Toad Data at it's Best!
Steve Bynum | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2018

Toad Data at it's Best!

Overall Satisfaction with Toad Data Point

We use Toad Data Point to move data across various systems. We move data to NutriKids, TransFinder and Destiny every day. We use it also as a data auditing tool. It is our number one query writing tool, which is easy to use because of the graphical interface. It has improved our day-to-day operations with data analysis.
  • Ease of use. It is a very easy product to use without any particular training.
  • Multiple data source connection. It easily connects to multiple data sources which allows you to use different data sources to run reports.
  • Seamless application. Once you set everything up-- whether it is an FTP or export of data-- you can set it and forget it!
  • Training. I think they should offer some basic training, which is all that was needed.
  • Licensing. We had to purchase a couple of copies for two machines. I am not sure if anything can be done about that.
  • Vender Expos. Have not heard of them being at any national conferences.
Toad give me more flexibility. Being able to utilize FTP to send data and receive files from external systems is wonderful. Using the automation tool to run different database, file, and system activities has made my day-to-day functions easy. Being able to schedule tasks right from the software has also made thing easy.
We do not have a data storage, with the exception of our student information system. Therefore we sometimes have the data in various places in various formats. With the capability of multiple data sources connections, Toad Data Point allows us to pull the data into one query and make better educational decisions. Whether it is real-time or data files, bringing it together makes it easy.
Being able to share data across multiple departments to me is more easier and secure than printing and or email results. Writing the query and automating the exports in any format to any system and scheduling it, allow me as a data analyst to focus on training in our student information system.
I would certainly recommend it in conjunction with our student information system, PowerSchool. Since our student information system does not allow updates from an ODBC connect, there is no way of doing a mass update to data incorrectly. Being able to see the table and easily do joins has made me more efficient when writing sql statements.

Toad Data Point Feature Ratings

Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)