Tumblr for You!
January 13, 2014
Tumblr for You!
Score 9 out of 10
We use Tumblr for our internal blog. After setting up accounts and testing numerous blogging tools, we decided Tumblr was the quickest and easiest to use for easy postings that included text, photos and occasionally video. Tumblr was extraordinarily user friendly and very intuitive.
- Intuitive ease of use. It was easy to set up and get the account running immediately.
- Simplicity. Adding text, pictures and video was easy.
- Look & Feel. For the low maintenance approach we were aiming for, we were surprised that the site actually looked pretty slick.
- Themes. Not a lot to choose from. I guess when it's free, you can't expect a lot of variety.
- Videos. Occasionally, a video would take a long time to load or play.
Tumblr was quick and easy to use and required very little set up time. When setting up the Word Press account to try it out, it was clear it was much more time consuming to get up and running. Blogger just didn't have a look we cared for.
Simply put, the combination of the visual aesthetics and the ease of use make it perfect for us to continue using.
I think Tumblr is well suited for someone focused on a more visual scenario. If your blogs contain large amounts of text, maybe Word Press is a better choice. Tumblr really made it easy to post very quickly which led to us posting more frequently since we just need to pop in a few explanatory sentences and then load the photos. I never really had to work with them directly or try to contact them for support.