Apex One -- All In One!
June 20, 2019
Apex One -- All In One!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Trend Micro Apex One Endpoint Security
QualTech used to use an older on-premise version of Trend Micro security, and upon the time when we would have to renew licenses, we decided to take a look at what our other options are in using Cloud software, since we were in the process of moving to a completely cloud-based infrastructure.
Trend Micro Apex One is used company wide on all computers within the company domain, including laptops that are taken home by employees.
Apex One provides not just an excellent way to secure machines from potentially malicious software, but it also provides a quick snapshot of the PC health of everything on our network. Updates, patches, and driver issues will be identified. Not to mention, the policy creation and rollout to endpoints is very easy, and acts as a second layer before the already installed firewall on the network.
- End point implementation: the roll-out of Trend Micro was extremely easy!
- Server/Device policies: creating both endpoint and server device policies is something we were looking for in a system, since we have a variety of both endpoints with users, as well as several unattended servers needing specific limitations.
- License Management: removing Trend Micro from machines before destruction or retirement is done in a pinch. There's no struggling to free up an unused license
- Threat Removal: we've encountered several times when Trend Micro will point out some kind of threat, but lacks the ability to handle the removal itself, and typically still requires some kind of manual intervention.
- It's small, but I do wish you could rename the endpoint agent names after they're assigned in the system.
- Greater view and visibility into some of the standard reports offered would be nice.
- We've saved on malware protection software costs.
- An increased overall risk assessment index score regarding future audits.
Apex One beats on non-Trend Micro product by leaps and bounds, not just on price but overall functionality.
When comparing it to the other Trend Micro products, it really comes down to what features you're looking for and what sort of devices you need to have covered. Either way, all the Trend Micro suites are excellent, but after 60-day trials on several TM products we settled on Apex One for the automation, and the trial run was an excellent demonstration of the capabilities which we instantly loved.
Trend Micro is perfect for organizations who function well with cloud-hosted solutions and are looking for a new endpoint security client that's easy to implement and provides highly reliable security. Organizations with just 10 or 100 computers would benefit from Trend Micro.
Any company also on a budget will love Trend Micro, as the pricing is flexible and rather cheap for how much you're getting. If you love a good value then it's perfect!