyond basic charts requires knowledge of programming languages
- Several times I have completed the creation of a report and later I had to make a small change. This change requires me to go through the entire report creation process again.
As someone who has knowledge of various coding languages, Spotfire is amazing because I can create anything without having to worry about UI or other limitations, however other tools have a much better self service strategy as it is much easier for non technical users to create the reports they are looking for without having to involve a developer or put things into Excel.
- Online training
It has been okay, but its tough to get simple questions answered on the various forums that discuss Spotfire. I think I would need a formal in-person training to fully understand all of Spotfires features. those classes are limited and cost prohibitive.
We have not intergrated with other TIBCO tools in my current project.
Quick and easy access to data, with web portal to share information. being able to take manual reporting out of the equation is really great as well. I have found that while the tool is highly custom, there is less development resources available online, so there is a bit more self solving required with this tool as the community matures.
TIBCO Spotfire Feature Ratings
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)