Toad Data at it's Best!
December 18, 2018
Toad Data at it's Best!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Toad Data Point
We use Toad Data Point to move data across various systems. We move data to NutriKids, TransFinder and Destiny every day. We use it also as a data auditing tool. It is our number one query writing tool, which is easy to use because of the graphical interface. It has improved our day-to-day operations with data analysis.
- Ease of use. It is a very easy product to use without any particular training.
- Multiple data source connection. It easily connects to multiple data sources which allows you to use different data sources to run reports.
- Seamless application. Once you set everything up-- whether it is an FTP or export of data-- you can set it and forget it!
- Training. I think they should offer some basic training, which is all that was needed.
- Licensing. We had to purchase a couple of copies for two machines. I am not sure if anything can be done about that.
- Vender Expos. Have not heard of them being at any national conferences.
Toad give me more flexibility. Being able to utilize FTP to send data and receive files from external systems is wonderful. Using the automation tool to run different database, file, and system activities has made my day-to-day functions easy. Being able to schedule tasks right from the software has also made thing easy.
We do not have a data storage, with the exception of our student information system. Therefore we sometimes have the data in various places in various formats. With the capability of multiple data sources connections, Toad Data Point allows us to pull the data into one query and make better educational decisions. Whether it is real-time or data files, bringing it together makes it easy.
Being able to share data across multiple departments to me is more easier and secure than printing and or email results. Writing the query and automating the exports in any format to any system and scheduling it, allow me as a data analyst to focus on training in our student information system.
I would certainly recommend it in conjunction with our student information system, PowerSchool. Since our student information system does not allow updates from an ODBC connect, there is no way of doing a mass update to data incorrectly. Being able to see the table and easily do joins has made me more efficient when writing sql statements.