Titan CMS Admin's Super Awesome Review
July 02, 2015
Titan CMS Admin's Super Awesome Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Titan CMS
Titan CMS is used mainly by myself, however, the marketing director and IT director also have a login and have basic knowledge of how the system works. Titan CMS addresses our need for an easy to use CMS to update our website on a daily basis. It also works alongside of our customer relationship management software that is used by the entire staff.
- Layout/structure of information - Fairly intuitive, it is easy to search for content (within the CMS) if your website is large. However, a CMS truly can only be as organized as the user is.
- WYSIWYG editor - Creating and publishing pages is extremely easy, the WYSIWYG editor standard, but gets the job done. Applying styles, linking content, adding tables, videos, etc is all very simple.
- Customizable - There is no limit of possibilities of page layouts, styles, data organization, etc. If you have HTML experience, you can really create anything you'd ever need in the Titan Administration area (where you have access to page layouts and styling).
- I would love to see a "View this Page" button after a page has been updated/published. Every time I publish a new page, I have to open a new browser window, navigate to a different tab, copy the page url "example/example/example" and paste it after "www.mywebsite.com" in order to preview the new page/content.
- If Titan and WordPress were in a beauty competition, there is no way that Titan would win. Titan's dashboard, buttons, etc are dated and bland, and is in dire need of a refresh.
- A drag and drop to upload feature would be very helpful.
- Creating forms is very cumbersome and the pop-up window in which the form is created needs to be revamped. The font-size is much too small and it is not as customizable as it could be.
- Our website prior to using Titan CMS was very similar in terms of the way content was laid out. However, since using Titan, we have been able to add new content to our site in a much quicker fashion.
- The new website and CMS has certainly helped increase the number of visitors to our site.
I am a super fan of WordPress and would have suggested having our website built within that platform in a heartbeat, however, I began my employment here after the website had already been built within Titan. Essentially, Titan was chosen as our CMS because we needed something that could work in relationship with our CRM, and the Web Development Team needed to be local (within a reasonable distance). Titan and WordPress are very similar in many different ways, and I think that at some point, Titan could be as "smooth" as WordPress, but there are still a few other weaknesses that it needs to overcome.
Titan CMS works best when one specific person can be completely dedicated to it. In my past experience, when multiple people work with it, it can be difficult to control hidden content/pages, and other fine details. While it is user friendly, I honestly feel that people that have not worked with prior CMS will be much slower picking it up than WordPress.
Titan CMS Feature Ratings
Using Titan CMS
4 - Marketing handles the design and publication of content. Operations and Technology reviews users that login to specific portal. Sales monitors the amount of RFPs that come in. Finance and Administration publishes content.
3 - The type of person that is best suited to use Titan is a quick learner that can easily solve problems. Obviously having prior CMS experience would be beneficial.
- Our web development team customized Titan to work hand-in-hand with our CRM software. Having the two programs "talk" to each other allows our entire company to remain on the same page.
- Having some prior HTML/CSS experience has allowed me to truly customize anything in Titan.
- We plan on making our website responsive and we will be using Titan throughout that process.
Titan CMS Support
I understand that our Web Development Team is very busy, however, sometimes there is a delay in response and a followup email is needed to determine the progress of the issue/question.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success